The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #51
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
That will fail. People in LA dont like the Chargers. IMO it will be the Jaguars or the Rams.
The sparklers are going to LA. Its as good as done.
And its a 2-NFL team stadium. Within 3 years of completion, there
will be 2 NFL teams playing there, and mark my words one of them will
be the sparklers.
Also, the stadium will have a high def screen as big as cowboys stadium.
It is gonna be a monster of a stadium, meant to host SBs.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #52
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
The sparklers are going to LA. Its as good as done.
And its a 2-NFL team stadium. Within 3 years of completion, there
will be 2 NFL teams playing there, and mark my words one of them will
be the sparklers.
Also, the stadium will have a high def screen as big as cowboys stadium.
It is gonna be a monster of a stadium, meant to host SBs.
It makes a lot of sense to have 2 teams sharing that stadium. I'm thinking it will be the Chargers and the Rams.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #53
uplink
Ring of Famer

They should become the Southern California Chargers and play in the new LA stadium. LA is not too far north of San Diego really so they could try and stay attached to their roots while trying to add the LA fan base. Kind of like the New England Patriots but in California.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #54
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Chargers will never sell tickets in LA. Mark it down.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #55
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Chargers will never sell tickets in LA. Mark it down.
yes they will. Since the Raiders and Rams moved, many fans switched their alliance to the Chargers. They had fans in OC and in LA before those moves and added on to it. The difference is will those die hard Chargers fans that hate everything LA go to LA to watch their team?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #56
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
But when they make mistakes, like we all do, we would never criticize or belittle them publicly.

If Philip Rivers was my son, I would punch him in his mouth on national television if he threw six picks. Then I would punch myself in the crotch until my testicles fell off for siring such a loser.
I guess his dad was sitting at home watching the meltdown and his son's actions thinking Damn, " I shoulda jerked off that night..."
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #57
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Originally Posted by Director of Public Relations

What’s with you people?

Yes, Monday night’s loss was bad. Horrible. Embarrassing.

Ok…enough already. No mas. I get it.

Now get over it. It was a loss. One loss.

Listening to some of you out there, you’d think Monday night was “win or go home” and the Chargers are now packing their bags.

“The Chargers are finished. Done,” said one scribe.

Another wrote, “Bye, bye Chargers. Put a fork in them.”

Sometimes I think Twitter was invented to give people a chance to puff out their chests and talk big, saying things they never would say to someone’s face.

And talk radio … don’t get me started. The old adage your mom used to preach – “If you don’t have anything good say, don’t say anything” – seems to have evolved to “if you don’t have anything good to say, call sports talk radio.”

Some of those folks are probably the same ones who called for former Head Coach Bobby Ross’ job when his first Chargers team started the 1992 season 0-4. I still remember the self-proclaimed experts saying Bobby was “in over his head”. The Chargers went on to win 11 of the next 12 games that year, along with a 17-0 victory in the first round of the playoffs.

A few of the more recent Chargers teams have been declared dead by quacks, only to awaken in good health. The 3-3 Chargers of 2004 won nine of their final 10 games. The ’06 Chargers won their final 10. The ’07 Chargers started 1-3 before winning 10 of their last 12. The ’08 Chargers won their final four in a row and the ’09 team won its last 11 games.

Time to take a chill pill. No one knows what will happen this season, yet alone the next game. That’s the beauty of the National Football League. I don’t know, you don’t know, no one knows what’s going to happen.

If you want these players and coaches to succeed, then support them. Don’t tear them down. What you want and what we all want, including your team, is to know people believe in them.

Look at it this way. We want our loved ones to succeed, and we’ll do whatever it takes to help them. But when they make mistakes, like we all do, we would never criticize or belittle them publicly.

Your team is 3-3, tied at the top of the division, and has 10 games to play. If the Chargers are your team, get behind them and stay behind them. We’re all at our best when we know others believe in us.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #58
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
yes they will. Since the Raiders and Rams moved, many fans switched their alliance to the Chargers. They had fans in OC and in LA before those moves and added on to it. The difference is will those die hard Chargers fans that hate everything LA go to LA to watch their team?
I disagree if you dont win it all LA fans won't go. They do the Dodgers but I doubt Chargers get that treatment. They basically give away Clipper tickets as opposed to Lakers. Sure they can come to LA and be about as popular as the Clippers. Behind Lakers, Dodgers, Angels and IMO the Rams or Jags if they did put two teams there. I've lived here my whole life and I know way more Raider fans then Chargers. By at least 3-1 IMO.

Won't work, we don't want them.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:53 AM   #59
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
From what I've seen and heard, very little would continue to support the team.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:53 AM   #60
Bacchus

Quote:
It will give them an excuse to be Broncos' fans!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #61
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
They should build a stadium on the South end of LA where SD has easier access to the stadium. I think if the drive were not too bad and the stadium was modern they would go.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #62
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
They should build a stadium on the South end of LA where SD has easier access to the stadium. I think if the drive were not too bad and the stadium was modern they would go.
I agree. Letters to fans like we have in this thread would make any bandwagon fan start to jump off and Chargers are tied for first! If they put the stadium in OC or area near Long Beach then the drive isn't too bad. They put it near the COnvention Center in LA, that drive would suck.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:46 AM   #63
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

I could see SD and KC both in LA sharing the stadium.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #64
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
I could see SD and KC both in LA sharing the stadium.
I cant let this be the last post of this thread. You don't see a problem in your irrational logic behind two AFC West teams playing in the same city?