The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #26
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchambo View Post
I have Saddam Hussein in my avatar and I think yours is disgusting.
Not sure if it is bannable but if not, Taco should institute a new rule immediately and then ban. Sick
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #27
TerrElway
Pro Bowler

The dead US Ambassador in the avatar.

There was a nice MLB in the draft name of Bobby Wagner whom Denver could have had. He's in the running for DROY and starts for Seattle.

But it's ok, we took a giant QB instead because there is no plan B.
TerrElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #28
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Hell to the no****ingway on Dorsey. Ellis I wouldn't mind but I'd like MLB even more.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:27 PM   #29
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrElway View Post
The dead US Ambassador in the avatar.

There was a nice MLB in the draft name of Bobby Wagner whom Denver could have had. He's in the running for DROY and starts for Seattle.

But it's ok, we took a giant QB instead because there is no plan B.
Any other after the fact guys you like?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #30
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
It's not going to happen, Vilma is gonna play Will with Hawthorne out. Lofton is entrenched at Mike. Hawthorne and or Vilma could be options though..
Vilma is the leader he isn't going anywhere.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #31
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Vilma is the leader he isn't going anywhere.
They have all but given up on Vilma and his bum knees. He will be playing Will so Hawthorne could be an option as could Vilma.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #32
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
They have all but given up on Vilma and his bum knees. He will be playing Will so Hawthorne could be an option as could Vilma.
I highly doubt they signed Hawthorne this year to trade him this year. He was the guy I wanted Denver to get bad instead we got Mays.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #33
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Hawthorne maybe, Vilma is way to big of a vocal leader for them.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #34
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Hawthorne maybe, Vilma is way to big of a vocal leader for them.
Wish we had that vocal leader..
Old 10-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #35
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I highly doubt they signed Hawthorne this year to trade him this year. He was the guy I wanted Denver to get bad instead we got Mays.
When I first joined I said his name, and I sure didn't get a ringing endorsement from you or anyone else..but maybe you did really like him, it's interesting that you liked him yet think Grant is "overrated." Hawthorne signed a cheap 5 year deal, so they probably like his flexibility and value to just trade him, I agree with you there.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #36
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
When I first joined I said his name, and I sure didn't get a ringing endorsement from you or anyone else..but maybe you did really like him, it's interesting that you liked him yet think Grant is "overrated." Hawthorne signed a cheap 5 year deal, so they probably like his flexibility and value to just trade him, I agree with you there.
Your making stuff up. I want you to show me where I said Grant is overrated wait a minute I want you to show me a post I said where I even mentioned his name?
Old 10-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #37
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Your making stuff up. I want you to show me where I said Grant is overrated wait a minute I want you to show me a post I said where I even mentioned his name?
I'm sorry that was the other guy with a picture SoCalorado I think? I'm sorry that's my bad, I just saw a picture and assumed.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104487
There's one and nobody even responded.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104491
You got involved in this one..

Last edited by Bmore Manning; 10-19-2012 at 08:25 PM..
Old 10-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #38
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
I'm sorry that was the other guy with a picture SoCalorado I think? I'm sorry that's my bad, I just saw a picture and assumed.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104487
There's one and nobody even responded.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104491
You got involved in this one..
Quote:
I can't believe we signed mays instead of going after this guy.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/77...five-year-deal
Posted in the around the nfl thread.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #39
Bmore Manning

Now that I learned that tool, I can't help but post all the calls I made months ago and took **** for..

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...+Te%27o&page=2

Quote:
I think he is much better in coverage than he is given credit for. He is better in coverage than Mays. If they don't take a MLB and Irving and Mays struggle, that beast Manti Teo should be available next year.
That was back in April when I advocated Hightower being better than Mays, and brought Te'o up, most didn't know him then..
Old 10-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #40
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Posted in the around the nfl thread.
What do you think about Larry Grant?
Old 10-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #41
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Now that I learned that tool, I can't help but post all the calls I made months ago and took **** for..

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...+Te%27o&page=2

That was back in April when I advocated Hightower being better than Mays, and brought Te'o up, most didn't know him then..
I'll admit I didn't know Te'o til this year. He is out of our league anyway.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #42
Bmore Manning

Quote:
I'll admit I didn't know Te'o til this year. He is out of our league anyway.
He will be a dominate LB for a LONG time. I would move for him no matter the price. Atlanta moved up for Julio, how good does that look now? I think the D needs a MLB to take the next step. I see nobody in the draft with the immediate capability of Te'o.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:04 PM   #43
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
Giving a draft pick to a division rival?
they have had a gazillion chances to up grade via the draft.. in fact have loads of talent on the team their FO and coaching staff is what kills them..

I f can get a bonafide player of starter material and it only costs one draft pick go for it.. since the draft has been a crap shoot for decades and frankly I doubt we will be in a top ten spot to start with.. Not many instant starters after then..

Maybe we can package numb nuts along and get two players.. He should be available to play come week 11..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #44
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
He will be a dominate LB for a LONG time. I would move for him no matter the price. Atlanta moved up for Julio, how good does that look now? I think the D needs a MLB to take the next step. I see nobody in the draft with the immediate capability of Te'o.
I was hoping Te'o would come out for last year's draft, but he didn't. He's ut of our league now, I'm afraid. Looks like the Broncos are going to have to settle for a lesser LB at the end of the 1st round..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #45
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Amazing.

What were the two biggest positions of need other than QB this past offseason?

DT & MLB

What are our biggest needs today? Major fail by the front office!!!

I don't see us getting anyone at this point who will help us this year. Sure, the Chiefs will trade a guy in the division that would help our team Please!!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #46
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I just took a look at McShay's top 32 draft picks for 2013. He has 8 DT's in that group and 2 ILB's. I would try to get my ILB in round 1 and then the best DT available in round 2. That would go a long ways to helping this team.

The 2nd ILB is Alec Ogletree of GA. He's 6'3" 237lbs and fast. I think he has some injury issues though. I would try to find a way to get Teo. I think he will fall to the 20's myself. ILB's just don't go top 10 and with a lot of success and I don't think his 40 time will be too impressive. He should be our #1 target. If not available then we should take BPA, and get our DT in round 2.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #47
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Amazing.

What were the two biggest positions of need other than QB this past offseason?

DT & MLB

What are our biggest needs today? Major fail by the front office!!!

I don't see us getting anyone at this point who will help us this year. Sure, the Chiefs will trade a guy in the division that would help our team Please!!

The FO was thinking that the secondary was the weak link last year because teams were killing Denver. So they got porter and Adams. They also drafted a DT in the second rounds and he ios playing almost every snap. Actually with the good play of Vickerson and Banan I do not think DT is a liability. Denver picked up two LBers last year, Johnson and Trevathon(sp) I'm sure they will make LBer a priority in the offseason this year. You need to sit back and relax unless you are just trolling the board. Then have at it.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #48
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

We already have a MLB coming here, just a few more games and he's already familiar with what we are doing. It will make a bigger difference then alot of you think it will.

But I agree, we need to draft LB and DT again next years draft.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #49
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
The FO was thinking that the secondary was the weak link last year because teams were killing Denver. So they got porter and Adams. They also drafted a DT in the second rounds and he ios playing almost every snap. Actually with the good play of Vickerson and Banan I do not think DT is a liability. Denver picked up two LBers last year, Johnson and Trevathon(sp) I'm sure they will make LBer a priority in the offseason this year. You need to sit back and relax unless you are just trolling the board. Then have at it.
Obviously, you're the troll!

We have needed a true run stopping DT or 2 for a decade...and have not got it done. Wolfe was a great draft pick. I think he may even have star potential...but, his true value is in rushing the passer...and really should be a starting DE for us. If you don't see that, understand that...then maybe sit back and learn something before you flap your suck!

Vickerson has potential and seems to be coming on lately...let's cross our fingers. If you think Bannan should be starting in the NFL, let alone for our Broncos...you my friend...are an idiot!

Last edited by Hamrob; 10-20-2012 at 04:25 PM..
Old 10-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #50
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
We already have a MLB coming here, just a few more games and he's already familiar with what we are doing. It will make a bigger difference then alot of you think it will.

But I agree, we need to draft LB and DT again next years draft.
Who are you talking about? Irving? If he's really the guy...why haven't we given him a shot...when we have guys like Mays, Brookings, and Johnson??