The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default Tracy Porter missing time because of a seizure

Quote:
Tracy Porter has been sidelined in recent days because of precautionary measures the team's medical staff is taking after the Denver Broncos' cornerback suffered a seizure in August.
Last Sunday, before the Broncos were to leave for San Diego for a game against the Chargers, Porter was experiencing light-headedness and his heart was racing — symptoms that occurred before he had a seizure in August.
"I had never had one before, 26 years I've been living," Porter said Thursday.
"Before the San Diego game, I don't know if it was the medication I was taking or it was a setback, but they decided to hold me back."
Read more: Broncos' Tracy Porter missing time because of a seizure; hopeful vs. Saints - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2ALRW3glR

Best wishes for Tracy. Have relatives who struggle with this, can be very scary and stressful learning to manage them.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

If he has seizures then I don't see how he can continue to play professional football. bummer
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
If he has seizures then I don't see how he can continue to play professional football. bummer
He has only had one his entire life. There have been numerous players that have had a seizure and continued to play. Youre jumping to an extreme conclusion lol
Old 10-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
He has only had one his entire life. There have been numerous players that have had a seizure and continued to play. Youre jumping to an extreme conclusion lol
Case in point...I was reading another article, regarding Porter's seizure. He mentioned that Jeremy Shockey had a seizure, while lifting weights. I don't know if this article mentions that fact, because I had a difficult time opening up the link...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Players with epilepsy have played before. How would this be worse?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #6
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Case in point...I was reading another article, regarding Porter's seizure. He mentioned that Jeremy Shockey had a seizure, while lifting weights. I don't know if this article mentions that fact, because I had a difficult time opening up the link...
I also saw that article. I remember when it happened because it was sportscenter. People always overreact lol
Old 10-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #7
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Mile high Sports has a different take.

http://milehighsports.com/2012/10/25...y-to-be-dealt/

It turns out that Denver Broncos cornerback Tracy Porter isn’t dealing with an illness. It turns out he’s coughing up a bad attitude, and he could be gone soon.
A source told Mile High Sports’ Robin Carlin on Thursday that Porter, who signed a one-year, $4 million contract in the offseason, is not suffering from an illness, as the Broncos claim. Instead, Porter is sitting out due to poor performance and to what the Broncos coaching staff perceives as a “bad attitude;” the Broncos may look to move Porter in the near future as a result.

cont.
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #8
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Well... that's interesting.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #9
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post

It turns out that Denver Broncos cornerback Tracy Porter isn’t dealing with an illness. It turns out he’s coughing up a bad attitude, and he could be gone soon.
A source told Mile High Sports’ Robin Carlin on Thursday that Porter, who signed a one-year, $4 million contract in the offseason, is not suffering from an illness, as the Broncos claim. Instead, Porter is sitting out due to poor performance and to what the Broncos coaching staff perceives as a “bad attitude;” the Broncos may look to move Porter in the near future as a result.

cont.
What a horrible thing to write after the details of Porter's health have come out.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #10
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

By the way, Porter did not have "another seizure." He had some symptoms similar to the seizure he had and so they kept out for precautionary reasons.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #11
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

It's health risk to have a seizure prone person playing professional football. We have to be concerned with player saftey
Old 10-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #12
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post

cont.
Ratboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #13
swaiy

Quote:
It's health risk to have a seizure prone person playing professional football. We have to be concerned with player saftey
Seizure prone? In 26 years of his life, he has one seizure that has happened at the age of 26. Im not saying its not a concern but no one here is a doctor and is able to say one way or the other.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #14
swaiy

That "bad attitude" crap is complete BS. Why would they lie about his health and say he was benched for bad attitude? That along with the details of hos ACTUAL sickness makes whoever gave that rumor life a complete douchebag.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #15
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

From Twitter:
Attached Images

Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #16
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Why would he pull tude in contract year. He is smarter then that I'm sure
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #17
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
Seizure prone? In 26 years of his life, he has one seizure that has happened at the age of 26. Im not saying its not a concern but no one here is a doctor and is able to say one way or the other.
Seizures can start at anytime in ones life due to a blow to the head at some point: turns into scare tissue and interfers with electrodes in the brain...can also be from birth and finally flares up...I have a six year old who has epilepsy and has been suffering from it since he was two. Scary for porter when says he has had reoccurring symptoms, that can mean he has had other seizures, as small as they may be. In some people's case they can only suffer that one event, but for porter, this could turn into epilepsy.
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #18
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I passed out and had a seizure once when I was about 18. They did a bunch of tests and couldn't tell us why. I have a bunch of other health issues but no more seizures or passing out.
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #19
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I passed out and had a seizure once when I was about 18. They did a bunch of tests and couldn't tell us why. I have a bunch of other health issues but no more seizures or passing out.
Did you see Gene Kranz?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #20
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Well I was about to fill you in on the first 6 episodes of Downton, but now it's probably not worth the risk.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #21
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

At least it's not diabetes AND a bad attitude...

KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #22
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Ones does not need to be a doctor to accurately judge these things. If it keeps up at this pace there is the potential that it could be career threatening. Maybe its just the Altitude.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #23
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Ones does not need to be a doctor to accurately judge these things. If it keeps up at this pace there is the potential that it could be career threatening. Maybe its just the Altitude.
Does he have a a point mutation in the β-globin chain of his haemoglobin proteins as well?
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #24
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
You have no idea what you're talking about and should stop.

This pace? 1 seizure then 2 months later some lightheadedness? STFU.

Notice that he has a strange feeling, called an "aura," that lets him know that he could have another seizure. Most people do. If he has more he will in all likelihood feel odd before he seizures again and can pull himself out of the game.

The chances of an unexpected seizure hitting at a time that results in a serious injury to himself on the football field is pretty astronomical "at this pace" and there would be just north of a 0% chance of a seizure injuring others on the football field. He should be able to obtain a driver's license in CO, so there is no reason whatsoever that he shouldn't be able to play football.

Last edited by misturanderson; 10-25-2012 at 08:49 PM..
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #25
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Did you see Gene Kranz?