The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #51
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Too finally get a division title and then wipe away any talk of "backing into the playoffs" by winning against the Steelers brings back the hope fans have been waiting since 2005. To take that away for a POSSIBLE upgraded draft pick is beyond retarded. I bet you were one of the few that wanted us to lose to the Vikings at the end of the 2007 season to finish 7-9 (below .500 for the first time in years) just to move up a few spots. BTW, our pick, Ryan Clady, seems to have worked out just fine. You wanted us to lose that playoff game? ****ing loser!
IMO losing a good hard fought game when there is NO CHANCE of moving on in the playoffs, is not a bad thing..

As far as wanting to lose while Tanahan was here to move up in the draft well I think NOT..

did not matter where that schmuck DAFTED with only a few exceptions were they worth a crap..

Have I mentioned that during his tenure we only resigned 13% or 6 0f 41 of his rounds 1-3 picks.. Yes I have and you know it..

So the odds of getting a better player while he was in town well I was not holding my breath..

Now last year is a different story we finally had someone that did not have his head up his ass on draft day, John so far has done a masterful job of getting talent where we needed it.. (save perhaps Mays) but certainly no where near Tanahans 13%.

Had we lost to PIT in OT by a FG or even a TD would not have been anything to hang our heads about.. year one into a 3-4 rebuild with Tebow as QB. Most folks would have rejoiced.. and instead of trading back we would have had options on the following..
Code:
13 	Arizona Cardinals 	Michael Floyd 	WR 	Notre Dame
14 	St. Louis Rams 	Michael Brockers 	DT 	LSU
15 	Seattle Seahawks 	Bruce Irvin 	DE 	West Virginia
16 	New York Jets 	Quinton Coples 	DE 	North Carolina
17 	Cincinnati Bengals 	Dre Kirkpatrick 	CB 	Alabama
18 	San Diego Chargers 	Melvin Ingram 	LB 	South Carolina
19 	Chicago Bears 	Shea McClellin 	DE 	Boise State
20 	Tennessee Titans 	Kendall Wright 	WR 	Baylor
21 	New England Patriots 	Chandler Jones 	DE 	Syracuse
22 	Cleveland Browns 	Brandon Weeden 	QB 	Oklahoma State
23 	Detroit Lions 	Riley Reiff 	T 	Iowa
24 	Pittsburgh Steelers 	David DeCastro 	G 	Stanford
See anyone on that list you might have wanted more than

Code:
2 	36 	Derek Wolfe 	DT 	Cincinnati
2 	57 	Brock Osweiler 	QB 	Arizona State
3 	67 	Ronnie Hillman 	RB 	San Diego State
4 	101 	Omar Bolden 	CB 	Arizona State
4 	108 	Philip Blake 	C 	Baylor
I've been watching this stuff for decades and KNOW the long haul is the only way to go and the quickie stuff that Tanahan did only dug the hole deeper..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #52
menonite

TANAHAN!

You are a retarded, condescending, broken record.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #53
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
kicked our asses?
If recent history is of any relevance they have no room to talk at all

Polumalu is a dirty piece of ****
I dont care how good he is
They are the team that kept us out of a third Superbowl under Shanny. The same year that one of the most banged up and frankly worst NFC representatives - the Seahawks (and a defensive back field mostly on IR) showed up from the other conference.

They probably prevented another Bronco Superbowl. The more recent games are not even close to as relevant to that one. Nothing could take away the sting of that game.

We must've dropped 6 Big Ben INTs.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #54
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Lonestar: STOP! Your graphs and facts don't erase the wanting to lose to the Steelers in a playoff game. So sad that you were one of the few that actually was watching that playoff game and wanting the Broncos to lose all to move up on a draft that doesn't equal a Super Bowl or even a guaranteed stud player.

Your admission is pathetic. Have mercy on you. BTW, does your nurses at your Assistance Care Facility feel that you are delusional?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #55
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
Other than go_broncos, lonestar really is the worst poster here. At least go_broncos can spell.
why thank you for your comments.. I have a list of others including your self as being worse..

But I have not posted it because of plain decency..
Old 10-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #56
swaiy

Shanahan... again. Seriously. Its almost 2013.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #57
menonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
why thank you for your comments.. I have a list of others including your self as being worse..

But I have not posted it because of plain decency..
Lonestar's Top Ten "Least Liked" list:

1) Tanahan.
2) Tanahan.
3) Tanahan.
4) Tanahan.
5) Tanahan.
6) Tanahan.
7) Tanahan.
8) Tanahan.
9) Tanahan.
10) Tanahan./ Menonite (tie)

With honorable mentions for "the guy who invented spellcheck" and TANAHAN. They may in fact be the same person. Lonestar will have to dig up some stats on that.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #58
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Lonestar's Top Ten "Least Liked" list:

1) Tanahan.
2) Tanahan.
3) Tanahan.
4) Tanahan.
5) Winning the division
6) Winning a playoff game
7) Young whipper snappers
8) Food you have to chew
9) Lights out at 8PM

10) Tanahan./ Menonite (tie)

With honorable mentions for "the guy who invented spellcheck" and TANAHAN. They may in fact be the same person. Lonestar will have to dig up some stats on that.
Updated.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #59
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Lonestar: STOP! Your graphs and facts don't erase the wanting to lose to the Steelers in a playoff game. So sad that you were one of the few that actually was watching that playoff game and wanting the Broncos to lose all to move up on a draft that doesn't equal a Super Bowl or even a guaranteed stud player.

Your admission is pathetic. Have mercy on you. BTW, does your nurses at your Assistance Care Facility feel that you are delusional?
DO you really think we had a chance to win a super bowl with Tebow?

No where did I say that I wanted to lose the game. No where , but losing in a honorable way as I said would not have diminished the game for me.. It would have been a great game had it been a close loss, considering the lack of talent we had at the time.

Winning at all costs, is not always the solution..

If so your in need of a reality check..

hell the next week confirmed what a pathetic team we were..

I believe in honor in my games and to beat a weaken team, only to get our asses kicked the next week to me is was a meaningless victory.. Felt good for a few minutes and frankly after watching the morons on here expecting a big win over NE, abd to get killed by them only made the PIT win more superficial..

On this you will not change my mind..

and the chicken crap comments at the end of your juvenile post well they are just that.. as are your neg reps petty little snipes..

if you think you are hurting my feelings it takes a better boi than you....

Last edited by lonestar; 10-25-2012 at 11:25 AM..
Old 10-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #60
menonite

Quote:
Now where did I say that I wanted to lose the game. No where , but losing in a honorable way as I said would not have diminished the game for me.. It would have been a great game had it been a close loss, considering the lack of talent we had at the time.

Winning at all costs, is not always the solution..
So throwing the football and having a receiver catch it for a TD is dishonorable?

You know you're old when the forward pass is considered cheating.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #61
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

^^ Dude, you have argued about losing the game to move up a few spots and then tell us we could have had a guard instead of the DL help we needed. Losing in a honorable way is still losing and it makes a huge difference in Broncos fans. We backed into the playoffs and only way to shut up any critics is to beat the tough Steelers....and we did! I don't care about what happened next, it was a step in the right direction. You have no idea what will happen with Wolfe or players we didn't get. You are a negative person. How pathetic that a huge majority here would rank that playoff game in the top 10 or 15 of all time yet you wanted us to lose before the game even started!
Honor in losing to a lesser team? Who in the **** out there in the prediction world had us beating the Steelers? Once we beat them, who knows what happens next even though it was an uphill battle.

You are a pathetic fan. Negative thinking in every way. Find another team please. Your time as a Broncos fan has expired Old Man.

PS: You didnt want to throw the game? As of right now, did you wish we threw the game and erase that great win? Lose now to move up a spot or two?

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 10-25-2012 at 11:30 AM..
Old 10-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #62
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
They are the team that kept us out of a third Superbowl under Shanny. The same year that one of the most banged up and frankly worst NFC representatives - the Seahawks (and a defensive back field mostly on IR) showed up from the other conference.

They probably prevented another Bronco Superbowl. The more recent games are not even close to as relevant to that one. Nothing could take away the sting of that game.

We must've dropped 6 Big Ben INTs.
I will always feel it was Jacksonville that robbed us out of a SB and would have been three in a row too.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #63
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

This thread...lulz...

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #64
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
So throwing the football and having a receiver catch it for a TD is dishonorable?

You know you're old when the forward pass is considered cheating.
did I say that?

I said beating a team that had IIRC and OT playing OC because their first two OCs were out.. Playing without their starting Safety in both games, while I realize next man up is a great..

playing without many starters and not just starters but their studs and then claiming how great we are .. is dishonorable..

I prefer going against their best and if we win great if not then it means LIKE WE ALREADY know we have improvements to be made..

If you want the cheap win fine someday you may feel different..

But as everyone saw with us getting our ass kicked the following games just showed how weak we were..

Feel like you want It does not change my thoughts on the game.. we beat barely a weakened team.. and then lost out on potentially better players because of it..

AGAIN losing a close game to a great team is not gutting wrenching ordeal..

Like it is apparently to a few of you..

If we did not win the Lombardi it was not worth it to me..
Old 10-25-2012, 11:37 AM   #65
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
did I say that?

I said beating a team that had IIRC and OT playing OC because their first two OCs were out.. Playing without their starting Safety in both games, while I realize next man up is a great..

playing without many starters and not just starters but their studs and then claiming how great we are .. is dishonorable..

I prefer going against their best and if we win great if not then it means LIKE WE ALREADY know we have improvements to be made..

But as everyone saw with us getting our ass kicked the following games just showed how weak we were..

Feel like you want It does not change my thoughts on the game.. we beat barely a weakened team.. and then lost out on potentially better players because of it..

You should stop when you are behind.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #66
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
did I say that?

I know your memory might be losing touch with you but I guess you also don't give a **** about the game vs the Oilers in the playoffs to comeback to kick a fieldgoal with our two 4th and long completions on the last drive, The Drive 1 and The Drive 2 against Cleveland. That big win vs the Raiders in 1977? Doesn't mean **** to you Lonestar since we didn't win the Lombardi.

You are one old POS as you would rather take great history away for the sake of not getting the Lombardi. Because a season is a complete waste unless you win the Lombardi from 31 other teams.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #67
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I thought for sure this thread would devolve into a Cutler food fight.
That would have been a good guess. What exactly DID happen to this thread? As the great dortoh would say, "I'm confused"...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #68
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Sorry, I disagree. I may be wrong, but I firmly believe if we don't win that game, don't prove that we have the pieces in place to be a true contender, we don't get Manning. I will take Manning over any pick 2 through 24 in that draft.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #69
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
^^ Dude, you have argued about losing the game to move up a few spots and then tell us we could have had a guard instead of the DL help we needed. Losing in a honorable way is still losing and it makes a huge difference in Broncos fans. We backed into the playoffs and only way to shut up any critics is to beat the tough Steelers....and we did! I don't care about what happened next, it was a step in the right direction. You have no idea what will happen with Wolfe or players we didn't get. You are a negative person. How pathetic that a huge majority here would rank that playoff game in the top 10 or 15 of all time yet you wanted us to lose before the game even started!
Honor in losing to a lesser team? Who in the **** out there in the prediction world had us beating the Steelers? Once we beat them, who knows what happens next even though it was an uphill battle.

You are a pathetic fan. Negative thinking in every way. Find another team please. Your time as a Broncos fan has expired Old Man.

PS: You didnt want to throw the game? As of right now, did you wish we threw the game and erase that great win? Lose now to move up a spot or two?
if you would have read my post instead of dismissing it out of hand we might have had an option on any of the folloing..

15 Seattle Seahawks Bruce Irvin DE West Virginia
16 New York Jets Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
19 Chicago Bears Shea McClellin DE Boise State
21 New England Patriots Chandler Jones DE Syracuse

not just a Guard which most folks wanted to replace beadles with..

your correct we backed into the playoffs and as far as shutting up the critics I guess you saw how long that lasted.. we were a laughing stock of the NFL with Tebow as QB and (I like the kid) but I watch sports from several different cities and they were all laughing at us..

As for Wolfe I think he will be a hell of a player but I also know that several of those listed above will be as effective if not more so and we could have probably waited a few more spots and got him anyway..

as for wanting to lose the game at NO time did I say I wanted to lose.. let me say it again..

LOSING the game it OT to a great team, would not have been the end of the world to me..

As it would have been for many others on here..

tebow was a joke without that TD he would have been
9-20 45% for 236 yards one TD.
red zone 25%
3rd down 30%

sorry as much as I like the kid he was not going to take us to the next level at least not last year..

Frankly I do not care what you think of me.. just giving you the courtesy of a reply..
Old 10-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #70
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
I know your memory might be losing touch with you but I guess you also don't give a **** about the game vs the Oilers in the playoffs to comeback to kick a fieldgoal with our two 4th and long completions on the last drive, The Drive 1 and The Drive 2 against Cleveland. That big win vs the Raiders in 1977? Doesn't mean **** to you Lonestar since we didn't win the Lombardi.

You are one old POS as you would rather take great history away for the sake of not getting the Lombardi. Because a season is a complete waste unless you win the Lombardi from 31 other teams.
once a gain civility is not in your wheel house..

sad for you..
Old 10-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #71
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
I've been watching Broncos probably since before your were born.. Please do not challenge my orange Blood..

While they have been my team since day one and frankly even before that first game. I can appreciate what other teams have accomplished..

While I may not like them because f it It does nto cloud my mind.. I can see how great some players are Urlacker, Troy P. Starting to think that Eli is not Mannings little brother but it also may be the team he has around him..

Rivers was a damned fine QB a few years ago better than anything we had..
While I detested Bree as a charger his play in NOL is HOF worthy..

WOuld I ever wave a yellow flag?

I just am past the petty jealously that most kiddies have, the other team and their players 90% of our fans would have taken Troy P in a heart beat and even if they thought he played dirty they would have pawned off the criticism as other teams being jealous.

Just like when John L was here he had some devastating hits and other fans cried foul, same with Atwater, Smith and a few others Hell even Romo was backed by our fans because of the hits he made.. Until the spitting incident we thought he almost walked on water..

So please do not disparage my fandom with your petty ass remarks..
Point 1.
My parents have been having sex since before I was born, but that doesn't mean they're better at it than me.

Point 2.
I didn't actually make any remarks referring to jealousy. You just made a slew of excuses about why other teams should have beaten the Broncos and/or why the Broncos didn't deserve to win. That's just assinine. If you take up another team's banner over your own, you deserve to be questioned. They actually play the games because anything can happen and often does. Careers and futures sometimes hinge on one play or a single drive. History is full of pivotal events where David beats Goliath, and the victors write the histories.

Point 3.
Your remarks are a combination of fact, mixed with strong (generally volatile) opinions, mixed with angry defense. Be whatever kind of fan you wish to be, its just that most of us (win or lose) will still hold the orange higher than all others. For most of us, that is the very definition of being a fan. Everyone appreciates the greatness of great players, but you might actually be more of a "football fan" than a Broncos fan. I know you will argue this ad nauseum, but your speech indicates otherwise.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #72
menonite

Quote:
once a gain civility is not in your wheel house..

sad for you..
Hypocrite.

Nearly every post you make contains at least one instance of your calling someone a "moron" or "kiddie." And let's not forget your "I'm a REAL fan from DAY ONE!" statements that you repeat ad nauseam.

Last edited by menonite; 10-25-2012 at 12:02 PM..
Old 10-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #73
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

You have argued that if we lost, we get a better pick. How far up were we going and at what cost? You also just said losing in the OT period would not have been bad. That is pretty much wanting to lose to move up in the draft...losing a playoff game to boot!
I don't care how pathetic Tebow's stats were for the game. He was good enough for 3 quarters and then the OT period. We didn't win 7 to 3 and it was all defense. It was a team effort and we won!
Laughing stock after the Pats game? Sure and who were laughing at us? Chargers? CHiefs? Raiders? Maybe trolls but in reality, we did better in the regular season and Chiefs only wish they had a playoff victory.
I stand by my reaction to you. It is the internet and you can fly whatever you want and be more honest about it. I don't think much of your attitude. It painfully sucks and I am embarrassed that you consider yourself a Broncos fan.
Maybe finding a new hobby to work on in your old folks home.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #74
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Hypocrite.

Nearly every post you make contains at least one instance of your calling someone a "moron" or "kiddie." And let's not forget your "I'm a REAL fan from DAY ONE!" statements that you repeat ad nauseam.
Dont forget Tanahan at every opportunity.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #75
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Point 1.
My parents have been having sex since before I was born, but that doesn't mean they're better at it than me.

Point 2.
I didn't actually make any remarks referring to jealousy. You just made a slew of excuses about why other teams should have beaten the Broncos and/or why the Broncos didn't deserve to win. That's just assinine. If you take up another team's banner over your own, you deserve to be questioned. They actually play the games because anything can happen and often does. Careers and futures sometimes hinge on one play or a single drive. History is full of pivotal events where David beats Goliath, and the victors write the histories.

Point 3.
Your remarks are a combination of fact, mixed with strong (generally volatile) opinions, mixed with angry defense. Be whatever kind of fan you wish to be, its just that most of us (win or lose) will still hold the orange higher than all others. For most of us, that is the very definition of being a fan. Everyone appreciates the greatness of great players, but you might actually be more of a "football fan" than a Broncos fan. I know you will argue this ad nauseum, but your speech indicates otherwise.
Bold =

The rest =
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote