The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time
Default Three interesting ways Big Oil spends its profits:

1) $105 Million On Lobbying. Another $50 million is spent on contributions to politicians, 90% of which go to Republicans.

2) Misinformation campaigns, including over $150 million on TV ads promoting fossil fuel interests, particularly oil and coal.

3) Campaigns against clean energy. Contributions to Americans for Prosperity and the American Energy Alliance - both of which are working hard to defeat wind energy tax subsidies. (Wind could be a major competitor to fossil fuels, listen to this Science Friday podcast)

This is why we have the most anti-environment House of Representatives in history.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/201...-clean-energy/
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Well yeah. We're probably 20 years behind on Hybrid technology because they buy the rights to all the extremely efficient technology and scrap it.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:47 AM   #3
schaaf

Haha bash on big oil companies all you want, but try to go a day without petroleum products. They have you bent over a barrel.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:00 AM   #4
Meck77

Good to know Blart doesn't support big oil and walks everywhere he goes.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:52 AM   #5
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

^

Wow - more brilliant, well-thought-out "rebuttals" from the right-wing brain trust.

Notice how they employ here the same species of straw man they invoke when people complain about those instances in which the economic playing field is tilted in favor of the plutocrats?

"You just hate rich people!" (Or, in this case, oil companies.)
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:54 AM   #6
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
Haha bash on big oil companies all you want, but try to go a day without petroleum products. They have you bent over a barrel.
So, your argument boils down to the following:

We use petroleum products.

Therefore, oil companies should be allowed to do anything they want.

Schaaf is a rocket scientist......said no one ever.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:30 AM   #7
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Old 10-25-2012, 06:38 AM   #8
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post

You sound mad. Why are you mad? It's 5 a.m. or whatever where you live, how can you be mad yet?
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:49 AM   #9
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

This is what I was laughing about during the debates. Romney kept trying to sell himself as the guy who is going to get the oil companies pumping again, as if Obama is holding them back. I kept expecting Obama to say, "Since when can the government order companies to engage in activities they do not find economically beneficial for them?" I was thinking, does the Right now advocate government having the power to force companies to do their will?

Here's reality:

Oil companies have failed to explore, develop or produce these leases while simultaneously calling on Congress and the Interior Department to lease more federal offshore lands. This issue, which has been hotly debated in recent years, came up in last Tuesday’s presidential debate when Republican nominee Mitt Romney wrongly accused President Obama of curtailing oil and gas drilling off America’s coasts and on public land. In fact, oil and gas production from public lands is higher than it was during the last three years of the George W. Bush administration, and the Obama administration is trying to further boost production through “use it or lose it” policies for idle federal drilling leases. Oil and gas companies are currently not using 72 percent of the total acres leased offshore and 56 percent of the total acres leased onshore.
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/201...unused-leases/
----------------

Romney’s complaints about permits imply that the number of drilling permits is the best measure of oil production from federal lands and waters – but they are not. The best measure is the amount of oil produced from these places. The Energy Information Administration reports that there was more oil produced from federal places in every year under President Obama compared to each of the last three years under President Bush. Total oil production from these places during these two time periods was 240 million barrels of oil higher under Obama than under Bush.

In other words, you can open up all the leases you want, it doesn't mean the oil companies are going to drill them. And you can open Keystone and get that going too. You know what it will do? Nothing. Except create more profit for oil companies. You'll never see the smallest change in the price at the pump because of Keystone. And the jobs will be temporary, at best. Here's another oil company boondoggle:

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democ.../oil_royalties

To put it bluntly, once again, Romney is lying through his teeth, and he knows it.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #10
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
You sound mad. Why are you mad? It's 5 a.m. or whatever where you live, how can you be mad yet?
you be mad too if you lived in dirty crime ridden liberal smoggy 90% of the time LA and not Colorado.
we shouldnt be mad at LABF but take pity on the poor soul he sees evil mean republicans conservatives in his sleep, he has to carry his Obama doll around to give him comfort. so sad living in LA home of the LA riots smog ,traffic jams, Gang bangers and earthquakes that city is one big giant earthquake away from being reduced to rubble.
i for one feel sorry for the poor angry man.
well not that angry poor guy PITY HIM not get ANGRY at him just pat him on the head and say it be ok romney wont send you to interment camps
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:40 AM   #11
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

huh....nope. Hookers and Blow are for more interesting expenses

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #12
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
you be mad too if you lived in dirty crime ridden liberal smoggy 90% of the time LA and not Colorado.
Riiiiiiiight, Bubba.

All I can think about when I'm enjoying some world-class cultural opportunity or other is how much I'd rather be sitting in some backwater listening to you and The People of Wal-Mart expound on the differences in piles of horse dung.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #13
schaaf

Quote:

No, what I'm saying is every big industry in America has pretty much all of those characteristics. I'm just not going to try to bring these oil companies to the ground when if they wanted they could all leave the border and find oil just as easily all over the world without a lot of the restrictions they currently have. And this is someone that has worked hand in hand in the heart of the Bakken
Old 10-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #14
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Just wait till they find out how to effectively process oil shale into oil...

...you guys know that 45% of our corn yield goes to ethanol production also.

Energy is big business and it's your daily demand for it that has caused it to be such. We use 18 times more energy than any other country. Don't blame the rich for solving the problems you might be too busy to approach.

Last edited by Vegas_Bronco; 10-26-2012 at 11:08 PM..
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:16 PM   #15
Jetland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
we shouldnt be mad at LABF but take pity on the poor soul he sees evil mean republicans conservatives in his sleep, he has to carry his Obama doll around to give him comfort. so sad living in LA home of the LA riots smog ,traffic jams, Gang bangers and earthquakes that city is one big giant earthquake away from being reduced to rubble.
i for one feel sorry for the poor angry man.
well not that angry poor guy PITY HIM not get ANGRY at him just pat him on the head and say it be ok romney wont send you to interment camps
nothing you say makes sense
I really need an answer here is this person a character account of some sort?
because if he is not we need to call someone to get him help
Old 10-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #16
Meck77

Quote:
^

Wow - more brilliant, well-thought-out "rebuttals" from the right-wing brain trust.

Notice how they employ here the same species of straw man they invoke when people complain about those instances in which the economic playing field is tilted in favor of the plutocrats?

"You just hate rich people!" (Or, in this case, oil companies.)
Personal responsibility is foreign to you. Always someone else to blame for your personal problems. Couldn't imagine living like that.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:27 AM   #17
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Imagine if we had access to our own oil and did not need to do business with the ME. One bets the oil and gas prices would drop to record amounts.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #18
Bronco Bob
Tastee Freeze

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Imagine if we had access to our own oil and did not need to do business with the ME. One bets the oil and gas prices would drop to record amounts.
Why, when the oil companies can make more money exporting American oil to China. I doubt the price would drop by a nickel.
Bronco Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #19
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Personal responsibility is foreign to you. Always someone else to blame for your personal problems. Couldn't imagine living like that.
Riiiiiiiiight - because the oil companies you defend never do anything wrong.

It's always just a case of me "blaming them for my personal problems."

What a genius argument.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #20
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
"Access to our own oil?"

How about starting with access to our own refineries?

The companies to which you pledge your blind allegiance have a history of deliberately limiting refining capacity in order to create shortages/drive prices up.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #21
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Oil companies should invest in scam solar panel companies like Abound
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #22
Meck77

Quote:
Riiiiiiiiight - because the oil companies you defend never do anything wrong.

It's always just a case of me "blaming them for my personal problems."

What a genius argument.
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem. Like I said. Personal responsibility just doesn't register with guys like you and Mr. I live in a 25,000 square foot house and **** my carbon foot print Al Gore.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #23
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem. Like I said. Personal responsibility just doesn't register with guys like you and Mr. I live in a 25,000 square foot house and **** my carbon foot print Al Gore.
Your posts make it very clear you only believe in personal responsibility for the little people - not for oil companies.

You deflect blame to Gore, et al, as a means of letting oil companies off the hook for their sins.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:22 AM   #24
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Old 05-29-2013, 06:30 AM   #25
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

I'm developing a prototype electric car that will run with the same mechanics as combustion engines using no fuel, you can be sure my patent won't be bought by an oil company. I'm going to Tesla!
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote