The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #51
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
He only missed 11 snaps the whole game... NO ONE GOT BENCHED
Mike Adams was benched for the rest of the quarter after the personal foul, the announcers even indicated it during the game.

After the foul, the Chargers ran 12 more plays before the half was over... Adams played 63/75 defensive snaps.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #52
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
I'm slowly starting to believe Rahim Moore is the new DJ Williams. No matter how good of a game he has.. It's never good enough. He has been our most solid safety so far, but he gets little credit. People said he was to small and couldn't hit... He hasn't missed a tackle yet and comes up to hit. Then it was he was lost in coverage, and he really hasn't been out of coverage. Now it's he doesn't get the turnover! I bet you he will end the season with at least 3 picks this season, but he just has to get more comfortable.
He has been solid, but he hasn't done anything yet. Once he gets that first pick people will give him more credit.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #53
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

Monday night in San Diego, Leonhard replaced starting strong safety Mike Adams for part of the second and third quarters. It was during that time Leonhard, all 5-foot-8 of him, wrestled a deep pass away from 6-4 tight end Antonio Gates.

Read more: Broncos' gamble on four free-agent keepers provides big payoffs - The
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ed-plenty-vets

END THREAD
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #54
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4Life View Post
Monday night in San Diego, Leonhard replaced starting strong safety Mike Adams for part of the second and third quarters. It was during that time Leonhard, all 5-foot-8 of him, wrestled a deep pass away from 6-4 tight end Antonio Gates.

Read more: Broncos' gamble on four free-agent keepers provides big payoffs - The
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ed-plenty-vets

END THREAD
There was only one guy arguing who Leonhard replaced despite all the evidence.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #55
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

lol broncossteven you should be a politician. hilarious
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #56
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Thomas Decoud has missed a tackle every 3.6 attempts, and Michael Griffin has missed one every 3.8 attempts. Rahim Moore perfect on 37 tckls

Steve Palazzolo
@draft_hub
Link?

Who is Steve Palazzolo? And why is his information correct? I have already documented missed tackles for Moore and I have only graded 2 games on him to date.

Very few players have no missed tackles, if at all, with that many chances. I do not trust non-football people with a stat like this becuase very often they do not understand the definition.

I want to review his claim.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #57
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

So, Steve Palazzolo is a multiple discipline Stats guy who writes for PFF. OK, now I go back and watch what I graded to see if he is full of it.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #58
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Ed Reed tackles people just by thinking about it.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #59
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Moore ...has played a little better just not good enough to start.
He's started all year. The coaches clearly aren't afraid to put him on the bench if his play isn't acceptable, so I'm not sure how you reconcile the fact that he is the starter with your above statement.

People on Moore's case are sniffing glue.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #60
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
He's started all year. The coaches clearly aren't afraid to put him on the bench if his play isn't acceptable, so I'm not sure how you reconcile the fact that he is the starter with your above statement.

I think people are let down by Moore because he was billed as a big play guy and ball hawk, which we have not seen to this point, for whatever reason. Be honest though, he ain't a pro bowler by any means but is rounding into a solid starter and seems to be trending up, not down.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #61
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post

Or, they actually know how to grade tape. Moore has not played at all like a starting safety in the NFL to date. Is he better than last year, maybe. He is a lot more careful and much more conservative. He has not given up a deep ball all year that I have seen, but he did seem to blow the coverage on the Gates TD up the seam when he got looked off and did not cover the deep middle in cover 3.

Just because he was in no position to play the ball, does not mean he did not blow the coverage. Hard to miss tackles too if your not where your supposed to be and can not even get to the ball carrier either.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #62
Agamemnon

This thread is incontrovertible proof that a solid 25% of the people on the OM are mentally retarded.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #63
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Link?

Who is Steve Palazzolo? And why is his information correct? I have already documented missed tackles for Moore and I have only graded 2 games on him to date.

Very few players have no missed tackles, if at all, with that many chances. I do not trust non-football people with a stat like this becuase very often they do not understand the definition.

I want to review his claim.
I have every single Broncos game this season on tape and I've watched all of them.

Please point to me what game, quarter and time he missed a tackle.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #64
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Or, they actually know how to grade tape. Moore has not played at all like a starting safety in the NFL to date. Is he better than last year, maybe. He is a lot more careful and much more conservative. He has not given up a deep ball all year that I have seen, but he did seem to blow the coverage on the Gates TD up the seam when he got looked off and did not cover the deep middle in cover 3.

Just because he was in no position to play the ball, does not mean he did not blow the coverage. Hard to miss tackles too if your not where your supposed to be and can not even get to the ball carrier either.
Grade tape?

What are your credentials? If he hasnt played like a starting safety, how is he still on the field? Do you have a real reason to dislike him or will it forever be "the dream" that puts your undies in a twist. Grade tape... lmfao
Old 10-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #65
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
This thread is incontrovertible proof that a solid 25% of the people on the OM are mentally retarded.
it's more than 25% and this was evident during the draft.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #66
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Gates is one of the best TEs in the league. What did he have 4 catches? and Adams tackled him right on the spot everytime. He was harrdly abused. He fought hard out there.
He had 6 catches and 2 TDs. EASILY his best game of the year. He had no TDs in their first 5 games.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #67
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
He had 6 catches and 2 TDs. EASILY his best game of the year. He had no TDs in their first 5 games.
Yeah but when you let teams start drives in the redzone it makes it tough to stop players like gates. Especially when Gates always gets up to play Denver. Often with great players you need chances to stop them all the way down the field. To be put in a situation where its stop the guy or he scores, and you have to do it at the very start of a drive, that is pretty tough to deal with.

How would you like to go up against someone like Gates when any pass you give up is probably a TD. That is why field position and not turning the ball over is so important.

If you played football you would know you can often do everything right, read the play, cover your man, be in good position, then a great throw negates all that and your guy catches the ball anyways. Coaches often dont deduct from your play in those situations. WHat they look for is players being where they are supposed to be, and making the plays they are supposed to make.

Not sure if any of gates TDS really on the man guarding him. They just couldnt make a play in a tough situation.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #68
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
He only missed 11 snaps the whole game... NO ONE GOT BENCHED
So he missed 11 snaps all game. I admit to being wrong for assuming he was benched but he missed about 10% of the game and it wasn't due to injury so he is either not in football shape or the staff does not feel confident with him not out there in certain situations.

Med knows more that I will ever know and he agrees with my take on Moore's play this year I am confident that what I see out of him is accurate and I will stand by it.

You guys happy now?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #69
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Yeah but when you let teams start drives in the redzone it makes it tough to stop players like gates. Especially when Gates always gets up to play Denver. Often with great players you need chances to stop them all the way down the field. To be put in a situation where its stop the guy or he scores, and you have to do it at the very start of a drive, that is pretty tough to deal with.

How would you like to go up against someone like Gates when any pass you give up is probably a TD. That is why field position and not turning the ball over is so important.

If you played football you would know you can often do everything right, read the play, cover your man, be in good position, then a great throw negates all that and your guy catches the ball anyways. Coaches often dont deduct from your play in those situations. WHat they look for is players being where they are supposed to be, and making the plays they are supposed to make.

Not sure if any of gates TDS really on the man guarding him. They just couldnt make a play in a tough situation.
I agree the turnovers put the defense in a tough position, but Gates was able to get 2-3 yards of separation from Adams at will. It's the reason (IMO) that Adams snapped towards the end of the half. Adams has had trouble covering almost every TE he has been asked to cover - its not just Gates in the redzone after a turnover.

Adams did a good job recovering and making the tackle but my god Gates was open by 2-3 yards on almost every catch he made.

His second TD I dont think Adams was even on the field - pretty sure he had been yanked at that point and that one was on Leonhard/Moore, but that first TD was absolutely embarrassing for Adams.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #70
swaiy

Quote:
So he missed 11 snaps all game. I admit to being wrong for assuming he was benched but he missed about 10% of the game and it wasn't due to injury so he is either not in football shape or the staff does not feel confident with him not out there in certain situations.

Med knows more that I will ever know and he agrees with my take on Moore's play this year I am confident that what I see out of him is accurate and I will stand by it.

You guys happy now?
Adams missed 11 snaps... not Moore.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #71
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
lol broncossteven you should be a politician. hilarious
I recently joined the board for the friends of our local library, does that count cause I have been pretty good at it so far.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #72
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
Grade tape?

What are your credentials? If he hasnt played like a starting safety, how is he still on the field? Do you have a real reason to dislike him or will it forever be "the dream" that puts your undies in a twist. Grade tape... lmfao
If I remember right Med does consulting work and rehab for NFL teams.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #73
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Adams missed 11 snaps... not Moore.
Hard to pick him out when Leonhard, Carter, Champ, Harris and even Adams are making plays. Moore was like a ghost to me.

Maybe I would remember him more if he defensed a pass every now and then but there is that blown coverage to Gates that you can prove to me when he was on the field.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #74
swaiy

Quote:
Hard to pick him out when Leonhard, Carter, Champ, Harris and even Adams are making plays. Moore was like a ghost to me.

Maybe I would remember him more if he defensed a pass every now and then but there is that blown coverage to Gates that you can prove to me when he was on the field.
Honestly, i was just helping you get your facts straight before someone that cares enough to call you on it arrives. You see what you want. I remember Moore making a few important plays that game. They werent flashy interceptions but he MADE tackles that youve repeatedly said he has missed to stop huge gains.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #75
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Honestly, i was just helping you get your facts straight before someone that cares enough to call you on it arrives. You see what you want. I remember Moore making a few important plays that game. They werent flashy interceptions but he MADE tackles that youve repeatedly said he has missed to stop huge gains.
I don't remember criticizing his tackling, my problem is people blowing smoke up his ass like he is the 2nd coming of Atwater. Dude has a way to go to be a complete safety. You have to expect an NFL Starting safety to make tackles they are the last level of defense.

BTW I am already getting called on my mistake. Problem is I wouldn't have made that mistake if he wasn't getting out played by a slow aged backup we just picked up this year. With Carter on IR Moore is the now the weak link in the secondary.

I hope the kid gets better, I like it when we have quality starters that don't suck. He has shown improvement but it is not like he deserves a props thread for tackling.