The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #51
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Who's preaching?

You can eat a steaming pile of dog shiit for all I care.

W were talking about investments. My take is there is a great investment opportunity in healthy "fast food" franchises such as Tender Greens.

You don't like the investment don't pursue it. Who cares.

You make the mistake of thinking I give a **** about the choices you make. I don't
Sounded like preaching to me and from some of the other responses of the
others also.

If he thought he could make money selling healthy food I suspect he would be in that market.

Since there seems not to be any in DEN sounds like it is not a viable franchise at this time.

Might want to work on those anger issues.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #52
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4tw View Post
No thank you. Hopefully people will wake up to the fact that 11 bucks for a "simple salad" is utterly STUPID. For SALAD? 11 bucks?

I did Mad Greens downtown Denver a couple times, but stopped after the prices went up again.. and I ended up paying 10 or 11 bucks for a salad with a few pieces of chicken in it. 11 bucks? Naw.. I don't think so.
Case in point.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #53
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4tw View Post
No thank you. Hopefully people will wake up to the fact that 11 bucks for a "simple salad" is utterly STUPID. For SALAD? 11 bucks?

I did Mad Greens downtown Denver a couple times, but stopped after the prices went up again.. and I ended up paying 10 or 11 bucks for a salad with a few pieces of chicken in it. 11 bucks? Naw.. I don't think so.
Real food costs money.

The cheap fast food will be much more expensive in the long run when you start paying the doctor.

But I get not everyone will see the value here.

But as people get sicker and sicker from mal nourishment due to eating empty calories they will come around. Not to mention the taste is soooo good.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #54
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Sounded like preaching to me and from some of the other responses of the
others also.

If he thought he could make money selling healthy food I suspect he would be in that market.

Since there seems not to be any in DEN sounds like it is not a viable franchise at this time.

Might want to work on those anger issues.
Not angry either.

Not preaching and not angry.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #55
ak1971
uhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Real food costs money.

The cheap fast food will be much more expensive in the long run when you start paying the doctor.

But I get not everyone will see the value here.

But as people get sicker and sicker from mal nourishment due to eating empty calories they will come around. Not to mention the taste is soooo good.
dont you live in Mexico? You should market their water..I hear that's good for you
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #56
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I love PJ's owner. Great business man. Thankfully government and the people built his empire so he can go swimming with Manning in his money bin. If you believe, you can achieve.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #57
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
I love PJ's owner. Great business man. Thankfully government and the people built his empire so he can go swimming with Manning in his money bin. If you believe, you can achieve.
There you go again with that crap. Because yeah, none of his back breaking pizza makers or delivery people helped build that company. Yup, it was all him.

Regardless of politics - those pizza's are nothing more then $hit pies. I'll take a good local pizza any day of the week over those crap chains.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #58
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Bob View Post
I just make my own pizza. It's not that hard to do. Making the dough takes a little time, but it's good exercise,
and all fresh ingredients with no preservatives, hydrogenated oils, or other weird ****. And I put tons more
toppings and cheese on mine than you'd get at a pizza joint. Best pizza in the world.
I agree. I have my own wheat field in my small backyards. Do you know how cool it is to walk between the 3 foot high stalks of wheat and run my hand through it like I am Gladiator from that movie scene? Then I have my cow for the dairy to make cheese. I slaughter the mother ****er so I could have some tasty meat on my personal pizza.
Making my own is healthy and I know where it came from...my backyard in surburbia. Neighbors love it when the cow is gone but hate the sound of it either mooing before the slaughter or me taking the dull 6 inch knife to its throat. I am going to try to improve on that next time.

Wood burning pizza in the backyard would be cool, though.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #59
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
There you go again with that crap. Because yeah, none of his back breaking pizza makers or delivery people helped build that company. Yup, it was all him.

Regardless of politics - those pizza's are nothing more then $hit pies. I'll take a good local pizza any day of the week over those crap chains.
So your ok with eating at a local place that have employees breaking their back and delivery people that helped to build their company.

If his are **** pies I suspect so are the local pies.

Hypocrisy anyone.

If the local guy is successful is he not just a smaller version of Papa John?

You liberals are all the same. If anyone makes money. And oh by the way employ a bunch of people who would not otherwise have a job they are evil.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #60
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post

Want a cookie while you're at it?
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #61
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Let me add most of those working in any Pizza Joint, or for that matter any fast food places or restaurants are kids making money while in school. At least in any ones I have been in. Let me add spouses of military are a big group that work in them where I live.

If those owners had not invested money opening them a lot more folks would be unemployed.

BTW Papa John IIRC does not own those businesses he franchises them to local owners.

So not sure why some of you are all that pissed other than maybe you do not own them.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #62
Meck77

The pizza king of Denver has spoken! Saints ain't ****!

Peyton Manning is the ****!

Last edited by Meck77; 10-28-2012 at 09:24 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote