The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #1176
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Ugly Nebraska-Michigan game. Sucks to see Dennard go out when he did, but it may have saved the Huskers, as they have been ineffective in the pass game (missed passes and drops). Looks like they may have iced it with that last TD run by Abdullah, though. Credit to the defense for containing Dennard when he was in and taking care of business against the freshman.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #1177
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 View Post
Hey, I understand. We have a FB playing LB.
lol
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:22 PM   #1178
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

i'm gonna need for Teo to be a Bronco next year.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #1179
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Nebraska beat Michigan 23-9.

I don't want to see Russell Bellomy again this season.

That was painful watching him play.

If Denard is going to miss some time, move starting WR Devin Gardner back to QB.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #1180
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Props to Notre Dame.

I thought they were overrated and would get beat tonight.

Pass the Lea & Perrins, I need to give this crow a little flavor.

This is a big win in Norman for Brian Kelly and company.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #1181
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Nebraska beat Michigan 23-9.

I don't want to see Russell Bellomy again this season.

That was painful watching him play.

If Denard is going to miss some time, move starting WR Devin Gardner back to QB.
unless his shoulder is wrecked(in which why is he playing WR) i don't see how you don't put Devin in at QB. that was utter nonsense.
and some Michigan fans actually wanted Bellomy to be the starting QB this season so that the offense could have a passing QB again...
Old 10-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #1182
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Props to Notre Dame.

Yeah, I did not expect to see ND win in Norman. Big Game Bob strikes again.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #1183
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Props to Notre Dame.

I'm fuggin pissed by the way they played tonite and they're playcalling was headscratching again
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #1184
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo

Cheer Cheer for Old Notre Dame!
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #1185
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Big Game Bob strikes again.
Yep that's why I thought ND had a good chance to win .

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 10-27-2012 at 10:24 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #1186
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
I'm fuggin pissed by the way they played tonite and they're playcalling was headscratching again
The bad snaps that cost them 20 yards, and momentum on the 1st drive.
I totally believe that was an incomplete pass that Teo intercepted, ball hit the ground and came loose to me.
But driving at will throwing the ball, then its like "OMG we have to run, so two runs up the middle for 2 yards"
3rd and 8, they blitz and we can't block it well enough.

Sports are a game of luck, and I'm not downplaying Notre Dame here, they are a great team and deserved this win, the ball just bounced their way.
I mean heck, their WR fumbles the ball straight to an OL, plus they gained like 3 extra yards on the play. Sometimes the ball just goes your way.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #1187
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I finally nailed an upset pick. I had picked Washington to beat # 7 Oregon State by 1 point in Seattle, 21-20. Washington just won, 20-17 to snap Oregon State's hot start.

SoCal's Updated Top 10

1. Alabama- Assraping the # 11 team in the nation is further proof that the Tide are just in another class for yet another year. Nick Saban is a huge jerk, but he's undoubtedly built a dynasty the last few years.

2. Oregon- Chip Kelly pulled the starters at the half up 56-0 on Colorado. Otherwise, they could have scored 100. Going to the Coliseum for an evening tangle with the Trojans will be a far stiffer test for the Ducks, but they should still prevail. That spread offense is alot deadlier than Arizona's and they were able to put up almost 40 on USC.

3. Kansas State- Is there a better story than Bill Snyder and Optimus Klein? After a bit of a slow start, the Wildcats blew out the Red Raiders in Manhattan. They'll be big USC fans this week. Snyder's work the last two years has been outstanding.

4. Notre Dame- I thought they would go down in Norman, but they played a strong game and came up with a big win. Props to ND for beating a good team in a hostile environment.

5. Ohio State- Impressive win in Happy Valley against a resurgent Penn St. team. Anyone think OSU fans would have rather taken their bowl ban last year? This is a pretty damn good OSU team.

6. Georgia- Great defensive effort in the World's Biggest Cocktail Party against No. 2 Florida. Richt was on the hot seat recently, but he'll be in the SECCG this year, so he's good for another couple seasons.

7. Florida- This is still an excellent defensive club. Not particularly potent on offense, although Driskel is usually a solid QB. Looking forward to the UF-FSU game later this year.

8. Florida State- Very impressive win against Duke today. Yes, you read that right. The 2012 Blue Devils are actually a pretty good team (6-2) for the first time in years and probably the Coastal Division's best club. The Noles handled them with ease.

9. LSU- Despite how poorly they've played at times, LSU still has only one loss nd has a couple quality wins recently. They have a chance to make a big move up in the polls with a win against Alabama next week in Baton Rouge. I think they'll get their asses beaten down in front of their own fans, though. Mettenberger will probably take his game to a new level of awful against the Tide defense.

10. South Carolina- You have to feel for Marcus Lattimore. 4 ligament tears and a broken femur all in a single injury. That's awful. The Gamecocks are a good team, but they would have been much better with Lattimore.

Go Canes!

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 10-27-2012 at 10:48 PM..
Old 10-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #1188
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
I finally nailed an upset pick. I had picked Washington to beat # 7 Oregon State by 1 point in Seattle, 21-20. Washington just won, 20-17 to snap Oregon State's hot start.

SoCal's Updated Top 10

1. Alabama- Assraping the # 11 team in the nation is further proof that the Tide are just in another class for yet another year. Nick Saban is a huge jerk, but he's undoubtedly built a dynasty the last few years.

2. Oregon- Chip Kelly pulled the starters at the half up 56-0 on Colorado. Otherwise, they could have scored 100. Going to the Coliseum for an evening tangle with the Trojans will be a far stiffer test for the Ducks, but they should still prevail. That spread offense is alot deadlier than Arizona's and they were able to put up almost 40 on USC.

3. Kansas State- Is there a better story than Bill Snyder and Optimus Klein? After a bit of a slow start, the Wildcats blew out the Red Raiders in Manhattan. They'll be big USC fans this week. Snyder's work the last two years has been outstanding.

4. Notre Dame- I thought they would go down in Norman, but they played a strong game and came up with a big win. Props to ND for beating a good team in a hostile environment.

5. Ohio State- Impressive win in Happy Valley against a resurgent Penn St. team. Anyone think OSU fans would have rather taken their bowl ban last year? This is a pretty damn good OSU team.

6. Georgia- Great defensive effort in the World's Biggest Cocktail Party against No. 2 Florida. Richt was on the hot seat recently, but he'll be in the SECCG this year, so he's good for another couple seasons.

7. Florida- This is still an excellent defensive club. Not particularly potent on offense, although Driskel is usually a solid QB. Looking forward to the UF-FSU game later this year.

8. Florida State- Very impressive win against Duke today. Yes, you read that right. The 2012 Blue Devils are actually a pretty good team (6-2) for the first time in years and probably the Coastal Division's best club. The Noles handled them with ease.

9. LSU- Despite how poorly they've played at times, LSU still has only one loss nd has a couple quality wins recently. They have a chance to make a big move up in the polls with a win against Alabama next week in Baton Rouge. I think they'll get their asses beaten down in front of their own fans, though. Mettenberger will probably take his game to a new level of awful against the Tide defense.

10. South Carolina- You have to feel for Marcus Lattimore. 4 ligament tears and a broken femur all in a single injury. That's awful. The Gamecocks are a good team, but they would have been much better with Lattimore.
Maybe it's pure homerism, but I'm expecting K-State to jump to #2 in the BCS standings. I know Oregon slaughtered Colorado, but K-State's opponent is/was ranked. That should count for something. If that's the case, I'll be chanting "Geux Tigers" all week...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:55 PM   #1189
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Maybe it's pure homerism, but I'm expecting K-State to jump to #2 in the BCS standings. I know Oregon slaughtered Colorado, but K-State's opponent is/was ranked. That should count for something. If that's the case, I'll be chanting "Geux Tigers" all week...
They may very well be No. 2 in the updated BCS standings based on who they have beaten, but I'm just going with my own subjective rankings of the teams based on my own observations. I do think Oregon is just a little bit better solely because their offense is so tremendously prolific. I mean they put up 43 points in a quarter and a half at Arizona State last week. KSU is a tremendous club, but at this point, I would put them just behind Oregon. No disrespect intended to the Wildcats at all, but I just think Oregon is a bit better.

It will be interesting to see who gets the BCS nod if they are both undefeated.

Go Canes!
Old 10-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #1190
swaiy

Nick Saban is never happy. Someone should make a Nick Saban meme.

36 seconds left in the game with a 40 point lead and QB kneels.

Saban is angry because the QB's knee didnt reach the ground fast enough.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #1191
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
Nick Saban is never happy. Someone should make a Nick Saban meme.

36 seconds left in the game with a 40 point lead and QB kneels.

Saban is angry because the QB's knee didnt reach the ground fast enough.
I'm pretty sure Nick Saban frowns when he busts a nut.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:05 AM   #1192
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
I will be so pissed if KSU ends up playing for the national championship. If NU somehow wins the B10 and gets stuck playing Oregon I will not be a happy camper!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:27 AM   #1193
Bronco Yoda

Something doesn't look right here.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:17 AM   #1194
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:

SoCal's Updated Top 10

I have to disagree with you about OSU. Frankly, I think if they take a bowl ban last year, the NCAA still gives them one this year. Just a feeling, I don't think OSU would have just been able to take a ban on a shi**y year. Concerning them being good, I disagree with that as well. They are decent on offense, but depending on how Braxton is passing, they can be very one dimensional. On D, the line is solid, but the LBers are terrible (outside of Shazier, who is very athletic, but often times is overly aggressive.) and secondary, while having talent often forgets to wrap up and instead goes for the knock out blow. On special teams our kicker and punter are solid, but we have had 3 blocks this year (punts) I believe. Sure we have blocked a few ourselves and have had a punt return for a TD, but the blocks are a killer for me. OSU will be very good next year and a national championship contender when Miller is a senior if he progresses as a passer.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #1195
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Man that kid may be done. His 1st round draft status is for sure. The way his lower leg was flapping around was just nasty. Sports medicine has grown leaps and bounds so nothing is certain, but even so he has a long road ahead.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #1196
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
They may very well be No. 2 in the updated BCS standings based on who they have beaten, but I'm just going with my own subjective rankings of the teams based on my own observations. I do think Oregon is just a little bit better solely because their offense is so tremendously prolific. I mean they put up 43 points in a quarter and a half at Arizona State last week. KSU is a tremendous club, but at this point, I would put them just behind Oregon. No disrespect intended to the Wildcats at all, but I just think Oregon is a bit better.

It will be interesting to see who gets the BCS nod if they are both undefeated.
Notre Dame, if they play on offense like they did last night, they are a championship team with that defense. They should be #3 at least.
Its going to be interesting what happens if KState, Oregon, Alabama and Notre Dame all finish undeafeted, as they all have a decent shot to.
Alabama will be #1 without a doubt.
Notre Dame's schedule is lacking somewhat I guess you could say, which will hurt them.
Oregon had a weak early schedule, finishes with some quality opponents.
KState had a decent schedule.

USC has a shot to take out two undefeated teams, they have a more likely shot at beating Notre Dame than Oregon though. I see Notre Dame losing to USC, Oregon losing to Stanford, and Alabama and KState finishing undefeated.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #1197
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
That looks like a guy who may be picking a new major on Monday.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #1198
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
ha ha.

Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #1199
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Canes 7 Hokies 0 1st quarter

Nice back shoulder fade TD pass from Morris to Allen Hurns. Come on boys...we really need this win in the ACC.

Go Canes!
Old 11-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #1200
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo

Notre Dame with a locked up BCS bid?

Quote:
The fourth-ranked Fighting Irish (8-0) are third in the BCS standings heading into their game against Pittsburgh (4-4) on Saturday, where they are 16.5-point favorites. They likely will be favored against Boston College (2-6) and Wake Forest (4-4) before the season finale at Southern California (6-2).

Officials with the Fiesta, Rose, Orange and Sugar bowls all say they will consider the Irish under the right circumstances, primarily that they meet the minimum requirements of nine victories and being among the top 14 teams in the final BCS standings. Notre Dame would prefer not being an at-large team, hoping instead to finish in the top two and earn a shot at the school's first national championship since 1988 in the BCS title game Jan. 7 in Miami.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-officials-say
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote