The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
dictionary

Default Saints Forum Thread Re: MNF

A pretty good read: http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/an...nk-bad-262329/.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

I like reading threads from other fans, but I have to say this one is not worth reading through. It's just a lot of "wow" "Chargers suck" and "Brees is awesome". The first few posts are from the first half and then it's like the last posts are after we put up 35.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
dictionary

Meh, preference. I like the posturing and then the realization that they are likely going to be up against a strong and impassioned Denver team. A window, per se, into their collective zeitgeist.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Good observation from the thread.....if accurate.

Quote:
I think the Broncos defense was more impressive than Manning which says a lot.

Here is the Chargers 2nd half drive chart.
10:56 3 plays Fumble
04:41 3 plays Punt
13:33 4 plays Intercepted Pass
09:03 4 plays Intercepted Pass
03:52 4 plays Intercepted Pass
02:05 4 plays Fumble

The longest drive of the 2nd half?
4 plays

The best drive of the 2nd half?
3 plays -4 yards and punt
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #5
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I read the game thread on the Chargers board last night. They were boohooing talking about how the Broncos held all game long. And on the fumble that Carter picked up, they were boohooing we had a neutral zone infraction that was not called. Judging from the Saints board the Charger fans were boohooing about the refs and holding then too.

Only fans of loser teams think a ref has influence on the outcome and never see the entire game where they had their chances. Have to say I saw plenty of holding on the Chargers part and an offsides that was not called. Wonder if that's why we won
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #6
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
Meh, preference. I like the posturing and then the realization that they are likely going to be up against a strong and impassioned Denver team. A window, per se, into their collective zeitgeist.
I like this "window" metaphor you did.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #7
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I read the game thread on the Chargers board last night. They were boohooing talking about how the Broncos held all game long. And on the fumble that Carter picked up, they were boohooing we had a neutral zone infraction that was not called. Judging from the Saints board the Charger fans were boohooing about the refs and holding then too.

Only fans of loser teams think a ref has influence on the outcome and never see the entire game where they had their chances. Have to say I saw plenty of holding on the Chargers part and an offsides that was not called. Wonder if that's why we won
FWIW, we do our fair share of boohooing here.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #8
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:

Originally Posted by brenndo527
They also overpaid their quarterback and ate up all of their cap room.
Quote:

Originally Posted by CJL
Care to repeat that
Old 10-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #9
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
someone tweeted:

"last time the NFL saw 35 unanswered, Vince Young was taking the Wonderlic"
Old 10-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #10
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
was thinking this exact same thing
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #11
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:

I did the same thing. The amount of whining about holding amazed me. I've never read through one of our own game threads, but it doesn't seem like we whine every post about holding. The Refs were letting them play both ways, but if you read the Chargers thread, it's like every other post is "the Broncos are holding!"
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #12
DomCasual
The Dude abides.

Shameless Homer

Quote:

I'm reading it right now. There isn't a team in the league with whinier fans than the Chargers. Everyone is out to get them. The league wants them to lose. The refs conspire each week against them. It's like the personality of their QB has drizzled onto their fans.

That game thread is something to behold. So much confidence! So much pain!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #13
DomCasual
The Dude abides.

Shameless Homer

Quote:
Yeah, but it's more about our own team. We tend to go on rants here - sometimes fairly - about one player or coach, or another. There, it's all a bunch of conspiracies.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #14
dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I'm reading it right now. There isn't a team in the league with whinier fans than the Chargers. Everyone is out to get them. The league wants them to lose. The refs conspire each week against them. It's like the personality of their QB has drizzled onto their fans.

I wonder if there is some academic study that would support a massive scale fanbase's negative miasma that would correlate to the negative performance of a professional team--just a random thought--i.e the Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys, etc.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #15
Bacchus

Quote:

Well, that's funny because all they are talking about today is firing some coaches.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #16
dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I like this "window" metaphor you did.
Thanks! I like your Hot Pocket avatar. Satan Hot Pocket?
Old 10-17-2012, 10:01 AM   #17
DomCasual
The Dude abides.

Shameless Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
I wonder if there is some academic study that would support a massive scale fanbase's negative miasma that would correlate to the negative performance of a professional team--just a random thought--i.e the Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys, etc.
Well, in fairness, the Cowboys don't have a lot to complain about. They've done a ton of winning.

For Cleveland, it seems pretty simple. The players and coaches on that team wake up in Cleveland everyday. That's going to kill some spirits. Same with Kansas City.

San Diego? That's a tough one. Beautiful city. It's got to be the QB and coach.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #18
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:

I'll say this for the Chargers fans they are good sports to us Broncos fans at the game. I set in season ticket holders section and they all were nice to me all game long even after Rivers melt down. It was a bitter loss for them yet many said good game to me and many Manning is amazing comments too.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:09 AM   #19
DomCasual
The Dude abides.

Shameless Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I'll say this for the Chargers fans they are good sports to us Broncos fans at the game. I set in season ticket holders section and they all were nice to me all game long even after Rivers melt down. It was a bitter loss for them yet many said good game to me and many Manning is amazing comments too.
Clearly, those fans don't post on the messageboards.

Seriously, the game thread is a thing to behold. If anyone's interested, it's here.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #20
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:

Seriously, the game thread is a thing to behold. If anyone's interested, it's here.
Talking to people in SD the last two days and they are pissed. They want Norv and Rivers gone
Old 10-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #21
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Oh and their stadium is a Shiit hole.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #22
jerseyguy4

Quote:

at the half, from page 33:
Mutha! What a night.

What a sweet ending to a long day during which I had a dentist drilling my mouth all afternoon. Not only do the Bolts destroy the Manning-led Broncos in prime time, I made up a 25-point fantasy deficit with the Rivers to Gates connection in one half of football. This is the first week I decided to start Gates over Gronkowski.

How sweet it is indeed.

At this point I was so angry, I could have smashed my TV. I can only imagine how mad they were as the game progressed.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #23
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Norv knows that the secret to keeping that job is just to not ask for money.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #24
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
If a Bronco fan is boohooing it's legit.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #25
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:

The really funny thing is that's not the Chargers board I was reading. This is the one I was reading, 3rd page of general discussion. This link may be the actual page.

http://forums.chargers.com/forumdisp...er=desc&page=3