The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #51
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Anthony Gonzalez is retired from football...

Gonzalez has moved on from football and has enrolled in the Stanford Graduate School of Business in mid September of 2012.

He was a hell of a WR however was plagued by injuries most of his career.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #52
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Completely random but you know who I miss? Sam Brandon.

TE's couldnt do **** against us when we had Sam Brandon.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:10 PM   #53
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Manning still throws the ball to McGahee doesn't he?
Are you suggesting Mcgahee isa guy we can bench or make inactive? That's what happens when average players make mistakes like Moreno and possibly Willis.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #54
Bmore Manning

I really like the idea behind the thread. But.. I will say that Denver needs an explosive play maker on the outside, making DT the #2 and Decker in the slot. Willis is trash, Idc what people on here say. I like how your thinking, improving the team, but your gonna face scrutiny for it..
Old 10-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #55
Bmore Manning

Dwayne Bowe wants out of KC..
Old 10-18-2012, 12:34 AM   #56
Jetland

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
Anthony Gonzalez is retired from football...

Gonzalez has moved on from football and has enrolled in the Stanford Graduate School of Business in mid September of 2012.

He was a hell of a WR however was plagued by injuries most of his career.
huh....now where did he go to college
hmmmmmmm
Old 10-18-2012, 01:06 AM   #57
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Dwayne Bowe wants out of KC..
Alligator arms is right where he belongs.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:07 AM   #58
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Are you suggesting Mcgahee isa guy we can bench or make inactive? That's what happens when average players make mistakes like Moreno and possibly Willis.

not many teams have starting quality backups,,,hence they are called backups
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:39 AM   #59
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I really like the idea behind the thread. But.. I will say that Denver needs an explosive play maker on the outside, making DT the #2 and Decker in the slot. Willis is trash, Idc what people on here say. I like how your thinking, improving the team, but your gonna face scrutiny for it..
DT a #2 WR?

Do you people think in terms of putting together a pro bowl team?

A 6'3 230 pound WR running a 4.3 as a #2 WR.

Let's not consider the fact that he leads the league in catches over 20 yards. Let's not consider he is the most efficient WR in terms of catches per target. He has 37 targets, LESS than anyone in the TOP 20 WR's in the league in yardage... and he's 6th in yardage!

Let's not forget that this team is improving week to week offensively.

This **** is a joke sometimes on here, people talking about needing a better WR so DT can be #2.

Last edited by Action; 10-18-2012 at 01:57 AM..
Old 10-18-2012, 03:27 AM   #60
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

After DT, Decker, Stokely, Tamme, Dressen just not much left to go around. Not sure our 4th WR at this point matter much.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:55 AM   #61
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Thomas and Decker look like a very good starting WR tandem moving forward.

Thomas has looked like a legit number one receiver since day one to be honest. His issue has always been his health, any time he's been on the field and fully healthy he's been great. If he stays healthy he's going to have a great career.

Decker as a number two looks good to me. He's had 11 TD's since the start of last year and a lot of that came playing with Tebow, with whom he didn't have great chemistry. He doesn't have the big play ability of physical gifts that Thomas does, but as a number two guy he's fine.

The issue is that after them we don't really have anyone that I'd feel at all comfortable starting. Stokely is doing well as ever, but he's a pure slot guy. Willis I like as a special teams guy and depth player, but he's limited. Caldwell has been a major disappointment. If Decker or Thomas go down the drop off will be major, need them to stay healthy.

I think WR will be an area we'll look to improve next offseason. There could actually be some great options in FA with Greg Jennings, Dwayne Bowe, Mike Wallace and Wes Welker all possibly hitting the market. I doubt we go after any of them though and I'd rather we spent the money elsewhere, quite honestly. Try and pick up a mid range FA type for depth and then maybe spend a 3rd or 4th round pick on someone who we feel could start down the line.

The only possible target I could see would be Welker. He'd be an amazing weapon for Manning, I have no idea what sort of contract he's going to get though given his age and the fact that he's a slot receiver, albeit a fantastic one. But I'd still like to see us invest a decent draft pick in the position next year.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:11 AM   #62
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
No....you said Manning targets guys he trusts...and while Willis did screw up, can you honestly say it was as bad as Mcgahee's two gaffes? I say an open man is an open man....Manning will throw to them.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #63
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
DT a #2 WR?

Do you people think in terms of putting together a pro bowl team?

A 6'3 230 pound WR running a 4.3 as a #2 WR.

Let's not consider the fact that he leads the league in catches over 20 yards. Let's not consider he is the most efficient WR in terms of catches per target. He has 37 targets, LESS than anyone in the TOP 20 WR's in the league in yardage... and he's 6th in yardage!

Let's not forget that this team is improving week to week offensively.

This **** is a joke sometimes on here, people talking about needing a better WR so DT can be #2.
Decker belongs in the slot. And what difference does it make as to who is the #1 or #2 WR? If Decker is in the slot and DT is the #2, then that means there must be a really good #1 WR on the team.. But you can flip it to a negative.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #64
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
No....you said Manning targets guys he trusts...and while Willis did screw up, can you honestly say it was as bad as Mcgahee's two gaffes? I say an open man is an open man....Manning will throw to them.
Dude has to get on the field first. McGahee is our starting RB not some fringe ST player.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #65
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Willis makes one mistake on MNF and everyone goes crazy, the guy is our 4th WR.... not sure we expect a ton out of him, but he will be fine.
But when you get your chance, you don't **** up like that. Worse is he was communicating with Manning and let him know he can trust him. Then he completely does a reversal and gives up a Pick 6. You can't be a 4th receiver with barely any receptions and **** up like that.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #66
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I am ok with brigning in competition at receiver. I do not see how a guy who hasn't played football in two years is supposed to be an upgrade over Willis. DBroncos, why Gonzalez? He's clearly a bust and not NFL calibre. Why do you think we need to sign him specifically? You could have mentioned any number of receivers. Why some bust who is two years rusty? I would take TO over Gonzalez.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #67
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I am ok with brigning in competition at receiver. I do not see how a guy who hasn't played football in two years is supposed to be an upgrade over Willis. DBroncos, why Gonzalez? He's clearly a bust and not NFL calibre. Why do you think we need to sign him specifically? You could have mentioned any number of receivers. Why some bust who is two years rusty? I would take TO over Gonzalez.
Well mainly him because he is on the same page as Manning. Look at how well Manning is doing with the old broken down Stokley, who was also hurt a ton. I was looking for chemistry over talent this late in the year is all.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #68
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
not sure this offense needs a 4th WR really, Green may make plays soon enough as he gets up to speed (maybe...)
I think with Manning we do. Manning demands alot more from his WR's then most QB's do. You can't expect all top 3 guys to stay healthy all year.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #69
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I think with Manning we do. Manning demands alot more from his WR's then most QB's do. You can't expect all top 3 guys to stay healthy all year.
I think if Stokes gets hurt Willis would be fine, if DT or Decker get hurt we're probably screwed
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #70
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
After DT, Decker, Stokely, Tamme, Dressen just not much left to go around. Not sure our 4th WR at this point matter much.
I remember how we couldn't find a 3rd WR for decades. We spent year after year bringing in Willie Green and Robert Brooks Et all...

I am happy with the corps we have now and hope they all stay healthy. I would like to have Hill back though...
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote