The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default We’ve Activated Drew Brees’ Trap Card

Installment #2, looking forward at Saints vs Broncos:

Quote:
First of all, best update title ever? I think so.

Sunday night, when the Broncos face off against the slumping New Orleans Saints, has the makings of a prototypical trap game. Make no mistake, these are not the same slumping Saints who let the Chiefs steal a game from them one month ago.

Why the Saints will be resurging:

The Saints are still the #1 passing offense in the league… and by a wide margin. Compounding matters, Denver struggles against teams that excel at spreading the field and forcing poor depth to defend every yard of real estate.

Jonathan Vilma will also be caught enough to assemble a competitive performance. When you consider that this may be his last chance (as his Bounty-Gate appeal may come to a head next week and place him back on the couch), there’s a likely chance he’ll be raising the level of defensive play if only through presence and confidence alone—this was a good opportunity to use the word “swag”, but I’d feel dirty all day.

Joe Vitt. While the competitive parity within the league is certainly overstated, coaching does provide an advantage. Joe Vitt has had 6 consecutive bye weeks looking ahead and dreaming of this game. Vitt has a chance to become a hero in New Orleans. Topple the mighty Peyton Manning and get a talented roster back on the right track? More importantly, it makes a name for himself around the league and he knows it.

The inconsistent and sloppy play that has plagued the Broncos for huge chunks of games thus far this season cannot happen. We saw what happened when the Chargers got over-confident and let the Saints back in the game… and we’re a team that has been caught sleeping for HUGE chunks of 4/6 of the games it’s played to date. That being said….

Why the Broncos will still win:
Rest at: http://patrickturley.org/weve-activa...ees-trap-card/
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

Broncos will undoubtedly lose...Guaranteed.

-lonestar
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I gotta agree, I can totally see the Broncos losing this game.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I have the Broncos winning. Saints are 1 dimensional and at home I like our chances. Saints will be passing alot and I think they'll get their passing yards but I also think we get 5 sacks on the day and win the turnover battle. I also think we play our 1st 60 minute game of the season, lol.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I have the Broncos winning. Saints are 1 dimensional and at home I like our chances. Saints will be passing alot and I think they'll get their passing yards but I also think we get 5 sacks on the day and win the turnover battle. I also think we play our 1st 60 minute game of the season, lol.
^ you're literally repeating the same things I said in the write-up man
Old 10-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #6
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Excellent borderlands 2 reference, zero is a bad mofo
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #7
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
Excellent borderlands 2 reference, zero is a bad mofo
First of all, awesome game.

Secondly, Zero is a bad mofo.

Third, where did I make a Borderlands 2 reference though!??!?!
Old 10-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #8
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
First of all, awesome game.

Secondly, Zero is a bad mofo.

Third, where did I make a Borderlands 2 reference though!??!?!
in your title, I totally thought that was an excellent play on words. When you go into his stealth mode, one of his sayings is, "how hilarious, you just set off my trap card, your death approaches"...i'll try to embed.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #9
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

woooooow, i never even knew this was a meme. shame on me. Makes the dev's for borderlands 2 THAT much more awesome though (one of the most intelligently comedic games ever imo), and you totally get rep!
Old 10-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #10
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

You spelled anus wrong.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #11
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
You spelled anus wrong.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #12
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Don't know who this Patrick Turley guy is, but seems like a real loser. Probably also has small calves.

Broncos win 75-0
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #13
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post

-lonestar
Not true, they could have a fluke game and win. But that's a good thing as it helps their draft position.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:15 AM   #14
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post

-lonestar
Once again an ass clown speaking crap..

Good chance we lose this for a multitude of reasons..

NEW/OLD head/assistant head coach is back, Brees is as good as they get 5 300+ passing games this year has 313 in teh first half last week and IF they get the running game back it will be a long game..

we have not been in years past stellar in Nationally Televised games. Even worse at night, home field advantage? well not since MHS..

Now, that said if Fox does not tie Mannings hands and allows them to go no huddle from play one by the time the fourth quarter starts everyone of their players will be gassed..

Hopefully Wolfe who has played more snaps than any other DL guy except Doom this year will have fresher legs under him.. almost 67 snaps per game.. that is a lot for a rookie and because he never stops playing until the whistle blows probably more than more have done so far this year..

We have a pretty good chance of beating them as long as we do not get behind, establish a decent running game early and do not turn the ball over especially not short fields for them..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:04 AM   #15
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
^ you're literally repeating the same things I said in the write-up man
It's a no brainer....the Saints have struggled to stop anyone defensively...and have struggled to run the ball...Broncos are home...play better defense and can move the ball just good.

so stop acting like you discovered plutonium here.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:07 AM   #16
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Once again an ass clown speaking crap..

Good chance we lose this for a multitude of reasons..

NEW/OLD head/assistant head coach is back, Brees is as good as they get 5 300+ passing games this year has 313 in teh first half last week and IF they get the running game back it will be a long game..

we have not been in years past stellar in Nationally Televised games. Even worse at night, home field advantage? well not since MHS..

Now, that said if Fox does not tie Mannings hands and allows them to go no huddle from play one by the time the fourth quarter starts everyone of their players will be gassed..

Hopefully Wolfe who has played more snaps than any other DL guy except Doom this year will have fresher legs under him.. almost 67 snaps per game.. that is a lot for a rookie and because he never stops playing until the whistle blows probably more than more have done so far this year..

We have a pretty good chance of beating them as long as we do not get behind, establish a decent running game early and do not turn the ball over especially not short fields for them..
I like how you always pretend to be above name calling.
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:18 AM   #17
kdissette
Pro Bowler

IN VON WE TRUST!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

brees throws not 1 not 2 but all right 2 picks...and a fumble!!! broncos blow it out in the first half win 45-28 with most of the saints pts in garbage time....hey if im wrong at least ill be completely wrong
kdissette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:43 AM   #18
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Didn't Brees separate his shoulder in Denver? the thought of his injury may slow him down a bit. 49-0 Saints
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:53 AM   #19
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
Didn't Brees separate his shoulder in Denver? the thought of his injury may slow him down a bit. 49-0 Saints
Actually, he didn't separate his shoulder, I believe it was Gerrard Warren and John Lynch. It was against Denver, but it was in San Diego.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:34 AM   #20
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
It's a no brainer....the Saints have struggled to stop anyone defensively...and have struggled to run the ball...Broncos are home...play better defense and can move the ball just good.

so stop acting like you discovered plutonium here.
None of that has anything to do with the specifics raised that you quoted.

Nice work again moron. And by nice I mean you're an idiot.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:35 AM   #21
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
In SD, but it was against Denver. Last game of 2005 regular season Lynch sack and fumble and Warren diving on his shoulder
Old 10-28-2012, 07:50 AM   #22
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

I always chuckle at posts which self-argue like these:

Quote:
Good chance we lose this...
vs

Quote:
We have a pretty good chance of beating them...
Yes! In the SAME post!
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #23
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
None of that has anything to do with the specifics raised that you quoted.

Nice work again moron. And by nice I mean you're an idiot.
....yeah, whatever clown....

the point that obviously eludes your narcissistic mind is that you didn't type any wisdom....everything you typed is known throughout the NFL watching world

We all know that the Saints have an elite QB....in what universe is that not known?

We all know the Broncos haven't been consistent in 2012 offensively or defensively....who watching the Broncos doesn't know this?

We all know that the better job a coordinator or interim coach does makes him more attractive to NFL teams looking to improve their staffs? BTW, Vitt already made a name for himself as he was the Rams' interim head coach where he went 4-7.

Who doesn't know that a savvy vet like Dumervil and excellent pass rusher like Miller couldn't take advantage of inexperienced guys on opposing OL?

Who doesn't know that the Saints defense has basically sucked this year, giving up tons of yards to substandard QB's and made Freeman look like the second coming last week?

Who doesn't know that Demaryius Thomas needs to protect the ball better and is capable of putting up monster numbers against a poor defense?

again, quit acting like you cornered the market on inside information.....

Last edited by errand; 10-28-2012 at 09:25 AM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #24
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Guys, Saints defense is HORRIBLE. I have watched a couple of their games.

This game will be all about Denver not repeating what they do every week - play with their heads up their asses and turn the ball over 800 times in the 1st quarter.

If the offense is the 4th quarter offense and the defense just plays up to capability, this game is not close, Denver wins by 2 touchdowns.

I still think low scoring 17-13 type game just because sometimes you can't explain how games go, BUT this should be a Denver win.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #25
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
....yeah, whatever clown....

the point that obviously eludes your narcissistic mind is that you didn't type any wisdom....everything you typed is known throughout the NFL watching world

We all know that the Saints have an elite QB....in what universe is that not known?

We all know the Broncos haven't been consistent in 2012 offensively or defensively....who watching the Broncos doesn't know this?

We all know that the better job a coordinator or interim coach does makes him more attractive to NFL teams looking to improve their staffs?

Who doesn't know that a savvy vet like Dumervil and excellent pass rusher like Miller couldn't take advantage of inexperienced guys on opposing OL?

Who doesn't know that the Saints defense has basically sucked this year, giving up tons of yards to substandard and made Freeman look like the second coming last week?

Who doesn't know that Demaryius Thomas needs to protect the ball better and is capable of putting up monster numbers against a poor defense?

again, quit acting like you cornered the market on inside information.....

but but but ...... He's The Reverend, he knew it first long before the masses figured it out. God are you blind to his brilliance man.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote