The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #76
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
I have every single Broncos game this season on tape and I've watched all of them.

Please point to me what game, quarter and time he missed a tackle.
Julius Jones in the Atlanta game. Sure he made the tackle but it was past where he had to make it and the game was ended. What he needed to do was not hesitate so much break on the ball and trust his read. His awareness of the sticks was bad that play because giving up a long completion was the same result as a gain one inch past first down. There is an example of one play where he got credit for the tackle but that tells nothing about the result of the play which was game over.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #77
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Julius Jones in the Atlanta game. Sure he made the tackle but it was past where he had to make it and the game was ended. What he needed to do was not hesitate so much break on the ball and trust his read. His awareness of the sticks was bad that play because giving up a long completion was the same result as a gain one inch past first down. There is an example of one play where he got credit for the tackle but that tells nothing about the result of the play which was game over.
Well said
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #78
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
you can't be new to the forum with 2011 posts.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #79
Action

Quote:
Let's recap.

1. This thread is about Rahim Moore having 0 missed tackles.

2. I asked for a situation where Rahim Moore MISSED a tackle, "whiffed" a tackle.

3. You gave me a situation where he made the tackle.

4. The situation you gave me was BLOWN COVERAGE by Tony Carter. That play was well discussed on here, and it was quite obvious it wasn't Rahim Moore's fault. He was not responsible for that area of the field, on top of the fact that every WR was supposed to be man-pressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon
This thread is incontrovertible proof that a solid 25% of the people on the OM are mentally retarded.

Last edited by Action; 10-19-2012 at 04:33 PM..
Old 10-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #80
Action

Let me also add, that, unless you have the all-22 view, there is no way you could see that Rahim Moore hesitated on that play due to the fact that he was running towards Julio Jones as the ball was in the air.

Notice Tony Carter up there? Realizing he ****ed up? Doesn't matter though, people will just make stuff up about Rahim Moore and players they don't like.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #81
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Broncosteven - Adams is fine, Moore was a liability in the Patsy game but he has played a little better just not good enough to start.

Nwp-Apap - Wrong. Moore is much better than Adams, and has played that way in every game this year.

Gues this is like Miller Lite commercial...Tastes Great! Less Filling!

I'll just say that if our safeties are our team's leading tacklers, our defense needs a little help be it new blood or better play overall by the DL and LB's
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #82
jutang
Perennial Pro-bowler

I feel that more has improved significantly this year. He still has a lot to learn. He is not reached his potential at this point. Hopefully similar to Beadles he will have a breakout year by his third or fourth year.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #83
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Broncosteven - Adams is fine, Moore was a liability in the Patsy game but he has played a little better just not good enough to start.

Nwp-Apap - Wrong. Moore is much better than Adams, and has played that way in every game this year.

Gues this is like Miller Lite commercial...Tastes Great! Less Filling!

I'll just say that if our safeties are our team's leading tacklers, our defense needs a little help be it new blood or better play overall by the DL and LB's
I think Moore is going to be a solid starter/elite backup. Less than what was expected of him, but I think he'll be alright. Last year he was good against the pass and terrible against the run... he's obviously worked on his tackling, but he's not as good at coverage. Lets combine the two and he'll be good.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #84
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Let me also add, that, unless you have the all-22 view, there is no way you could see that Rahim Moore hesitated on that play due to the fact that he was running towards Julio Jones as the ball was in the air.

Notice Tony Carter up there? Realizing he ****ed up? Doesn't matter though, people will just make stuff up about Rahim Moore and players they don't like.
Like I said a good safety comes up and makes that tackle. Playing deep guarding the deep throw does you know good when the team needs 6 yards. I was showing you what a stupid stat 0 missed tackles is. That is as bad as guys saying DJ gets 150 tackles a year.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #85
teknic

Quote:
Like I said a good safety comes up and makes that tackle. Playing deep guarding the deep throw does you know good when the team needs 6 yards. I was showing you what a stupid stat 0 missed tackles is. That is as bad as guys saying DJ gets 150 tackles a year.
You're assuming that Jones was Moore's responsibility on that play in order to negatively grade him. I find that very unlikely. More likely that he was cleaning up for someone else's mistake.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #86
Action

Quote:
No, a GREAT safety POSSIBLY makes that play, not a "good" safety. You'd literally have to have either Ed Reed or Troy Polamolu running in on that play, and that COULD have had a chance assuming they read it correctly, etc...

You must be joking with thinking that missed tackles is a stupid stat...especially for a safety.

Missed tackles was one of the biggest plagues of the Broncos defense for like the last decade.

While I see what you're saying that tackles might not be the greatest stat, but there is a correct way to use that stat... it does show how often that the defender is around the ball regardless if it's on time or not.

Point in case, check the top 5 leaders in tackles in the NFL, and you have some of the top LB's in the league.

Last edited by Action; 10-19-2012 at 09:05 PM..