The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 07:43 AM   #151
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I think the Broncos are going to regret not getting Clady signed.
Why? Because you think he would have resigned cheaper? Well he obviously didn't like the offer he got. So.. You think he will leave in Free Agency?
Old 10-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #152
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
This is really misleading.

First, 10% TFL for a LB is a very low ratio. He had 75 tackles and 27 assists last year for a whopping 102 total tackles and only 8 tackles for loss. So, techincally its 8% TFL, of those 5 were sacks, so he really only had 3 tackles for loss on a RB or a WR or a TE.

For a WLB his numbers are pathetic. His Positive Win Probability is ****ty too making him the 51st best LB in the nation (Von Miller came in second). HIs EPA was 74th in the League.

46th in Passes Defensed, 44th in QB Hits, 16th in Forced Fumbles, 46th in TFL, and NOT among the 55 Linebackers in the country that got at least one interception.

Im not sure what you want to use to define his role. If, as a WLB, he is supposed to rush the passer, he sucks at it. If, as a WLB he is supposed to get stops, he sucks at it. If as a WLB he is supposed to drop into coverage, he sucks at it.

Quite frankly, DJ is a very below average Linebacker on the field and a ****ty person off it. The sooner we trade/cut/get rid of this Hurricane trash the better
But but but he led the team in tackles. That is the war cry.

What most do not realize or do not want to is the defense is designed for lbs to make the tackles. So BFD about that.
If he is not doing I the guy that has played his spot this year will.

Last year WW outplayed him in all aspects besides sacks. I suspect that WW was not asked to blitz much. As it seems that this year he is indeed on pace to beat dumb asses totals for the prior year.

Oh BTW WW started 6 games less than dumb ass did, still had better stats than dreams hero.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #153
CEH
Ring of Famer

DJ is an overrated LBer and has been for a while and at $5MM a year is one of the worst ROI in the league

We could use that $5MM in alot better ways and get the same production out of Woodyard

I expect a WSLBer who is making that much money to be a playmaker

DJ is a player just off the field not on it

I've wanted Denver to free up that money for years now. Finally they may be forced to after the dumbass used animal urine to try and pass a drug test
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #154
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Same turds still comparing Woodyard to Williams? Haha.

Man, no wonder this franchise is average and has been for 15 years.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #155
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Same turds still comparing Woodyard to Williams? Haha.

Man, no wonder this franchise is average and has been for 15 years.
This is a business. Im comparing ROI but then again after you go to Goggle to look up ROI you will realize what I'm talking about

DJ has been here the longest Funny how that coincides with your statement about the Broncos being average

He's the poster child for average.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #156
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
That's why I have looked ahead to Free Agency and draft prospects.
Obviously we can't address starters for every spot from the draft.

http://nfltraderumors.co/nfltr-featu...l-free-agents/

MLB: Urlacher is the only option I don't see it being realistic.
WLB: Love Erin Henderson!!
DT: Branch, Glen Dorsey
S: JARIUS BIRD! Phillips, Landry

The idea obviously is to not break the bank, so I would target 3 realistic players..
Erin Henderson who is under paid and not appreciated by Minnesota. Dorsey does not fit a 3-4 and would thrive in a 4-3. JARIUS BIRD would be a huge Safety acquisition that I can't stress enough!

Hunter will be back next year, and if he plays like he started to, then DE is fine, plus I expect Jackson to be a great DE back up on the strong side. Wolfe at DT next year will help the interior push.

That would only leave MLB, which I am beyond fine moving up for Te'o.
Laurinitis or however you spell it would be a huge addition. I'd take him over Urlacher at this point but I highly doubt St Louis lets him go.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #157
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Laurinitis or however you spell it would be a huge addition. I'd take him over Urlacher at this point but I highly doubt St Louis lets him go.
I don't know when the list stopped updating, but he signed a 5 year $41.5 million deal. We are going to have to draft one or trade for one..
Old 10-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #158
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

So DJ is the answer at LB for a team that has seen terrible LB play for his entire career? mmmkay...
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #159
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
So DJ is the answer at LB for a team that has seen terrible LB play for his entire career? mmmkay...
But But But he led the team in tackles, so he must be great.. did you miss that memo?
Old 10-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #160
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
DJ Williams on the field now makes our defense better. That is the purpose of the thread. Somehow people have it confused with me thinking Williams is the GOAT, when that is hardly the case (would have loved Steven Jackson).

BTW, how's J.J. Watt doing these days?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #161
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
DJ Williams on the field now makes our defense better. That is the purpose of the thread. Somehow people have it confused with me thinking Williams is the GOAT, when that is hardly the case (would have loved Steven Jackson).

BTW, how's J.J. Watt doing these days?
I agree. I loved the Champ for Portis trade then the best RB in the draft dropped to Denver and Shanny fu&* that up selecting the very pedestrian LB.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #162
CEH
Ring of Famer

Yes they could use DJ but fact is DJ Williams let his teammates down. That is a cardinal sin in the NFL
Old 10-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #163
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
But But But he led the team in tackles, so he must be great.. did you miss that memo?
you're like a broken record. We get it already, you don't like DJ and you don't like Shanahan. Please, just move the ***** on already.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:41 AM   #164
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
you're like a broken record. We get it already, you don't like DJ and you don't like Shanahan. Please, just move the ***** on already.
I will continue to state the facts on losers, which you aptly named above.

Dj is atypical athlete that started our strong and then never got better. Because IMO he was not willing to go the extra mile or if he was willing was to stupid to Make the next leap..

They gave him a chance to be both the SAM and mike. But he wanted to play WLB. Was unable to learn the defense for more than one spot and relied on being an athlete.

When promoted to play MIKE was either to dumb to make the correct calls for the front seven or to lazy.

He off the field stuff tells me he is dumber than a rock.

As for mikey great scheme maker. That without HOF talent can't win the big ones. (playoffs for the nimrods on here)

As for HC making all the decisions on players he sucked. Ran off countless DC that given some talent to work with might have been one hell of a lot better than they were being in a revolving door on DCs and schemes they all brought in new each year.

I'm pretty sure most of the posters on here over the age of 30 saw his fubars and could have Done a better job on players and keeping coaches on staff.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #165
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
I will continue to state the facts on losers, which you aptly named above.

Dj is atypical athlete that started our strong and then never got better. Because IMO he was not willing to go the extra mile or if he was willing was to stupid to Make the next leap..

They gave him a chance to be both the SAM and mike. But he wanted to play WLB. Was unable to learn the defense for more than one spot and relied on being an athlete.

When promoted to play MIKE was either to dumb to make the correct calls for the front seven or to lazy.

He off the field stuff tells me he is dumber than a rock.

As for mikey great scheme maker. That without HOF talent can't win the big ones. (playoffs for the nimrods on here)

As for HC making all the decisions on players he sucked. Ran off countless DC that given some talent to work with might have been one hell of a lot better than they were being in a revolving door on DCs and schemes they all brought in new each year.

I'm pretty sure most of the posters on here over the age of 30 saw his fubars and could have Done a better job on players and keeping coaches on staff.
broken record is broke
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #166
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
broken record is broke
And since there are still morons out there that do not get it it will remain broke.

It needs repeating until they get that their idols, the guys they have a bromance with do not walk on water like they think they do.

They are mere mortals with flaws. Mikey with his EGO and dj with his stupidity.

If dj was lawerence Taylor stats wise or style wise I might buy into overlooking his dumb assery. But he is an average player that has played on a defense of under average or poss poor players so he stuck out.

He is making 5+ million a year for average play something we can and HAVE in an undrafted FA Woodyard at IIRC less than 300K.

Coupled with off the field issues it is time to move on.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #167
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

The only people "Wishing" DJ was playing are those with severe reactive attachment disorder (RAD). DJ Williams is average and for what he is being compensated, he should be way above average. The only time DJ has shined is when he was surrounded by serious talent i.e. Concord De La Salle in HS or at Miami. Other's made him look good because he sure in the hell does not make other look good.

Do not get me into his lack of leadership or his off field actions that have cost him half the season this year.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #168
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Not true, his rookie year we had great LB play.

But we also had Al Wilson.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #169
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
The only people "Wishing" DJ was playing are those with severe reactive attachment disorder (RAD). DJ Williams is average and for what he is being compensated, he should be way above average. The only time DJ has shined is when he was surrounded by serious talent i.e. Concord De La Salle in HS or at Miami. Other's made him look good because he sure in the hell does not make other look good.

Do not get me into his lack of leadership or his off field actions that have cost him half the season this year.
Really good post..

Let me add.
Quote:
Bronco D.J. Williams to serve 30 days in-home detention but after Super Bowl

A Denver County Court judge on Wednesday sentenced Broncos linebacker D.J. Williams to 30 days of in-home detention for his most recent driving while ability impaired conviction, but delayed the penalty's start date until Feb. 7 just after the Super Bowl.

Prosecutors sought a month in jail, saying it was Williams' second ability-impaired driving conviction in just more than five years. He also faces two years of mandatory probation.

But Williams' attorney Harvey Steinberg noted the football player already has faced stiff penalties from his employer as a result of his conviction: A three-game suspension that has cost him "millions."

Judge Brian Campbell said the NFL-imposed punishment and alcohol abuse treatment weighed heavily with him.

Campbell delayed the imposition of Williams' detention after Steinberg told the court that the Bronco would not be allowed to play in home games with the ankle bracelet required to monitor his whereabouts.

"Any time you make mistakes, he's paying his dues right now, literally," Broncos coach John Fox said. "So it's a process. He's done what he's supposed to through the process and we'll honor what they decide.

Read more: Bronco D.J. Williams to serve 30 days in-home detention but after Super Bowl - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2AHWt8ivz
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Old 10-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #170
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post

He is above average. Like a C+ type LBer. The kicker is outside of Miller he is the best lBer ont he team. So, Denver needs to upgrade LBers in the offseason, but Williams will help when he gets off suspension.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:30 AM   #171
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
He is above average. Like a C+ type LBer. The kicker is outside of Miller he is the best lBer ont he team. So, Denver needs to upgrade LBers in the offseason, but Williams will help when he gets off suspension.
It is only YOUR Opinion that he is an above average lb and yet you have zero proof that he is the second best lb on the team..

Stats say otherwise..

Code:
WOODY
              G	GS	      Total	Solo	Ast	Sck	SFTY	PDef	Int	Yds	Avg	Lng	TDs	FF	FR
TOTAL 	
2012 	DEN 	6 	5 	48 	33 	15 	2.0 	-- 	1 	1 	7 	-- 	7 	0 	0 	--
2011 	DEN 	15 	7 	97 	67 	30 	0.0 	-- 	2 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	2 	--

Dumb Ass
2011 	DEN 	13 	13 	90 	70 	20 	5.0 	-- 	2 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	3 	1
just for giggles. Millers number
2012 	DEN 	6 	6 	26 	20 	6 	6.0 	-- 	1 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	1 	--
2011 	DEN 	15 	15 	64 	50 	14 	11.5 	-- 	4 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	2 	--
Brookings
2012 	DEN 	6 	4 	22 	13 	9 	0.0 	-- 	0 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	1 	--
Mays
2012 	DEN 	5 	4 	20 	7 	13 	0.5 	-- 	0 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	-- 	0 	--
if you look closely at the numbers you see in 2011 when they both played in 6 less starts WW lead him in tackles, had the same number of passes defensed, one less forced fumble.. dumb ass beat him in sacks, but since we have no idea it WW was asked to attempt blitz's we have no way of knowing that he may have gotten a similar number there also..

in the five games started this year WW is on pace or ahead of DJ for tackles, sacks,PD and ahead OF HIM IN PICKS..

IMO WW is the second best LB on the team at this point in the season..

IN fact looks like he is a ahead of Miller in tackles by almost 2 to1, same in pass defensed and ahead in picks..

Now Brookings is almost that same as Miller in all stats save sacks..

and since I added Mays he is about the same stat wise as Miller, Brooking..

So while I know you and several others have a huge Woody for DJ you might want to revise your thought process on him.. HE ain't the same guy you fell in love with..

BTW I read some where that most of his tackles are drag them down from behind, Something I have been saying for several years.. His numbers have been great but when the tackle is after they make a first down, well it is not all that special..

I'm hoping that they keep Woodyard doing what he has been doing playing damned fine football..

NOW I will agree that we have a soft spot at Mike and Brookings is only a rental so let both hope they find a great replacement in the off season if one of the kiddies do not step up..

Last edited by lonestar; 10-25-2012 at 01:32 AM..
Old 10-25-2012, 01:50 AM   #172
swaiy

2012 and we are still talking about Shanahan? It must suck to be forever stuck in the past.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #173
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
DJ is an overrated LBer and has been for a while and at $5MM a year is one of the worst ROI in the league

We could use that $5MM in alot better ways and get the same production out of Woodyard

I expect a WSLBer who is making that much money to be a playmaker

DJ is a player just off the field not on it

I've wanted Denver to free up that money for years now. Finally they may be forced to after the dumbass used animal urine to try and pass a drug test
I see what you're saying, but I don't think too many people are propping up DJ as any kind of long-term 5mil a year answer.

But don't forget, we just re-signed and paid 4.5 to a guy who was just good enough to get introduced to the bench through a quarter of the season.

Our LB situation is comical, yes. But it's perfectly sane to argue that DJ coming back might be an improvement (marginally) over our sad situation.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #174
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
2012 and we are still talking about Shanahan? It must suck to be forever stuck in the past.
While I have not super scoured the thread I do not recall a reference to Tanahan.

I did comment on mike as in MLB.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:11 AM   #175
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I see what you're saying, but I don't think too many people are propping up DJ as any kind of long-term 5mil a year answer.

But don't forget, we just re-signed and paid 4.5 to a guy who was just good enough to get introduced to the bench through a quarter of the season.

Our LB situation is comical, yes. But it's perfectly sane to argue that DJ coming back might be an improvement (marginally) over our sad situation.
Many talking about him lovingly as the second coming. And all our problems will be solved once he is back.

While I realize that Mays may have been a mistake made in the haste of UFA season, IIRC we were bidding against NOL and JDR who is about as good as it comes about LBs along with Fox saw something in him worth keeping as did apparently NOL.
Something that could be coached up.

Now perhaps they were wrong.

But they also know whata turd personally and frankly professionally DJ is and IF they keep him it will be at a highly reduced contract this coming season considering his huge contract.

What will happen to Mays remains to be seen, but I suspect that unless one of the KIDDIEs picked up over the past two years really jumps up, that MLB will be addressed in the offseason.

I would be adamantly opposed to taking any of the current starters out of the line up miller,bookings or Woooyard to put either mays or DJ in unless there is an injury. Neither are an upgrade over them.