The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #26
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I think what you are seeing is the coaching catching up. He may be a little slow like you said, but its because hes trying to read the play before he just turns on the burners and runs himself the wrong direction, or gets out of position.

On a few plays though he came up hard and stopped some plays that he would not have done last yr.

Too bad about Quenton Carter. Would have been huge to have both of them learning together instead of a journeyman like Adams back there. Oh well maybe next yr.
I agree and really, if we can be totally honest, quite possibly besides the fact of a rookies coming into the NFL and adjusting to the speed of the game, the next hardest thing is to learn the new offense or defense. We've had so much turnover for the longest time, especially on defense. Hopefully JDR stays for several years and our young players, hell even our vets, can gel together better. Because while you still need talent, playing together as a unit and being on the same page is so under estimated. People are just so quick to say this player is not doing this or that. In some cases, you can clearly see fundamental flaws, such as Mays over pursuing and taking bad angles but there is a disconnect when you have the kind of coaching turnover we've had.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #27
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i still wonder how much his progression was slowed by that hit and fine last season. he just seemed to fall off a cliff after that. he was doing so well before then.

he's improving greatly each week but it's kinda frustrating to not see him getting picks since he was a ball hawking FS in college(though if the trade off is much better tackling i can deal with it).
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #28
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
Totally agree - Mike Adams sucks. Was going to add him to my avatar after Gates abused him.

The difference is Adams is a journeyman placeholder while Moore is supposed to be our future at the position. He is definitely improving - hopeful he can become a difference maker in our secondary.
Gates is one of the best TEs in the league. What did he have 4 catches? and Adams tackled him right on the spot everytime. He was harrdly abused. He fought hard out there.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #29
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I know I meant he is good depth but should not be a starter. I don't see what everyone sees in this guy. Terrible in run support, wiffs on tackles and can't cover.
Please adjust your TV to 2012.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #30
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoor_miner View Post
- See Thread Title?

I know but he didn't play the full game!!! I have seen him falling off tackles like a rag doll in games all year.

This stat is skewed because he had a fraction of the playing time.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #31
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
Moore is far better than Adams could ever be. Good to see him "getting" it this year.
I don't see it. I think Adams is our best Safety so far this year. I thought our D got better and we totally confused Rivers AFTER Moore got benched and slow honkey Leonhard came in.

I don't think he is a Marquand (SP) Manual bad but I don't think he is a quality NFL safety.

Safeties are supposed to tackle.

Is this thread an inside joke kind of thing where during the bye week you guys are doing Raheem is the Dreem (intentional) thread?
Old 10-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #32
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I know but he didn't play the full game!!! I have seen him falling off tackles like a rag doll in games all year.

This stat is skewed because he had a fraction of the playing time.
Rahim Moore has been in on 98% of the Broncos' defensive snaps. That's more than anyone else.

At some point, maybe you should just stop.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #33
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I don't see it. I think Adams is our best Safety so far this year. I thought our D got better and we totally confused Rivers AFTER Moore got benched and slow honkey Leonhard came in.

I don't think he is a Marquand (SP) Manual bad but I don't think he is a quality NFL safety.

Safeties are supposed to tackle.

Is this thread an inside joke kind of thing where during the bye week you guys are doing Raheem is the Dreem (intentional) thread?
Perhaps you do not know which player is which. Moore played every single snap against the Chargers.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #34
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Perhaps you do not know which player is which. Moore played every single snap against the Chargers.
I am pretty sure even Kahn said he got benched after the personal foul. We must have been playing 3 safety sets all night or they put Leonhard in the nickel but I don't remember Leonhard being out there until after the PF.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #35
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Moore has been the opposite of what I expected. In college he had a good number of interceptions (led the nation in 2009 with 10). I thought he'd be a good safety in coverage and not so much of a tackler.

So far he's been a good tackler and we're still waiting for his first pick. I agree he is improved this year.
titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #36
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Too bad Ty Warren was hurt early...this would be a killer Defense.
We got 4 plays out of him why the complaints?
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #37
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
I am pretty sure even Kahn said he got benched after the personal foul. We must have been playing 3 safety sets all night or they put Leonhard in the nickel but I don't remember Leonhard being out there until after the PF.
The real question was did you watch the game. Go look at boxscore and see what safety got the PF.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #38
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

why is it an issue? Adams got a personal foul for throwing some potential hay makers at Antonio Gates.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #39
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
The real question was did you watch the game. Go look at boxscore and see what safety got the PF.
I didn't say he caused the PF just that he got benched for Leonhard after it, or they decided to play 3 safety sets or had Leonhard in the nickel, even though Carter played a lot also.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:11 PM   #40
Victor
The Dude Abides

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Moore is getting better Better than what? Dude is bad. You can't polish a turd.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #41
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
Moore is getting better Better than what? Dude is bad. You can't polish a turd.
Finally a voice of reason!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #42
Agamemnon

The inability of many on this board to make the simplest assessments of player performance never ceases to astound. Rahim Moore is a much improved player this year. And he certainly isn't a "turd".
Old 10-18-2012, 08:03 PM   #43
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
The inability of many on this board to make the simplest assessments of player performance never ceases to astound. Rahim Moore is a much improved player this year. And he certainly isn't a "turd".
Nope, he sucks. Even though he has played 98% of the defensive snaps, he was benched. He whiffs on so many tackles that the first post was a lie. No way he has improved from last year even though he is consistently saving the linebackers' asses when they cant bring down the runningbacks making it to the second level. My God he sucks so bad.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #44
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
This whole defense is faster than last year plus their is a lot of young talent. This is good.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #45
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
I didn't say he caused the PF just that he got benched for Leonhard after it, or they decided to play 3 safety sets or had Leonhard in the nickel, even though Carter played a lot also.
Did Moore get benched or Adams? Seemed to me it was Adams but all three played in the game quite a bit after.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #46
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I don't know what to tell you. Moore played 79 out of 79 snaps, the same as Champ. Harris played 78, Adams played 67, Carter played 41 and Leonhard played 37.

If anyone got benched, it wasn't Moore.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #47
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Did Moore get benched or Adams? Seemed to me it was Adams but all three played in the game quite a bit after.
It was Adams who got benched.
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #48
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
I don't know what to tell you. Moore played 79 out of 79 snaps, the same as Champ. Harris played 78, Adams played 67, Carter played 41 and Leonhard played 37.

If anyone got benched, it wasn't Moore.
I was going to rewatch this one anyway.

To get back on topic Moore is improved over last year but he still has a long way to go to be a complete safety. He is the weak link in the secondary as far as coverage.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #49
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolad View Post
It was Adams who got benched.
He only missed 11 snaps the whole game... NO ONE GOT BENCHED
Old 10-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #50
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

I'm slowly starting to believe Rahim Moore is the new DJ Williams. No matter how good of a game he has.. It's never good enough. He has been our most solid safety so far, but he gets little credit. People said he was to small and couldn't hit... He hasn't missed a tackle yet and comes up to hit. Then it was he was lost in coverage, and he really hasn't been out of coverage. Now it's he doesn't get the turnover! I bet you he will end the season with at least 3 picks this season, but he just has to get more comfortable.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote