The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #26
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Yep, I really don't understand the blind hatred here.
Livestrong is how he rationalized the fraud he was, but do you realize how Lance more then likely got cancer in the first place??....it was from taking steroids and growth hormones as a teenager. Livestrong was set up to promote Lance Armstrong first and foremost. Period. And thats what it did.

Do you realize this prick wrote 3 inspirational books about overcoming odds becoming a champion. If that's not the definition of fraud then I dont know what is.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #27
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
You must be republican... make yours and F everyone else
Aaand another maner has the pleasure of meeting the human abomination known as Lonestar. Half of Lonestars money came from siphoning off the cash of those who worked for him and his employer, because in his America it doesn't matter how you make your money.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #28
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Livestrong is how he rationalized the fraud he was, but do you realize how Lance more then likely got cancer in the first place??....it was from taking steroids and growth hormones as a teenager. Livestrong was set up to promote Lance Armstrong first and foremost. Period. And thats what it did.

Do you realize this prick wrote 3 inspirational books about overcoming odds becoming a champion. If that's not the definition of fraud then I dont know what is.

Right...because men aged 25-40 are not prone to testicular cancer. They must all be juicing.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:55 AM   #29
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Right...because men aged 25-40 are not prone to testicular cancer. They must all be juicing.

76% of men who get it are between 20-44 years of age.

With the highest chance between 20-34 (woohoo Im 36)

The second highest chance between 35-44 (doh!)

Fortunately, only about 370 people die a year from it out of about 8250 men that get it a year. Roughly about a 95.5% survival rate.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #30
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
The riders who rode without using drugs, every dollar he made in sponsorship deals, salary, winnings were made by .
They all used drugs. If you didn't you couldn't compete period.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #31
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I defended Lance at every turn. I didn't understand how they kept catching other cyclists and Lance kept testing clean. I asked myself: What is more likely? That he's really clean and talented, or he has one of the most advanced anti-doping efforts ever put together that is smarter and better than anyone anywhere at cheating?

Well it looks like it was the latter on this one.

Disappointed.
Yah, I was in that boat also. I was always questioning how the guy could be that dominant, but was tested galore and never got caught whereas other guys were constantly getting caught.

I guess from what I've seen he still has never tested positive, it's the testimony from his teammates that have convicted him.

I see they've vacated the "winner" column for all those Tour de France wins he had (put an askerisk in there so to speak). I'd like to see MLB do that for all the guys that won MVP's, etc while being known PED users.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #32
Brewer
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This is fawesome! Crucify the scrawny cyclists for taking PEDs but keep watching the NFL every week. Priceless. Talk about a group of athletes on juice. Yeah, I know- those gigantic defensive linemen who weigh 370lbs and run 6 minute miles are all natural. That's why they've been that big throughout the history of professional football. What? Oh, wait...

I want to believe that Lance didn't cheat, but it's hard to keep that belief alive. I do believe that if he WAS cheating, so was the guy who came in 2nd, 3rd, 4th.... He still beat 'em!
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #33
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/27/yo...anted=all&_r=0

But there is one way the company could cause problems for Mr. Armstrong, and that is by deposing him as part of a lawsuit. “In any deposition, if he would deny the usage of performance-enhancing drugs, he would open himself up to criminal prosecution for lying under oath,” said Andrew Stoltmann, a lawyer in Chicago who has represented professional basketball, football and baseball players. “Prosecutors love high-profile obstruction of justice cases to serve as a deterrent for lying under oath.”

This has to happen. Is there a way we can start a fund or petition to urge this company to force lance on the stand. I would like nothing more then to see this arrogant prick who so vehemently denied doping for all those years have to eat some f'n crow. That or go to jail. I cant decide which I want more.
This guy is the biggest fraud of our generation.
There were plenty of pro cyclist out there who were clean and trying to feed their families just like Lance. Lance cheated and scammed his way to a 125 million fortune. It makes me want to puke. And to do it all under this umbrella of cancer survivor/hero/humanitarian.
**** Rick Reilly too for supporting this guy. How does Rick even have a job at this point??
DDOOONNNTTT CCAAAARRRREEEE!!!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #34
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I defended Lance at every turn. I didn't understand how they kept catching other cyclists and Lance kept testing clean. I asked myself: What is more likely? That he's really clean and talented, or he has one of the most advanced anti-doping efforts ever put together that is smarter and better than anyone anywhere at cheating?

Well it looks like it was the latter on this one.

Disappointed.
and that Lance had the money to fund the most advanced anti-doping. No reason to be upset as everyone of them was doing it. Cycling is nailed down to such a science it is easy to spot when something isn't right.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #35
Bacchus

Quote:
People care about cycling?

To be honest I care more about Armstrong pulling in $470 million for cancer research than "cheating" at a "sport".

Maybe, but cheating does tell people of ones character or lack thereof.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #36
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
You must be republican... make yours and F everyone else
Actually a registered Demo.

He really did not take that much from 7 different othe potential winners. And there was no way you or anyone else can say he would not have won them anyway.

How much is winning the race worth?

As for your You must be a Republican from the sound of that ignorant remark you must be one of the 47% group.

How can anyone fault a guy that trained as hard and as long As he did with being a winner. Other than a petty yahoo that is jealous of his and anyone else's success that could be the only reason for your response.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #37
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:

Thanks for responding to this moron.

I fail to understand how anyone can hate folks for excelling In a sport, business or life in general.

Got to be petty jealousy, there is no other normal thing I could understand.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #38
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
76% of men who get it are between 20-44 years of age.

With the highest chance between 20-34 (woohoo Im 36)

The second highest chance between 35-44 (doh!)

Fortunately, only about 370 people die a year from it out of about 8250 men that get it a year. Roughly about a 95.5% survival rate.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #39
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Ok maybe but that does not put him in the same league as Berne Madoff who ruined lives, wiped out retirements and emptied portfolios.
Bernie Madoff dishonestly took money from people by promising he could make good investments, Lance Armstrong dishonestly took money from people by promising he won races honestly. Both of them took money from others by dishonesty.

Mao killed a ton more people than Charles Manson, doesn't mean Manson isn't a bad person - the same is true here, Armstrong didn't commit the same magnitude of fraud as Madoff, but they are both lying scumbags who stole a lot of money from people by deciet.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #40
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
They all used drugs. If you didn't you couldn't compete period.
No, I know several amateur bike riders who don't use drugs - if you keep going down the list you will eventually find a rider who was honest, that guy was the best in the world.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #41
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Livestrong was set up to promote Lance Armstrong first and foremost. Period. And thats what it did.
Yep.

Without a disease that kills millions, Lance Armstrong wouldn't be rich. And then he lied about it. Must feel good, Lance.

The guy is delusional, which is why he "opted out" of defending himself. If you don't play by their rules, you can't lose! He still thinks all the power is his. And guess what? If he isn't hammered legally, it will be! Great system we've got here.

Whoever called him an American Hero is right. What is did is quintessentially 21st century American. That's the problem.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #42
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Bernie Madoff dishonestly took money from people by promising he could make good investments, Lance Armstrong dishonestly took money from people by promising he won races honestly. Both of them took money from others by dishonesty.

Mao killed a ton more people than Charles Manson, doesn't mean Manson isn't a bad person - the same is true here, Armstrong didn't commit the same magnitude of fraud as Madoff, but they are both lying scumbags who stole a lot of money from people by deciet.
Bernie went after peoples savings. He took everything from them. Left them destitute in the twilight of their lives (in many cases). Instead of enjoying a hard earned retirement many could not retire. And he knew he was destroying the person financially that trustingly handed over his life savings.

Armstrong got some endorsements

If you do not see the magnitude of difference here than I am led to believe you are a person that has a tough time admitting you made a bad call.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #43
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Bernie went after peoples savings. He took everything from them. Left them destitute in the twilight of their lives (in many cases). Instead of enjoying a hard earned retirement many could not retire. And he knew he was destroying the person financially that trustingly handed over his life savings.

If you do not see the magnitude of difference here than I am led to believe you are a person that has a tough time admitting you made a bad call.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #44
Bronco Yoda

Quote:

yep
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #45
ChampJesusBailey
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/27/yo...anted=all&_r=0

But there is one way the company could cause problems for Mr. Armstrong, and that is by deposing him as part of a lawsuit. “In any deposition, if he would deny the usage of performance-enhancing drugs, he would open himself up to criminal prosecution for lying under oath,” said Andrew Stoltmann, a lawyer in Chicago who has represented professional basketball, football and baseball players. “Prosecutors love high-profile obstruction of justice cases to serve as a deterrent for lying under oath.”

This has to happen. Is there a way we can start a fund or petition to urge this company to force lance on the stand. I would like nothing more then to see this arrogant prick who so vehemently denied doping for all those years have to eat some f'n crow. That or go to jail. I cant decide which I want more.
This guy is the biggest fraud of our generation.
There were plenty of pro cyclist out there who were clean and trying to feed their families just like Lance. Lance cheated and scammed his way to a 125 million fortune. It makes me want to puke. And to do it all under this umbrella of cancer survivor/hero/humanitarian.
**** Rick Reilly too for supporting this guy. How does Rick even have a job at this point??

Oh please. A majority of the people Lance was racing against were juicing also. He beat all of them in the laboratory and on race day.
ChampJesusBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:15 AM   #46
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

Quote:
Oh please. A majority of the people Lance was racing against were juicing also. He beat all of them in the laboratory and on race day.
so everyone else should risk cancer to keep up? All those buttholes that say "eveyone does it" everyone may not want to risk butthole cancer. or shorten their lives by 6-8-10 years. yay lets all risk our lives and maybe get brain cancer like lyle alzado
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:56 AM   #47
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH

Let the heads roll.........

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III

The truth is Lance competed on an unlevel playing field.

Every red blooded American knows this to be true.

To all the Frenchies out there:

Newsflash............Lance had ONE NUT.

HALF the testosterone as all the other cylclists!

He won seven TOUR DE FRANCE titles and then used his fame to raise awareness for cancer.

WHAT A HERO!!!

LIVESTRONG sir LANCELOT!

Conclusion to the matter:

One American nut can outproduce a slew of french nuts.

(btw....Lance has a nickname for his one nut: KONG)
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #48
Brewer
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

NFL players juice hard. Where's the outrage?
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #49
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
I think he could take the fifth and therefore no charges could be filed for perjury... Regardless of what he says he has been tainted..

as for the money he made MORE POWER to him..

Always thought it was the American way work hard, make as much money as you can.. Only a moron would say other wise..

Please tell me, if you had the money you could not find some way to be happy?
as long as there is a criminal consequence. if Lance were given immunity to any criminal repacussions(sp),he would not be able to claim the 5th.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #50
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Dude's a fraud. Doesn't matter one damn bit what others were doing.

Speaking of frauds, gotta love all the moralizers that are defending this guy based on "well, other people did it too!"
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote