The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #51
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Don't forget that he isn't that great at adjustments. Remember all those post Elway era games where the Broncos had a 2nd half lead but they would get shutdown and collapse and blow 4th quarter leads?

Shanahan had no clue back then and it's not like he discovered something along the way. He and his son are stubborn and I don't think they survive here, much less win a SB here.

The pressure will be on next season. If they don't make the playoffs, Shanahan and son are gone.
Hey moron,

He had a very good defense in Washington the last few years and was going to have one this year until they lost Orakpo and the the starting end, Carriker. Guess who drafted Ryan Kerrigan? Shanahan. And now they just lost Fred Davis and they still almost won at NY, who just raped SF last week in SF. How bout some perspective.....or would you rather go back to the Jim Zorn era...or the Steve Spurrier era?

I'm glad you don't like him, because you don't deserve him. He just brought you the most dynamic QB you ever had. That was his big decision. He's the exec VP. You are nothing but a sniveling, ungrateful POS fan. Washington is having a pretty good year and they would have been even better with a healthy Orakpo. Washington has a good chance of being a playoff team despite all these injuries, but keep crying. Idiot.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #52
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Boom, roasted.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #53
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
As long as shanny is their coach, they won't win as he doesn't know how to improve the defense.
i'm not a fan of Shanny the GM but Shanny the coach is just fine.
they lost their best defensive player and arguably one of the top 5-10 players on D in the game in Orakpo. that's a huge loss, you take Champ off our D(knocks on wood like a mother) and we wouldn't look the same either.

the main thing that will hurt them is what they gave up for RGIII.
that won't give them much room for error in the draft going forward.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #54
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Repped so hard SoCal
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #55
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i'm not a fan of Shanny the GM but Shanny the coach is just fine.
they lost their best defensive player and arguably one of the top 5-10 players on D in the game in Orakpo. that's a huge loss, you take Champ off our D(knocks on wood like a mother) and we wouldn't look the same either.

the main thing that will hurt them is what they gave up for RGIII.
that won't give them much room for error in the draft going forward.
Shanny player's always gets hurt every season..
Might be his bad luck..
Regarding RG3, it's his first season..Let's wait and see.
Last year, cam newton also played well.

Shanny needs to retire..He concentrates too much on offense..ignoring the defense..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #56
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
As long as shanny is their coach, they won't win as he doesn't know how to improve the defense.
I dunno, I think he's got two rings that might say something about his ability to win.

I guess they don't count though, because he had good players. You're only a real coach if you win multiple super bowls with crappy players.

It amazes me how many idiotic Broncos fans hate Shanahan. Look, I get it, you were born in 1999, but those two trophies at Dove Valley weren't donations.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #57
menonite

I'm going to wait until Lonestar weighs in on this before i make up my mind.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #58
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Shanny player's always gets hurt every season..
Might be his bad luck..
Regarding RG3, it's his first season..Let's wait and see.
Last year, cam newton also played well.

Shanny needs to retire..He concentrates too much on offense..ignoring the defense..
Do you enjoy being a flat out liar?

Shanny's players always get hurt? Where would the Broncos be if they lost Von this year? Orakpo is their version of Von.

Spoiler Alert :We wouldn't be in a happy place.

And their star TE, and their starting DE and their high priced FA WR who has been hurt on and off. And now someone is b****ing because they barely lost at NY and are still in the thick of it? They are having a very good year and Shanny's gamble on moving up for RG3 looks like a royal flush.

And yes, he's totally ignored the defense....because the defense was actually pretty good the last two years. Who drafted stud Ryan Kerrigan? Shanny.

Ofcourse, I shouldn't be surprised this is your take. After all, you hated Shanny while he was here and were among the VERY BIGGEST McD fans around. Even after he was fired you posted that you still wished he was our coach.

So yeah...there's a rebuttable presumption that your opinion on EVERY issue is wrong. The Redskins....Shanny...the Broncos....Cutler..... quantitative easing.... economics..... the Arab Spring, pick an issue. You're presumptively wrong.

You enthusiastically supported Satan himself and his ass-raping of our team.

Even George W. Bush laughs at YOUR stupidity.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #59
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Do you enjoy being a flat out liar?

Shanny's players always get hurt? Where would the Broncos be if they lost Von this year? Orakpo is their version of Von.

Spoiler Alert :We wouldn't be in a happy place.

And their star TE, and their starting DE and their high priced FA WR who has been hurt on and off. And now someone is b****ing because they barely lost at NY and are still in the thick of it? They are having a very good year and Shanny's gamble on moving up for RG3 looks like a royal flush.

And yes, he's totally ignored the defense....because the defense was actually pretty good the last two years. Who drafted stud Ryan Kerrigan? Shanny.

Ofcourse, I shouldn't be surprised this is your take. After all, you hated Shanny while he was here and were among the VERY BIGGEST McD fans around. Even after he was fired you posted that you still wished he was our coach.

So yeah...there's a rebuttable presumption that your opinion on EVERY issue is wrong. The Redskins....Shanny...the Broncos....Cutler..... quantitative easing.... economics..... the Arab Spring, pick an issue. You're presumptively wrong.

You enthusiastically supported Satan himself and his ass-raping of our team.

Even George W. Bush laughs at YOUR stupidity.

What the hell.When did i support Mcd..??..You are a big joke.
You always tell about Ryan Kerrigan.

Yes..shanny players always get hurt.they were hurt when he was a coach here also.

Shanny was a good coach.He needs to retire..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #60
Agamemnon

Quote:
Hey moron,

He had a very good defense in Washington the last few years
They were ranked 13th overall last year and 31st the year before. What exactly is your definition of "very good"?
Old 10-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #61
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
I dunno, I think he's got two rings that might say something about his ability to win.

I guess they don't count though, because he had good players. You're only a real coach if you win multiple super bowls with crappy players.

It amazes me how many idiotic Broncos fans hate Shanahan. Look, I get it, you were born in 1999, but those two trophies at Dove Valley weren't donations.
Looks like they may have one player who will end up being on par with the likes of Elway, TD, Sharpe, Rod Smith, and Atwater. Here's hoping for four more...
Old 10-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #62
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Hey moron,

He had a very good defense in Washington the last few years and was going to have one this year until they lost Orakpo and the the starting end, Carriker. Guess who drafted Ryan Kerrigan? Shanahan. And now they just lost Fred Davis and they still almost won at NY, who just raped SF last week in SF. How bout some perspective.....or would you rather go back to the Jim Zorn era...or the Steve Spurrier era?

I'm glad you don't like him, because you don't deserve him. He just brought you the most dynamic QB you ever had. That was his big decision. He's the exec VP. You are nothing but a sniveling, ungrateful POS fan. Washington is having a pretty good year and they would have been even better with a healthy Orakpo. Washington has a good chance of being a playoff team despite all these injuries, but keep crying. Idiot.
Man, you have a major emotional investment in Shanny.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #63
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Hey moron,

I know you pay a lot of attention to previous players/coaches, but Washington's defense has been bad. It was pretty good BEFORE Shanahan got there. They've been bottom third in scoring defense every year he has been there, 26th so far this season.

The 5-11 Redskins swept the World Champion Giants last year....I wouldn't take too much from this game. Well...except that RGIII looks capable of carrying a team himself. First time he's had that since Elway, and that could mean good things for Washington. If I was a betting man though, I'd say he fires Haslett this offseason and hires one the the defensive assistants as the DC.

Here's the reality, if Denver was a year removed from an 8-8 season and the brand new shiny coach proceeded to go 6-10 and 5-11 while betting his reputation on John Beck and Rex Grossman, and at the same time taking a statistically #10 defense and reducing it to #30....He would be attacked by so many aids cobras.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #64
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
The 5-11 Redskins swept the World Champion Giants last year....I wouldn't take too much from this game.
Yup. Classic letdown game for the Giants after a huge win last week. Better team found a way to win.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #65
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Looks like another losing season in Washington.

maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:42 PM   #66
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Hey moron,

What is with the personal attacks? Is he your dad?

How am I crying? I said that they are scary good if they had any sort of semi competent defense aka just AVERAGE. You don't win when you have ****ing josh wilson, madieu williams, reed doughty and hall as your secondary. That's just horrible.

Shanahan messed it all up in Denver as well.

At least really follow teams before you go on personal attacks. I am not doubting that you follow the broncos, but you don't know jack **** about the redskins, so please STFU or don't attack others.

The only thing shanahan does well is draft Running Backs, i.e., Alfred Morris. That's it. if you want another thing he does well, he scripts the initial game plan of plays pretty well hence his "offensive" genius moniker, but he cannot adjust to save his life.

He can thank the class 49ers of the montana/young years, Elway and Terrel Davis for all his "prestige."

I have nothing against shanahan the man. I just don't think he is all he has been cracked up to be and unlike you, I have followed him for a while now because I actually follow the Broncos AND Redskins. So please, spare me with the bull **** and personal attacks.

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 10-21-2012 at 06:44 PM..
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #67
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

No, he didn't mess it all up in Denver. Try coaching with one hand tied behind your back and fans screaming at your for finishing 16th when you are spending at 22nd. He put together a wonderful collection of talent for his offense and all he had to do was devote the offseason resoruces to getting the defense up to par. He did it before, in 2005, so he could definitely get it done and our moron of an owner blew it up because he didnt like getting called out by a Paige article. And Washington with Orakpo and Carriker would be fine, defensively. Actually, right before Orakpo went down in the Rams game they were doing very well and but for the 4th quarter at NO, they were doing pretty decent defensively.

Jim Zorn left a mess behind and he's cleaned it up. He did place a bit too much faith in his ability to squeeze blood from a stone in Grossman and Beck, although for awhile they played well, but he parlayed it and make a big gamble to get RG3 who could be a HOF talent. He's put together a really nice combo of his own scheme and Baylor stuff to make the offense hard to contain.

Where would Washington be without RG3? Without Ryan Kerrigan? Without good young WRs like Aldrick Robinson and Leonard Hankerson? If Shanny is really that bad, then you should be NOT only in favor of getting rid of him, but also EVERY SINGLE ONE of the guys he brought there. Surely you dont want the Shanny stink there any longer, yes? Say bye to your franchise QB? Ready to adopt that position?

That's what I thought. Be grateful for what you have.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #68
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
No, he didn't mess it all up in Denver. Try coaching with one hand tied behind your back and fans screaming at your for finishing 16th when you are spending at 22nd. He put together a wonderful collection of talent for his offense and all he had to do was devote the offseason resoruces to getting the defense up to par. He did it before, in 2005, so he could definitely get it done and our moron of an owner blew it up because he didnt like getting called out by a Paige article. And Washington with Orakpo and Carriker would be fine, defensively. Actually, right before Orakpo went down in the Rams game they were doing very well and but for the 4th quarter at NO, they were doing pretty decent defensively.

Jim Zorn left a mess behind and he's cleaned it up. He did place a bit too much faith in his ability to squeeze blood from a stone in Grossman and Beck, although for awhile they played well, but he parlayed it and make a big gamble to get RG3 who could be a HOF talent. He's put together a really nice combo of his own scheme and Baylor stuff to make the offense hard to contain.

Where would Washington be without RG3? Without Ryan Kerrigan? Without good young WRs like Aldrick Robinson and Leonard Hankerson? If Shanny is really that bad, then you should be NOT only in favor of getting rid of him, but also EVERY SINGLE ONE of the guys he brought there. Surely you dont want the Shanny stink there any longer, yes? Say bye to your franchise QB? Ready to adopt that position?

That's what I thought. Be grateful for what you have.
well at least this was respectable post. Look, evidently you are a big fan of his. Believe me, I don't WANT him to fail, it's been miserable here in DC since Gibbs 2.0

Zorn was a complete mess like you said. He inherited a typical, gritty and tough Gibbs team, started 6-2 with them and then totally pissed away what Gibbs developed.

We can talk about this at a later time. Believe me I'm rooting for MS and KS because that means the skins are back on the rise. Remains to be seen, we can talk about this at the end of the year. Right now, today isn't that much of a sting because they gave the Giants all they could handle and unlike past years, the Giants were actually up for this game.

Make no mistake though, Shanny is out if he doesn't generate a playoff berth next year.

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 10-21-2012 at 07:46 PM..
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #69
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Shanahan does have a lot of soft tissue injuries. And after seeing our current training staff severely reduce number of ligament and muscle strain injuries from the previous year, he would do well to look at modernizing his approach to training. I also agree that his teams perform poorly in late in games. I think this could be conditioning as well, where once again, Elway and Fox have managed to make us the best fourth quarter team in the last three years.

As for his ability as a coach, I still say he is the best coach at getting something out of next to nothing in the NFL. If you can do one thing well, Mike will make you a star at it.

Unfortunately I think Shanahan lost his mojo when Kubiak left. Since Kubiak became head coach of the Texans, Mike is 38-48 as a head coach and only had one winning season; The season after Kubiak left when he managed to get one game over .500.

Basically going back six seasons, Mike has been a sub .500 coach. That's a trend. You can blame any number of factors (no doubt socal will blame Bowlen for even his losing record in Washington somehow) but the facts are the facts and you are what you are.

I love Mike. He is one of my favorite Broncos ever. And I would love to see him get the SB one more time so he can go into the HOF. Unfortunately if this trend of average football continues, I don't think he'll ever get it.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #70
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
I know you pay a lot of attention to previous players/coaches, but Washington's defense has been bad. It was pretty good BEFORE Shanahan got there. They've been bottom third in scoring defense every year he has been there, 26th so far this season.

The 5-11 Redskins swept the World Champion Giants last year....I wouldn't take too much from this game. Well...except that RGIII looks capable of carrying a team himself. First time he's had that since Elway, and that could mean good things for Washington. If I was a betting man though, I'd say he fires Haslett this offseason and hires one the the defensive assistants as the DC.

Here's the reality, if Denver was a year removed from an 8-8 season and the brand new shiny coach proceeded to go 6-10 and 5-11 while betting his reputation on John Beck and Rex Grossman, and at the same time taking a statistically #10 defense and reducing it to #30....He would be attacked by so many aids cobras.

So you're saying there's a chance?
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:32 PM   #71
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Mike's gonna make sweet, sweet love to Perry Fewell all. night. long.
I volunteer not to watch this. You, on the other hand, can verify that it actually took place.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:56 AM   #72
Mile High 81
Solid Starter

I do not get why so many people hate Shanny. He gave this organastion ovr. great football. When your are in a place 10+ years not only good things will happen.
Mile High 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:19 AM   #73
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Hey moron,

I don't know what it is about Skins fans, they are all impatient retards, I see "fire this guy" threads on skins boards all the time after 1 bad game. They have absolutely no perspective.

Anyone who UNDERSTANDS football can watch and see the challenges they've been faced with when Orakpo and Kerrigan went out. They've had to bring extra guys on the stunts, resorting to the Cover 1 by default, and it opens up their corners in 1-1 coverage.

The focus then goes on the secondary and how bad it is, when the real issue is the injuries upfront; albeit, that squat on 2nd and 10 today was a pretty bad miss.

Skins don't need a coaching change, anywhere, what they need is the continued development of their offense and keeping bringing in guys like Kerrigan.

That defense has potential, and like you said Kerrigan was a shanahan recruit, not an inheritance. People forget just how bad the team Shanny took there was, the end of the Zorn era left that organization with just about nothing and now they look like the second best team in the NFC East, for christ sakes they just barely lost to the Giants today in an away game.

What is it with Skins fans and why are they so ****ing stupid?

Last edited by Willynowei; 10-22-2012 at 03:21 AM..
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:20 AM   #74
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
well at least this was respectable post. Look, evidently you are a big fan of his. Believe me, I don't WANT him to fail, it's been miserable here in DC since Gibbs 2.0

Zorn was a complete mess like you said. He inherited a typical, gritty and tough Gibbs team, started 6-2 with them and then totally pissed away what Gibbs developed.

We can talk about this at a later time. Believe me I'm rooting for MS and KS because that means the skins are back on the rise. Remains to be seen, we can talk about this at the end of the year. Right now, today isn't that much of a sting because they gave the Giants all they could handle and unlike past years, the Giants were actually up for this game.

Make no mistake though, Shanny is out if he doesn't generate a playoff berth next year.
Since Gibbs 2.0? It was miserable during that stretch as well, running counter treys all the time like it was a high school offense?

Are you kidding me?

Shanahan is a major part of why RG3 is playing well, he built that offense and his defense in 3 years has been pretty good considering the **** field position the offense put them in. That team has a chance to put it all together, the only way that Franchise could fail to return to "greatness" is if Snyder actually listens to Washington's retarded fanbase - probably the 2nd worst in the country behind Oakland.

Last edited by Willynowei; 10-22-2012 at 03:24 AM..
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:28 AM   #75
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

What killing the Redskins is the lack of depth and piss poor free agent signings (Great job Vinny and the Little Boy Snyder). Overall I think Shannahan/Bruce Allen have done a good job of putting the franchise on the right path to be successful, but the are still lacking some vital parts to make it happen. The whole 18M cap penalty is going to be big challenge to overcome.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote