The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #101
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Well, which candy bar?
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #102
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Well, which candy bar?
Obviously...a candybar with peanuts.
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #103
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Good point.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #104
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

You run to a Simmons thread like a fly to ****.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #105
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Oh, I see what you did there.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #106
TonyR
Franchise Poster

The requisite Bill Simmons update: he picks the Broncos to win this week! And thinks it possible we'll be 9-3 after 12 games.

Quote:
Broncos (+1.5) over CHARGERS

Q: Norv Turner's resume:

• Coached more games than any other coach with an overall losing record.
• Started 2-0 only once (this season) in 15 seasons as a head coach
• 49-68-1 in 1 possession games; 2nd worst all-time
• Only coach to ever lose to an interim's interim coach
—Eric, Spokane

SG: (Nodding.)

Q: Last week you cited some statistics, then used logic and reason to talk yourself into taking the Chargers over the Saints. How could you? Don't you know by now that Norv Turner is completely immune to logic and reason?? The only thing more likely than an end-game coaching fiasco involving Norv was a Phillip Rivers meltdown, followed by him giving his teammates annoyed looks on national television. If you offer any analysis this week beyond "Norv Turner vs. Peyton Manning on Monday Night Football", I'm going to have to assume that this column is being written by an interim-interim Sports Guy and that the real Sports Guy is serving a 16-game suspension.
—Matt, Astoria

SG: I can't pick the Broncos violently enough. You're preaching to the choir. And for the record, Denver follows this game with a bye week, then hosts New Orleans, goes to Cincy and Carolina, hosts San Diego, goes to Kansas City, hosts Tampa and plays Oakland on Thursday night. Could we really see Mr. Noodle taking a 9-3 record into that Oakland game? Absolutely! Pass me the grated cheese and the red pepper: We're riding Peyton's linguini arm these next few weeks. Starting with Monday night. Thank you, gambling gods, for making Peyton Manning an underdog to Norv Turner on a Monday night in my lifetime. You're too kind.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/.../to-believe-in
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #107
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Bill Simmons is a Bronco-hating hack who clearly knows nothing about football.

I think?
Old 10-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #108
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:

I think?
I don't see it as surprising that he picks us over SD. SD is literally on the West Coast whereas Denver is in the Rockies.

And before you guys say he lives in LA...that's only true in a very hyper technical and deceptive way. He lives in the Little Boston hub of LA.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #109
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Well, that's the silliest thing I've ever heard. And I've heard some silly things.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #110
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlen’s Legacy

Kiss of death. I want everyone to pick against us. Every week. Forever.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #111
fwf

Quote:

I think?
I think its fair to go back and look at what he said after the Houston game...

SG: That's definitely Eddie Money. As for Peyton … I have to be honest, I don't understand the respect that people are giving Denver at all. Manning's arm looks dreadful. Really bad. Like seeing a formerly great pitcher in the last year of his career when he's throwing junk and relying on pinpoint location, with no room for error whatsoever. I just don't see how this gets better. They have a terrible running game and a noodle-armed QB. They fell behind by 20 points in Week 2 and Week 3. What am I missing? And who would you wager on if I offered you the line, "Total Number of 2012 Peyton Manning Starts (-2) Total Number of 2012 Michael Vick Starts?"

Clearly hating.

Now this week...

SG: I can't pick the Broncos violently enough. You're preaching to the choir. And for the record, Denver follows this game with a bye week, then hosts New Orleans, goes to Cincy and Carolina, hosts San Diego, goes to Kansas City, hosts Tampa and plays Oakland on Thursday night. Could we really see Mr. Noodle taking a 9-3 record into that Oakland game? Absolutely! Pass me the grated cheese and the red pepper: We're riding Peyton's linguini arm these next few weeks. Starting with Monday night. Thank you, gambling gods, for making Peyton Manning an underdog to Norv Turner on a Monday night in my lifetime. You're too kind.

Seems far fetched for Peyton and the Broncos to accomplish this since according to Simmons in week 4 - theres no way Peyton doesnt get hurt and theres no way this "formally great pitcher in his last season" could do squat and theres no way are running backs do anything since we have a "terrible" running game. Simmons is backtracking. This is clearly an instance where a writer deserves to be blistered by a fan base. **** him.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #112
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

First off, our running game is nothing special. I know you seem to think we have Terrell Davis circa 1998 back there, but we don't.

But secondly, isn't it possible for a guy to be wrong on something and change his attitude? Or do we have to always stick to our opinions no matter what?

The fact is, we didn't look very good against the Texans or Falcons. But we shredded Oakland and looked better against New England. I don't see a problem with somebody getting more evidence -- seeing more games -- and changing his point of view.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #113
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
First off, our running game is nothing special. I know you seem to think we have Terrell Davis circa 1998 back there, but we don't.

But secondly, isn't it possible for a guy to be wrong on something and change his attitude? Or do we have to always stick to our opinions no matter what?

The fact is, we didn't look very good against the Texans or Falcons. But we shredded Oakland and looked better against New England. I don't see a problem with somebody getting more evidence -- seeing more games -- and changing his point of view.
It's like stating on Tuesday you are a vegan and on Thursday posting a recipe for making pork sausage.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #114
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
It's like stating on Tuesday you are a vegan and on Thursday posting a recipe for making pork sausage.
No, it's not. A major life decision (i.e., being a vegan) is absolutely not the same as having an opinion on a pro football player's capabilities.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #115
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo

Quote:
No, it's not. A major life decision (i.e., being a vegan) is absolutely not the same as having an opinion on a pro football player's capabilities.
Lies!
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #116
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
You're serious.....
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #117
fwf

Quote:

No, the fact is- he had been waiting for any chance to pounce on Peyton and the Broncos. Its fine if were 4-7 and getting beat by the bottom dwellers of the league. But it was week 4 -his first season here, coming off surgery, learning to mesh with new guys. Simmons is a Broncos hater and the Broncos are my team- so yeah, i feel obligated to stick up for them when their getting slighted by a writer who has millions of readers. Not only is he a hater, but he cant even stand by his words now. Makes it twice as bad. Thats why i say **** him and stopped reading his drivel.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #118
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
No, the fact is- he had been waiting for any chance to pounce on Peyton and the Broncos. Its fine if were 4-7 and getting beat by the bottom dwellers of the league. But it was week 4 -his first season here, coming off surgery, learning to mesh with new guys. Simmons is a Broncos hater and the Broncos are my team- so yeah, i feel obligated to stick up for them when their getting slighted by a writer who has millions of readers. Not only is he a hater, but he cant even stand by his words now. Makes it twice as bad. Thats why i say **** him and stopped reading his drivel.
HE. DOESN'T. HATE. THE. BRONCOS.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #119
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I don't see it as surprising that he picks us over SD. SD is literally on the West Coast whereas Denver is in the Rockies.

And before you guys say he lives in LA...that's only true in a very hyper technical and deceptive way. He lives in the Little Boston hub of LA.
Where is little Boston? I thought he lived in my neighborhood. He references it enough. And he's pretty LA at this point.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:40 AM   #120
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Where is little Boston? I thought he lived in my neighborhood. He references it enough. And he's pretty LA at this point.
Oh pay no attention to SoCal, much like any thread regarding DJ Williams he's now resorting to just making things up.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #121
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Oh pay no attention to SoCal, much like any thread regarding DJ Williams he's now resorting to just making things up.
You do realize he's just ****ing with you, right?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #122
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
You do realize he's just ****ing with you, right?
Clearly I don't. Boy is my face red.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #123
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

984 Yards 9 TDs and one INT in the last three games for the noodle.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote