The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #51
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
My point I'm trying to make? 2011 season is over and overall records are set.

Our 2012 opponents can get better or worse over the next 12 weeks. Lets say Brady and Ryan go down for the year this week and both teams crumble and finish below .500. We went from losing to good teams during a small portion of the season to losing to bad teams according to the finished record. Just like Steelers could get healthier and finish with a winning record. Pretty simple.

San Diego has a winning record going into this week right? If Denver beats them do we get credit for beating a team with a winning record or a .500 team?
We get credit for beating every team, every time, not just when we like the starting QB. That is my point. I will never, ever, complain about a Broncos win. No one here cried over the Hochuli game, but they gnashed their teeth all of last year.

I'm not the one taking solace that we lost to good teams, but only by a little. That is so flippin ridiculous, I don't know where to begin.

My whole point of bringing up last year is to highlight the hypocrisy and double standards around here. Seems as if I touched a nerve.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #52
menonite

Just go ahead and make this a Tebow thread. You guys know you want to.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #53
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
We get credit for beating every team, every time, not just when we like the starting QB. That is my point. I will never, ever, complain about a Broncos win. No one here cried over the Hochuli game, but they gnashed their teeth all of last year.

I'm not the one taking solace that we lost to good teams, but only by a little. That is so flippin ridiculous, I don't know where to begin.

My whole point of bringing up last year is to highlight the hypocrisy and double standards around here. Seems as if I touched a nerve.
You act like judging QBs just started when Tebow came to town. Its been going on since Elway left and even signing a HOF QB like Manning won't stop it. No one cried over the Hochuli game? Are you new to this board? People who hate Culter bring it up all the time.

See I understand Denver lost, yet I'm willing to give the team more then a few weeks to build chemistry before I freak out. Most of us see improvements though which gives us hope. Last time we played NE we turned the ball over one time and lost by 35 Points. This year we turned the ball over 4 times (1 on downs) and lost by 10. Sorry some of us see things being brighter now then what was going on last year.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #54
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Is a win against the Packers nothing now? How about the Saints?

You make my point. Saints have only one win and Packers look vunerable.

Listen up fools don't be baggin on my ass for tellin the truth.

I remeber few years back when fumbled and bumbled our way to a playoff win against the Patriots and I pointed out that we got lucky only to be destroyed by you fools and THEN THE STEELERS DESTROYED US IN THE AFCCG.

JUST TRYING TO BE REAL, DON'T BE AN ASS.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #55
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Is a win against the Packers nothing now? How about the Saints?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #56
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
So they should be a easy win then. Got it.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #57
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
So they should be a easy win then. Got it.
They better be. That's a game we NEED to lock up to recover ground with SD.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #58
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
Just go ahead and make this a Tebow thread. You guys know you want to.

well played.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #59
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Steelers are a second half team...of the season that is.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #60
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
Steelers are a second half team...of the season that is.
On that note, here are all the 2-3 teams:

Jets
Dolphins
Bills
Steelers
Redskins
Packers
Broncos

Hmmm... what does this mean when the Packers (a SB contender by anyone's standards) are 2-3? Even if they won the Seahawks game they are still only 3-2.

Now look at the 3-2 teams:

Patriots
Chargers
Bengles
Eagles
Giants
Rams
Seahawks

Hmmm... Point being, the last two teams that played in the SB are on par with the Broncos as far as wins and losses. It's way too early to push the panic button. I'm far more interested in how the Broncos finish than how they start the season, especially if they are "in the hunt" which they very much are.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #61
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
You act like judging QBs just started when Tebow came to town. Its been going on since Elway left and even signing a HOF QB like Manning won't stop it. No one cried over the Hochuli game? Are you new to this board? People who hate Culter bring it up all the time.

See I understand Denver lost, yet I'm willing to give the team more then a few weeks to build chemistry before I freak out. Most of us see improvements though which gives us hope. Last time we played NE we turned the ball over one time and lost by 35 Points. This year we turned the ball over 4 times (1 on downs) and lost by 10. Sorry some of us see things being brighter now then what was going on last year.
I'm not acting like anything.

I know your first reaction to anything is Tebow sucks.

Unfortunately for you though, my point has nothing to do with Tebow or Manning, which explains why you either don't comprehend what I'm saying, or you just choose to ignore it.

I'll reiterate: last year there was an excuse every week why we won. We played poor teams, we got lucky, other teams were injured, etc, etc.

OP asked if the win against the Steelers is as good as we thought since they are 2-3 as well.

Maybe, maybe not.

Point is, as I have already stated, a win is win. I don't care if we play a team worse than us, more injured than us, unluckier than us, or whatever. A win is a win. I'm sure you agree the win in week 1 this year is totally legit, right? So do I. Difference is, I also think all of our wins last year were legit. I don't think you feel the same. I know alot of people on here don't. So I raised the question if those same people will apply last year's logic to this year's team. Steelers were banged up in week 1 as well, but it's a non issue this time around.

Why?

Why was the playoff win riddled with qualifiers, but the win in week 1 wasn't? You don't see hypocrisy in that?

As for your other statement, I said all offseason this roster wasn't very good. I'm not surprised at all we are 2-3. It's just not a very good roster. So maybe there is some inherent disappointment I guess when a playoff team adds a Peyton Manning, and is 2-3. Still, I don't see this roster being Super Bowl calibre anytime soon.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #62
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
On that note, here are all the 2-3 teams:

Jets
Dolphins
Bills
Steelers
Redskins
Packers
Broncos

Hmmm... what does this mean when the Packers (a SB contender by anyone's standards) are 2-3? Even if they won the Seahawks game they are still only 3-2.

Now look at the 3-2 teams:

Patriots
Chargers
Bengles
Eagles
Giants
Rams
Seahawks

Hmmm... Point being, the last two teams that played in the SB are on par with the Broncos as far as wins and losses. It's way too early to push the panic button. I'm far more interested in how the Broncos finish than how they start the season, especially if they are "in the hunt" which they very much are.
Absolutely. Mike Shanahan is proof that going 5-0 means dog **** in the NFL.
I am very optimistic about this team. My concern is not about making the playoffs, it's Peyton not playing well in the playoffs. Hopefully he doesn't feel too pressured and can play the same caliber ball he plays during the regular season. By the time the playoffs roll around I feel we will be looking pretty good.

This week is a huge game though, don't kid yourselves.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #63
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
I'm not acting like anything.

I know your first reaction to anything is Tebow sucks.

Unfortunately for you though, my point has nothing to do with Tebow or Manning, which explains why you either don't comprehend what I'm saying, or you just choose to ignore it.

I'll reiterate: last year there was an excuse every week why we won. We played poor teams, we got lucky, other teams were injured, etc, etc.

OP asked if the win against the Steelers is as good as we thought since they are 2-3 as well.

Maybe, maybe not.

Point is, as I have already stated, a win is win. I don't care if we play a team worse than us, more injured than us, unluckier than us, or whatever. A win is a win. I'm sure you agree the win in week 1 this year is totally legit, right? So do I. Difference is, I also think all of our wins last year were legit. I don't think you feel the same. I know alot of people on here don't. So I raised the question if those same people will apply last year's logic to this year's team. Steelers were banged up in week 1 as well, but it's a non issue this time around.

Why?

Why was the playoff win riddled with qualifiers, but the win in week 1 wasn't? You don't see hypocrisy in that?

As for your other statement, I said all offseason this roster wasn't very good. I'm not surprised at all we are 2-3. It's just not a very good roster. So maybe there is some inherent disappointment I guess when a playoff team adds a Peyton Manning, and is 2-3. Still, I don't see this roster being Super Bowl calibre anytime soon.
Without the turnovers we could easily be 5-0. We are not that far away from being a top team. At least in my opinion.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #64
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Haven't and Can't are two different things
This^

Just because we haven't beaten three of the NFL's best teams doesn't mean we can't beat them. The abortion 4 turnover first half vs. Falcons cost us, the 3 turnovers (4 if you count McGahee's 4th down drop) vs. Patriots cost us, and I would argue allowing too many big plays by Texans cost us that game too.

Bottom line is we were still in everyone of those games before the 2:00 minute warning of the 4th qtr.....I truly believe that come the end of the season the Broncos will be a team nobody wants to face in the playoffs.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #65
CEH
Ring of Famer

2 of Washington's 5 wins last year came against the NYG

Team A defeated team B, and team B defeated team C. Therefore, team A will defeat team C."
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #66
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Yay old people smack.

"I'm a better fan because I was born sooner"
actually it is because I have played football and many forum members have learned the game from playing madden and FF..

Yep I'm old but I have seen more games than most and was there day one..

now if that is a bad, tough teats....
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #67
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
You are a wastrel and a champion of deconstructive criticism. You serve no purpose with your negative comments, whatsoever; other than as a placeholder for the detritus that washes up on this forum from other boards. Either you are a master troll or you are no Broncos fan.

Also, your grammar is terrible. You are missing nominative subjects in three of your four sentences. Finally, your last sentence points and underscores your unaparalled ignorance that is indicative of anthropomorphic trash. I believe your final sentence qualifies as attacking my family; since, you have implied that I am the progeny of multiple fathers that share a single eye. I expect an apology or I will report you to the mods.
wow an English teacher on top of all the other crap you post..

it is the internet not English 101..

if you do not wish to read my posts please by all means put me on IGGY..

as for my commentary about your dad having a gleam in his eye.. (maybe it was a term used before your youth) was a simple comment.. a saying of my times so to speak referring to the youth of the person in question..

if that still offends you by all means report me..

Last edited by lonestar; 10-12-2012 at 07:17 PM..
Old 10-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #68
menonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
actually it is because I have played football
Those leather helmets must have not been very good at preventing concussions.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #69
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Without the turnovers we could easily be 5-0. We are not that far away from being a top team. At least in my opinion.
actually if this was going into year two of the schemes, with all hands present being the same..

I doubt that we would have been down in those games, and certainly with less turnovers..

may not have won them but would not have had to work so hard catching up..
Old 10-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #70
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
not sure was wearing plastic not much padding but hell we even had face guards..

never had a concussion playing, only ****ing..
Old 10-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #71
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Hope I am wrong, mean we have come back in the three games against quality teams and couldn't really say they went into prevent but it is entirely probable.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #72
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
Here, here!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #73
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Hope I am wrong, mean we have come back in the three games against quality teams and couldn't really say they went into prevent but it is entirely probable.
you are most probably correct..

only those coaches and players know for sure..

I believe we are abetter team than we were last year..

and next year unless John pulls a mikey on us we will get several more players as rookies, and probably a couple more UFA.. But I suspect that we will lose clady because of the huge money he may be wanting..

several spots upgraded and maybe some depth in key spots..

not to mention more experience for lots of very young players..

that has the makings of a quality, consistent winner..
Old 10-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #74
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
Absolutely. Mike Shanahan is proof that going 5-0 means dog **** in the NFL.
I am very optimistic about this team. My concern is not about making the playoffs, it's Peyton not playing well in the playoffs. Hopefully he doesn't feel too pressured and can play the same caliber ball he plays during the regular season. By the time the playoffs roll around I feel we will be looking pretty good.

This week is a huge game though, don't kid yourselves.
Really, what years did Mike Shanahan go 5-0 where it meant nothing?
Old 10-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #75
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Especially when the forward pass wasnt passe yet. He was the man when it came to the wishbone formation. In fact, Navy looks at old silent films of Lonestar back in the day just to make sure they are doing it correctly.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote