The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #426
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Bump.

Because we have Peyton ****ing Manning, yet there are 6 threads on the front page about our former QB's.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #427
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Yep. I'm officially converted. This may only be for two or three years, but they are going to be an exciting two or three years.
Officially retarded.

Here ya go ****tard. This is where you should be
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #428
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Yep. I'm officially converted. This may only be for two or three years, but they are going to be an exciting two or three years.
Well good, you can now enjoy what is going to be a wonderful season!!!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:01 AM   #429
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Attachment 31667

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 10-18-2013 at 05:23 PM..
Old 10-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #430
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Checking one off my bucket list. Got to see Peyton Manning play live last night. It was everything I hoped it would be...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:07 AM   #431
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
That is so beautiful to behold.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:10 AM   #432
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Peyton Manning leads the league in QB rating, yards per attempt, plays of more than 20 yards, he is 2nd in yards per game, 3rd in TD/INT ratio...
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:33 AM   #433
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Checking one off my bucket list. Got to see Peyton Manning play live last night. It was everything I hoped it would be...
At the Steelers game I kept looking over at my buddy next to me and saying "That's Peyton F'ing Manning down there."

He just laughed because he knew I wasn't a fan of the move.

But the whole Peyton Manning's on our team thing never really hit home until then.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:47 AM   #434
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Peyton Manning leads the league in QB rating, yards per attempt, plays of more than 20 yards, he is 2nd in yards per game, 3rd in TD/INT ratio...
Plays of more than 20 yards? But I thought we never threw it down the field?
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #435
Drunken.Broncoholic

With last nights performance that puts him at 4 straight games of 300+ yards 3 TDs. Only one other QB(steve young) had done that in the history of the game?
Old 10-29-2012, 08:05 AM   #436
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
With last nights performance that puts him at 4 straight games of 300+ yards 3 TDs. Only one other QB(steve young) had done that in the history of the game?
Also gave him 5 straight with 300 yards, which he has only done once before in his career, also gave him 4 straight with 300 yards, 3 TDs and 75% completion rating something nobody has done before.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #437
DENVERDUI55

Manning is the best QB ever at presnap reads. I absolutely love having a QB that teams fear just like we feared Manning when he was a colt. He was the only QB we ever played that I just knew we had little chance against.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #438
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

the best thing about Manning right about now are the delicious tears of sorrow flowing down the faces of all of the Sparklers, Chefs, and Raiders fans.

they know Manning is healthy. they have now seen what the Broncos are capable of doing to the top teams in the league. they know that they have ZERO SHOT at winning the AFC West so long as Manning is here in Denver, and it looks like he'll be here for another 3 or 4 years.

not only has Manning energized this fanbase (i really didn't think we were going to be a playoff team this year, but it's hard now to envision a scenario where we are not in the SB hunt come the end of the year), but he has completely demoralized those other 3 fanbases. they are going nowhere for the next 3-4 years and they now know it.

i loved Tebow's intangibles and think he got a bad rap from alot of idiots on this board, but a healthy Manning is so far above what we could have accomplished with a 3rd year QB still trying to a correct his mechanics, that it really looks like a no-brainer now (it was a big risk when we signed him though). i'm even just about completely over my butthurt for what Manning did to us while he was in Indiacrapolis.

i'm not saying we'll get there this year, but wouldn't it be nice to have Manning take us to a couple of SBs and get some revenge on the NY Giants and SF Sissies for what they did to us when Elway was here?
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #439
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
the best thing about Manning right about now are the delicious tears of sorrow flowing down the faces of all of the Sparklers, Chefs, and Raiders fans.
they know Manning is healthy
. they have now seen what the Broncos are capable of doing to the top teams in the league. they know that they have ZERO SHOT at winning the AFC West so long as Manning is here in Denver, and it looks like he'll be here for another 3 or 4 years.

not only has Manning energized this fanbase (i really didn't think we were going to be a playoff team this year, but it's hard now to envision a scenario where we are not in the SB hunt come the end of the year), but he has completely demoralized those other 3 fanbases. they are going nowhere for the next 3-4 years and they now know it.

i loved Tebow's intangibles and think he got a bad rap from alot of idiots on this board, but a healthy Manning is so far above what we could have accomplished with a 3rd year QB still trying to a correct his mechanics, that it really looks like a no-brainer now (it was a big risk when we signed him though). i'm even just about completely over my butthurt for what Manning did to us while he was in Indiacrapolis.

i'm not saying we'll get there this year, but wouldn't it be nice to have Manning take us to a couple of SBs and get some revenge on the NY Giants and SF Sissies for what they did to us when Elway was here?
Dude, why did you have to go there, man?!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #440
Bronco Yoda

He's not too shabby
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #441
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

After careful consideration, going over his prior stats, this years stats, what we accomplished last year without him, I have come to the conclusion that yes, Peyton is alright.
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #442
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Yep, me too. Best home win in years, and 4th highest attended game at SAF. Great game to go to.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #443
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
"What stands out to me there is the 20+ passing plays for a broke down arm like Manning." John Clayton
Old 10-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #444
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

Yeah, I hear that Manning guy is alright...
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #445
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #446
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Manning is the best QB ever at presnap reads. I absolutely love having a QB that teams fear just like we feared Manning when he was a colt. He was the only QB we ever played that I just knew we had little chance against.
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
dont be a poor loser. He manages his team, histiming is superb and sees everything. I dont know if Manning plays chess but he comes to play with that mentality. He is awesome. Any other disagree?
It is hard to imagine that Manning goes to the line and actually calls the original play. Then again, how rare do we go in a huddle to make the next play. This is complete opposite of last season. Confidence in his plays, his ability and his teammates. We have taken a HOF QB that wasn't past his prime. KC had Montana but I think we might do better with Manning. That is a task because Montana is the Chiefs last memory of any real success...almost 20 years ago.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #447
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Bucs notes: Defense still abuzz over Peyton Manning

After having a day to digest Sunday's 31-23 loss in Denver, the buzz for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers was about Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning.

Tampa Bay's defense held Manning relatively in check through the first half, limiting the future Hall of Famer to 108 yards passing as the Buccaneers held a 10-7 lead at halftime. But in the second half, Manning led the Broncos on three scoring drives while completing 16 of 23 passes for 134 yards and a pair of touchdowns to Demaryius Thomas.

Manning tends to be the master of adjustments and showed that to a young and relatively inexperienced defensive corps.

"It was amazing, almost like I thought he was cheating,'' rookie safety Mark Barron said. "I was just kind of in amazement that he was able to recognize some the things that we were doing. Most of it was new but he picked up on it and he recognized a lot of the things that we were doing.''

On every possession, Manning is pointing and directing traffic to make sure what he sees developing is recognized by the rest of the offense. While some of it may be misdirection to perhaps confuse defenses, his ability to recognize defenses is unmatched.

"He is like one-of-a-kind,'' Tampa Bay linebacker Mason Foster said. "He's crazy the way he was checking things, getting his offense in a great situation.''

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/sports/20...pey-ar-579041/
Old 12-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #448
uplink
Ring of Famer

When I watch the games this year it just seems like its not a level playing field now that the broncos have Manning. The broncos don't really have to play all that well to win games. He makes it seem like an unfair advantage since he is just so much better than other QBs except for Brady.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #449
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
When I watch the games this year it just seems like its not a level playing field now that the broncos have Manning. The broncos don't really have to play all that well to win games. He makes it seem like an unfair advantage since he is just so much better than other QBs except for Brady.
Yes -- but Denver will have to play better in the playoffs to make it to the SB
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #450
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
"Hey, dude. Your sister is great in the sack! Gimme five!"
This is still, after almost 8 years on this board, the best post I ever read.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote