The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #51
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
Well the two guys ahead of Moreno right now arent quite world beaters. Ill admit im grasping at straws, but our options are limited.
That was a little tongue-in-cheek

Last edited by Pony Boy; 11-02-2013 at 06:28 PM..
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #52
Bacchus

The Chargers did not give him much room. I think in order for Denver to be more successful running they have to start out passing the ball.

Thqt is what Elway did in 1997 and 1998. Start out passing the ball get up 7-0 or 10-0 and then start running the ball. The defense will be on their heals. You noticed late in the game after Manning had torched SD McGahee started getting better lanes to run in.

Manning needs to start out the games in a hurry-up offense and DO NOT RUN THE BALL. Pass every freaking time until you get the TD. That alone will open up the running game the next series.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #53
Mile High Salute

Quote:
me and about 15 others in this thread.
...who don't know what the heck you're talking about. You think McGahee is washed up, and you want to see Moreno??

M-kay...Try watching some football for a change.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #54
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Well the two guys ahead of Moreno right now arent quite world beaters. Ill admit im grasping at straws, but our options are limited.
Denver could surf the FA list and find a better back than Slowshon. Tim Hightower off the top of my head is one.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #55
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
On a side note (and I like to toot my own horn) David Wilson, the RB I proposed the Broncos really wanted but did not get and instead settled for Hillman, David Wilson looks FANTASTIC. He's killing it.
lol...David Wilson has not been "killing" it. He has 15 total carries (less than Hillman) and when Bradshaw went down against the Skins and was out against the Panthers, they went with and started Andre Brown. A journey man RB.

The Broncos run blocking has been suspect this season when Peyton lines up under center. They need to get that fixed... Broncos are 29th in the league in YPC.

Granted they've played 4 of the top run defenses in the league.

The blocking hasn't been great and McGahee has made many plays when nothing was there. McGahee played great in the 2nd half of the Chargers game though and really has some tough runs.

I'd love to see Hillman part of the running game and passing game more, and he's starting to block well. Broncos run blocking just hasn't been great along with playing elite run defenses... I'm sure Hillman will be getting more carries as time goes on.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #56
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Until the 4th quarter, McGahee looked slow because he constantly had to sidestep a defender in the backfield almost as soon as he got the ball.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #57
fwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
...who don't know what the heck you're talking about. You think McGahee is washed up, and you want to see Moreno??

M-kay...Try watching some football for a change.

theres about 15 posters in this thread that saw what i saw last night. he looked slow! i didnt say he was washed up nor did i say Moreno should be the starter. maybe he's hurt. and what does watching more football have to do with anything? slow is slow dummy.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #58
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
lol...David Wilson has not been "killing" it. He has 15 total carries (less than Hillman) and when Bradshaw went down against the Skins and was out against the Panthers, they went with and started Andre Brown. A journey man RB.

The Broncos run blocking has been suspect this season when Peyton lines up under center. They need to get that fixed... Broncos are 29th in the league in YPC.

Granted they've played 4 of the top run defenses in the league.

The blocking hasn't been great and McGahee has made many plays when nothing was there. McGahee played great in the 2nd half of the Chargers game though and really has some tough runs.

I'd love to see Hillman part of the running game and passing game more, and he's starting to block well. Broncos run blocking just hasn't been great along with playing elite run defenses... I'm sure Hillman will be getting more carries as time goes on.
Regardless, Wilson has been an impact on special teams and the Giants have depth at the RB position.

Also, the irony of this is we had Andre Brown too but let him walk.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #59
Action

Quote:
Regardless, Wilson has been an impact on special teams and the Giants have depth at the RB position.

Also, the irony of this is we had Andre Brown too but let him walk.
So did many other teams. Andre Brown was injury prone... oh and look he's injured now.

No one is drafting an RB based on his ability to contribute to special teams, that is just a cherry on top when you're evaluating.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #60
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
So did many other teams. Andre Brown was injury prone... oh and look he's injured now.

No one is drafting an RB based on his ability to contribute to special teams, that is just a cherry on top when you're evaluating.
the NYG's certainly didn't need Wilson but they took him so what does that tell you, especially considering how good the Giants draft?

Um, yah.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #61
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

It seemed early in the game they would run WM off the left side and was getting bottled up pretty good. Either they saw something they were trying to exploit, or didnt want to run to the right side yet until Kupers up to full speed ? But he did look like he had heavy legs the 1st half, but the second half he was in beast mode.

I was hoping to see Hillman get a screen pass, but PM was getting yards in chunks, so dont fix what's not broke.

In regards to Moreno, I think he should be on the field just to retrieve the tee on kickoffs. Just to see if he can run in a straight line..lol.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #62
Mile High Salute

Quote:
theres about 15 posters in this thread that saw what i saw last night. he looked slow! i didnt say he was washed up nor did i say Moreno should be the starter. maybe he's hurt. and what does watching more football have to do with anything? slow is slow dummy.
You said "Maybe its time to get Moreno back in the mix and give the guy one last try." But, whatever. The point is that you're completely wrong on McGahee. They've been trying to write his epitaph for years, but he continues to prove all the haters and doubters wrong. The man is on pace for over 1,100 yards this season. And you think because the Chargers committed to stopping the run in the 1st half it means he's slow?? He routinely falls forward to pick up extra yards and routinely makes something out of nothing. And he is a powerful back who gets stronger as the game goes on. Hillman is a nice change-of-pace back, but McGahee is our guy.

Put it this way: tell me 10 other backs in the NFL right now you'd rather have over McGahee. I'll bet you can't. I don't even know if I could. The fact of the matter is we are lucky to have a back of McGahee's caliber in Denver, and one half of the Chargers loading the box to stop the run doesn't change that. He freaking OWNED the Chargers last year, and they weren't going to let McGahee beat them again. Enter Peyton Manning and huge 2nd half comeback, yada yada yada.

Last edited by Mile High Salute; 10-16-2012 at 04:33 PM..
Old 10-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #63
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

This guy seems to be a much fast version the McGahee. You have to play, what, 2 years before coming out??

This guy is going to be a beast!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #64
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

McGahee injured his ribs/cartiledge two weeks back.

It's NOT an injury that heals quickly and it's pretty painful.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #65
Action

Quote:
the NYG's certainly didn't need Wilson but they took him so what does that tell you, especially considering how good the Giants draft?

Um, yah.
They needed depth at RB coming into the draft... in case you forgot they lost Jacobs in FA.

So again, you're incorrect here as RB was a NEED coming into the draft for the Giants.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #66
Victor
The Dude Abides

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
I agree...I thought he looked tentative. Bruised ribs will do that to you, if that's the case.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #67
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
They needed depth at RB coming into the draft... in case you forgot they lost Jacobs in FA.

So again, you're incorrect here as RB was a NEED coming into the draft for the Giants.
what do you mean "lost"? They let Jacobs go. It happens a lot with RBs older RBs, especially big ones who take a pounding. But whatever homey.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #68
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
I thought the Chargers dline played well at th point of attack agains the run. McGhee ran hard even though he was getting stuffed.
Chargers run defense was allowing about 75 yards per game prior to last night.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #69
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

This is off topic, so what it be, but why was each wr that lined up next to dt last night telling him where to go with his routes? Both decker and stokes had to tell him the appropriate route?

Mcgahee runs hard but he appears to have some soreness in his core as hell go out for a few and come back in...i fhink he has some sore ribs as indicated by his running style...falling forward causes him pain.

Are tamme and dreesen really good tight ends? I have been really disappointed in their ability to get open laterally.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #70
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
I have to agree...Willis only has so many more carries in him honestly. He's been a warrior, but he needs rest.

Good news is, another good crop of RB's coming next season.
from the games I have seen the last few years there is a really good RB crop this year that and MLB'ers look good.
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #71
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

dreesen give him time ... he is a Td machine ... each game I seen him get better
Old 10-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #72
Bacchus

In the first half, San Diego held Willis McGahee to five yards on seven carries. In the second half, McGahee had 10 carries for 51 yards and while the Chargers got near Manning, they couldn’t bring him down, or do enough to slow Denver’s attack.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #73
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

I like all the Oklahoma RB's .
Old 10-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #74
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Arkansas and gamecocks also

Last edited by ~Crash~; 10-16-2012 at 07:29 PM..
Old 10-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #75
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Meh, he started the season as #2 and was deactivated after a fumble.

If we did that to every Bronco who fumbled this season we wouldn't be able to field a complete team.
Coaching staff might have told him to check himself out if he feels any fatuge given our lack of death at the position.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote