The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 07:02 AM   #26
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

really? you're making jokes about a fellow Broncos fan...

i could see if the guy was in Raiders or Chefs or Sparklers gear, but you're mocking the guy wearing Broncos gear?

lame.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:05 AM   #27
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
really? you're making jokes about a fellow Broncos fan...

i could see if the guy was in Raiders or Chefs or Sparklers gear, but you're mocking the guy wearing Broncos gear?

lame.
We're making jokes about a human that's clearly made horrendous life decisions regardless of team affiliation.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:06 AM   #28
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:12 AM   #29
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
We're making jokes about a human that's clearly made horrendous life decisions regardless of team affiliation.
by that logic,

is it ok if i make jokes about the gays who are dying of AIDS? (hey you shouldn't have put a dick in your mouth!)

or how about women beaten up by their boyfriends (hey you shouldn't have dated Chris Brown!)

or how about gambling addicts who lose everything (hey you shouldn't have taken the Browns at +27!)

the point i'm trying to make is that the guy is wearing Broncos gear. mocking him on a Broncos forum. for what? for being fat??

geez. are you all a bunch of 4th graders?

i can't be the only one who found the whole point of this thread unseemly. can i?

if you want to make fun of fat Raiders fans, go for it. i'll even pile on and make jokes myself. but this guy is a Broncos fan who paid money to go see the Broncos at an away game and cheer for them, and in return he gets mocked here by so-called fellow Broncos fans. i don't get that. i know the odds of him being a member here are probably one in a million and he'll never see these comments, but it's the principle...

unless he was an insufferable douche Broncos fan (and we have some on the OM), i give the guy a pass. i would consider making fun of him to be in poor taste.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #30
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
by that logic,

is it ok if i make jokes about the gays who are dying of AIDS? (hey you shouldn't have put a dick in your mouth!)

or how about women beaten up by their boyfriends (hey you shouldn't have dated Chris Brown!)

or how about gambling addicts who lose everything (hey you shouldn't have taken the Browns at +27!)

the point i'm trying to make is that the guy is wearing Broncos gear. mocking him on a Broncos forum. for what? for being fat??

geez. are you all a bunch of 4th graders?

i can't be the only one who found the whole point of this thread unseemly. can i?

if you want to make fun of fat Raiders fans, go for it. i'll even pile on and make jokes myself. but this guy is a Broncos fan who paid money to go see the Broncos at an away game and cheer for them, and in return he gets mocked here by so-called fellow Broncos fans. i don't get that. i know the odds of him being a member here are probably one in a million and he'll never see these comments, but it's the principle...

unless he was an insufferable douche Broncos fan (and we have some on the OM), i give the guy a pass. i would consider making fun of him to be in poor taste.
I would be with you, if it weren't for the fact that you're only real problem with it it that he is a Bronco fan. If you want to take the high road on mocking humanity, I can get that.

I don't see the link between the team you root for, and the political correctness of mocking.

I mean, using your own example....is it cool to mock a battered wife if she is a chief fan?
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #31
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
I would be with you, if it weren't for the fact that you're only real problem with it it that he is a Bronco fan. If you want to take the high road on mocking humanity, I can get that.

I don't see the link between the team you root for, and the political correctness of mocking.

I mean, using your own example....is it cool to mock a battered wife if she is a chief fan?
it's cool to mock a Chefs, Raiders, or Sparklers fan BECAUSE they are Chefs, Raiders, or Sparklers fans. anything else about them is irrelevant.

it's uncool to mock a Broncos fan BECAUSE he's a Broncos fan. the exceptions are the so-called fans on the OM who are really just douches.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:27 AM   #32
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Like a boss.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #33
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
it's cool to mock a Chefs, Raiders, or Sparklers fan BECAUSE they are Chefs, Raiders, or Sparklers fans. anything else about them is irrelevant.

it's uncool to mock a Broncos fan BECAUSE he's a Broncos fan. the exceptions are the so-called fans on the OM who are really just douches.
So the only thing worthy of mocking a person for is their NFL team allegiance, and being a Bronco fan means you are above being mocked?
Old 10-18-2012, 07:31 AM   #34
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

^ absolutely this...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #35
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
So the only thing worthy of mocking a person for is their NFL team allegiance, and being a Bronco fan means you are above being mocked?
on a Broncos forum, why not?

it's not like the guy did anything to deserve being mocked, is it?

you're not seriously arguing that you should have the right to mock fellow Broncos fans that you don't know simply because you don't like their appearance and that you should be applauded for doing so on a forum site full of fellow Broncos fans, are you?

maybe applauded is too strong a word. maybe i should say "and the moderators will tacitly endorse such behavior by looking the other way".

if the guy did something, like running onto the field during play, or dumping a beer on the head of Champ Bailey or something along those lines, then yeah, he's made himself a target by his behavior.

so far as i can tell, the guy went to a football game to support his team and all he did wrong was to have the misfortune of catching the eye of the cameraman. for that "sin", he deserves to be mocked here? i don't get that.

Raiders fans. Sparklers fans. Chefs fans. mock them for whatever reason. fat. dumb. ugly. tattooed. that's fine with me. on a Broncos forum, perfectly acceptable. but a Broncos fan? i just think you leave the guy alone unless he DOES something to deserve it. being fat, or ugly, or dumb is not enough reason IMHO.

is my point really that hard to understand or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

Last edited by Gort; 10-18-2012 at 07:44 AM..
Old 10-18-2012, 07:47 AM   #36
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:

Many would beg to differ.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #37
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
What's going on with the blonde sitting on the lap of that dude on the right? Both seats on either side of them are taken, so what did they do? Buy one front row seat and one nosebleed and she snuck down to sit with him instead? All joking aside, that has to be an extremely uncomfortable way to watch a game....for them and the people next to them. You're crammed in enough as it is, then throw Bob on top of that, and then throw in the lapdancing and it's like you have 15 people sitting in a row that should only hold 10.

I can't imagine that would fly in too many stadiums. Definitely not any one I've been to. Security would be all over that.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #38
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

...it seems to me the douchetard on the left in the #17 jersey is a far better target for mocking on here than the fat Broncos fan.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #39
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
...it seems to me the douchetard on the left in the #17 jersey is a far better target for mocking on here than the fat Broncos fan.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #40
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
"Hey, that chick two seats down from the Elway fan doesn't have a ticket!"

In reality, that poor guy to the Great Pumpkin's left is so squished. He has the Human wrecking ball and a cheap bastard's girlfriend hoovering over the kid. **** I would have complained to Fan Services about both situations.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #41
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
I'll feel bad if I say anything and he posts on this board.
He does. His name is Bob.

Quote:
THe comments after the article are pure choice. Witty mother ****ers on there. It is like they are also OM posters...except Gort.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 10-18-2012 at 09:06 AM..
Old 10-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #42
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

No, he is a grotesque human being and making fun of your own is better to mask it like it doesn't exist. That fat **** will always be brought up when a rival fan comes in and talks about our fat fanbase. He should have been hidden out of view. He has no concern for any of the people that have to sit next to him. He is selfish and probably ate the actual kid that was sitting there. Now he crosses his arms like he is Jabba the Hutt and no one can do **** about it.

As Linus would say, "The Great Pumpkin has arrived!"

BTW John Galt aka Gort, when did you become Lonestar? Geez!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #43
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

If that big boy farts at the wrong time a reciever might lose his balance and do a sumersault.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #44
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
He does. His name is Bob.

THe comments after the article are pure choice. Witty mother ****ers on there. It is like they are also OM posters...except Gort.

Look at the poor bastard between the gastropod and the obviously-unavailable blonde. Itís the stadium equivalent of riding b**** on a three hour trip.

That looks less like a separate man, more like a starved-to-death siamese twin attached at the ass and back (but definitely not the stomach).
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #45
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Now...imagine you're a WR.

It's a busted coverage and you find yourself wide open.

Your QB hits you and you have nothing but green grass in front of you.

Then you see that.

I'm giving Decker a pass on tripping this time.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #46
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
Now...imagine you're a WR.

It's a busted coverage and you find yourself wide open.

Your QB hits you and you have nothing but green grass in front of you.

Then you see that.

I'm giving Decker a pass on tripping this time.
I think that needs to be a new gif.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #47
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:

you're not seriously arguing that you should have the right to mock fellow Broncos fans that you don't know simply because you don't like their appearance and that you should be applauded for doing so on a forum site full of fellow Broncos fans, are you?

maybe applauded is too strong a word. maybe i should say "and the moderators will tacitly endorse such behavior by looking the other way".

if the guy did something, like running onto the field during play, or dumping a beer on the head of Champ Bailey or something along those lines, then yeah, he's made himself a target by his behavior.

so far as i can tell, the guy went to a football game to support his team and all he did wrong was to have the misfortune of catching the eye of the cameraman. for that "sin", he deserves to be mocked here? i don't get that.

Raiders fans. Sparklers fans. Chefs fans. mock them for whatever reason. fat. dumb. ugly. tattooed. that's fine with me. on a Broncos forum, perfectly acceptable. but a Broncos fan? i just think you leave the guy alone unless he DOES something to deserve it. being fat, or ugly, or dumb is not enough reason IMHO.

is my point really that hard to understand or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?
Easy to understand, difficult to believe something so silly. Fat dumb and ugly are some of the best reasons to mock. Hell, I'm all three of those things.

Also, he did far more wrong than show up on TV. Apparently he ate every turnover that Denver has made this year.

See there, I mocked Denver AND that dude.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #48
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Easy to understand, difficult to believe something so silly. Fat dumb and ugly are some of the best reasons to mock. Hell, I'm all three of those things.

Also, he did far more wrong than show up on TV. Apparently he ate every turnover that Denver has made this year.

See there, I mocked Denver AND that dude.
wouldn't it be ironic if this guy turns out to be somebody's father or brother on this site and you all get banned for family smack.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #49
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby

I feel sorry for the midget sitting next to him.

"Get in mah Belly!
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #50
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post

"Get in mah Belly!
i actually know the guy who that character was based on. he's lost alot of weight since then.