The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #1276
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
KCstud not sure why you are going with the Texan angle and not the patriots. I'd much rather face the texans in the playoffs than the patriots.
Both of them are better as I said. Your defense can't stop any of them and their defense has proven to stop you.

You play New England in Denver than there is a very good chance to win, but if you go to New England in January? Well we've seen what happens.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #1277
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
You just said manning is light out better than Elway ever was. Now you're saying this? You're starting to confuse your own arguement here.
I was being sarcastic in response to your quote about giving other teams bad luck.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #1278
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Both of them are better as I said. Your defense can't stop any of them and their defense has proven to stop you.
Broncos early in the season(the one you said sucked) will not be broncos in January(the one that's progressed to 3rd best). You are already seeing a change in this team. That's why you're getting so defensive and assuring yourself that texans or patriots will stop them. It's ok. I'd much rather you root against the broncos than cheer for them. You're mojo just kills teams.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #1279
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless
 
orangeatheist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I was being sarcastic in response to your quote about giving other teams bad luck.
So, what you really mean is because Elway took his teams to two Super Bowls and won them back-to-back (that means he won two of them in a row; want to make sure you understand what that means since it's not something you KC fans have ever experienced), and Manning is far superior to Elway, that Manning WILL take Denver back to the SB, win a few more, unlike what that limp-dicked Montana did for KC? Great! Glad to have you on board!
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #1280
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I doubt the Texans will play conservative football if you play them again.
Once again you just throw something out there and hope it is true. How about our offense that has gelled and getting better along with our defense? You can't deny our young CB's are playing great and getting better each week. Not to mention old retread Brooking has us playing better defense and Jim L has played lights out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #1281
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
No. The front office, coaches, players, etc etc make us better.
The only good coaches KC has had recently they had to TRADE draft picks for. That is so sad.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #1282
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I was being sarcastic in response to your quote about giving other teams bad luck.
Oh got it. It only works if you're serious though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #1283
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Once again you just throw something out there and hope it is true. How about our offense that has gelled and getting better along with our defense? You can't deny our young CB's are playing great and getting better each week. Not to mention old retread Brooking has us playing better defense and Jim L has played lights out.
The Texans ran the ball 12 times and passed only 4 in the 4th quarter.

All because they were up 31-11. They played conservative football.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #1284
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,254

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

I love the fact that KC fan's only way to find joy this football season is proclaiming that Denver is only the 3rd best team in the conference, in a thread about how KC sucks.

Let's get back on topic here - are there any worse teams than KC? Jags and Panthers are the only other 1-6 teams, let's look at them.

KC : -89 points differential. out of 6 losses, 5 were by double digits.
JAX: -85 points differential. out of 6 losses, 3 were by double digits and 2 in OT.
CAR: -39 points differential. out of 6 losses, 1 was by double digits.

I think it's pretty clear that KC is indeed the worst team in the league.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #1285
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Peyton Manning in Denver will equal Joe Montana in Kansas City.
Except a hell of a lot better. Manning can carry a team where Montana was a great player on a stacked team.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #1286
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Except a hell of a lot better. Manning can carry a team where Montana was a great player on a stacked team.
And I'm making **** up? Montana carried KC over Pittsburgh and Houston. We won because of his leadership and playmaking ability.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #1287
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
The Texans ran the ball 12 times and passed only 4 in the 4th quarter.

All because they were up 31-11. They played conservative football.
We stopped them when it matters. They got rolled up on by GB and their passing game too. We can toss the ball around like that. I love your cherry picked stats. Drive one they were moving the ball on ground and we caused a TO. Drive 2 2 passes 1 run. Drive 3 Run, Run, pass game over. They were playing to win the game and that is no different than what they normally would do. They are a running team with playaction passing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #1288
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
And I'm making **** up? Montana carried KC over Pittsburgh and Houston. We won because of his leadership and playmaking ability.
So did Jake Plummer for us. I know it is killing you to see Manning play the QB position the best out of the whole NFL in the first half of the season. You took about every angle in the offseason why it would fail and why Manning wouldn't be a factor in the league and it was shoved up your ARSE.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #1289
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,472

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
So did Jake Plummer for us.
Please shut the **** up.

The only thing Plummer ever did in a playoff game was ride the coattails of Denver's running game and defense.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #1290
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Please shut the **** up.

The only thing Plummer ever did in a playoff game was ride the coattails of Denver's running game and defense.
The running game that averaged about 3 yds a carry? Plummer threw for 200 yds and a TD. He also had a huge PI call that doesn't count in his stats which never gets called unless you throw it. He played good that game but like I said his leadership willed us to a win along with champ.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #1291
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
And I'm making **** up? Montana carried KC over Pittsburgh and Houston. We won because of his leadership and playmaking ability.
How about your defense that sacked Houston 9 times and forced 3 turnovers? Oh yeah they forced 7 fumbles too while Montana threw 2 picks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #1292
Br0nc0Buster
You honeydicking?
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Super Bowl 50 Champs

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 7,411
Default

Why are Chief's fans talking smack?

Even Browns and Jaguar fans think the Chiefs suck
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #1293
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
So did Jake Plummer for us. I know it is killing you to see Manning play the QB position the best out of the whole NFL in the first half of the season. You took about every angle in the offseason why it would fail and why Manning wouldn't be a factor in the league and it was shoved up your ARSE.
Wow did you really just compare Jake Plummer to Joe Montana?

What a moron you really are. Jake Plummer was a game manager. Ratty was hoping he wouldn't **** it all up the entire time. Then the Steelers exposed him.

Montana made fantastic plays against the Steelers and Oilers that Plummer could only dream of making.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #1294
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
How about your defense that sacked Houston 9 times and forced 3 turnovers? Oh yeah they forced 7 fumbles too while Montana threw 2 picks.
I guess Montana's 300 yards and 3 TD's don't count. Especially against the Oilers defense. Nah they weren't good or anything. They didn't try to cheap shot Joe at all.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #1295
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

The difference between the situations of Montana and manning you are referring to is this. One has already taken place. Which is concrete fact that he didnt get KC a ring. The other hasn't happened yet. You're arguing fact with speculation.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #1296
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
The difference between the situations of Montana and manning you are referring to is this. One has already taken place. Which is concrete fact that he didnt get KC a ring. The other hasn't happened yet. You're arguing fact with speculation.
Manning has never beaten Tom Brady in New England in the playoffs which is likely what he'll have to do.

He's also been blown out by the Texans in your house. Playing in their house will be a completely different and much harder circumstance.

These are facts.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #1297
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Manning has never beaten Tom Brady in New England in the playoffs which is likely what he'll have to do.

He's also been blown out by the Texans in your house. Playing in their house will be a completely different and much harder circumstance.

These are facts.
You keep saying blown out. It was more stepping on their own feet than getting blown out. It was a 6 point loss. That's not a blowout. Go learn how these terms are applied before using them. Chiefs would kill for a 6 point loss.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #1298
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,923

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Manning has never beaten Tom Brady in New England in the playoffs which is likely what he'll have to do.

He's also been blown out by the Texans in your house. Playing in their house will be a completely different and much harder circumstance.

These are facts.
Why would we need to beat New England in New England? we have 1 game left against a team that is not currently below .500, it is against the Ravens who have been getting steadily worse all season.

New England has games against Houston, San Fran, @Jets (a place they have struggled against Rex Ryan), not to mention 2 games against a surprising Miami team. There is every chance that New England could end up 10-6 with that schedule which would very much put a playoff game in Denver.

Blown out by the Texans? Getting blown out is what happened to Kansas City when they played Atlanta, and Tampa Bay, AND Buffalo, AAAND San Diego - losing by less than 1 TD is not getting blown out.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #1299
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

He's assuming we're gonna play NE and labeling that fact. He needs a dictionary to learn the terms fact speculation and blow out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #1300
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Why would we need to beat New England in New England? we have 1 game left against a team that is not currently below .500, it is against the Ravens who have been getting steadily worse all season.

New England has games against Houston, San Fran, @Jets (a place they have struggled against Rex Ryan), not to mention 2 games against a surprising Miami team. There is every chance that New England could end up 10-6 with that schedule which would very much put a playoff game in Denver.

Blown out by the Texans? Getting blown out is what happened to Kansas City when they played Atlanta, and Tampa Bay, AND Buffalo, AAAND San Diego - losing by less than 1 TD is not getting blown out.
Patriots have the Texans and Niners left. That's it. And both of those are home games.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:48 AM.


Denver Broncos