The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #26
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
They brought porter in at a hefty price which tells me they couldnt count on harris being the starter. Only a dope would compare Champ to Harris.
They brought Porter in for 1 year, which to me says, they liked Harris and Carter but didn't think they were ready to start. I really don't understand the notion of mocing a corner to safety when they are still working out as a corner.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #27
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
So you need to be Champ or Revis to play corner now?

And Chris Harris is a physical athletic corner.

I'm not entertaining this thread any more... Chris Harris will never move to safety unless every single one gets injured.
oh man...i was going to post but then realized that this guy left...now this thread is unofficial
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #28
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Exactly. I really wonder what some of these people do in their daily lives.

Someone is excelling at what they do and you want to completely change what they do. Harris is a cornerback that excels in physical man to man coverage. He hasn't been playing the technique of safeties at all in the NFL, and people want to talk about moving him there?

It's just disgusting some of the thoughts people have on here.
It's an opinion about a football player playing football - I think the word disgusting is definitely not the correct word you were after. Frustrating maybe is something more to the liken.

I for one would like to see Harris get some "time" at SS. I love him in the slot right now but he's not the starter, Porter is. He comes in in nickel and dime defenses. I'd like to see him get some reps at SS just to get on the field more and to see how he does there. He can still play dime/nickel CB.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #29
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
They brought Porter in for 1 year, which to me says, they liked Harris and Carter but didn't think they were ready to start. I really don't understand the notion of mocing a corner to safety when they are still working out as a corner.
I got to think Harris has better long term potential at Safety then Corner based on his body and athleticism. He's not a 4.4 guy and I bet he's barely 4.5. they should look into this offseason

Last edited by fwf; 10-18-2012 at 01:37 PM..
Old 10-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #30
Drunken.Broncoholic

Pure starting CB is a more important position than safety. 3rd CB not as much. Safeties who are used in packages that turn them into situational nickel CBs are pretty dam impactful. Just look at how polomalu and Woodson are used. Having said that, Harris is neither of those guys and should stay in the position he's progressing at now.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #31
Drek
Ring of Famer

Problems with this plan:

1. Harris is a good tackler for a corner, he'd be average for a safety and isn't big enough to consistently hold up between the tackles. What do you think a quality FB would do to the kid?

2. Nickel corner is a pretty high value tackling position as well, FYI, which is why everyone noticed Harris' tackling skills in the first place. A lot of times the nickel corner has first crack at the RB on running plays out of spread looks.

3. The nickel corner blitz has been one of the few very successful blitz packages we've been able to run. A big part of that probably comes from Harris being in that role. We shouldn't be dicking with one of the few ways we've found to hit opposing QBs.

4. Harris has the speed and quickness to hang with quality slot WRs. That is already incredibly valuable in the slot, and bodes well for his eventual transition to the wing as a full time starting CB. The value of those tools is only reduced by moving him to safety.

5. Harris jams better than every CB on our team not named Champ. Pretty damn important tool for a nickel CB to have, not nearly as vital for a safety.

All in all, it's putting a square peg into a round hole just because it fits that round hole better than all your undersized round pegs. The solution isn't jamming him into a worse spot for him, it's getting more high quality square pegs.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #32
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I got to think Harris has better long term potential at Safety then Corner based on his body and athleticism. He's not a 4.4 guy and I bet he's barely 4.5. they should look into this offseason
He actually ran a 4.48, so yeah, he's a 4.4 guy and comparable to most starting CBs in the NFL.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #33
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
He actually ran a 4.48, so yeah, he's a 4.4 guy and comparable to most starting CBs in the NFL.
Nah he aint as fast as most corners. Not game speed fast at least. I get what youre saying, but long term, i think he would serve us better at safety. Theres a reason he wasnt drafted and wasnt invited to the combine. Its bc the measurables arent there. Most legit CB cant fake it thou and have the measurables. We got a steal bc Harris is football player with great instincts and toughness. Not to mention a hell of a tackler. I vote safety, but thats just my opinion
Old 10-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #34
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Harris is one of my favorite players to watch on the team, I think he's gonna continue to grow as a CB but if he's moved to S I expect the same growth out of him. Good, underrated player.
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #35
KS Bronco
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steven Johnson

manning is playing well at qb, lets move him to mlb
KS Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #36
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

This idea is as smart as my old idea of moving Tim Tebow to OLB back in 2010 when Dumervil got injured.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #37
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Porter would play CB, Harris SS, and Bolden can play the slot...or shoudl I be considered an idiot by the likes of the all knowledgable Action?
No one can match his knowledge! My hope would be Carter could be used to shadow and follow opposing TEs. I was wrong about Carter, kid can play. I'm not sold on giving Bolden playing time just yet.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #38
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
This idea is as smart as my old idea of moving Tim Tebow to OLB back in 2010 when Dumervil got injured.
Holy **** I think I remember that.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #39
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Nah he aint as fast as most corners. Not game speed fast at least. I get what youre saying, but long term, i think he would serve us better at safety. Theres a reason he wasnt drafted and wasnt invited to the combine. Its bc the measurables arent there. Most legit CB cant fake it thou and have the measurables. We got a steal bc Harris is football player with great instincts and toughness. Not to mention a hell of a tackler. I vote safety, but thats just my opinion
So why weren't Foster, Smith and others drafted Lots of good players go undrafted, it isn't a perfect science. Your theory makes no sense and frankly sucks. He is a good CB don't move him, get better safeties.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #40
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Cornerback is a much higher priority position than safety, if he is a good corner he has to stay there.
I agree with this but if moving him to Safety means Denver can move Carter to slot this might work out pretty well. It would most assurdly be a faster unit that what is on the field now.

Last edited by Bacchus; 10-18-2012 at 04:24 PM..
Old 10-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #41
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
He may not have the prototypical speed for a corner, but he has really good coverage skills. I think unless the team has someone who can be an upgrade from him, it makes no sense to switch his position.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #42
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Holy **** I think I remember that.
Of course unlike this guy,

I wasnt serious.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #43
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
Typical Mane thoughts. Dude is a second year player playing great at CB yet we already are talking about moving him to safety
i agree, but in fairness... have you seen Mike Adams at SS?
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #44
Action

Tony Carter is an outside corner, not an inside. Tony Carter has ONLY played the outside corner position this season and he's stayed there.

When Harris was out, on passing downs Porter moved inside and Carter came in on the outside. When Porter was out, on passing downs, Harris moved to the inside and Carter came in on the outside.

Last edited by Action; 10-18-2012 at 04:39 PM..
Old 10-18-2012, 04:39 PM   #45
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Tony Carter is an outside corner, not an inside...
Are you lost?
Old 10-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #46
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Are you lost?
... what?

Clarify.

Last edited by Action; 10-18-2012 at 04:44 PM..
Old 10-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #47
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
... what?

Clarify.
Quote:
So you need to be Champ or Revis to play corner now?

And Chris Harris is a physical athletic corner.

I'm not entertaining this thread any more
... Chris Harris will never move to safety unless every single one gets injured.
I guess so...
Old 10-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #48
Action

Quote:
I guess so...
Nice try at that save. But you failed miserably.

I think you actually thought that Tony Carter played inside corner. That's what took you so long to respond. You realized you had no idea that Tony Carter in fact only plays outside corner.

Your response makes no sense, what does me being lost have to do with me saying I'm not entertaining this thread anymore?

Why would you come at me with a question of me being lost when I said nothing in direction to anyone really, and I was just making a clarification of Tony Carters position? People should try and pay attention next time he's on the field.

And for the record, I was done with entertaining Chris Harris being as safety.

EDIT
I see, you suggested that Tony Carter should be used to shadow opposing TE's, thus suggesting he should play inside. And you felt offended I said he only plays outside.

Makes sense, you had no idea he only played outside corner so you had to make a save on your remark of me being lost. It's ok, we're all wrong sometimes. Some more than others

Last edited by Action; 10-18-2012 at 05:00 PM..
Old 10-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #49
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Nice try at that save. But you failed miserably.

I think you actually thought that Tony Carter played inside corner. That's what took you so long to respond. You realized you had no idea that Tony Carter in fact only plays outside corner.

Your response makes no sense, what does me being lost have to do with me saying I'm not entertaining this thread anymore?

Why would you come at me with a question of me being lost when I said nothing in direction to anyone really, and I was just making a clarification of Tony Carters position? People should try and pay attention next time he's on the field.

And for the record, I was done with entertaining Chris Harris being as safety.

EDIT
I see, you suggested that Tony Carter should be used to shadow opposing TE's, thus suggesting he should play inside. And you felt offended I said he only plays outside.

Makes sense, you had no idea he only played outside corner so you had to make a save on your remark of me being lost. It's ok, we're all wrong sometimes. Some more than others
Quote:
Neither Carter or Porter can play slot very well. It's a bad idea for that reason.
Post 23 Dumbass.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #50
Drunken.Broncoholic

Actually DBlife was never responding to the outside inside arguement. His first response asked if you were lost, meaning he's asking why you made it a point to announce a departure in this thread. Then a while later posting right back in it.