The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 06:48 AM   #26
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
For years, when a company hires me for IT consulting, the first thing I do it block China, India, Nigeria, and Russia's IP ranges. These countries have a number of people that either are crooks or paid government employees trying to rob you of information and anything. It's not something people think about, but you should block them at your home. You can easily Google their IP ranges and do it.

Anywho....enjoy the week off
Valid warning.

I've reported three different IPs myself to the FBI from China, trying to hack my home PC (all failed attempts).

The average person needs to have Peerblock installed with a nice selection of I-Blocklist IP lists to refuse. It will save you a TON of hassle down the road and is the ultimate screening tool to prevent contact with the shadier elements of the internet.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:11 AM   #27
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,714

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

1. How does a person go about blocking these IP addresses? I've never heard of doing this or how to do it.

2. How do you know if someone is trying to access your computer? Aren't Spy sweepers and Anti-Virus enough?
maher_tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #28
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
For years, when a company hires me for IT consulting, the first thing I do it block China, India, Nigeria, and Russia's IP ranges. These countries have a number of people that either are crooks or paid government employees trying to rob you of information and anything. It's not something people think about, but you should block them at your home. You can easily Google their IP ranges and do it.

Anywho....enjoy the week off
Seeing as I grew up in HK and my dad lives in China, this will be tough. Generally speaking I'd agree though.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #29
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 47,083

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Seeing as I grew up in HK and my dad lives in China, this will be tough. Generally speaking I'd agree though.
Yeah...it's not going to fit everyone's needs, but .....
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #30
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Yeah...it's not going to fit everyone's needs, but .....
Also is there a way i can still connect to russianbrides.ru while still blocking out this guy?

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #31
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,006

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Internet Porn is all I care about.

Screw China. As long as they dont fill my PC with poop porn im good.
LongDongJohnson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #32
Willynowei
Some dude
 
Willynowei's Avatar
 
Football is a wonderful thing.

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 3,071

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

A country of 1.6 billion whose people are routinely shut off from full access of the world wide web; whose youth almost unanimously hates this and have installed socks proxies on every device including their freaking IPAD to play videogames that are banned in the country....

yeah, you're doing a lot by blocking out requests from that country.

Good luck.

In other news, today, I installed a 3feet high wooden fence around my backyard to prevent my child from being kidnapped.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #33
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 47,083

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
A country of 1.6 billion whose people are routinely shut off from full access of the world wide web; whose youth almost unanimously hates this and have installed socks proxies on every device including their freaking IPAD to play videogames that are banned in the country....

yeah, you're doing a lot by blocking out requests from that country.

Good luck.

In other news, today, I installed a 3feet high wooden fence around my backyard to prevent my child from being kidnapped.
They can't proxy an IP that's not a rout on their country's network the same way someone in my network can't just use any IP to do anything.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:33 PM.


Denver Broncos