The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,740

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default NFL peers say Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez are most overrated players in league.

NFL peers say Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez are most overrated players in league

In a Sports Illustrated poll that asked 180 NFL players to identify their most overrated peer, two New York Jets quarterbacks came out on top -- or bottom, depending on how you look at it.

Tim Tebow was pegged as most overrated by a whopping 34 percent of players. The man he backs up, Mark Sanchez, was second with 8% of the vote.

Tebow, I get. You may not have realized, but the media is quite fond of him. (Prints out Tebow picture, puts it in hope chest.) Why is Sanchez on there? Other than Mike Tannenbaum and Woody Johnson, is there anyone in America who overrates him? The only way Sanchez could be overrated is if people think "terrible" is too kind a description. Even Eva Longoria has come to that realization.

Tony Romo (8%), Michael Vick (4%) and Ray Lewis (3%) were the next-highest vote getters and sane choices.

SI says 48 players received a vote as most overrated. That's an average of 1.5 per team, or 1.55 if you assume none was a Cleveland Brown. No one rates anyone on the Browns let alone overrates them.






Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

LMAO at 34 percent.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Shabby, not too

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,472
Default

Unpossible

He is one of the top 100 players....as a backup
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,025

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
That's an average of 1.5 per team, or 1.55 if you assume none was a Cleveland Brown. No one rates anyone on the Browns let alone overrates them.
That's gotta sting.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #5
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,595
Default

In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #6
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,473
Default

So wait, he was pegged as a top 100 man by NFL players, and then 34% of the players feel he is overrated.
lol

BUT ALL HE DOES IS WIN!!!!!!!!!!
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #7
Smilin Assassin
Tradition
 
Smilin Assassin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,884
Default

Honestly shocked Ray Lewis is on that list.

Quite possibly the best MLB ever.

Ever.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #8
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,069

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

How is Tim Tebow overrated? Anytime i hear anyone talking about him they are saying he can't throw the ball etc.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #9
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,025

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
How is Tim Tebow overrated? Anytime i hear anyone talking about him they are saying he can't throw the ball etc.
He does have a rabid fanbase. They may be the minority, but they're very vocal. Look no further than the Mane.

Sanchez, however, doesn't. It boggles the mind that he's on that list. Honestly, when was the last time you saw anyone praising his play? Fans, media, whatever. I've asked my Jets fan friends about this and they can't understand it either. There is no debate. He sucks.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #10
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,875

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

I think there's some jealousy rearing it's ugly head by this vote from his peers. They are basically saying that they think TT gets way too much media for what he's actually producing on the field and they are correct. But they cant say this to the press so they voice it through crap like this.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #11
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer
 
BigPlayShay's Avatar
 
Novaking

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,451

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut
Default

I can see why Sanchez is viewed as overrated by players. Think about all the hype behind USC QBs over the past decade or so, and they have all been average at best.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #12
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I think there's some jealousy rearing it's ugly head by this vote from his peers. They are basically saying that they think TT gets way too much media for what he's actually producing on the field and they are correct. But they cant say this to the press so they voice it through crap like this.
I agree. Honestly, Tebow goes out there and busts his ass. He is a winner in my book. Until I see otherwise, the guy just knows how to win despite his limitations in the passing game. At the end of the day, he does enough to generally win and I am thankful what he did for the broncos. I don't get the trashing of tebow on this board.

If anyone is overrated, it's Romo. Hype, hype and more hype and yet he ****s up more than any other QB not named Cassel. If Romo was on any other team, he would get trashed worse than Flacco. I find it funny that everyone argues "Joe Flacco is not elite" but with that star on his helmet "Romo is elite"

I will take Tebow over Romo anyday. Tebow knows how to win, Romo is knows how to lose. I told my Dallas friends that Romo would never ever win a SB because he doesn't have the focus for it. Last year, they started to come around on what I was saying. Tebow would win a SB as starting QB before Romo ever sniffed the SB.

Overrated = Romo. Much more than the 8% vote he got.

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 10-25-2012 at 10:00 AM..
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #13
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,197

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
Honestly shocked Ray Lewis is on that list.

Quite possibly the best MLB ever.

Ever.
Agree. That is straight up haters vote. Urlacher would be the LB I could see on this list
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #14
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
Honestly shocked Ray Lewis is on that list.

Quite possibly the best MLB ever.

Ever.
While I would have loved to have him in DEN does anyone really think behind our DL's over the past decade, (excluding this years and maybe part of last years..) he would have been THE Ray Lewis we know today?
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #15
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I think there's some jealousy rearing it's ugly head by this vote from his peers. They are basically saying that they think TT gets way too much media for what he's actually producing on the field and they are correct. But they cant say this to the press so they voice it through crap like this.
Exactly. The Tebow story was amplified 1000x by a large chunk of the experts saying he had no chance in the NFL.

People cheer for underdogs. That was the long and short of the media frenzy. Anyone filing that story line under "overrated" has an English-language problem. But I guess if you're sampling the average NFL player, that's probably not surprising.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #16
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,752

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

I've got 8 wins and some retarded **** that says Tim isn't overrated.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #17
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,069

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
I agree. Honestly, Tebow goes out there and busts his ass. He is a winner in my book. Until I see otherwise, the guy just knows how to win despite his limitations in the passing game. At the end of the day, he does enough to generally win and I am thankful what he did for the broncos. I don't get the trashing of tebow on this board.

If anyone is overrated, it's Romo. Hype, hype and more hype and yet he ****s up more than any other QB not named Cassel. If Romo was on any other team, he would get trashed worse than Flacco. I find it funny that everyone argues "Joe Flacco is not elite" but with that star on his helmet "Romo is elite"

I will take Tebow over Romo anyday. Tebow knows how to win, Romo is knows how to lose. I told my Dallas friends that Romo would never ever win a SB because he doesn't have the focus for it. Last year, they started to come around on what I was saying. Tebow would win a SB as starting QB before Romo ever sniffed the SB.

Overrated = Romo. Much more than the 8% vote he got.
No one trashes or at least i don't trash Tebow personally, i think he's a great person and great role model. He is very likable. Which is why he gets so much attention. He is good for a few trick plays in the wildcat and punt formations and opening up the run game when he's at QB. Teams are not scared he is going to shread them with his arm though. Despite training with a few QB coaches, there is little improvement as far as him throwing the ball. He would need the 2000 Ravens D, TD in his prime and Devin Hester in the return game for him to ever win a SB or even get there. Its to bad because he is such a great person.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #18
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

To be overrated you have to be reviewed in the public eye as being way too good. In Tebows case most know hes not good at his position. So "overrated" doesn't make sense. Overhyped is the better term.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #19
menonite
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
No one trashes or at least i don't trash Tebow personally, i think he's a great person and great role model. He is very likable. Which is why he gets so much attention. He is good for a few trick plays in the wildcat and punt formations and opening up the run game when he's at QB. Teams are not scared he is going to shread them with his arm though. Despite training with a few QB coaches, there is little improvement as far as him throwing the ball. He would need the 2000 Ravens D, TD in his prime and Devin Hester in the return game for him to ever win a SB or even get there. Its to bad because he is such a great person.

He's a fat chick with an awesome personality. The only time you would even consider it is if you're desperate and your only other option is a chick with a neckbeard
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #20
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,442
Default

OK?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #21
menonite
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
OK?

Where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain? And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet, when the wind comes right behind the rain?


yep.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #22
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
Where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain? And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet, when the wind comes right behind the rain?


yep.

Indeed.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #23
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,287

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

I love how the overrated players are the players everyone is always saying sucks.

Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #24
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,486
Default

I'm not surprised players think Timmy is overrated. He's just not very good.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #25
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,704

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

The problem with this poll?

Tim Tebow has no peers....
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:41 AM.


Denver Broncos