The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #101
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
really, looking through this thread it seems there are many Shanahan haters.
yep, there are those people too (and some are just irrational). It seems many people have a hard time acknowledging Shanny's good traits while also admitting to or acknowledging his faults.

I really think it's just that people like to argue.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #102
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
earned it? For what, something that got him two superbowls in 1998 and 99? .
yeah....I'd give him the benefit of the doubt with my franchise. It's not like the Redskins just handed the keys to the franchise to Josh McDaniel's.

and I agree shanny wore out his welcome in Denver. It's too bad the broncos have now hired two head coaches that are not even up to par with their former head coach.

Last edited by bronco militia; 10-22-2012 at 10:26 AM..
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #103
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
yeah....I'd give him the benefit of the doubt with my franchise. It's not like the Redskins just handed the keys to the franchise to Josh Mcdaniels.

and I agree shanny wore out his welcome in Denver. It's too bad the broncos have now hired two head coaches that are not even up to par with Mike Shanahan.
see, it's comments like this that irk the hell out of me. Shanny has not done anything of note since Elway retired. John Fox at least won a playoff game last season. You can only go so far with Shanny's rather old accolades.

Shanahan is not done a damn thing since being hired in DC. Not only that, he is directly responsible for taking a rather good defense and making it subpar. That is all on Shanny.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #104
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
see, it's comments like this that irk the hell out of me. Shanny has not done anything of note since Elway retired. John Fox at least won a playoff game last season. You can only go so far with Shanny's rather old accolades.

Shanahan is not done a damn thing since being hired in DC. Not only that, he is directly responsible for taking a rather good defense and making it subpar. That is all on Shanny.
oh, so you're saying you'd rather have Josh Mcdaniels or John Fox instead of Mike Shanahan. got ya

move over lonestar...you've got company
Old 10-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #105
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
yeah....I'd give him the benefit of the doubt with my franchise. It's not like the Redskins just handed the keys to the franchise to Josh McDaniel's.

and I agree shanny wore out his welcome in Denver. It's too bad the broncos have now hired two head coaches that are not even up to par with their former head coach.
Oh ****. Thank God you don't own a team. You are too much of a fan. Which is great as a fan and not for business. So a franchise that has nothing to do with his past employer is supposed to give him as much benefit of the doubt with his current employer after 3 years? Unless you think the Broncos were completely wrong with his departure and really think he still has that SB zing left in him, you start to question the doubt not the benefit. It starts to sound like excuses that we hear from SoCal.

Quote:
oh, so you're saying you'd rather have Josh Mcdaniels or John Fox instead of Mike Shanahan. got ya

OMG! And here lies the Shanny apologist with this statement. See, you think we should have never canned Shanny. While McDaniels ****ed it up worse, it was time to move on. Your statement that says that we must be crazy to want Fox and not Shanny. Shanny was and is done in Denver. Yes, most have accepted and/or wanted to move on from Shanahan and are fine with Fox. We see someone that will actually care about our defense.

Dude, while Lonestar is an ass with his Tanahan statements, make a poll and see if Broncos' fans want Shanahan now or John Fox and company. I guarantee you that you are in the minority big time. You are just to blind and bias to SHanahan to realize it.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 10-22-2012 at 11:14 AM..
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #106
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Oh ****. Thank God you don't own a team. You are too much of a fan. Which is great as a fan and not for business. So a franchise that has nothing to do with his past employer is supposed to give him as much benefit of the doubt with his current employer after 3 years? Unless you think the Broncos were completely wrong with his departure and really think he still has that SB zing left in him, you start to question the doubt not the benefit. It starts to sound like excuses that we hear from SoCal.
I understand why the broncos moved on. I was hoping they'd give him a little more time. Anyway, the plan to move on has mostly been a disaster and I'd still take a has been shanny over the has been John Fox and the wonder ked Mcdummy.

peace
Old 10-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #107
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:

OMG! And here lies the Shanny apologist with this statement. See, you think we should have never canned Shanny. While McDaniels ****ed it up worse, it was time to move on. Your statement that says that we must be crazy to want Fox and not Shanny. Shanny was and is done in Denver. Yes, most have accepted and/or wanted to move on from Shanahan and are fine with Fox. We see someone that will actually care about our defense.

Dude, while Lonestar is an ass with his Tanahan statements, make a poll and see if Broncos' fans want Shanahan now or John Fox and company. I guarantee you that you are in the minority big time. You are just to blind and bias to SHanahan to realize it.
keep trying to read between the lines....I've spelled out my opinion in black and white for you and everyone else.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #108
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

I'm saying the same thing I've said from the beginning (I'm like a broken record on this topic)--Shanny had to go. It was time. He and his system had run its course in Denver and it was time to part ways.

This is ok. Really, it is. This happens. Shanny was not producing, he had an extensive amount of time after Elway and he just was not getting the job done. I believe in an interview Shanny even says as much, that is, he said something along the lines of "I wasn't getting the job done."

Yes to John Fox, no to Josh McDaniels.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #109
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
I'm saying the same thing I've said from the beginning (I'm like a broken record on this topic)--Shanny had to go. It was time. He and his system had run its course in Denver and it was time to part ways.

This is ok. Really, it is. This happens. Shanny was not producing, he had an extensive amount of time after Elway and he just was not getting the job done. I believe in an interview Shanny even says as much, that is, he said something along the lines of "I wasn't getting the job done."

I mostly agree.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #110
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:

This.

I root against Washington, not because of Shanahan, but because I've never liked them. They are right behind the 3 other teams in the AFC West and Dallas. But I also see Shanahan doing the same thing in Washington that he did in Denver the last years he was here. As someone said, he is his own worst enemy.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #111
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
shanny doesn't make any excuses, but I will for him. IMO he's earned it.
Dude has a rookie QB not only leading ROY, but league MVP, and Bronco fans OF ALL PEOPLE are trashing him.

TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #112
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:

You just get too comfortable....Shanahan would be the first to tell you, he was in a box, and had no motivation really to get out. Getting fired can wake you back up.

I personally have found seeing Shanahan from a Redskin fan perspective as pretty enlightening. I viewed him though my Bronco soft light filter for most of his time in Denver.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #113
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:

I think this is 90% of the fan bases thinking....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #114
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Shanny is no longer our coach, so I don't really care what happens to him, but the redskins are still the redskins– so **** 'em!!
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #115
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Just to add fuel to the debate lol...

***Note: no like, no click***

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthre...ws-offense-but....

Edit: thread title for those who want to know without clicking is "Mike knows offense, but...."
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #116
DENVERDUI55

I wonder how Atlas is liking his switching of teams and becoming a redskin fan.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:29 PM   #117
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I wonder how Atlas is liking his switching of teams and becoming a redskin fan.
old coach, new QB, no defense....sounds familiar
Old 10-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #118
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Dude has a rookie QB not only leading ROY, but league MVP, and Bronco fans OF ALL PEOPLE are trashing him.

Wut?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote