The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #10
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Too finally get a division title and then wipe away any talk of "backing into the playoffs" by winning against the Steelers brings back the hope fans have been waiting since 2005. To take that away for a POSSIBLE upgraded draft pick is beyond retarded. I bet you were one of the few that wanted us to lose to the Vikings at the end of the 2007 season to finish 7-9 (below .500 for the first time in years) just to move up a few spots. BTW, our pick, Ryan Clady, seems to have worked out just fine. You wanted us to lose that playoff game? ****ing loser!
IMO losing a good hard fought game when there is NO CHANCE of moving on in the playoffs, is not a bad thing..

As far as wanting to lose while Tanahan was here to move up in the draft well I think NOT..

did not matter where that schmuck DAFTED with only a few exceptions were they worth a crap..

Have I mentioned that during his tenure we only resigned 13% or 6 0f 41 of his rounds 1-3 picks.. Yes I have and you know it..

So the odds of getting a better player while he was in town well I was not holding my breath..

Now last year is a different story we finally had someone that did not have his head up his ass on draft day, John so far has done a masterful job of getting talent where we needed it.. (save perhaps Mays) but certainly no where near Tanahans 13%.

Had we lost to PIT in OT by a FG or even a TD would not have been anything to hang our heads about.. year one into a 3-4 rebuild with Tebow as QB. Most folks would have rejoiced.. and instead of trading back we would have had options on the following..
Code:
13 	Arizona Cardinals 	Michael Floyd 	WR 	Notre Dame
14 	St. Louis Rams 	Michael Brockers 	DT 	LSU
15 	Seattle Seahawks 	Bruce Irvin 	DE 	West Virginia
16 	New York Jets 	Quinton Coples 	DE 	North Carolina
17 	Cincinnati Bengals 	Dre Kirkpatrick 	CB 	Alabama
18 	San Diego Chargers 	Melvin Ingram 	LB 	South Carolina
19 	Chicago Bears 	Shea McClellin 	DE 	Boise State
20 	Tennessee Titans 	Kendall Wright 	WR 	Baylor
21 	New England Patriots 	Chandler Jones 	DE 	Syracuse
22 	Cleveland Browns 	Brandon Weeden 	QB 	Oklahoma State
23 	Detroit Lions 	Riley Reiff 	T 	Iowa
24 	Pittsburgh Steelers 	David DeCastro 	G 	Stanford
See anyone on that list you might have wanted more than

Code:
2 	36 	Derek Wolfe 	DT 	Cincinnati
2 	57 	Brock Osweiler 	QB 	Arizona State
3 	67 	Ronnie Hillman 	RB 	San Diego State
4 	101 	Omar Bolden 	CB 	Arizona State
4 	108 	Philip Blake 	C 	Baylor
I've been watching this stuff for decades and KNOW the long haul is the only way to go and the quickie stuff that Tanahan did only dug the hole deeper..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote