The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #26
uplink
Ring of Famer

Attached Images

uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:22 PM   #27
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Wow.. Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell, and Cam next? Funny thing is it's the mental aspect that seems to have been the issue for all 3.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:57 PM   #28
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Cam's issue is not improving mentally in the game. he's making the same mistakes he did last season. his progression isn't where it should be.

that said, they're not putting him in a position to succeed. they got a franchise star and are trying to ride the money train instead of truly improving the product. they have got to get him some talent at WR and fix the damn OL.
right now it's take away Smith and blitz.
Newtin isn't going to become the next great QB with the incredible athletic ability. He doesn't have it mentally. He is a more athletic Cutler or Jeff George. He can't be expected to lead. I don't think he'll ever be elite. Decent because he can get by with athletic ability, but never elite.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #29
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Wow.. Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell, and Cam next? Funny thing is it's the mental aspect that seems to have been the issue for all 3.
RGIII is the one who will break the string of the supposed next generation type of QB to change the way the position is played. The previous ones had ability but no brains, or no heart or desire or no leadership ability. RGIII is the complete package
Old 10-23-2012, 12:13 AM   #30
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
But Cam's superman! Remember that stupid video where he shouts "what!?" at the camera? I instantly hated him forever after that video.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #31
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
If you think that is too cocky and annoying, you are a racist.

-Sheepstud.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #32
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

This is why having a great offensive coordinator and a great QB coach can make a huge difference in the success of the offense and the QB. Cam's talented but in a sophomore slump and this is not a suprise as many QBs have gone through this same progression. If Carolina is smart they will hire a GM who knows the type of HC that will get the most out of his franchise QB. Then just hire a great DC for the defense and continue to draft well.

I'm not a Cam fan at all. I think he a self promoting ego with a plastic smile. That being said he's talented and he knows that the more success he has on the football field the more endorsements he will get. Winning generally helps with the self promoting.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #33
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Cam was Tebow's backup in college.....

what else do you need to know?
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #34
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Ron Rivera is a bad coach.
I wanted him for our gig since he was a good DC. He went and took John Fox's old gig. Maybe he is a Wade Phillips clone but I think I would give him another year.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #35
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Newtin isn't going to become the next great QB with the incredible athletic ability. He doesn't have it mentally. He is a more athletic Cutler or Jeff George. He can't be expected to lead. I don't think he'll ever be elite. Decent because he can get by with athletic ability, but never elite.
i think he has it mentally but his issue is that he's never really failed and he can't handle losing.
he's that dude who you see that is so uber talented that it's scary the way the game comes easy to them.
the problem with those guys are always when they have to deal with failure for the first time. the ones that take the medicine and move on to become better are the ones that become all time greats. the ones that can't believe just showing up isn't good enough are the ones that fall into the Vince Young,Jamarcus Russell & Jeff George category.

i think Cam will be a beast but he has got to get over the failure.
all this sulking and poor me stuff has to end.
his team is **** and he has to deal with it. should he accept it? hell no, but he must find a way to get it done.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:45 PM   #36
Agamemnon

Quote:
If you think that is too cocky and annoying, you are a racist.

-Sheepstud.
Wow, guess I'm racist too...
Old 10-23-2012, 11:47 PM   #37
Agamemnon

Quote:
i think he has it mentally but his issue is that he's never really failed and he can't handle losing.
he's that dude who you see that is so uber talented that it's scary the way the game comes easy to them.
the problem with those guys are always when they have to deal with failure for the first time. the ones that take the medicine and move on to become better are the ones that become all time greats. the ones that can't believe just showing up isn't good enough are the ones that fall into the Vince Young,Jamarcus Russell & Jeff George category.

his team is **** and he has to deal with it. should he accept it? hell no, but he must find a way to get it done.
I think you're missing that Newton is an egomaniac and a narcissist (much like Cutler). Those types never learn from their mistakes because everything is always someone else's fault. I think that's becoming rather obvious at this point.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #38
schaaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I'm sure you also hate him because he wears his hat backwards like Ryan Leaf did, or the fact that he is black like Jamarcus Russell.
False, Newton has always had the characteristics of a T-rex, come on look at that noggin.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:03 AM   #39
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:

Normally I would agree with you about the winner who doesn't know how to lose, but Cam is getting worse. He has had a season and a half to get used to losing yet instead of taking it like a man and being a good teammate and leader; he throws others under the bus. It is everyone else's fault. His cockiness is something I don't care about. I think all players should have that temperament, bit Cam remains immature. He's a more athletic Cutler. I don't think he'll ever be an elite franchise QB. he isn't even the best QB in his draft class. If I had to build a franchise around a 2011 drafted QB I would take Dalton and Ponder over him.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:03 AM   #40
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Ron Rivera is a bad coach.
That may be true. I remember wanting Elway to at least interview the guy, before he hired Fox, but I don't think it was ever even considered to bring him in. It was so strange at the time, it was almost as if Elway didn't think of him as a serious candidate. Apparently, Elway knows best.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:52 AM   #41
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

I'm hearing folks tossing out a suggestion here in Carolina - Xanders, because he could bring in McCoy.

from the Carolina POV, Xanders is a young guy with experience in multiple front offices and has worked with multiple coaches. The only reason he isn't in Denver any more is because of Elway. Plus, he has familiarity w/ McCoy.

McCoy is a former Panther coach, presumably has a relationship w/ Richardson, so that works out nice. Plus, any coordinator who could get that much out of Tebow could certainly get something out of Cam, right? Not to mention - certainly working w/ Manning has got to help McCoy hone his game...right?
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #42
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
I'm hearing folks tossing out a suggestion here in Carolina - Xanders, because he could bring in McCoy.

from the Carolina POV, Xanders is a young guy with experience in multiple front offices and has worked with multiple coaches. The only reason he isn't in Denver any more is because of Elway. Plus, he has familiarity w/ McCoy.

McCoy is a former Panther coach, presumably has a relationship w/ Richardson, so that works out nice. Plus, any coordinator who could get that much out of Tebow could certainly get something out of Cam, right? Not to mention - certainly working w/ Manning has got to help McCoy hone his game...right?
Plus for us as well since he'd be gobe and we can get a good play caller here.

Get it done Carolina! To sweeten the deal we'll give Moreno as well.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #43
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Plus for us as well since he'd be gobe and we can get a good play caller here.

Get it done Carolina! To sweeten the deal we'll give Moreno as well.
well, that would be a lot of #1 RB's on Carolina's roster. Maybe they could send us Deangelo or Stewart?
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #44
Agamemnon

Quote:
Plus, any coordinator who could get that much out of Tebow could certainly get something out of Cam, right?
Old 10-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #45
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
well, that would be a lot of #1 RB's on Carolina's roster. Maybe they could send us Deangelo or Stewart?
If we could have either my vote is for Stewart
Old 10-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #46
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I think you're missing that Newton is an egomaniac and a narcissist (much like Cutler). Those types never learn from their mistakes because everything is always someone else's fault. I think that's becoming rather obvious at this point.
every player worth a damn is an egomaniac. depending on how they show it outwardly they get labelled as laid back, uninterested, humble, flavor clown or jackass.

no really good player in the NFL doesn't think they're the absolute ****. it's part of the reason they're so good and how they made it to the NFL.

ideally all the players on your favorite teams are good kids and boy scouts.
but that's not the reality of the NFL. they're paid to play and help the team win.
Ray Lewis was close to being put in prison for Murder and rarely does anyone say a bad word about him, because he is a beast on the field and he helped lead his team to a world championship.
Big Ben might be one of the most disliked guys around the NFL but if he gets the Steelers another championship or two before he retires no one will call him anything except a franchise QB.
Jay Cutler is supposedly a giant crybaby, if he wins a Super Bowl in Chicago he'll be the toast of the NFL.
having a great person who is also a great player is nice, but Kyle Orton is a nice person and i don't want him anywhere near my team as a starting or back up QB.

being a nice guy doesn't mean a damn thing if you suck at your job.
the crybaby that Cam supposedly is now will be the "Leader who demands perfection from those around him." when they start winning consistently.

Quote:
Normally I would agree with you about the winner who doesn't know how to lose, but Cam is getting worse. He has had a season and a half to get used to losing yet instead of taking it like a man and being a good teammate and leader; he throws others under the bus. It is everyone else's fault. His cockiness is something I don't care about. I think all players should have that temperament, bit Cam remains immature. He's a more athletic Cutler. I don't think he'll ever be an elite franchise QB. he isn't even the best QB in his draft class. If I had to build a franchise around a 2011 drafted QB I would take Dalton and Ponder over him.
a season and a half to get used to losing when everything you've ever touched has turned to gold? really? seriously?
he probably hasn't lost badly since Pop Warner and you want him to get used to losing? they didn't bring him in to get used to losing, they brought him in so that everyone else would catch his hunger and be starving to win.

he has maturity issues and needs a public relations coach but by the same token that he's thrown people under the bus... he's not wrong in what he's said either.
the culture in Carolina needs to be changed, not "Cam should shut up and get used to losing like a man."

now that is just plain foolish to say. Dalton is solid but he has a much better team around him than Newton and a much better HC and OC.
it's a near miracle that Brown was able to put a solid team together and get a star like AJ Green to pair with Dalton early in his career.

Ponder? come on now. he's improved nicely but he has yet to show he's a better QB than Cam at any level. he's much better than i initially thought but he's nowhere near close to taking over Cam to build a team with.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #47
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
every player worth a damn is an egomaniac. depending on how they show it outwardly they get labelled as laid back, uninterested, humble, flavor clown or jackass.

no really good player in the NFL doesn't think they're the absolute ****. it's part of the reason they're so good and how they made it to the NFL.

ideally all the players on your favorite teams are good kids and boy scouts.
but that's not the reality of the NFL. they're paid to play and help the team win.
Ray Lewis was close to being put in prison for Murder and rarely does anyone say a bad word about him, because he is a beast on the field and he helped lead his team to a world championship.
Big Ben might be one of the most disliked guys around the NFL but if he gets the Steelers another championship or two before he retires no one will call him anything except a franchise QB.
Jay Cutler is supposedly a giant crybaby, if he wins a Super Bowl in Chicago he'll be the toast of the NFL.
having a great person who is also a great player is nice, but Kyle Orton is a nice person and i don't want him anywhere near my team as a starting or back up QB.

being a nice guy doesn't mean a damn thing if you suck at your job.
the crybaby that Cam supposedly is now will be the "Leader who demands perfection from those around him." when they start winning consistently.

a season and a half to get used to losing when everything you've ever touched has turned to gold? really? seriously?
he probably hasn't lost badly since Pop Warner and you want him to get used to losing? they didn't bring him in to get used to losing, they brought him in so that everyone else would catch his hunger and be starving to win.

he has maturity issues and needs a public relations coach but by the same token that he's thrown people under the bus... he's not wrong in what he's said either.
the culture in Carolina needs to be changed, not "Cam should shut up and get used to losing like a man."

now that is just plain foolish to say. Dalton is solid but he has a much better team around him than Newton and a much better HC and OC.
it's a near miracle that Brown was able to put a solid team together and get a star like AJ Green to pair with Dalton early in his career.

Ponder? come on now. he's improved nicely but he has yet to show he's a better QB than Cam at any level. he's much better than i initially thought but he's nowhere near close to taking over Cam to build a team with.
I'm not saying learn to be ok with losing, I am saying learn to take it like a man and rally the team to improve. Go to work as a leader of that team. Instead he does the Cutler, sit alone with a **** attitude and an it's not my fault so whatever mindset. He was brought in to change the culture of a hapless franchise and fanbase, but his attitude and complete lack of leadership isn't going to do that. He should realize, Carolina was and is a team needing to rebuild and a rebuild takes time. Instead of frowning and moping passing the blame, take the responsibility as a QB and face of the franchise and work to get the most out of his players.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #48
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
I'm not saying learn to be ok with losing, I am saying learn to take it like a man and rally the team to improve. Go to work as a leader of that team. Instead he does the Cutler, sit alone with a **** attitude and an it's not my fault so whatever mindset. He was brought in to change the culture of a hapless franchise and fanbase, but his attitude and complete lack of leadership isn't going to do that. He should realize, Carolina was and is a team needing to rebuild and a rebuild takes time. Instead of frowning and moping passing the blame, take the responsibility as a QB and face of the franchise and work to get the most out of his players.

there is no way to lose like a man. you are either winning or losing and being upset about losing isn't a bad thing.
while i agree he shouldn't sulk and he should be trying to take ownership of the team.
he should be upset, he should be pissed off, but he needs to work behind the scenes and talk to his teammates,coaches & etc to help improve the team.

him doing it in the media is not going to help. he needs to improve his demeanor and body language at the podium and make sure he's taking ownership of things that need improving.

but at the same time though, if Cam doesn't make those comments about change being needed, who's to say the GM isn't still there now?
i doubt the comment itself had anything to do with it but the firestorm it started likely did.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #49
menonite

"there is no way to lose like a man. you are either winning or losing and being upset about losing isn't a bad thing."

Seriously? Dignity and grace don't exist?
Old 10-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #50
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
That may be true. I remember wanting Elway to at least interview the guy, before he hired Fox, but I don't think it was ever even considered to bring him in. It was so strange at the time, it was almost as if Elway didn't think of him as a serious candidate. Apparently, Elway knows best.
Ron Rivera = Wade Phillips.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote