The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #26
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://forums.chargers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140

awesomeness
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #27
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Clearly, those fans don't post on the messageboards.

Seriously, the game thread is a thing to behold. If anyone's interested, it's here.
That thread is an epic rollercoaster ride of a read.

It starts all upbeat and hopeful, goes through surprise, elation, ecstasy, optimism, then dips into disappointment, followed by cautious optimism and relief before dipping into the five stages of grief before a sudden ray of light reignites the hope that was lost and ends with soul crushing defeat and dejection. It reads a bit like Crime and Punishment except a bit more epic and not quite as many murders (0) or russians (0).
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #28
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I read the game thread on the Chargers board last night. They were boohooing talking about how the Broncos held all game long. And on the fumble that Carter picked up, they were boohooing we had a neutral zone infraction that was not called. Judging from the Saints board the Charger fans were boohooing about the refs and holding then too.

Only fans of loser teams think a ref has influence on the outcome and never see the entire game where they had their chances. Have to say I saw plenty of holding on the Chargers part and an offsides that was not called. Wonder if that's why we won
It wasn't offsides though I would have to see it again to confirm. Glad it wasn't called. For once just because a DL "moves" pre snap doesn't necessarily mean he went offsides. Kinda like the Phillips play where he "moved" along the line and wasn't actually offsides(call went false start on Denver). Almost always just because a DL "moves" pre snap it is always assumed it's offsides and a free play for the offense. I think the refs call that way too much. And glad they didn't on that play.

Also props to the Denver DL(can't remember who) who punched the ball towards Carter where he scooped it up and ran for a TD.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #29
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Ayers scooted the ball to Carter..heads up play that won't make the stat sheet but was awesome.

The chargers fans at the game seemed okay. What was amazing was Denver came out and marched right down the field it was almost a collective "oh ****, we are going to lose" it was really strange for a home field.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #30
swaiy

Those most interesting gameday thread was the Jets. The Tebow faithful was strong in their hate. They were nowhere to be found by the end of the game.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #31
dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
Ayers scooted the ball to Carter..heads up play that won't make the stat sheet but was awesome.

The chargers fans at the game seemed okay. What was amazing was Denver came out and marched right down the field it was almost a collective "oh ****, we are going to lose" it was really strange for a home field.
I would have loved to have experienced that. There is something so deviously delicious about schadenfreude.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #32
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
That thread is an epic rollercoaster ride of a read.

It starts all upbeat and hopeful, goes through surprise, elation, ecstasy, optimism, then dips into disappointment, followed by cautious optimism and relief before dipping into the five stages of grief before a sudden ray of light reignites the hope that was lost and ends with soul crushing defeat and dejection. It reads a bit like Crime and Punishment except a bit more epic and not quite as many murders (0) or russians (0).
Hate that book. It was the worst thing I think I ever had to read in junior highschool.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #33
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I did the same thing. The amount of whining about holding amazed me. I've never read through one of our own game threads, but it doesn't seem like we whine every post about holding. The Refs were letting them play both ways, but if you read the Chargers thread, it's like every other post is "the Broncos are holding!"
When we are behind and need a sack we all do it. I am guilty but it is there, of course you could call it on every play...
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:43 PM   #34
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Clearly, those fans don't post on the messageboards.

Seriously, the game thread is a thing to behold. If anyone's interested, it's here.

I just read 86 pages of that thread (page 5 till the end - no reason to read pre-game comments). It was glorious! Just like watching the game all over again in text form, but you get to laugh at everyone recounting it!
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #35
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post

I just read 86 pages of that thread (page 5 till the end - no reason to read pre-game comments). It was glorious! Just like watching the game all over again in text form, but you get to laugh at everyone recounting it!
+1
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #36
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Only fans of loser teams think a ref has influence on the outcome
Only fans of loser teams? So we still have the replacement refs?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #37
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
+1
me also....

I especially liked the constant references they made as to WHEN the slide would start. Even up 24-0 there were the ones that kept referring to Peyton Manning as if he was Keyser Sose.

"Man... don't you know that no lead is safe...That's Peyton Manning over there.
when he gets started he'll rip our defenses heads off and Shyt down their necks...then he do the same to their families, and THEN he'll laugh and start killing fans in the stadium. He's Peyton Manning!"

The best part is they were essentially right. Keyser Manning !
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #38
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, but it's more about our own team. We tend to go on rants here - sometimes fairly - about one player or coach, or another. There, it's all a bunch of conspiracies.
You apparently missed the Atlanta game and the Houston game. Page after page of whining about the refs.

Every team's fanbase does it, and ours no less than anyone else.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #39
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Keyser Manning I love it
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:00 AM   #40
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Reading through the 180+ pages of the gameday thread on the charger board...some of my favorites...

Post 898: 24-0 lead would be pretty sexy

post 1031: This is Chargers football. No late game pressure situations. Keep it a party and make it a blowout.

Post 1034: This IS Charger Football right here!!!!!
THE AFC WEST GOES THROUGH SD
Keep the peddle down, Manning is good for 2 more INT's and at least 1 more ST fumble recovery.

After halftime:

post 1105: The zebras are trying to let Denver back into it.

post 1143: Why do we root for a team that is not beloved by the NFL were we can get the calls to go our way. Its horrendous how the refs do us.

post 1145: Champions respond....let's do this.

post 1188: wow. those fumbles are rolling our way. WHEW. thank you ronnie

post 1209: You hear that Denver, get in the fetal position.

post 1300: So I guess Denver can just jump offsides any time they want? I guess ESPN is setting up a "comeback" for Peyton Manning.

post 1534: Will be down by 11 in about 12 minutes. 3 and out or INT coming up. Peyton goes down field again. Another 3 and out or INT. Peyton goes down field again. 35-24 Broncos. Book it.

Post 1708: Tight end wasn't set when the ball was snapped. Multiple occasions of Manning false starts. But hey. It's Manning

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:04 AM   #41
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

How can a 1-4 team talk that much trash?
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:39 AM   #42
menonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post

Hurricane Katrina.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:15 AM   #43
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Only fans of loser teams? So we still have the replacement refs?
Yes, the refs in the GB game did influence the outcome, because, IMO, it was the wrong call. It's probably the only game I've seen in my lifetime, that a team could say that. The replacement refs made a lot of bad calls or non calls. The real refs make bad calls. And damn they can be frustrating.

But much like the crybaby Raider fans with the tuck rule and SD with the Hochuli game, teams have 60 minutes to play the game and if good enough, get a score that if a ref makes a questionable call, it doesn't affect the end of the game or buck up after the call and do something. The Raiders decided not to advance the ball after that call and went to OT where they had the chance to win that game. SD should have stopped us after that call and they still had time afterward, albeit little, to do something. It's much like the world today, let's find somebody else to blame because heaven forbid we are part of the blame.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #44
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Yes, the refs in the GB game did influence the outcome, because, IMO, it was the wrong call. It's probably the only game I've seen in my lifetime, that a team could say that. The replacement refs made a lot of bad calls or non calls. The real refs make bad calls. And damn they can be frustrating.

But much like the crybaby Raider fans with the tuck rule and SD with the Hochuli game, teams have 60 minutes to play the game and if good enough, get a score that if a ref makes a questionable call, it doesn't affect the end of the game or buck up after the call and do something. The Raiders decided not to advance the ball after that call and went to OT where they had the chance to win that game. SD should have stopped us after that call and they still had time afterward, albeit little, to do something. It's much like the world today, let's find somebody else to blame because heaven forbid we are part of the blame.

Ain't that the truth.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #45
dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Two words: Bourbon Street. Also, when you are in possession of a losing record, trash talking is a cheap (apologies for the cliche) alternative to discourse about future prospects directly related to winning.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #46
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Went to a cajun breakfast place not too long ago. . Their drink special was "milk punch". Hmmm, I ask my girlfriend, what is milk punch? The toothless guy at the table next to mine with eighteen kids and a scary wife smiles and says "Best drink from Louisiana!" I happily took his advice, and ended up with bourbon mixed with half and half with nutmeg sprinkled on top at 7:30 in the morning. Was it good? No. It was like egg nog mixed with fire water. Did I drink it all? You bet. Moral of the story - don't take advice from a table neighbor that acts like a saints fan and looks like a chef fan.
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:00 AM   #47
dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedReaver View Post
Went to a cajun breakfast place not too long ago. . Their drink special was "milk punch". Hmmm, I ask my girlfriend, what is milk punch? The toothless guy at the table next to mine with eighteen kids and a scary wife smiles and says "Best drink from Louisiana!" I happily took his advice, and ended up with bourbon mixed with half and half with nutmeg sprinkled on top at 7:30 in the morning. Was it good? No. It was like egg nog mixed with fire water. Did I drink it all? You bet. Moral of the story - don't take advice from a table neighbor that acts like a saints fan and looks like a chef fan.
The only thing bourbon should be mixed with is coffee. Props for giving it a go though.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #48
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
The only thing bourbon should be mixed with is coffee. Props for giving it a go though.
Never tried bourbon & coffee. Just a little whiskey and put black coffee on top? I love bourbon and I love black coffee, I see absolutely nothing that could go wrong.
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #49
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #50
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
! Funny story, but I dunno if I would take advice from a toothless guy. I'm from New Orleans and I never heard of milk punch though. My grandmother told me back in day people would drink bourbon and black coffee or scotch and milk, but never bourbon with half and half. And the best drink from New Orleans to me are Hurricanes or Egg Nog daiquiris.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote