The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #26
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
The reason the fans are disgruntled isn't that they are 3-3,;as has been mentioned, the Chargers have been there, done that, recovered from worse. The problem is that they surrendered leads of 17 and 24 in back-to-back games. That has got to be cause for concern.
Not only that but look at all the talent they've had and nothing but a few division crowns to show for it. I'd be pissed if i was a Bolt fan...
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #27
milehighJC
Solid Starter

Quote:
Time to take a chill pill. No one knows what will happen this season, yet alone the next game. Thatís the beauty of the National Football League. I donít know, you donít know, no one knows whatís going to happen.

Its backwards and misspelled... should be "No one knows what will happen in the next game, LET alone this season."

He was drunk. And soon he will be unemployed. PR guys are supposed to clean up after idiotic statements like that screed, not make them.
milehighJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:55 AM   #28
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighJC View Post
Its backwards and misspelled... should be "No one knows what will happen in the next game, LET alone this season."

He was drunk. And soon he will be unemployed. PR guys are supposed to clean up after idiotic statements like that screed, not make them.
Unbelievable statement from a team who has been at the top of their division for some time and cannot fill the seats.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #29
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby

Better be careful. Next thing you know games might start getting blacked out.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #30
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Oh wow lol
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #31
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighJC View Post

He's probably got the most thankless job in Sandy Eggo anyway. It's his Swan Song man, he's outta here!

Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #32
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Broncos Fan View Post
I don't know how Norv Turner still has a job. The radio is pretty good to listen to. They even had trouble selling out that Monday night game, so I doubt they sell out again this year.
I heard 10k seats left for the Chiefs game (next home game). I wondered if the "Buy Broncos game and you must buy the Chiefs game" situation worked out or they had to release Broncos tickets when people weren't going for it.

I think the Director said a lot of truth in his statement and the season isn't over for them nor have we wrapped up the division. Would I have signed it as the Director of Public Relations? Probably not. It is common knowledge that the Chargers' fans panic like freaks. Best is when they put bags over their avatars on their forum websites and then they win 4 in a row to take the division. Pansy fans. SoCal get ready for more Broncos' football on local tv because SD will have blackouts.

Didnt the front office panic and kicked out Marty Ball? Wonder if the fans would love to go back to making the playoffs and then choking in the first round?

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 10-19-2012 at 09:06 AM..
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #33
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I am loving this. after we have been San Diego's b**** for to long. this yearr feels different for me as a fan. we got this
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #34
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Hah! They were up 24-0 and lost by double digits.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #35
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I heard 10k seats left for the Chiefs game (next home game). I wondered if the "Buy Broncos game and you must buy the Chiefs game" situation worked out or they had to release Broncos tickets when people weren't going for it.

I think the Director said a lot of truth in his statement and the season isn't over for them nor have we wrapped up the division. Would I have signed it as the Director of Public Relations? Probably not. It is common knowledge that the Chargers' fans panic like freaks. Best is when they put bags over their avatars on their forum websites and then they win 4 in a row to take the division. Pansy fans. SoCal get ready for more Broncos' football on local tv because SD will have blackouts.
Apropos of nothing..."they" say that people resemble their dogs. Do you look like a furry penis too?
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #36
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Haha, wow. That's embarrassing.

El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #37
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

This is gonna get ugly in San Diego. I'm actually enjoying this because this vindicates all the venom the fans have towards Norv and management.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #38
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
6 turnovers? I'm disowning him after the 4th one. I'm changing my name and moving to a different town after the 5th one. After number six, it's crotch punching time.

Philip probably wrote that letter.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #39
400HZ
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed Hochuli

It's two big collapses in two weeks, it's seeing what talented players we have misused, it's seeing some players who we thought were talented prove otherwise... it's a lot to process in only a few weeks. The long term outlook is not good, either. 1997 - 2003 is staring us in the face right now. I'm pissed about it, too.
400HZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #40
Agamemnon

What's funny is that most likely more Bronco fans read that than Charger fans, you know because there aren't any Charger fans...
Old 10-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #41
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post

This is gonna get ugly in San Diego. I'm actually enjoying this because this vindicates all the venom the fans have towards Norv and management.
The sparklers are moving to LA. You know it, and i know it.
The second that 2-NFL team stadium is built, the Spanos will "bolt" for LA faster than little phillip quivers can throw a pick.
I've got it on good account from LA council members that they already have a verbal deal with the Spanos. and the spanos even said they might be open to selling the team at that point to a owner that wants them in LA.
The sparklers are as good as gone......to LA that is.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #42
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This.

He's right in that they are a .500 football club and most of the season is yet to be played out. And the Chargers have come back before. So reminding people of this isn't a bad idea. But the Director of PR for the organization using words like "take a chill pill" is pretty inappropriate.

The other problem is the collapse does feel like it could send the team into a tailspin. You could see in the Charger's eyes they knew they were going to lose. Especially after the third TD. In fact after the fumble return for the TD, they were still up ten, and Rivers face looked like a man knowing he was staring at his doom. I don't know what his problem is, but he's lost confidence in himself. The team has lost confidence in themselves, and probably Norv. And AJ is the shot caller.

Can they turn it around? Yes. Does it feel like they are going to implode like a neutron star instead? Yes. And having the PR director for the team release a statement that reads like a Bill Paxton monologue from Aliens is bush league.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #43
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
The second that 2-NFL team stadium is built, the Spanos will "bolt" for LA faster than little phillip quivers can throw a pick.
I've got it on good account from LA council members that they already have a verbal deal with the Spanos. and the spanos even said they might be open to selling the team at that point to a owner that wants them in LA.
With the Murph falling apart and not able to host SB's anymore, it just seems like a foregone conclusion they're moving up the road. And if the Spanos do sell they are going to BANK.

LA Chargers

I do like the sound of it.

No two ****ing teams there. NO!
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #44
uplink
Ring of Famer

Peyton Manning is tearing this division apart. Still hard to believe we got this guy without giving up any players or draft picks. Look at what the Raiders gave up for Palmer who is nothing close to Manning.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #45
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
With the Murph falling apart and not able to host SB's anymore, it just seems like a foregone conclusion they're moving up the road. And if the Spanos do sell they are going to BANK.

LA Chargers

I do like the sound of it.

No two ****ing teams there. NO!
The act the prices they charge for some of those sightlines is criminal. They ould fix it u just by droping the field 3 feet or take out 5 rows in the field section and then bring the seats closer since no basebal is played there. It is pathetic and the metal they have in the north endzone reminds me of our South Stands minus the proper use of making noise with it. Only thing might be worse is a university of Miami football player committing a crime...just for you Maven.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #46
spiralism

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
The act the prices they charge for some of those sightlines is criminal. They ould fix it u just by droping the field 3 feet or take out 5 rows in the field section and then bring the seats closer since no basebal is played there. It is pathetic and the metal they have in the north endzone reminds me of our South Stands minus the proper use of making noise with it. Only thing might be worse is a university of Miami football player committing a crime...just for you Maven.
Wembley hosts NFL games and has obstructed view seats there, they just cover them with a tarp, saw it at the niners game two years back. Y'know, because they don't want to rip off the fans.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #47
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
That will fail. People in LA dont like the Chargers. IMO it will be the Jaguars or the Rams.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #48
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

If Spanos sells and it is the Chargers, I think they would scrap the name like the Ravens did and start over. People here hate the Chargers. Too many Raider fans left over and transplants from area not friendly to the Chargers. Fact is the whole region sees the Chargers as huge losers. It would be like trying to get excited about the Clippers moving back to San Deigo.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #49
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Closest parallel I can think of was the 1988 MNF disaster:

http://espn.go.com/abcsports/mnf/s/classic/laden88.html

Several similarities. Denver had a 24-point lead, at home, on Monday night, vs. division rival. The Raiders clicked on offense in the 2d half while their D intercepted Elway three times (and once more in OT to set up the game winning FG)

Hurt like hell. In some ways it was worse, because it dropped Denver to 1-3.

But what happened then?

Denver rebounded to win the next three in a row and finished the season 2d in the AFC West at 8-8 - a game ahead of the Raider team that swept them that year.

Reeves wasn't fired. Elway wasn't benched. No one hit the panic button and in 1989 Denver won the division again. In fact, they won the AFC title that season.

So, like several people mentioned above, this really shouldn't be a franchise-crushing event. I think the anger among SD fans has more to do with the feeling that the team has consistently underachieved for several seasons now relative to the fans' expectations.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #50
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Closest parallel I can think of was the 1988 MNF disaster:

http://espn.go.com/abcsports/mnf/s/classic/laden88.html

Several similarities. Denver had a 24-point lead, at home, on Monday night, vs. division rival. The Raiders clicked on offense in the 2d half while their D intercepted Elway three times (and once more in OT to set up the game winning FG)

Hurt like hell. In some ways it was worse, because it dropped Denver to 1-3.

But what happened then?

Denver rebounded to win the next three in a row and finished the season 2d in the AFC West at 8-8 - a game ahead of the Raider team that swept them that year.

Reeves wasn't fired. Elway wasn't benched. No one hit the panic button and in 1989 Denver won the division again. In fact, they won the AFC title that season.

So, like several people mentioned above, this really shouldn't be a franchise-crushing event. I think the anger among SD fans has more to do with the feeling that the team has consistently underachieved for several seasons now relative to the fans' expectations.
I remember that game my Raider fan brother mentioned this game reminded him of that one a little bit. But for Chargers its different. Rivers is no Elway and Turner has to go. Reeves really at some point had to go as well or the Broncos never win a Superbowl. Also Charger fans never loved the team like Bronco fans love theirs.