The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #1051
OrangeSe7en
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
What are your guys thoughts on Barkley?

I think he will be the first QB to break the mold and be successful in the NFL. I'm a fan.
There have been other successful QBs before him.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #1052
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,080
Default

Had an awesome time at the Cincinnati/Toledo game.

My Rockets took out #18 Cincinnati 29-23 before a raucous crowd at The Glass Bowl.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #1053
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,614

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
What are your guys thoughts on Barkley?

I think he will be the first QB to break the mold and be successful in the NFL. I'm a fan.
I love his 2nd half part of the season in 2011. I thought he took a step back especially last week's game vs Washington. I hope nothing but the best for him as a SC fan but with such mediocracy from Leinart, Sanchez and Palmer (not even going with Cassel), I am afraid it is the awesome system. I know Carroll is gone but it just feels like SC is such a great team on offense for college but not so much in the pros. Hope I am wrong unless KC picks him up.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:17 PM   #1054
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,614

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Brandon Wembley of Nevada scores his first TD since being a freshman. He got shot in the abdomen last year and didn't play all of 2011. Pretty good story with his comeback. Good player for the WAC and probably just happy to be alive.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #1055
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 11,834
Default

Funny thing happened after the USC game. I was on the field about to get a quote from Robert Woods. A TV reporter, blonde lady, was about to interview him. Camera guy was all set, Woods was standing next to her, and it appeared that somebody was talking in her ear piece. Probably somebody from production, telling her what questions to ask in the interview.

So then she said "Who's Robert?" Woods gave her the side eye and said, "Ah, I'm Robert."

That lady felt so clowned. Like, who's Robert? The dude wearing No. 2, who scored four touchdowns. The dude who they did a video tribute to. The dude that was just on the ladder holding a sword and leading the band as they played the school song. The dude that all the press has been talking to since the game ended. The dude standing right next to you, wearing No. 2!!!! lol

Like damn, how about doing just a little research before showing up for the game. Or how about actually watching the game.

To top it all off, I'm watching the local news, and she was just on the newscast. She is attractive, so that pretty much explains it right there.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:04 PM   #1056
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I love his 2nd half part of the season in 2011. I thought he took a step back especially last week's game vs Washington. I hope nothing but the best for him as a SC fan but with such mediocracy from Leinart, Sanchez and Palmer (not even going with Cassel), I am afraid it is the awesome system. I know Carroll is gone but it just feels like SC is such a great team on offense for college but not so much in the pros. Hope I am wrong unless KC picks him up.
I like Barkley more than any of the other USC QB's. Sanchez was a one year wonder, Leinart loved women more than football plus he had like 5 or 6 NFL starters on his offense (one being a heisman winner) so of course he couldn't look bad. As for Palmer, he was nothing special until his last year.

I think Barkley has the "it" factor. He's been impressive every year at USC and I'm very happy he stayed to develop all 4 years. He seems like a great kid and a good leader.
He may not have the body of Carson Palmer, but I like his intangibles more.

I think he's gonna be a franchise QB someday. As a Chiefs fan I hope it's with us of course
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #1057
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,614

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

^ Barkley wasnt impressive his first two years as he couldn't do what you want in a strong QB; Kick ass in the 4th quarter. He finally did so last season and made him complete. I hope him coming back and enjoying his senior year and his loyalty for sticking around will grant him a BCS bowl game. I just hope he goes to a team right before your Chiefs pick him up. He is an improvement from whatever will be in the backfield for your team in 2013.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:52 PM   #1058
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,080
Default

Michigan beat Michigan State 12-10 to break their 4 game losing streak to Sparty.

It wasn't the prettiest of all wins, but I don't care....all I wanted was the 'W'.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:16 AM   #1059
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,478

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

SoCal's Updated Top 10

1. Alabama- Applied the beatdown at Tennessee. I think they will win at LSU....handily. LSU's offense won't be able to put up more than 10 points.
2. Oregon- America's best offense...by far. 43 points by the middle of the second quarter at Arizona State.
3. Kansas State- Again, its very close to being interchangeable between them and Florida and 3/4. Kansas State is the best coached team in the country and they had an extremely impressive road win at WVU.
4. Florida- Terrific defensive club beats the Gamecocks, with ease. I strongly considered them at No. 3. Really I think its a tossup between them and KSU. Both are deserving, but I think both are a cut below the top two teams.
5. Ohio State- It was an interesting call between O$U and ND for 4/5. Neither club was impressive today and both could have easily lost, but I think Ohio State is a little more balanced in terms of having enough power on both sides of the ball, whereas, ND is too defense heavy and has generally struggled offensively the whole year, which was again the case against BYU.
6. Notre Dame- See above. Wasn't impressed with their razor thin win vs. BYU this week, or last week vs. Stanford for that matter. If either game was on the road, they would have lost.
7. Oregon State- Not a dominant effort vs. Utah, but they've played at a pretty high level all year. If it weren't for Bill Snyder's amazing job for the second straight year, I think Mike Riley would be the Coach of the Year.
8. Oklahoma- After a slow start to the season, they are starting to pick it up. I think they will beat ND next week in Norman, albeit not by alot.
9. USC- Barkley with only one incompletion against Colorado. The big tests are to come for USC very soon.
10. Florida State- Played mistake-laden and sluggish at times against Miami, but they pulled away in the 4th due to superior talent. They are the ACC's best club, but coaching questions remain.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:15 AM   #1060
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Funny thing happened after the USC game. I was on the field about to get a quote from Robert Woods. A TV reporter, blonde lady, was about to interview him. Camera guy was all set, Woods was standing next to her, and it appeared that somebody was talking in her ear piece. Probably somebody from production, telling her what questions to ask in the interview.

So then she said "Who's Robert?" Woods gave her the side eye and said, "Ah, I'm Robert."

That lady felt so clowned. Like, who's Robert? The dude wearing No. 2, who scored four touchdowns. The dude who they did a video tribute to. The dude that was just on the ladder holding a sword and leading the band as they played the school song. The dude that all the press has been talking to since the game ended. The dude standing right next to you, wearing No. 2!!!! lol

Like damn, how about doing just a little research before showing up for the game. Or how about actually watching the game.

To top it all off, I'm watching the local news, and she was just on the newscast. She is attractive, so that pretty much explains it right there.
The dude I would love to see in the O&B.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #1061
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
SoCal's Updated Top 10

1. Alabama- Applied the beatdown at Tennessee. I think they will win at LSU....handily. LSU's offense won't be able to put up more than 10 points.
2. Oregon- America's best offense...by far. 43 points by the middle of the second quarter at Arizona State.
3. Kansas State- Again, its very close to being interchangeable between them and Florida and 3/4. Kansas State is the best coached team in the country and they had an extremely impressive road win at WVU.
4. Florida- Terrific defensive club beats the Gamecocks, with ease. I strongly considered them at No. 3. Really I think its a tossup between them and KSU. Both are deserving, but I think both are a cut below the top two teams.
5. Ohio State- It was an interesting call between O$U and ND for 4/5. Neither club was impressive today and both could have easily lost, but I think Ohio State is a little more balanced in terms of having enough power on both sides of the ball, whereas, ND is too defense heavy and has generally struggled offensively the whole year, which was again the case against BYU.
6. Notre Dame- See above. Wasn't impressed with their razor thin win vs. BYU this week, or last week vs. Stanford for that matter. If either game was on the road, they would have lost.
7. Oregon State- Not a dominant effort vs. Utah, but they've played at a pretty high level all year. If it weren't for Bill Snyder's amazing job for the second straight year, I think Mike Riley would be the Coach of the Year.
8. Oklahoma- After a slow start to the season, they are starting to pick it up. I think they will beat ND next week in Norman, albeit not by alot.
9. USC- Barkley with only one incompletion against Colorado. The big tests are to come for USC very soon.
10. Florida State- Played mistake-laden and sluggish at times against Miami, but they pulled away in the 4th due to superior talent. They are the ACC's best club, but coaching questions remain.
I've got to be honest, KState really surprised my yesterday, as did Klein. I've watched him before, and was impressed, but yesterday it looked to me like he took a giant step onto the national stage. The Wildcats are for real.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #1062
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,750

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
FSU 16 Miami 13 End of 3rd.

Four fingers.
This just illustrates just how bad the ACC is.

Miami is horrible and FSU struggled with them.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #1063
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,614

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Ohio State overrated.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #1064
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I just want to see Bill Snyder get a national title shot. If there is one coach that deserves a championship, it's him.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #1065
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster
 
Crushaholic's Avatar
 
Get off my lawn, you kids!

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,473

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
I just want to see Bill Snyder get a national title shot. If there is one coach that deserves a championship, it's him.
This is as close to a national title shot that K-State has had, since 1998. We will see...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #1066
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,478

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
This is as close to a national title shot that K-State has had, since 1998. We will see...
Despite last year's 1 inch away from winning loss to you guys and this year's beatdown, I wouldnt mind seeing KSU win it. It would be a great story and its a very easy team to like.

Hopefully you don't get Sirr Parker'd again, like in 98.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #1067
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
SoCal's Updated Top 10

1. Alabama- Applied the beatdown at Tennessee. I think they will win at LSU....handily. LSU's offense won't be able to put up more than 10 points.
2. Oregon- America's best offense...by far. 43 points by the middle of the second quarter at Arizona State.
3. Kansas State- Again, its very close to being interchangeable between them and Florida and 3/4. Kansas State is the best coached team in the country and they had an extremely impressive road win at WVU.
4. Florida- Terrific defensive club beats the Gamecocks, with ease. I strongly considered them at No. 3. Really I think its a tossup between them and KSU. Both are deserving, but I think both are a cut below the top two teams.
5. Ohio State- It was an interesting call between O$U and ND for 4/5. Neither club was impressive today and both could have easily lost, but I think Ohio State is a little more balanced in terms of having enough power on both sides of the ball, whereas, ND is too defense heavy and has generally struggled offensively the whole year, which was again the case against BYU.
6. Notre Dame- See above. Wasn't impressed with their razor thin win vs. BYU this week, or last week vs. Stanford for that matter. If either game was on the road, they would have lost.
7. Oregon State- Not a dominant effort vs. Utah, but they've played at a pretty high level all year. If it weren't for Bill Snyder's amazing job for the second straight year, I think Mike Riley would be the Coach of the Year.
8. Oklahoma- After a slow start to the season, they are starting to pick it up. I think they will beat ND next week in Norman, albeit not by alot.
9. USC- Barkley with only one incompletion against Colorado. The big tests are to come for USC very soon.
10. Florida State- Played mistake-laden and sluggish at times against Miami, but they pulled away in the 4th due to superior talent. They are the ACC's best club, but coaching questions remain.
Men of Troy slowly rising....don't count them out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #1068
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
I like Barkley more than any of the other USC QB's. Sanchez was a one year wonder, Leinart loved women more than football plus he had like 5 or 6 NFL starters on his offense (one being a heisman winner) so of course he couldn't look bad. As for Palmer, he was nothing special until his last year.

I think Barkley has the "it" factor. He's been impressive every year at USC and I'm very happy he stayed to develop all 4 years. He seems like a great kid and a good leader.
He may not have the body of Carson Palmer, but I like his intangibles more.

I think he's gonna be a franchise QB someday. As a Chiefs fan I hope it's with us of course
Next week is a "Barkley Bowl" when the Raiders play @ KC.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #1069
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,478

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
Men of Troy slowly rising....don't count them out.
USC has the look of a 9-3 club. I think they will lose to Oregon as well as one more conference opponent, although they will defeat ND.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #1070
Fight_On!
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
USC has the look of a 9-3 club. I think they will lose to Oregon as well as one more conference opponent, although they will defeat ND.
Oregon with out a doubt will be very tough. Good thing it's Socal. Arizona is the only other team in the PAC 12 that really worries me. The ND game could be a loss, as ND has played very well and they are sick of being SC's b****es.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #1071
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 11,834
Default

I don't think USC is going to run the table. Their passing O, which was supposed to be great, is just average. Don't let yesterday fool you. They don't have another horrible team like Colorado on their schedule.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #1072
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,634

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
USC has the look of a 9-3 club. I think they will lose to Oregon as well as one more conference opponent, although they will defeat ND.
Also lose to UCLA.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #1073
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,614

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Also lose to UCLA.
That ain't happening and you know it. SC beats Arizona by 10 and Oregon will be the challenge before playing them possibly again in the conference championship. Oregon State is on fire now but needs to play a stud team like Oregon to see what they really have. That will be a cool inter state rivalry.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #1074
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Michigan beat Michigan State 12-10 to break their 4 game losing streak to Sparty.

It wasn't the prettiest of all wins, but I don't care....all I wanted was the 'W'.
finally all is right in college football. how you like Denard as a QB now you sparty mother****ers? how you like him now?
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #1075
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,242
Default

Barkley makes me nervous. no USC QB has been worth a damn since Carson Palmer left the school. despite all the hype they've gotten. Sanchez is the 2nd best since Palmer entered the league and he was too green and should have stayed in school.

i think he will be a solid NFL QB but he's going to have to show me some serious stuff before i believe in him fully.
i don't think he will be a true franchise QB but he does have the potential to be one if put in the right situation. he's going to be a QB that has to have a lot of weapons around him to excel, he won't be one of those types that can be great with a shoddy cast(but very few in the league are).
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:17 AM.


Denver Broncos