The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
fwf

Default Lance Pharmstrong is worth 125 million

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/27/yo...anted=all&_r=0

But there is one way the company could cause problems for Mr. Armstrong, and that is by deposing him as part of a lawsuit. “In any deposition, if he would deny the usage of performance-enhancing drugs, he would open himself up to criminal prosecution for lying under oath,” said Andrew Stoltmann, a lawyer in Chicago who has represented professional basketball, football and baseball players. “Prosecutors love high-profile obstruction of justice cases to serve as a deterrent for lying under oath.”

This has to happen. Is there a way we can start a fund or petition to urge this company to force lance on the stand. I would like nothing more then to see this arrogant prick who so vehemently denied doping for all those years have to eat some f'n crow. That or go to jail. I cant decide which I want more.
This guy is the biggest fraud of our generation.
There were plenty of pro cyclist out there who were clean and trying to feed their families just like Lance. Lance cheated and scammed his way to a 125 million fortune. It makes me want to puke. And to do it all under this umbrella of cancer survivor/hero/humanitarian.
**** Rick Reilly too for supporting this guy. How does Rick even have a job at this point??

Last edited by fwf; 10-26-2012 at 06:51 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #2
hookemhess
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Blake Gideon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post

But there is one way the company could cause problems for Mr. Armstrong, and that is by deposing him as part of a lawsuit. “In any deposition, if he would deny the usage of performance-enhancing drugs, he would open himself up to criminal prosecution for lying under oath,” said Andrew Stoltmann, a lawyer in Chicago who has represented professional basketball, football and baseball players. “Prosecutors love high-profile obstruction of justice cases to serve as a deterrent for lying under oath.”

This has to happen. Is there a way we can start a fund or petition to urge this company to force lance on the stand. I would like nothing more then to see this arrogant prick who so vehemently denied doping for all those years have to eat some f'n crow. That or go to jail. I cant decide which I want more.
There were plenty of pro cyclist out there who were clean and trying to feed their families just like Lance. Lance cheated and scammed his way to a 125 million fortune. It makes me want to puke. And to do it all under this umbrella of cancer survivor/hero/humanitarian.
**** Rick Reilly too for supporting this guy. How does Rick even have a job at this point??
It was basically the steroid era. They were all ****ing doping. Put an asterisk next to them if you want, but he won those damn races.

And then he parlays his fame into fighting the disease that nearly killed him. The LIVESTRONG Foundation has raised more than $470M.

Lance Armstrong is an American hero.

Last edited by hookemhess; 10-26-2012 at 06:49 PM..
hookemhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookemhess View Post
It was basically the steroid era. They were all ****ing doping. Put an asterisk next to them if you want, but he won those damn races.

And then he parlays his fame into fighting the disease that nearly killed him. The LIVESTRONG Foundation has raised more than $470M.

Lance Armstrong is an American hero.

[IMG]http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/kenny-powers-american-flag-****-you.gif[/IMG]
That's pretty much how I see it.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

A tarnished hero at best.

He is no longer a hero in my book but I don't hate him either.

...And I think he should get to keep his money. He may not be hero material but he earned his dough.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #5
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
A tarnished hero at best.

He is no longer a hero in my book but I don't hate him either.

...And I think he should get to keep his money. He may not be hero material but he earned his dough.
So did Bernie Madoff....
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #6
fwf

To say that everyone was on steroids at the time is completely false. It was a small percentage. What about those guys? And lance would fly that Livestrong jet all over the world how ever he pleased and would promote all his supporters and cohorts to top positions. Livestrong was a cover and a way to build up his brand. Define Hero for me buddy? If you see Lance as a hero youre either uninformed or ignorant.

Last edited by fwf; 10-26-2012 at 07:07 PM..
Old 10-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
So did Bernie Madoff....
Who's pension fund or personal wealth portfolio did Armstrong wipe out?

Get back to me on this I'd like to know.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
To say that everyone was on steroids at the time is completely false. It was a small percentage. What about those guys? And lance would fly that Livestrong jet all over the world how ever he pleased and would promote all his supporters and cohorts to top positions. Livestrong was a cover and a way to build up his brand. Define Hero for me buddy? If you see Lance as a hero youre either uninformed or ignorant.
Aren't they the same thing?
Old 10-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #9
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

People care about cycling?

To be honest I care more about Armstrong pulling in $470 million for cancer research than "cheating" at a "sport".

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #10
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Who's pension fund or personal wealth portfolio did Armstrong wipe out?

Get back to me on this I'd like to know.
The riders who rode without using drugs, every dollar he made in sponsorship deals, salary, winnings were made by cheating - all that money should have gone to honest athletes.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #11
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookemhess View Post
That's the part that matters. If any prosecutor goes after him after all this they deserve to be fired. It's a waste of Government resources when there are more important issues.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #12
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
The riders who rode without using drugs, every dollar he made in sponsorship deals, salary, winnings were made by cheating - all that money should have gone to honest athletes.
Ok maybe but that does not put him in the same league as Berne Madoff who ruined lives, wiped out retirements and emptied portfolios.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #13
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
cycling has always been a corrupt sport in terms of performance enhancing drugs.
so if he did or didn't use them i don't really care.

the problem with so many people complaining about PED's is this.
you still have to have talent for them to mean a damn thing.
history is filled with guys who got busted for or were heavily suspected of using PED's. most of them who were only worth something using the PED's flamed out in a couple of years and couldn't sustain anything for a prolonged period of time.

me personally i don't think any athlete is truly clean. before anyone starts a rant about "not everyone is doing it." i mean that too many things that are legal or not banned one day and then it becomes taboo the next.
some will stop taking it and move on to the next advancement in sports science, others will keep using what works.
every athlete is going to try and get any advantage they can on the competition, some will go farther than others into the grey area and even push farther.

bottom line though is this, at the end of the day you still have to put in the work and win. some do it in a much fairer manner than others but if you use PED's and you don't win no one cares and calls you a moron.
if you win then it's "he only won because he was using."

Last edited by Lestat; 10-26-2012 at 08:11 PM..
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #14
Bacchus

Who said Steroids doesn't pay?

Last edited by Taco John; 01-23-2013 at 07:32 PM..
Old 10-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #15
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

Garcia Bronco probably supports this guy like he does for Barry Bonds.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #16
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:

This has to happen. Is there a way we can start a fund or petition to urge this company to force lance on the stand. I would like nothing more then to see this arrogant prick who so vehemently denied doping for all those years have to eat some f'n Sheryl crow. That or go to jail. I cant decide which I want more.
Fixed it.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:16 AM   #17
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:

I think he could take the fifth and therefore no charges could be filed for perjury...

Regardless of what he says he has been tainted..

as for the money he made MORE POWER to him..

Always thought it was the American way work hard, make as much money as you can.. Only a moron would say other wise..

Please tell me, if you had the money you could not find some way to be happy?
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:20 AM   #18
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
so do you really think that there would have been one dominant rider that would have made money in the "sport"..

He did not make 125 mil riding a bike he made it endorsing and Probably really great investing..

as for the other riders tough TEAT they will get a trophy when it all winds down..
Old 10-27-2012, 12:24 AM   #19
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
cycling has always been a corrupt sport in terms of performance enhancing drugs.
so if he did or didn't use them i don't really care.

the problem with so many people complaining about PED's is this.
you still have to have talent for them to mean a damn thing.
history is filled with guys who got busted for or were heavily suspected of using PED's. most of them who were only worth something using the PED's flamed out in a couple of years and couldn't sustain anything for a prolonged period of time.

me personally i don't think any athlete is truly clean. before anyone starts a rant about "not everyone is doing it." i mean that too many things that are legal or not banned one day and then it becomes taboo the next.
some will stop taking it and move on to the next advancement in sports science, others will keep using what works.
every athlete is going to try and get any advantage they can on the competition, some will go farther than others into the grey area and even push farther.

bottom line though is this, at the end of the day you still have to put in the work and win. some do it in a much fairer manner than others but if you use PED's and you don't win no one cares and calls you a moron.
if you win then it's "he only won because he was using."

the guy had cancer fought it and came back to win again and again..

most would have whined about their lot in life and died..

he fought it and whether or not he would have won without those advancements in Medicine or not No one will ever know..
Old 10-27-2012, 12:31 AM   #20
Bronco Yoda

I have to admit that I really enjoyed an American dominating in this sport. The entire sport is known for drug use. Our druggy was better than their druggies. I'm not justifying it... just saying.

Now he has to pay the piper. He is still an incredible athlete. And an incredible liar.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:36 AM   #21
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
I have to admit that I really enjoyed an American dominating in this sport. The entire sport is known for drug use. Our druggy was better than their druggies. I'm not justifying it... just saying.

Now he has to pay the piper. He is still an incredible athlete. And an incredible liar.

as you said ours was better than theirs and they all lied..

the whine babies need to tell someone who cares..
Old 10-27-2012, 01:42 AM   #22
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

holy crap! i hear let them dope and cheat. maybe some people dont want to get testicular cancer or shorten their lives by 8-10-15 years just to compete. i bet barry bonds big head has shortened his life by how many years? and for what? so everyone else has to grow a giant head to compete? F-Lance
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:34 AM   #23
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
People care about cycling?

To be honest I care more about Armstrong pulling in $470 million for cancer research than "cheating" at a "sport".

Yep, I really don't understand the blind hatred here.
Drunk Monkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:13 AM   #24
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I defended Lance at every turn. I didn't understand how they kept catching other cyclists and Lance kept testing clean. I asked myself: What is more likely? That he's really clean and talented, or he has one of the most advanced anti-doping efforts ever put together that is smarter and better than anyone anywhere at cheating?

Well it looks like it was the latter on this one.

Disappointed.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #25
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
I think he could take the fifth and therefore no charges could be filed for perjury...

Regardless of what he says he has been tainted..

as for the money he made MORE POWER to him..

Always thought it was the American way work hard, make as much money as you can.. Only a moron would say other wise..

Please tell me, if you had the money you could not find some way to be happy?
You must be republican... make yours and F everyone else