The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you approve trading a 2nd round pick to the Panthers in exchange for RB Jonathan Stewart?
YES 41 23.16%
NO 124 70.06%
Thank Goodness This Isn't Another Manning/Tebow Thread. 12 6.78%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #126
uplink
Ring of Famer

No, bringing in high priced playerS via trades usually never works out in the NFL.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #127
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
No, bringing in high priced playerS via trades usually never works out in the NFL.
Yeah Cutler/Marshall to Chicago has been a disaster,
Old 10-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #128
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I don't think that's worked out as good as you might suggest. That team has not been impressive on offense for the most part. I wouldn't say Cutler and Marshall are "tearing it up" so to speak. Good players, not as special though as most would have thought they would have become several years ago. I always thought Marshall would be as good as he would allow himself to be without all the distractions. Cutler has leadership issues and still, IMO, horrible footwork and throwing mechanics. He still thinks his big time arm allows him to throw the ball late and into double/triple coverages. That has always been his biggest problem. Read some defenses, look safeties off, anticipate, those are all things he still does not do well.

Last edited by ZONA; 10-28-2012 at 05:53 PM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #129
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Manning has to be giddy at having two big WR's to toss it up to.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #130
uplink
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
If it ever works its when you bring in a high priced QB. Otherwise get players at a bargin price, they seem to play better.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #131
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I don't think that's worked out as good as you might suggest. That team has not been impressive on offense for the most part. I wouldn't say Cutler and Marshall are "tearing it up" so to speak. Good players, not as special though as most would have thought they would have become several years ago. I always thought Marshall would be as good as he would allow himself to be without all the distractions. Cutler has leadership issues and still, IMO, horrible footwork and throwing mechanics. He still thinks his big time arm allows him to throw the ball late and into double/triple coverages. That has always been his biggest problem. Read some defenses, look safeties off, anticipate, those are all things he still does not do well.

Cutlet is good but not worth the price in money nor draft choices they had to give for him.

But he is still a turn over machine. IIRC 2 today maybe 3. They barely got by JAX and had the defense not had a pick size well they most likely would have lost.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #132
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Before Cutler Marshall they had Orton/Knox
Old 10-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #133
OrangeSe7en

Stewart gets injured a lot.