The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 06:15 AM   #26
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Actually it is 18-10-1 as I just saw it..

I discount the last two "wins" although they are wins neither time did PIT bring their stud starters to town.. their "other" starting safety played in neither game due to sickle cell issues at altitude..

nor did many of their other stars play IIRC in both games they were down to almost playing TE's on the online..

Call me a purest but hollow victories over beat up teams does not show me much.. BUT, yes it is a win..

Please tell me you would not have liked to have Troy P playing in DEN all these years, other than some of the other skells we have had.. I discount that by saying John L and B dawkins are not considered on the Skell list.. but even then they were rentals and not nearly in their prime..
Then profootballreference.com needs to update their head-to-head page (http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ad-to-head.htm) 'cause that's where my numbers came from.

Wins are wins regardless of whether or not "you" discount them. Our playoff losses vs Indy still counted even though future HOF'er Champ Bailey was sidelined by injuries. It would have been nice to have him on the field instead of Roc Alexander but there are no "asterisks" in the record book; injuries are a part of the game and sometimes it comes down to the quality (or lack thereof) of a team's backups.

And I still maintain that 2-5 vs Denver in Polamalu's career does not constitute "kicking our ass over the years". Polamalu's a stud player and this is not a diss on him.... but the fact is his team has lost more games against us than they've won.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:18 AM   #27
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Richard III was a field guide.

Quote:
Sure you do not..

we beat them twice lately, once on a fluke play for 80 yards.. BFD..

I have to disagree with you here. To me, a fluke play was Orton bouncing a pass off Marshall to have it land in Stokely's hands who then runs it in for a long touchdown in the closing seconds of the Bengals opener in '09. Thomas beating his man on a simple post pattern and then getting loose because there was no safety help over the top as the Steelers were selling out to stop the run isn't a fluke. It was just a team getting burned for playing a high risk/ high reward defensive alignment.

Last edited by v2micca; 10-25-2012 at 06:20 AM..
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:21 AM   #28
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

On my "least liked" list of players, Phyllis Rivers tops the list. Followed by Tom Brady.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #29
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Surprising that neither Ray-Ray nor Rapistberger on the list.
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:11 AM   #30
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
list is obviously wrong, tebow isn't on both (or, uhhh, either)

I was thinking he would make one of the lists, too. I think at this time last year, he woulda. I think it's just an indicator that he is bright shiny object that attracts the attention of the public for a while. Than when he cant produce enough to even get on the field his stances, his declarations, and his college success become yesterday's news. As they say, he got his 15 minutes of fame.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:12 AM   #31
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Kyle orton in the top 10 of the hated list? I figured I was the only one
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #32
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Kyle orton in the top 10 of the hated list? I figured I was the only one
I think the appearance of both Orton and Quinn on top 10 disliked list is an instance of the Little Known Tebow Effect.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #33
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
On my "least liked" list of players, Phyllis Rivers tops the list. Followed by Tom Brady.

On mine as well.

Phyllis Rivers is the most annoying prick in the league. Forget just Broncos fans hate for the guy, he is the biggest b**** in the league. His constant chirping and then whining to refs makes him easily the most least liked guy IMO
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #34
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
just shut up already.
Not going to happen.

So you have two options do not be rude with your juvenile responses. Mr tuff guy.

Or put me on IGGY.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #35
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
I have to disagree with you here. To me, a fluke play was Orton bouncing a pass off Marshall to have it land in Stokely's hands who then runs it in for a long touchdown in the closing seconds of the Bengals opener in '09. Thomas beating his man on a simple post pattern and then getting loose because there was no safety help over the top as the Steelers were selling out to stop the run isn't a fluke. It was just a team getting burned for playing a high risk/ high reward defensive alignment.
As for Orion's play IMO no differs than tebow being able to get the ball to DT. Now DT did make a hell of a run.

But no one and that includes 98% of the wunderkins on here saw that coming.

Still missing as many starters as they were IMO still is the main reason for the loss IMO had they been there as well as all of ours, the game would not have been tied at end if regulation. I think most would have agreed with that premise.

At least anyone that is not a total homer. Anyone think that not having their starting safety for any games in DEN might have been the reason they DT pass was caught.

While a great moral victory that was all it was. As the next week once again we got our ass kicked.

So rah rah all you want all it did IMO was cost us 8 draft spots.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #36
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

Quote:
no more or less than Atwater did..

He plays with a passion..

Had he been on DEN team would you still feel that way?
No more or less than Atwater?!?! GTFO. Thats one of the more ridiculous things ive ever read here.

If you said DS49 that would make more sense...Polamalu has been dirty since the usc vs. Kansas State bowl game.

Atwater dirty..... lol
Ironlung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #37
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Wow three of our last four QB's were on that least liked list including Brady Quinn but I can't remember if he started a game or not.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #38
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Quote:
As for Orion's play IMO no differs than tebow being able to get the ball to DT. Now DT did make a hell of a run.
Why? It was not a difficult pass. Straight down the field 20 yards, just aim for the large 6'3" 230 lb reciever. Any quarterback in the league, including Tebow, completes that pass more often than not.

Quote:
But no one and that includes 98% of the wunderkins on here saw that coming

Considering the number of posters I remember screaming for play action prior to the snap, I'm going to doubt the accuracy of that number.

Quote:
Still missing as many starters as they were IMO still is the main reason for the loss IMO had they been there as well as all of ours, the game would not have been tied at end if regulation. I think most would have agreed with that premise.
Most will agree it would have been a different game. That is all I will concede as outside a quantum state reality matrix there is no way to prove that the outcome would have significantly favored Broncos or the Steelers.

Quote:
At least anyone that is not a total homer. Anyone think that not having their starting safety for any games in DEN might have been the reason they DT pass was caught.
Considering the fact that their starting safety also would have been crowding the box instead of playing the pass on that snap.....not so much.

Quote:
While a great moral victory that was all it was. As the next week once again we got our ass kicked.

So rah rah all you want all it did IMO was cost us 8 draft spots.
Try one draft spot. Pittsburg got 24 and we had 25, which we later traded. And I will take Play-off Wins over draft position any day of the week.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #39
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Troy Polomalu, as #1 most liked? It must be the hair. He DOES have a reputation for dirty play.

Phillip Rivers HAS to be on the most-hated list. It's no wonder that Cutler and Rivers didn't like each other. They act very similar. I'm not sure why Orton is on that list, though. They must have talked to a lot of Broncos fans. Nobody else hates Orton. In fact, some Chiefs fans wish they had Orton back...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #40
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

I'd love to see the results of a confidential poll conducted among the players.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #41
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Sure you do not..

we beat them twice lately, once on a fluke play for 80 yards.. BFD..
this year first game we got lucky.. without a good many of their starters, BTW same applied to the the playoff game..

this last one..
Why you try to get on nerves like go_broncos is beyond me. Maybe it is your obvious old age but calling Tebow's throw to DT a "fluke" play shows much retardness in your bones. Figure out a fluke play first before calling that play action (which all fans asked for since the 1st quarter) pass a fluke. Steelers thought we would run it on first down like we did so many times in a row. You want fluke? Try McCaffrey's catch for the game winning TD vs Minnesota around 1998. That thing bouncing off two defenders to land in his arms at the 1 yardline and fall into the endzone spells a fluke.

Nice hatred when you make **** up.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #42
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
Why? It was not a difficult pass. Straight down the field 20 yards, just aim for the large 6'3" 230 lb reciever. Any quarterback in the league, including Tebow, completes that pass more often than not.

Considering the number of posters I remember screaming for play action prior to the snap, I'm going to doubt the accuracy of that number.

Most will agree it would have been a different game. That is all I will concede as outside a quantum state reality matrix there is no way to prove that the outcome would have significantly favored Broncos or the Steelers.

Considering the fact that their starting safety also would have been crowding the box instead of playing the pass on that snap.....not so much.

Try one draft spot. Pittsburg got 24 and we had 25, which we later traded. And I will take Play-off Wins over draft position any day of the week.
any QB including TEBOW completes that pass Shirley you jest.. While I really like Tebow his passing is at best, at very best limited..

as for the play action commentary I do not get involved in game day threads.. But I also suspect they in their wildest dreams did not envision what happened..

I doubt seriously that the safety would have been crowding the box, even had he been had much better instincts and recovery than the replacement..

NO we would have drafted in the high teens IIRC 13-20 as we were tired with loads of folks at 8-8
Code:
 Arizona Cardinals 	NFC 	NCW 	8 	8 	0 	.500 	312 	348 	-36 	37 	6-2 	2-6 	4-2 	.667 	7-5 	.583 	1-3 	1W 	4-1
Chicago Bears 	NFC 	NCN 	8 	8 	0 	.500 	353 	341 	12 	38 	5-3 	3-5 	3-3 	.500 	7-5 	.583 	1-3 	1W 	1-4
Dallas Cowboys 	NFC 	NCE 	8 	8 	0 	.500 	369 	347 	22 	39 	5-3 	3-5 	2-4 	.333 	6-6 	.500 	2-2 	2L 	1-4
z- Denver Broncos 	AFC 	ACW 	8 	8 	0 	.500 	309 	390 	-81 	36 	3-5 	5-3 	3-3 	.500 	6-6 	.500 	2-2 	3L 	2-3
New York Jets 	AFC 	ACE 	8 	8 	0 	.500 	377 	363 	14 	45 	6-2 	2-6 	3-3 	.500 	6-6 	.500 	2-2 	3L 	2-3
Oakland Raiders 	AFC 	ACW 	8 	8 	0 	.500 	359 	433 	-74 	38 	3-5 	5-3 	3-3 	.500 	6-6 	.500 	2-2 	1L 	1-4
Philadelphia Eagles 	NFC 	NCE 	8 	8 	0 	.500 	396 	328 	68 	46 	3-5 	5-3 	5-1 	.833 	6-6 	.500 	2-2 	4W 	4-1
San Diego Chargers 	AFC 	ACW 	8 	8 	0 	.500 	406 	377 	29 	46 	5-3 	3-5 	3-3 	.500 	7-5 	.583 	1-3 	1W 	4-1
we would have been in this grouping somewhere depending on tie breakers as well as coin flips..
Old 10-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #43
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
just shut up already.
Seriously. He's going to break out his yellow towel any time now...
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #44
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
any QB including TEBOW completes that pass Shirley you jest.. While I really like Tebow his passing is at best, at very best limited..

as for the play action commentary I do not get involved in game day threads.. But I also suspect they in their wildest dreams did not envision what happened..

I doubt seriously that the safety would have been crowding the box, even had he been had much better instincts and recovery than the replacement..

NO we would have drafted in the high teens IIRC 13-20 as we were tired with loads of folks at 8-8
Code:
 Arizona Cardinals 	NFC 	NCW 	8 	8 	0 	.500 	312 	348 	-36 	37 	6-2 	2-6 	4-2 	.667 	7-5 	.583 	1-3 	1W 	4-1
Chicago Bears 	NFC 	NCN 	8 	8 	0 	.500 	353 	341 	12 	38 	5-3 	3-5 	3-3 	.500 	7-5 	.583 	1-3 	1W 	1-4
Dallas Cowboys 	NFC 	NCE 	8 	8 	0 	.500 	369 	347 	22 	39 	5-3 	3-5 	2-4 	.333 	6-6 	.500 	2-2 	2L 	1-4
z- Denver Broncos 	AFC 	ACW 	8 	8 	0 	.500 	309 	390 	-81 	36 	3-5 	5-3 	3-3 	.500 	6-6 	.500 	2-2 	3L 	2-3
New York Jets 	AFC 	ACE 	8 	8 	0 	.500 	377 	363 	14 	45 	6-2 	2-6 	3-3 	.500 	6-6 	.500 	2-2 	3L 	2-3
Oakland Raiders 	AFC 	ACW 	8 	8 	0 	.500 	359 	433 	-74 	38 	3-5 	5-3 	3-3 	.500 	6-6 	.500 	2-2 	1L 	1-4
Philadelphia Eagles 	NFC 	NCE 	8 	8 	0 	.500 	396 	328 	68 	46 	3-5 	5-3 	5-1 	.833 	6-6 	.500 	2-2 	4W 	4-1
San Diego Chargers 	AFC 	ACW 	8 	8 	0 	.500 	406 	377 	29 	46 	5-3 	3-5 	3-3 	.500 	7-5 	.583 	1-3 	1W 	4-1
we would have been in this grouping somewhere depending on tie breakers as well as coin flips..

Too finally get a division title and then wipe away any talk of "backing into the playoffs" by winning against the Steelers brings back the hope fans have been waiting since 2005. To take that away for a POSSIBLE upgraded draft pick is beyond retarded. I bet you were one of the few that wanted us to lose to the Vikings at the end of the 2007 season to finish 7-9 (below .500 for the first time in years) just to move up a few spots. BTW, our pick, Ryan Clady, seems to have worked out just fine. You wanted us to lose that playoff game? ****ing loser!
Old 10-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #45
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

I thought for sure this thread would devolve into a Cutler food fight.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #46
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Seriously. He's going to break out his yellow towel any time now...
I've been watching Broncos probably since before your were born.. Please do not challenge my orange Blood..

While they have been my team since day one and frankly even before that first game. I can appreciate what other teams have accomplished..

While I may not like them because f it It does nto cloud my mind.. I can see how great some players are Urlacker, Troy P. Starting to think that Eli is not Mannings little brother but it also may be the team he has around him..

Rivers was a damned fine QB a few years ago better than anything we had..
While I detested Bree as a charger his play in NOL is HOF worthy..

WOuld I ever wave a yellow flag?

I just am past the petty jealously that most kiddies have, the other team and their players 90% of our fans would have taken Troy P in a heart beat and even if they thought he played dirty they would have pawned off the criticism as other teams being jealous.

Just like when John L was here he had some devastating hits and other fans cried foul, same with Atwater, Smith and a few others Hell even Romo was backed by our fans because of the hits he made.. Until the spitting incident we thought he almost walked on water..

So please do not disparage my fandom with your petty ass remarks..
Old 10-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #47
menonite

Quote:
any QB including TEBOW completes that pass Shirley you jest...
...so Tebow didn't make that throw?
Old 10-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #48
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

^The problem is your negativity towards legit wins. Discounting last year's playoff win as a "fluke" shows how you hated this team because of the QB. Then to top it off that you wanted us to lose against the Steelers for a higher draft pick is beyond retarded. Appreciating other players from non-Broncos teams does show maturity but what I describe still doesn't change the attitude retardness you have as one of your traits.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #49
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yes, it is. He can't throw the quick out. He nose dives curls. He struggles with the short to intermediate throws. But he can drop the deep seems. Especially one as easy as the DT touchdown play.

Quote:
Dude, Ryan Clark is not some all pro instinctive safety. He's a good player, better than his backup. But he would have been in the box on that play because that was the defensive call. And no, Ryan doesn't have the speed to run down Thomas once he broke free.

Quote:
Code:
Ahem, From the NFL rulebook,

For the teams that did not make the playoffs, order is determined by overall season record, with the worst record picking first.
For the teams that made the playoffs, the rest of the picks are ordered by playoff record, with the teams that lose getting lower picks based on which round they were ousted and the Super Bowl winner getting the last pick.

I repeat. Beating Pittsburg cost us one draft position. And if a Play-off win is not worth one draft position to you, then we have no need to continue this conversation.

Last edited by v2micca; 10-25-2012 at 11:42 AM..
Old 10-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #50
menonite

Other than go_broncos, lonestar really is the worst poster here. At least go_broncos can spell.