The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Default Coach Fox defends Trindon Holliday he will definitely get another shot to be the return man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Press Conference

Asked on Monday "Is Trindon Holliday going to get another shot?"

He responded "Oh yeah! In defense of him we could of done a better job of vicing the gunner in that situation and their guy pushed our guy into him a little bit that's why it wasn't a foul so its not all his fault."

Personally I am glad to hear this, I know having him muff his first punt as a Bronco sucks but he was definitely bumped into while looking up to try and make the fair catch so like Fox said its not all his fault. People were killing him last night, so I thought I would post Fox's response.

Denver needs a guy like this and I really hope going forward he can field the ball cleanly and give us great field position in the process because we are missing a guy of that caliber. Its an added bonus that he can break it for a TD at any given moment too.

Im a Bolden fan as well his return in the pre-season was nice but he takes a bit to get to top speed and I would like to see Holliday get both PR/KR duties one time to see what he can do with it. Overall as long as he doesn't become a liability in the kicking game he will be just another weapon for this team.

Last edited by KevinJames; 10-16-2012 at 11:10 PM..
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #2
Dexter
Pro Bowler

Bay Harbor Butcher

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm glad. I hate to see someone lose their job over one mistake.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
menonite

Hopefully the Sloth can give him some pointers on how to catch the freaking ball.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
ol#7

Disagree. There was no contact. He got spooked with the defender right there and muffed it.

The guy is too small to do anything else on the field, what is the upside of having him on the roster? Slow ass Leonhard can at least come in and play on the D (and do a respectable job at that).
Old 10-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #5
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Personally I am glad to hear this, I know having him muff his first punt as a Bronco sucks but he was definitely bumped into while looking up to try and make the fair catch so like Fox said its not all his fault. People were killing him last night, so I thought I would post Fox's response.

Denver needs a guy like this and I really hope going forward he can field the ball cleanly and give us great field position in the process because we are missing a guy of that caliber. Its an added bonus that he can break it for a TD at any given moment too.

Im a Bolden fan as well his return in the pre-season was nice but he takes a bit to get to top speed and I would like to see Holliday get both PR/KR duties one time to see what he can do with it. Overall as long as he doesn't become a liability in the kicking game he will be just another weapon for this team.
Holliday also failed to field two other punts letting them roll losing another 15 yards in field position. He has to step up his game.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #6
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

He wasn't ran into at all. He just muffed it.

My patience is getting short however for this team IRT turnovers. Something like 9 lost fumbles already this season. Unacceptable.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:04 AM   #7
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer

He made a mistake, but I'm willing to overlook of it based on his potential.

3 returns for TDs in pre-season and elite speed buys him a few trys IMO.
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:02 AM   #8
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
He made a mistake, but I'm willing to overlook of it based on his potential.

3 returns for TDs in pre-season and elite speed buys him a few trys IMO.
Everything he did was in the Pre-Season. He didnt show the Texans anything once the games actually mattered, and he was going against guys who actually made the team.

He better show something in a hurry.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:50 AM   #9
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Anyone else think Peyton Manning and our Defense saved Trindon Holliday's Career?
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:50 AM   #10
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

I was just as pissed as everyone else but he should get another chance. Especially when you look at what is behind him.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:27 AM   #11
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
Everything he did was in the Pre-Season. He didnt show the Texans anything once the games actually mattered, and he was going against guys who actually made the team.

Three TD returns in four preseason games is still remarkable and points to some real potential. With how atrocious our return game has been for years, I'm willing to give the guy a second chance.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:37 AM   #12
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I watched that play where he muffed the punt in slow motion very closely several times, and upon further review, there should have been a flag thrown for interference on the play. Before the season is over, this kid is going to return a couple of touchdowns for us, I believe that.
long beach bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #13
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post

That's the way it is around here. People react in the extreme. If we were all on the Queen Mary and every time we all had an opinion shift we had to run to the other side of the ship the back and forth motion would roll her over.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #14
Drunken.Broncoholic

Their guy pushed our guy into him? Is Fox even watching the same game? The charger player was in his bubble. Not a bronco. And it was catchable. At the high school and college level it's excusable. In the pros that should be caught. Again every once in a while fox reminds us he went 1-15. It was THEIR guy not ours.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #15
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Three TD returns in four preseason games is still remarkable and points to some real potential. With how atrocious our return game has been for years, I'm willing to give the guy a second chance.
I was in a colts forum reading about the game and a Texnas fan predicted Holiday would fumble before he fielded the punt. He said he does that a lot.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #16
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

PR guys put the ball on the ground from time to time. Now if this becomes a repeat issue, then yeah, end the experiment. The timing sucked, being it was his very first attempt, but it's not like he severely misjudged the punt and tried to catch it over his head or it hit his chest and bounced to the ground with 10 yards of running room. It wasn't a fumble due to a blatantly stupid decision. There was a slight muff brought about by borderline illegal kick catch interference. Should he have caught the ball? Yeah, but I agree that you give him another chance.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #17
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

eh, i can live with an occasional mistake if he can rip off some good returns and break a few to the house. not interested in seeing 7.5 yards be all we can get on a return.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #18
menonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I was in a colts forum reading about the game and a Texnas fan predicted Holiday would fumble before he fielded the punt. He said he does that a lot.
Looking at his NFL.com stats page, it says he had only fumbled once before the Chargers game.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #19
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

obviously it will take a few games to see the benefit here, but if we keep giving the other team a chance in our territory like that, I would take the slow guy that catches it every day of the week
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #20
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
That's the way it is around here. People react in the extreme. If we were all on the Queen Mary and every time we all had an opinion shift we had to run to the other side of the ship the back and forth motion would roll her over.

Fox is doing the right thing here. Not only is he giving the guy another shot, but he's pumping up his confidence, which is something you really need to have in that KR/PR position.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #21
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Anyone else think Peyton Manning and our Defense saved Trindon Holliday's Career?
Absolutely. Giving up 10 points, with a short San Diego field, was about as good as the defense could do...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #22
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Their guy pushed our guy into him? Is Fox even watching the same game? The charger player was in his bubble. Not a bronco. And it was catchable. At the high school and college level it's excusable. In the pros that should be caught. Again every once in a while fox reminds us he went 1-15. It was THEIR guy not ours.
Yeah, coaches trying to stand up for their guys publicly always deal exclusively in facts and throw guys under the bus.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #23
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Omg. Coach defends player.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:28 AM   #24
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Disagree. There was no contact. He got spooked with the defender right there and muffed it.

The guy is too small to do anything else on the field, what is the upside of having him on the roster? Slow ass Leonhard can at least come in and play on the D (and do a respectable job at that).
Quote:

Let's thank the lord this guy isn't in charge of our ST.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #25
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Let's thank the lord this guy isn't in charge of our ST.
or Houston.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote