The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #51
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

all that is code for "we messed up, we'll bite the bullet and use him in the best way possible... but then, HE GONE!"
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #52
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
all that is code for "we messed up, we'll bite the bullet and use him in the best way possible... but then, HE GONE!"
I like mays when he can just run full speed into people. Best to just send him at the QB or a pre determined gap for a run blitz in my opinion. Keep his angles and decision making to a minimum. Your right though not the full time linebacker broncos paid him to be.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #53
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

if he was making 900K and was the back up who rarely saw the field that would be one thing. but this dude is making over 4 mil and he's supposed to be the starter.

he's so limited it's not funny. we have got to get an upgrade either in FA or through the draft.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #54
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Of course he is still part of the plan....Mays has absolute value on the team, he is just limited in what he can do. He isn't a player worth hating, even if he is one you don't want starting.
They should have him gain 40-50lbs and move him to DT
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #55
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I like mays when he can just run full speed into people. Best to just send him at the QB or a pre determined gap for a run blitz in my opinion. Keep his angles and decision making to a minimum. Your right though not the full time linebacker broncos paid him to be.
So he can be half a step late and get flagged for roughing?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #56
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
So he can be half a step late and get flagged for roughing?
Ya i guess lol.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #57
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
No I said the interior oline stinks, except for maybe kuper when he is healthy, which isn't often is seems lately. Or something like that. So what you are saying is because his dad is on the site he is off limits to critique more then some other player on the board? That seems ludicrous to me. I called him out on saying i never say anything positive then making a personal insult about how my life must be, then saying for me to be a Chiefs fan. Which i find amusing because if his kid went to another team he would follow him.

I never said he sucked but in another thread awhile ago I argued he was not a top 15 or 20 guard or something like that. He would start for some teams and not others, but I stand by the opinion I don't think he is a great player. I never said he sucked though.

Like I said before though if Morenos dad shows up is he off limits then also? Its not fair to call me out just because I said something about someones kid who plays football. He should have a thicker skin then that. Not like I gave him some disparging nickname like slowshon or methwolfe lol. Whatever he is a decent gaurd when hes healthy but we need bigtime help on the interior of our oline.

I will go along with he is better then Koppen, Blake, Rameriz, and Beadles.
I guess he gets voted as offensive captain by his teammates because he brings cookies to practice... is he a gourd or a guard?
kupesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #58
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupesdad View Post
I guess he gets voted as offensive captain by his teammates because he brings cookies to practice... is he a gourd or a guard?
This shiat just got real. For what it is worth, I think Kupe is our best guard hands down.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #59
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I find it equally hilarious that McClain is just as awful against the run as Mays according to that link.

Aren't there posters here who still complain the FO didnt' sign him?

fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #60
Slightly Soiled
Angling for VP.

Mitt watch this!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gerald Willhite

My son and his high school team played a playoff game in the Fargo Dome in Mays's Sr year. The game was after the Bison played so the kids got to meet the players and Mays gave them a little pep talk and was extreemly cool with those kids. My son is not a broncos fan but he watches for Mays.

The deal is Mays is not starter material just because Fox and Del Rio thought he was sure as hell doesn't make it his fault for taking the money.He got to the NFL by flying around taking guys heads off, hard to fault him for that.
Slightly Soiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #61
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
This shiat just got real. For what it is worth, I think Kupe is our best guard hands down.
I will agree with that 100% What I had said was I didn't think he was among the elite guards in the NFL. I never said he wasn't worthy of being an NFL starter or a team captian. Obviously he plays hard, works hard, stays out of trouble so his teammates liked him enough to give him that honor.

I took issue with the fact if you critique a player, or say something about a player its ok, unless that players dad frequents the board. Then I made a few jokes that its good joe mays dad isn't on the board. Big deal.

I never said anything about Chris Kuper or his dad as people, but he felt the need to respond that way. So I had a good time with it because its my personality to deal with things in a lighthearted manor most times. At least I try to. What I won't do is say your life must suck, go be a Chiefs fan. I have been a loyal Broncos fan since 1977 when i was 7 yrs old. Do I get to into it? Hell yes. Do I get too pissed off when the team plays poorly? yes just like a whole lot of other fans do.

Lets not get carried away with whats said about one player because his dad is on the board. When Kuper maks an all pro team I will retract what I said about him being an avg NFL starting calibar guard. Which is still pretty damn good considering only 64 men get to say I am an NFL starting guard. Only 32 if you break it down to his RG spot. So I guess its how you look at it. IMO he probably is in the top half of that 64 which IMO is saying he is a pretty good football player.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #62
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
I find it equally hilarious that McClain is just as awful against the run as Mays according to that link.

Aren't there posters here who still complain the FO didnt' sign him?

Dude you been here 10 years don't you know by now that the player is bad because he plays for another team and as soon as he is a Bronco he will automatically become an all pro.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote