The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 06:19 AM   #51
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Maybe Denver should have drafted Doug Martin...
**** yeah.. he went at the end of the first which would have given us like 3 chances to take him. That guy is a difference maker if Ive ever seen one. The lanes weren't there all the time and it didnt matter. That was one of the most impressive showings ive seen from a RB in a long time. He and AD both. Watching that game really brought home the fact that we havent had a talent like that totting the rock in Denver since TD. Can you imagine if you gave Peyton a weapon like that?

And I would be ok with giving up a 5 if Jackson was healthy then just letting him walk at the end of the year. But they could see what he's got left and sign him and let Mcgahee walk. Willis cant and wont be counted on as our #1 next season obviously.

Last edited by fwf; 10-26-2012 at 06:26 AM..
Old 10-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #52
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Not sure SJ would make this team better. I love him as a player, I just don't think he's that one missing piece that puts us over the top.

Give me some depth along the lines (O or D) or LB and I'd be pretty happy.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #53
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I'd rather go back in time and draft him instead of you know who.
Ed Reed?
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:21 AM   #54
Boogerboots
Anytime now...

..just make the snow stop!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Larry Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
as long as he can play MLB im down
Agreed. Too bad we couldn't pickup the spawn from the Legion of Doom.

Laurenitis I think?
Boogerboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #55
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I'll tell you what.

Over the last 3-5yrs....we have traded a way good talent for next to nothing. So, if we can bring in good talent for next to nothing....then, I'm all for it.

Let's give them a 5th rounder and bring him to Denver. That's the true market, isn't it? I mean what did we get for Brandon Lloyd?
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #56
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Let's get Tebow back, then pick up Jackson - WISHBONE BABY!
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:19 PM   #57
Mile High Salute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronc_fan23 View Post
Steven Jackson, once he becomes available.

Would be a great trade if we didn't give up too much.

Your thoughts?
This is why Polian is no longer a GM.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #58
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Front 7 player would do more this year vs a RB. I'm not a fan of SJ
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #59
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I love SJ and he is definitely worth a 4th. If we could send a 4th for him it would be worth it. He runs harder than mcgahee and is even harder to tackle. He breaks tackles like a moose. And he can catch, excellent hands. He has lost his shiftiness though, and where ever he decides to run is where he is going. I have had him in ff and watched him a lot last year and the year prior. He could certainly help spell willis, actually probably take over his job.

It would not happen, but yes, I would love to have him here. Still, id rather just send a nice pick to carolina for stewart but oh well.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #60
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
I love SJ and he is definitely worth a 4th. If we could send a 4th for him it would be worth it. He runs harder than mcgahee and is even harder to tackle. He breaks tackles like a moose. And he can catch, excellent hands. He has lost his shiftiness though, and where ever he decides to run is where he is going. I have had him in ff and watched him a lot last year and the year prior. He could certainly help spell willis, actually probably take over his job.

It would not happen, but yes, I would love to have him here. Still, id rather just send a nice pick to carolina for stewart but oh well.
They are making Stewart the primary workhorse back now. D-Will is now spelling him.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #61
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
Not sure SJ would make this team better.
lol
Old 10-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #62
extralife
Ring of Famer

bringing in SJ would also likely make some waves in the locker room. McGahee is a team leader. It's not very often you bring in people to replace those guys mid season.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:21 PM   #63
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
lol
Yeah, bringing in an old RB after the bye week who doesn't know the nuances of Peyton Manning's calls, protections and offense to replace our current old RB that does would be a huge upgrade. He might even be able to see the field by week 10.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #64
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Yeah, bringing in an old RB after the bye week who doesn't know the nuances of Peyton Manning's calls, protections and offense to replace our current old RB that does would be a huge upgrade. He might even be able to see the field by week 10.
brilliant
Old 10-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #65
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

I don't see us making a move for another old RB.

I think Hillman is going to work out very well for us.

Now if St L. offered up Jackson for KM I would be all over that.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #66
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

And what if Mcgahee were to .......what if we had to roll with ball Hillman and Moreno....would you all feel fine then? O maybe bring in an insurance policy for a 4th...

Remember Mcgahee was fine with being 1a and 1b with knowshon. He coaches have even said they wanted to limit his carries this year vs last year. I don't think it would be a problem....

We won't because then none of our backs would play ST and that is why ball is active and on the roster because of that. If not he would be where knowshon is.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #67
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
And what if Mcgahee were to .......what if we had to roll with ball Hillman and Moreno....would you all feel fine then? O maybe bring in an insurance policy for a 4th...

Remember Mcgahee was fine with being 1a and 1b with knowshon. He coaches have even said they wanted to limit his carries this year vs last year. I don't think it would be a problem....

We won't because then none of our backs would play ST and that is why ball is active and on the roster because of that. If not he would be where knowshon is.
Just think if we had Tom Brady backing up Manning!

OK maybe not quite the same thing but KM is our insurance policy, even if it is a sucky insurance policy. At least we have the luxury of having a 1st round bust...ummmm....I mean pick sitting at home waiting for a way to get back on the field should one of our RB's go down for any length of time.

Who knows maybe if KM ever does see the field again he will have learned to: stop dancing, stop running up his blockers backs, allude turf monsters, not get caught by the DL 10+ yards down field, fumble after getting caught from behind, drink and drive, blow blocking assignments, break a run off longer than 36 yards, avg more than 1.9 YPC, and have more TD's than Fumbles.

It could happen...
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #68
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I don't see us making a move for another old RB.

I think Hillman is going to work out very well for us.

Now if St L. offered up Jackson for KM I would be all over that.
You mean you would allow KM to leave

Who knew.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #69
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Just think if we had Tom Brady backing up Manning!

OK maybe not quite the same thing but KM is our insurance policy, even if it is a sucky insurance policy. At least we have the luxury of having a 1st round bust...ummmm....I mean pick sitting at home waiting for a way to get back on the field should one of our RB's go down for any length of time.

Who knows maybe if KM ever does see the field again he will have learned to: stop dancing, stop running up his blockers backs, allude turf monsters, not get caught by the DL 10+ yards down field, fumble after getting caught from behind, drink and drive, blow blocking assignments, break a run off longer than 36 yards, avg more than 1.9 YPC, and have more TD's than Fumbles.

It could happen...

Can't argue with that.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #70
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
I'll tell you what.

Over the last 3-5yrs....we have traded a way good talent for next to nothing. So, if we can bring in good talent for next to nothing....then, I'm all for it.

Let's give them a 5th rounder and bring him to Denver. That's the true market, isn't it? I mean what did we get for Brandon Lloyd?
Who said Brandon Lloyd is good talent. He washed out in St. Louis and is a huge disappointment in N.E.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #71
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Who said Brandon Lloyd is good talent. He washed out in St. Louis and is a huge disappointment in N.E.
Huh? Lloyd had 51catches, 683 yards and 5 TDs with the Rams. He did that in 11 games. That would be 74 catches, 993 yards and 7 TDs over 16 games. As for this year meh, He is on pace for 80 catches,928 yards and 2 TDs. Outside of last game vs the Jets hes played OK on a team with Welker, Hernandez, and Gronk taking up most of the targets.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #72
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
You could probably get Jackson for a 5th rounder. maybe a 4th. it would not take much.

Big in Jackson and cut the turd. (Insert Name Here)
We'd be stupid not to give up a 5th rounder for the guy if you ask me. After McGahee, our running back stable is just depressing.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #73
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

For a 5th Hell yes, who wouldn't if you needed help at the position.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #74
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
We'd be stupid not to give up a 5th rounder for the guy if you ask me. After McGahee, our running back stable is just depressing.
Yep, people are acting as if McGahee staying healthy is a lock.

I like Hillman's potential a lot but I wouldn't want to bet our season on him at this point if McGahee went down. Moreno and Ball are horrendous runners, so if we could bring in a talent like Jackson and jettison one of them we'd be much improved as a team.

All depends on the compensation, of course, but if we could get him for a 5th round pick I wouldn't be upset at all. Guy has never played on a good offense his whole career, I've got to believe that playing with Peyton would be hugely motivating for him. And if he comes in and impresses then you've got the inside track on resigning him in the offseason.

I doubt St. Louis trades him though, at 3-4 they're still far from out of the playoff hunt. Even with a loss this week they're still 3-5 at the bye, too early to give up on the season probably.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:09 AM   #75
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I'd rather go back in time and draft him instead of you know who.
Agreed. It would have better to have drafted Jackson than Moreno.