The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2012, 06:15 AM   #9
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Actually it is 18-10-1 as I just saw it..

I discount the last two "wins" although they are wins neither time did PIT bring their stud starters to town.. their "other" starting safety played in neither game due to sickle cell issues at altitude..

nor did many of their other stars play IIRC in both games they were down to almost playing TE's on the online..

Call me a purest but hollow victories over beat up teams does not show me much.. BUT, yes it is a win..

Please tell me you would not have liked to have Troy P playing in DEN all these years, other than some of the other skells we have had.. I discount that by saying John L and B dawkins are not considered on the Skell list.. but even then they were rentals and not nearly in their prime..
Then profootballreference.com needs to update their head-to-head page (http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ad-to-head.htm) 'cause that's where my numbers came from.

Wins are wins regardless of whether or not "you" discount them. Our playoff losses vs Indy still counted even though future HOF'er Champ Bailey was sidelined by injuries. It would have been nice to have him on the field instead of Roc Alexander but there are no "asterisks" in the record book; injuries are a part of the game and sometimes it comes down to the quality (or lack thereof) of a team's backups.

And I still maintain that 2-5 vs Denver in Polamalu's career does not constitute "kicking our ass over the years". Polamalu's a stud player and this is not a diss on him.... but the fact is his team has lost more games against us than they've won.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote