The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #76
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Gale Sayers and John Riggins FTW!

Ok so KU isnt my alma mater but its the team I root for.
My friend is from just outside Sacramento. He's a hardcore fan of Green Bay, the Oakland A's, the Clippers and Kansas basketball. I don't understand.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #77
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I think this should have to be a current college player.

I'll go with Ezekiel Ansah. Since just two years ago, he'd never put on a football helmet, he's definitely a project. He's from Ghana, and he came to BYU on a track scholarship. At 6' 6", 270, he runs the 100 meters in 10.9 seconds. His 40 time is 4.5-ish. BYU coaches say he's extremely smart and coachable - you can honestly see him improving, game by game.

He's so athletic, he's going to be a guy who shoots up after the combine and pro days. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in the 2nd or 3rd round.
Top 15
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #78
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I think this should have to be a current college player.

I'll go with Ezekiel Ansah. Since just two years ago, he'd never put on a football helmet, he's definitely a project. He's from Ghana, and he came to BYU on a track scholarship. At 6' 6", 270, he runs the 100 meters in 10.9 seconds. His 40 time is 4.5-ish. BYU coaches say he's extremely smart and coachable - you can honestly see him improving, game by game.

He's so athletic, he's going to be a guy who shoots up after the combine and pro days. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in the 2nd or 3rd round.
Yah, but how long is his wing span?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #79
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
My friend is from just outside Sacramento. He's a hardcore fan of Green Bay, the Oakland A's, the Clippers and Kansas basketball. I don't understand.
I was born in kansas, to a Jayhawk family, where most of the people who went to college went to KU.

I had a choice. Root for Denver, the closest football team to where I was born, or root for a team in Missouri (The Chorfs). As a Jayhawk fan whose family ancestry actually fought in the Border War against those dirty slavers, the choice was easy. Root for the Broncos.

Baseball and Basketball (NBA) I dont follow all that closely but root for the local teams down here in Houston much to my recent chagrin.

So you can see, people can have varied allegiances to teams in various sports, depending on their situation. Not everyone is born in one place and stays there their whole life so roots for the home team.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #80
Cmac821
Harden by loss

Can't wait for next year

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fox Mulder

Current student but you don't want to draft anyone from CSU unless it's the punter in which case that guy is a badass.
Cmac821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #81
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
I was born in kansas, to a Jayhawk family, where most of the people who went to college went to KU.

I had a choice. Root for Denver, the closest football team to where I was born, or root for a team in Missouri (The Chorfs). As a Jayhawk fan whose family ancestry actually fought in the Border War against those dirty slavers, the choice was easy. Root for the Broncos.

Baseball and Basketball (NBA) I dont follow all that closely but root for the local teams down here in Houston much to my recent chagrin.

So you can see, people can have varied allegiances to teams in various sports, depending on their situation. Not everyone is born in one place and stays there their whole life so roots for the home team.
Yeah makes sense, I wasn't getting on your case. Was just reminded of my friend's allegiances, which unlike yours, make little to no sense. He grew up in a small town outside Sacramento, and let's be honest, who wants to be a Kings fan? Although they were good back then, with Webber and Bibby. I'll give him this though, he's die hard and never wavers as a fan. I guess that's a lot better than living in a city like LA and being a bandwagon Clippers fan.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #82
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Prime:

Brian Urlacher

Current:

A junior scat-back named Kasey Carrier. He's small (sort of in the mold of Jammal Charles or Ronnie Hillman), but kid has been in beast mode the past three weeks. He carried the ball 39 times for 338 yards against Air Force, with runs of 37, 59, and 68 yards and three touchdowns.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #83
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
Yeah makes sense, I wasn't getting on your case. Was just reminded of my friend's allegiances, which unlike yours, make little to no sense. He grew up in a small town outside Sacramento, and let's be honest, who wants to be a Kings fan? Although they were good back then, with Webber and Bibby. I'll give him this though, he's die hard and never wavers as a fan. I guess that's a lot better than living in a city like LA and being a bandwagon Clippers fan.
To be fair, if you are a fan of any team, there are years you better be a die hard.

It's not easy being a Jayhawk football fan, or an Astros fan, or lately a Rockets fan.

It aint always easy being a Bronco fan. The only thing that is consistent is Kansas hoops winning the Big 12 and making the big dance.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #84
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Yah, but how long is his wing span?
I'm not a big fan of wing span. But I do know he can throw a football over them mountains.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:19 PM   #85
GoHAM
Ring of Famer

36, now that's shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Unrein

University of Wyoming:

Umm... I'm thinking...

Robert Herron, maybe, he's a small fast receiver who is usually hurt for 1/2 the season.

Nick Carlson, C, could maybe make it to the 2nd round of cuts in camp.

Kurt Taufa'asau, DT, never hurts to bring in a DT

Who I'm really hoping for is:

Dave Christensen, I think the Broncos should bring him in as a Public Relations guy and Ethics coach.
GoHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:25 PM   #86
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
To be fair, if you are a fan of any team, there are years you better be a die hard.

It's not easy being a Jayhawk football fan, or an Astros fan, or lately a Rockets fan.

It aint always easy being a Bronco fan. The only thing that is consistent is Kansas hoops winning the Big 12 and making the big dance.
I hear ya. CU Buffs fan here.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #87
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:

For sure. I give him **** about it sometimes, but the only thing that really matters is staying true to your team.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #88
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHAM View Post
University of Wyoming:

Umm... I'm thinking...

Robert Herron, maybe, he's a small fast receiver who is usually hurt for 1/2 the season.

Nick Carlson, C, could maybe make it to the 2nd round of cuts in camp.

Kurt Taufa'asau, DT, never hurts to bring in a DT

Who I'm really hoping for is:

Dave Christensen, I think the Broncos should bring him in as a Public Relations guy and Ethics coach.
Better than the guy they have coaching DJ presently:

Old 10-25-2012, 01:23 AM   #89
penguintheory
studio gangster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Momma

Shayne Skov
penguintheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #90
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguintheory View Post
Shayne Skov
I wonder if Elway will be watching this guy due to the Stanford ties and the fact that he's probably a pretty smart player too. Rumor is he's not very good against the pass so if the Broncos do take him it won't be for his ability to cover a TE...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote