The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default NFL peers say Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez are most overrated players in league.

NFL peers say Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez are most overrated players in league

In a Sports Illustrated poll that asked 180 NFL players to identify their most overrated peer, two New York Jets quarterbacks came out on top -- or bottom, depending on how you look at it.

Tim Tebow was pegged as most overrated by a whopping 34 percent of players. The man he backs up, Mark Sanchez, was second with 8% of the vote.

Tebow, I get. You may not have realized, but the media is quite fond of him. (Prints out Tebow picture, puts it in hope chest.) Why is Sanchez on there? Other than Mike Tannenbaum and Woody Johnson, is there anyone in America who overrates him? The only way Sanchez could be overrated is if people think "terrible" is too kind a description. Even Eva Longoria has come to that realization.

Tony Romo (8%), Michael Vick (4%) and Ray Lewis (3%) were the next-highest vote getters and sane choices.

SI says 48 players received a vote as most overrated. That's an average of 1.5 per team, or 1.55 if you assume none was a Cleveland Brown. No one rates anyone on the Browns let alone overrates them.

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
Drunken.Broncoholic

LMAO at 34 percent.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

Unpossible

He is one of the top 100 players....as a backup
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
That's an average of 1.5 per team, or 1.55 if you assume none was a Cleveland Brown. No one rates anyone on the Browns let alone overrates them.
That's gotta sting.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #5
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #6
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

So wait, he was pegged as a top 100 man by NFL players, and then 34% of the players feel he is overrated.
lol

BUT ALL HE DOES IS WIN!!!!!!!!!!
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #7
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Honestly shocked Ray Lewis is on that list.

Quite possibly the best MLB ever.

Ever.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #8
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

How is Tim Tebow overrated? Anytime i hear anyone talking about him they are saying he can't throw the ball etc.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #9
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
How is Tim Tebow overrated? Anytime i hear anyone talking about him they are saying he can't throw the ball etc.
He does have a rabid fanbase. They may be the minority, but they're very vocal. Look no further than the Mane.

Sanchez, however, doesn't. It boggles the mind that he's on that list. Honestly, when was the last time you saw anyone praising his play? Fans, media, whatever. I've asked my Jets fan friends about this and they can't understand it either. There is no debate. He sucks.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #10
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I think there's some jealousy rearing it's ugly head by this vote from his peers. They are basically saying that they think TT gets way too much media for what he's actually producing on the field and they are correct. But they cant say this to the press so they voice it through crap like this.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #11
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

I can see why Sanchez is viewed as overrated by players. Think about all the hype behind USC QBs over the past decade or so, and they have all been average at best.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #12
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I think there's some jealousy rearing it's ugly head by this vote from his peers. They are basically saying that they think TT gets way too much media for what he's actually producing on the field and they are correct. But they cant say this to the press so they voice it through crap like this.
I agree. Honestly, Tebow goes out there and busts his ass. He is a winner in my book. Until I see otherwise, the guy just knows how to win despite his limitations in the passing game. At the end of the day, he does enough to generally win and I am thankful what he did for the broncos. I don't get the trashing of tebow on this board.

If anyone is overrated, it's Romo. Hype, hype and more hype and yet he ****s up more than any other QB not named Cassel. If Romo was on any other team, he would get trashed worse than Flacco. I find it funny that everyone argues "Joe Flacco is not elite" but with that star on his helmet "Romo is elite"

I will take Tebow over Romo anyday. Tebow knows how to win, Romo is knows how to lose. I told my Dallas friends that Romo would never ever win a SB because he doesn't have the focus for it. Last year, they started to come around on what I was saying. Tebow would win a SB as starting QB before Romo ever sniffed the SB.

Overrated = Romo. Much more than the 8% vote he got.

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 10-25-2012 at 10:00 AM..
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #13
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin View Post

Ever.
Agree. That is straight up haters vote. Urlacher would be the LB I could see on this list
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #14
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin View Post

Ever.
While I would have loved to have him in DEN does anyone really think behind our DL's over the past decade, (excluding this years and maybe part of last years..) he would have been THE Ray Lewis we know today?
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #15
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Exactly. The Tebow story was amplified 1000x by a large chunk of the experts saying he had no chance in the NFL.

People cheer for underdogs. That was the long and short of the media frenzy. Anyone filing that story line under "overrated" has an English-language problem. But I guess if you're sampling the average NFL player, that's probably not surprising.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #16
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

I've got 8 wins and some retarded **** that says Tim isn't overrated.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #17
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
I agree. Honestly, Tebow goes out there and busts his ass. He is a winner in my book. Until I see otherwise, the guy just knows how to win despite his limitations in the passing game. At the end of the day, he does enough to generally win and I am thankful what he did for the broncos. I don't get the trashing of tebow on this board.

If anyone is overrated, it's Romo. Hype, hype and more hype and yet he ****s up more than any other QB not named Cassel. If Romo was on any other team, he would get trashed worse than Flacco. I find it funny that everyone argues "Joe Flacco is not elite" but with that star on his helmet "Romo is elite"

I will take Tebow over Romo anyday. Tebow knows how to win, Romo is knows how to lose. I told my Dallas friends that Romo would never ever win a SB because he doesn't have the focus for it. Last year, they started to come around on what I was saying. Tebow would win a SB as starting QB before Romo ever sniffed the SB.

Overrated = Romo. Much more than the 8% vote he got.
No one trashes or at least i don't trash Tebow personally, i think he's a great person and great role model. He is very likable. Which is why he gets so much attention. He is good for a few trick plays in the wildcat and punt formations and opening up the run game when he's at QB. Teams are not scared he is going to shread them with his arm though. Despite training with a few QB coaches, there is little improvement as far as him throwing the ball. He would need the 2000 Ravens D, TD in his prime and Devin Hester in the return game for him to ever win a SB or even get there. Its to bad because he is such a great person.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #18
Drunken.Broncoholic

To be overrated you have to be reviewed in the public eye as being way too good. In Tebows case most know hes not good at his position. So "overrated" doesn't make sense. Overhyped is the better term.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #19
menonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
No one trashes or at least i don't trash Tebow personally, i think he's a great person and great role model. He is very likable. Which is why he gets so much attention. He is good for a few trick plays in the wildcat and punt formations and opening up the run game when he's at QB. Teams are not scared he is going to shread them with his arm though. Despite training with a few QB coaches, there is little improvement as far as him throwing the ball. He would need the 2000 Ravens D, TD in his prime and Devin Hester in the return game for him to ever win a SB or even get there. Its to bad because he is such a great person.

He's a fat chick with an awesome personality. The only time you would even consider it is if you're desperate and your only other option is a chick with a neckbeard
Old 10-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #20
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

OK?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #21
menonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
OK?

Where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain? And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet, when the wind comes right behind the rain?

yep.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #22
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
Where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain? And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet, when the wind comes right behind the rain?

yep.

Indeed.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #23
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

I love how the overrated players are the players everyone is always saying sucks.

Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #24
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

I'm not surprised players think Timmy is overrated. He's just not very good.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #25
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

The problem with this poll?

Tim Tebow has no peers....
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote