The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Awesome Fantasy Football Things

When the guy that starts the season talking **** about your team for whatever reason is now 1-5 in a $300 league.

When your co-worker talks trash all week, then plays GB D Vs Drew Brees (Your QB), scores -1, and loses to you by 2.

Playing Christian Ponder when Brees is on a bye and being the high scorer by 25 points.

What about you guys?
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

The worst for me so far is Rodgers going for 50 points. I had that week in the bag leading by 20 something points and had Foster running that night against his Rodgers, but that ****er went for 50. Unreal.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:06 AM   #3
extralife
Ring of Famer

absolutely no one in the world cares about what happens in your fantasy league. this is an immutable rule.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:40 AM   #4
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
The worst for me so far is Rodgers going for 50 points. I had that week in the bag leading by 20 something points and had Foster running that night against his Rodgers, but that ****er went for 50. Unreal.
That happened in my league and to my Bro in another league.

BTW **** Harbaugh for costing me a safety.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:00 AM   #5
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
This. Exactly this.
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:58 AM   #6
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Me having Phylis as my fantasy QB.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:45 AM   #7
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
Me having Phylis as my fantasy QB.
Probably better then J Cutty
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:35 AM   #8
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Probably better then J Cutty
Worse than just having JC, I made him a keeper (15th round). Could have kept, McGahee or Reggie Bush or even DT. FML. Thought Cutler would do a lot better with BMarsh and Forte catching his normal 60-70 balls.

Cool things though, winning only two games and winning high week prize for both weeks which is currently up to $28 per week and will likely go up to around $35. One more high week and I will at least break even for my luxury tax and FA signings! Need to place top three to come out ahead!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #9
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Glad to see others having the same confusing problems this year. Worst year I've ever had. In one league where I've been lucky to squeak out 2 wins because others having the same year, I'm finally smart enough to sit Eli Manning and start Andy Dalton who got more than double what Manning got, but finally sitting Jordy Nelson who has less pts than my kicker for the season and he gets more pts than the QB's....and I lose by 3 pts. And then there's a money league where I'm 0-5 and have lost by a total of 9 pts combined for the last 3 weeks while some unknown player sits on my bench scoring a ton of pts.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:49 AM   #10
spiralism

Quote:
Seconded. So ****ing mad
Old 10-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #11
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Glad to see others having the same confusing problems this year. Worst year I've ever had. In one league where I've been lucky to squeak out 2 wins because others having the same year, I'm finally smart enough to sit Eli Manning and start Andy Dalton who got more than double what Manning got, but finally sitting Jordy Nelson who has less pts than my kicker for the season and he gets more pts than the QB's....and I lose by 3 pts. And then there's a money league where I'm 0-5 and have lost by a total of 9 pts combined for the last 3 weeks while some unknown player sits on my bench scoring a ton of pts.
This past week was a blessing for a change. Having Jordy Nelson helped with 30 points. Bears were on the bye week so i was forced to start the Broncos D. They got me 29 points while Decker got me an extra 15. I was high scorer in my league with 137 points total
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #12
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Having an awesome bench.

Then trading RG3, McGahee, and Maclin for Calvin and Andre. Then trading Vick, Torrey Smith, Jordy Nelson for Matt Ryan and Pierre Thomas. Then trading Andre and Thomas for Julio. Now this is my starting lineup.

Matt Ryan
Lesean McCoy
Trent Richardson
Calvin Johnson
Julio Jones
Jimmy Graham

Scoring 184 then 196 then taking a dump and limping for 91.

Beating condia on fanduel by holding off Chaz Schillens on Monday Night. Who the **** starts Chaz Schillens? Condia does.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #13
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

These are a few things I went through in the past. I'm in a keeper league, in our 13th season and I've had a lot of success but...

Lost a championship because I started Billy Volek (who was on fire) over Brett Favre (who always sucked @ Minnesota). Their point differential was the difference in my game's outcome.

Lost a championship because Maurice Jones-Drew went down untouched, got up and went for an 80 yard TD run. Of all the disciplined team's he was playing against, it was Belichick's Patriots D that had a brain fart. I still had a chance that game with Wes Welker (then with Miami) only needing a few points and there was a monsoon in South Florida. I can't remember if he even had a catch.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:03 AM   #14
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
absolutely no one in the world cares about what happens in your fantasy league. this is an immutable rule.
True, unless the same thing happened to them... Let those unexpectedly burned by Rodgers recently band together in there fantasy fury and strike fear into the hearts of their opponents seeking revenge.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:04 AM   #15
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
this.

Fantasy football is something that everyone likes talking about, but no one likes listening about.

I've been doing this for well over a decade, stated a few leagues, won some championships, but I think I might retire after this season.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #16
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Having an awesome bench.

Then trading RG3, McGahee, and Maclin for Calvin and Andre. Then trading Vick, Torrey Smith, Jordy Nelson for Matt Ryan and Pierre Thomas. Then trading Andre and Thomas for Julio. Now this is my starting lineup.

Matt Ryan
Lesean McCoy
Trent Richardson
Calvin Johnson
Julio Jones
Jimmy Graham

Beating condia on fanduel by holding off Chaz Schillens on Monday Night. Who the **** starts Chaz Schillens? Condia does.
Andre Johnson has gotten me over 10 points like once or twice...been pretty disappointed with him so far. 184 and 196 points, my god...you either have the best fantasy team ever or they do the points different...
Old 10-19-2012, 07:34 AM   #17
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Andre Johnson has gotten me over 10 points like once or twice...been pretty disappointed with him so far. 184 and 196 points, my god...you either have the best fantasy team ever or they do the points different...
That was one of those "buy low" moments where Julio hadn't done well while Roddy was blowing up. The Julio owner was pissed at him, looked for a trade partner, I offered up Andre, he countered with Calvin for Julio, then I countered with Andre and Pierre, reminded him how weak he is at RB, and he accepted. That was fun.

It's the orangemane 3 league. In that we start 10 players instead of 9, and 1 point ppr. So yeah, it is weighted a bit towards scoring more.

Last edited by spdirty; 10-19-2012 at 07:37 AM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #18
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

My brother actually lost 1 game this season on the awful call to end the Monday night game in Seattle. He had GB DEF left and the points GB gave up on the hail mary cost his team -3 points and he lost by .5. Worst part about it was the extra point they waited like 20 minutes to kick at the end of regulation actually triggered the -3. So he had to sit up and wait to see if they were going to kick it or not.

Then he lost last week by less than a touchdown. Who was his WR on Monday night? Eric Decker.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #19
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Picking Dalton off the waiver wire and Sitting Cutler has been money for me.

Picking up Ramses Barden for his monster game a few weeks back and then driopping him.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #20
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
This is so true.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #21
Anikai
PUP List

Champ Bailey's Beard

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Still getting the points for yards when Thomas fumbled all those times....Im 6-0 and have had high score 2 weeks in a row.
Anikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #22
Frisian
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I lost by two points last week, because Decker tripped over his own feet!
Frisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #23
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Picking Dalton off the waiver wire and Sitting Cutler has been money for me.

Picking up Ramses Barden for his monster game a few weeks back and then driopping him.
I finally had enough of Romo. Dropped him and picked up Luck.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #24
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
This is so true.
Doesn't explain why you are reading and posting in a clearly marked fantasy football thread, though.
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #25
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Having an awesome bench.

Matt Ryan
Lesean McCoy
Trent Richardson
Calvin Johnson
Julio Jones
Jimmy Graham

who trades Calvin Johnson. Who would trade Julio for what you gave up? Not in the leagues I play in that is for sure.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote