The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 10:00 AM   #51
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I'm anxious to have DJ back. I hope this has been a wake up call. You always want the best for people and I hope he takes advantage of the second chance, if the Broncos give him one, and he can turn his life around.

Some people love to see people fail. I love to see people succeed. Hopefully, DJ will get this **** together and solidiy the LBing corps!!!
the problem is it is not his second chance that was after his FIRST DUI when they stripped him of his captain status..

While I do not remember him being involved directly with Darrents death, if that was not a another wake up call not sure what lightning bolt needs to hit him..

then he had the second DUI arrest, the failing of the drug test and then the really stupid posting his play book on line with some kind of commentary about him having to learn a new position again..

Looks to me like he has had more than FIVE we know about wake up calls..

God only knows how many sit downs with Mikey, Josh and now Fox/JDR about his attitude or playing..

Unless he becomes the seconding coming of Dick Butkus over those last 6 games his ass is on the street next year.. I doubt that he has any trade value now that Mc Millian is no longer in the NFL..

SO IF he plays at all this year get your Bromance done..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #52
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Gene helping John figure out FA

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,675

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I would leave Mays on the sideline and keep Brooking starting. I would also replace Woodyard with DJ if in these three 3 weeks of practice DJ shows better.
I like Socal's (I think it was his idea, could have been Rev but he hates DJ) of moving DJ to MLB on 3rd down and confusing O's on whether Miller is blitzing or dropping in coverage.

If Brooking gets hurt I would have them play DJ at Mike and bring Woodyard back in at Will before I ever thought of putting Mays on the field. I think Woodyard is great depth but he should not be a starter.

I don't see how Mays doesn't get cut this year unless he gains 40-50lbs and moves to DT.
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #53
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Gene helping John figure out FA

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,675

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
the problem is it is not his second chance that was after his FIRST DUI when they stripped him of his captain status..

While I do not remember him being involved directly with Darrents death, if that was not a another wake up call not sure what lightning bolt needs to hit him..

then he had the second DUI arrest, the failing of the drug test and then the really stupid posting his play book on line with some kind of commentary about him having to learn a new position again..

Looks to me like he has had more than FIVE we know about wake up calls..

God only knows how many sit downs with Mikey, Josh and now Fox/JDR about his attitude or playing..

Unless he becomes the seconding coming of Dick Butkus over those last 6 games his ass is on the street next year.. I doubt that he has any trade value now that Mc Millian is no longer in the NFL..

SO IF he plays at all this year get your Bromance done..
There is an argument that he could/should be suspended for life from the NFL for all the above. I think his next **** up he gets a full year.
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #54
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I like Socal's (I think it was his idea, could have been Rev but he hates DJ) of moving DJ to MLB on 3rd down and confusing O's on whether Miller is blitzing or dropping in coverage.

If Brooking gets hurt I would have them play DJ at Mike and bring Woodyard back in at Will before I ever thought of putting Mays on the field. I think Woodyard is great depth but he should not be a starter.

I don't see how Mays doesn't get cut this year unless he gains 40-50lbs and moves to DT.
Snapshot: Run Stop Percentage, Linebackers
Quote:
Wesley Woodyard among the leaders in RSP (eighth-best, at 13.5%).
Code:
Rank	Name Team	Run Snaps	Tackles	Assists Missed Tackles	Stops  %
1	Mason Foster	TB	107	20	2	1	18	16.8
2	DerrickJohnson	KC	141	29	4	1	22	15.6
3	Bobby Wagner	SEA	112	27	7	1	17	15.2
4	Erin Henderson	MIN	86	15	3	0	13	15.1
5	NaVorro Bowman	SF	139	30	13	1	20	14.4
6	Lavonte David	TB	111	21	6	1	16	14.4
7	Karlos Dansby	MIA	132	22	8	0	18	13.6
8	Wesley Woodyard	DEN	126	22	3	2	17	13.5
9	Lance Briggs	CHI	83	13	0	1	11	13.3
10	Bryan Scott	BUF	70	10	3	0	9	12.9
11	Larry Foote	PIT	110	20	1	1	14	12.7
12	Colin McCarthy	TEN	56	7	0	1	7	12.5
13	A.J. Hawk	GB	130	21	7	2	16	12.3
14	Brian Cushing	HST	81	16	3	0	10	12.3
15	DeMeco Ryans	PHI	147	24	7	0	18	12.2
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...e-linebackers/

Just who do you think should be starting? this should be good..

Last edited by lonestar; 10-18-2012 at 10:17 PM..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #55
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
There is an argument that he could/should be suspended for life from the NFL for all the above. I think his next **** up he gets a full year.
Considering what a tool he has been since getting the new contract a few years ago .. I just do not understand what people see in the dumb ass..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #56
orangemonkey
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 900
Default

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...ys-home-arrest

Williams gets 30 days home arrest but doesn't have to start serving until after the Super Bowl. Judge must be a Broncos fan. Nice!
orangemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #57
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,348

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

I wonder if he's working out at Dove Valley. I hope he's trying to get in shape.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #58
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Gene helping John figure out FA

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,675

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I wonder if he's working out at Dove Valley. I hope he's trying to get in shape.
He was back at the faculty last week.
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #59
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,109
Default

So does the bye week count or no?
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #60
menonite
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
So does the bye week count or no?
I don't believe so, no.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:39 PM   #61
Aftermath
Creep
 
Aftermath's Avatar
 
Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Dirty Glove
Posts: 793

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Kinda...one implies that he was following is dog around with a bag. The other means he's a savy internet shopper.
Quoted for the WIN
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #62
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 
Fun at the range MAR 2014

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,244

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
So does the bye week count or no?
Probably not but it's another week of learning the system and another week of getting in shape.

I know "game" shape is a little different then "practice" shape but I don't think it's like it used to be. Players train much now in the offseason and so they're not nearly as out of game shape as players were in the past. Several players that were dinged up on other teams during training camp and preseason came in week 1 and didn't show any signs of being out of shape. When we played the Steelers, Wallace didn't show any signs of being out of shape and that was at a mile high. I don't think DJ will be out of shape. He'll be ready to go when he's allowed to play. I look forward to hearing some articles on how things are going for him during practice, when that happens.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #63
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Probably not but it's another week of learning the system and another week of getting in shape.

I know "game" shape is a little different then "practice" shape but I don't think it's like it used to be. Players train much now in the offseason and so they're not nearly as out of game shape as players were in the past. Several players that were dinged up on other teams during training camp and preseason came in week 1 and didn't show any signs of being out of shape. When we played the Steelers, Wallace didn't show any signs of being out of shape and that was at a mile high. I don't think DJ will be out of shape. He'll be ready to go when he's allowed to play. I look forward to hearing some articles on how things are going for him during practice, when that happens.
He'll be a good addition because who knows how long Brooking will hold up. DJ comes in fresh playing for his football life. Brooking goes back to role plarer or takes over Woodyard's position. WIN WIN.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #64
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,867

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Keep Woodyard on the field he is having a great season.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #65
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,733
Default

Woodyard is playing well, and we've had flashes from some of the younger guys, but it's VERY obvious that Joe Mays is NOT a good MLB. Yes, when he is in position to make a hit there are very few players who hit as hard as he does. But he's one dimensional in that way, and i'm sure most people here understand that. Then you have Brooking. I honestly think even at his age he's a step up from Mays. Like it has been said, Brooking is not going to be able to do it all season. Enter DJ. I don't understand why people think he can't come in and contribute. Granted, he's never been the superstar we hoped he would be but as a MLB he was LIGHT YEARS ahead of Joe Mays. Energy, experience, athleticism, hard hitter, put him in! His problems have been off the field, not on the field, and not in the locker room. Put. Him. In. ...when he's eligible.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #66
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
Woodyard is playing well, and we've had flashes from some of the younger guys, but it's VERY obvious that Joe Mays is NOT a good MLB. Yes, when he is in position to make a hit there are very few players who hit as hard as he does. But he's one dimensional in that way, and i'm sure most people here understand that. Then you have Brooking. I honestly think even at his age he's a step up from Mays. Like it has been said, Brooking is not going to be able to do it all season. Enter DJ. I don't understand why people think he can't come in and contribute. Granted, he's never been the superstar we hoped he would be but as a MLB he was LIGHT YEARS ahead of Joe Mays. Energy, experience, athleticism, hard hitter, put him in! His problems have been off the field, not on the field, and not in the locker room. Put. Him. In. ...when he's eligible.
Exactly, He has stayed out of trouble during his suspension and face it that is the tough part when you have all that free time on your hands. Bring him in give him a nice prolonged hug of reassurance and let him play this season out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #67
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
He'll be a good addition because who knows how long Brooking will hold up. DJ comes in fresh playing for his football life. Brooking goes back to role plarer or takes over Woodyard's position. WIN WIN.
you let Brooking play till he can't play any more..

DJ playing for his football life?

Shirley you jest.. he is playing for the almighty dinaro.. plain and simple.. HE knows he will not be on this team next year.. Fox knows, John E knows, Pat B knows..

I know some of you have a wooody for this moron but he is not that special, and when you add in the money he is making he is even less so..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #68
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Keep Woodyard on the field he is having a great season.
better than moron would have..

not to mention he had a better year last year than moron had in 6 less games starting..

Unless Woody goes down with an injury Dumb Ass Williams should be either traded or kept on a shelf until that happens..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #69
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
Woodyard is playing well, and we've had flashes from some of the younger guys, but it's VERY obvious that Joe Mays is NOT a good MLB. Yes, when he is in position to make a hit there are very few players who hit as hard as he does. But he's one dimensional in that way, and i'm sure most people here understand that. Then you have Brooking. I honestly think even at his age he's a step up from Mays. Like it has been said, Brooking is not going to be able to do it all season. Enter DJ. I don't understand why people think he can't come in and contribute. Granted, he's never been the superstar we hoped he would be but as a MLB he was LIGHT YEARS ahead of Joe Mays. Energy, experience, athleticism, hard hitter, put him in! His problems have been off the field, not on the field, and not in the locker room. Put. Him. In. ...when he's eligible.
Once again I will say it.. dumb ass was used as a Mike for a year and then moved AGAIN after that experiment went belly up..

The guy is dumber than a rock, when asked to relay defensive calls into the front 7 each play he was unable to do even that minor thing, he did not have a clue about changing said call if the Offense was not lined up the way they thought they would..

One of the other LBs had to make the calls mid way through the season

Brooking as long as he can go is the natural player there with load s of experience and Hey FOLKS he knows the Play book and has been running it very well while on the field much better than anyone else..

And lets not mention that dj is most likely a few weeks away from being in game shape.. lots of potential of hammy issues being out of shape..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #70
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

LAst but not least..
Quote:

Bronco D.J. Williams to serve 30 days in-home detention but after Super Bowl


A Denver County Court judge on Wednesday sentenced Broncos linebacker D.J. Williams to 30 days of in-home detention for his most recent driving while ability impaired conviction, but delayed the penalty's start date until Feb. 7 just after the Super Bowl.

Prosecutors sought a month in jail, saying it was Williams' second ability-impaired driving conviction in just more than five years. He also faces two years of mandatory probation.

But Williams' attorney Harvey Steinberg noted the football player already has faced stiff penalties from his employer as a result of his conviction: A three-game suspension that has cost him "millions."

Judge Brian Campbell said the NFL-imposed punishment and alcohol abuse treatment weighed heavily with him.

Campbell delayed the imposition of Williams' detention after Steinberg told the court that the Bronco would not be allowed to play in home games with the ankle bracelet required to monitor his whereabouts.

"Any time you make mistakes, he's paying his dues right now, literally," Broncos coach John Fox said. "So it's a process. He's done what he's supposed to through the process and we'll honor what they decide.

Read more: Bronco D.J. Williams to serve 30 days in-home detention but after Super Bowl - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2AHWt8ivz
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:19 PM.


Denver Broncos