The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,378
Default Beating Steelers not that impressive ?

Steelers have been dinged but overall not as tough as in past years.

I wonder if us beating them doesn't mean to much ?

Hope I am wrong and yes we got close to three very good teams but how much of the comebacks were because of prevent defenses ?
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #2
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,974

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Sure it was. We played them when they actually had an Oline.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
dictionary
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Sure it was. We played them when they actually had an Oline.
agreed. they lost two starting OLinemen that game and Mendenhall, not to mention that half their defensive starters were out too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #4
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Steelers have been dinged but overall not as tough as in past years.

I wonder if us beating them doesn't mean to much ?

Hope I am wrong and yes we got close to three very good teams but how much of the comebacks were because of prevent defenses ?
I had thought it was diminished when we played them load of injuries.. IIRC they were down to 5 OL guys only two of which were starters by games end..

was missing several other starters on defense as well..



Steelers O-linemen Marcus Gilbert (knee) and Ramon Foster (eye). ... Steelers star LB James Harrison (knee) sat out, as did S Ryan Clark, who has sickle cell trait that makes playing at altitude dangerous.

But back then everyone was on a high and did not want to listen..

manning was the man..

we were going to go 16-0
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #5
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Sure it was. We played them when they actually had an Oline.
actually NO

Steelers O-linemen Marcus Gilbert (knee) and Ramon Foster (eye). ... they did not suit up and they lost another two during the game forcing them to play a couple of them out of position..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #6
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,665
Default

Considering the scarcity of wins the first 5 weeks, I dont care if Denver gets one against CSU-Pueblo. It counts, doesnt it?


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #7
dictionary
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
actually NO

Steelers O-linemen Marcus Gilbert (knee) and Ramon Foster (eye). ... they did not suit up and they lost another two during the game forcing them to play a couple of them out of position..
Stay in West Texas. It is where hopes and dreams go to die. In fact, I hope you are somewhere between Abilene and El Paso, that way it verifies your pitiful existence; yet, does not validate it. Eat a bowl of d!cks and join a Raiders board.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #8
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Considering the scarcity of wins the first 5 weeks, I dont care if Denver gets one against CSU-Pueblo. It counts, doesnt it?



Lol.....yes I still count it too.....just sayin
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:48 PM   #9
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

If this was a NY Giants forum I'm sure I'd be reading

"Regular season 8-8, Super Bowl win not that impressive? "
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:52 PM   #10
Jetland
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Steelers have been dinged but overall not as tough as in past years.

I wonder if us beating them doesn't mean to much ?

Hope I am wrong and yes we got close to three very good teams but how much of the comebacks were because of prevent defenses ?
impressive?
is there some sort of BCS poll involved
Jesus Christ people a win is a win
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:01 AM   #11
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Is a win against the Packers nothing now? How about the Saints?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:06 AM   #12
menonite
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Yeah, John Fox should probably write the NFL and just have them remove that game from the win column. It's the right thing to do. It was practically cheating.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:11 AM   #13
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,509

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Steelers have been dinged but overall not as tough as in past years.

I wonder if us beating them doesn't mean to much ?

Hope I am wrong and yes we got close to three very good teams but how much of the comebacks were because of prevent defenses ?
With the Pats game it wasn't due to a prevent defense that a comeback seemed possible. Von exploded in the 2nd half and gave the offense a chance. The Pats were on their heels and had McGahee not had a couple bad plays we could very well be sitting at 3-2.

The Pats game is why I believe this team is only going to improve. Cut out the 2-3 mistakes or big mental errors a game and we aren't seeing late comebacks that fall short, but rather complete games and wins.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:12 AM   #14
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
Stay in West Texas. It is where hopes and dreams go to die. In fact, I hope you are somewhere between Abilene and El Paso, that way it verifies your pitiful existence; yet, does not validate it. Eat a bowl of d!cks and join a Raiders board.
Wow can't handle the truth. Sad for you. My existence is hardly pitiful. Have most likely been a bronco fan before you were a gleam in your daddies eye.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:00 AM   #15
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Steelers did lose to Raiders just saying. They aren't as good as they once were. Glad we beat them as we battled all game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:17 AM   #16
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,389

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

If we can't fix the weak under belly of the middle of our defense we are going to lose a lot of games
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:57 AM   #17
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,327
Default

Both Denver and Pitts have failed to make the play or two on the road to make that final difference and have had too many turnovers

Both have the ability to make a 2nd half run which really is when you want to be playing your best football

If Denver can win on the road at SD (a tough task based on early season results so far) they will put a stranglehold on the AFCW

This will be a game where Manning needs to earn his money.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:26 AM   #18
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 8,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Wow can't handle the truth. Sad for you. My existence is hardly pitiful. Have most likely been a bronco fan before you were a gleam in your daddies eye.
Yay old people smack.

"I'm a better fan because I was born sooner"
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #19
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 5,380
Default

A win is a win, regardless of who you beat. Winning is not easy in the NFL.

I am just curious though, to see how all the posters who explained away our success last year to not beating teams with winning records, react to the OP's question. I've already seen some expected replies.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #20
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,699

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
A win is a win, regardless of who you beat. Winning is not easy in the NFL.

I am just curious though, to see how all the posters who explained away our success last year to not beating teams with winning records, react to the OP's question. I've already seen some expected replies.
Excellent observation
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #21
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
A win is a win, regardless of who you beat. Winning is not easy in the NFL.

I am just curious though, to see how all the posters who explained away our success last year to not beating teams with winning records, react to the OP's question. I've already seen some expected replies.
Mainly because last year is over and we are only 5 games into the season this year. Pretty worthless observation if you ask me.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #22
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer
 
Broncos4Life's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 1,781
Default

Tebow put the dagger through the Pit defense and they never recovered.......
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #23
dictionary
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Wow can't handle the truth. Sad for you. My existence is hardly pitiful. Have most likely been a bronco fan before you were a gleam in your daddies eye.
You are a wastrel and a champion of deconstructive criticism. You serve no purpose with your negative comments, whatsoever; other than as a placeholder for the detritus that washes up on this forum from other boards. Either you are a master troll or you are no Broncos fan.

Also, your grammar is terrible. You are missing nominative subjects in three of your four sentences. Finally, your last sentence points and underscores your unaparalled ignorance that is indicative of anthropomorphic trash. I believe your final sentence qualifies as attacking my family; since, you have implied that I am the progeny of multiple fathers that share a single eye. I expect an apology or I will report you to the mods.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #24
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
You are a wastrel and a champion of deconstructive criticism. You serve no purpose with your negative comments, whatsoever; other than as a placeholder for the detritus that washes up on this forum from other boards. Either you are a master troll or you are no Broncos fan.

Also, your grammar is terrible. You are missing nominative subjects in three of your four sentences. Finally, your last sentence points and underscores your unaparalled ignorance that is indicative of anthropomorphic trash. I believe your final sentence qualifies as attacking my family; since, you have implied that I am the progeny of multiple fathers that share a single eye. I expect an apology or I will report you to the mods.
Already reported him. He has been like this for over a decade. It is sad.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #25
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,807

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

You guys are so soft.

I get what the OP is trying to say. I agree a win is a win. But was the Steelers win a win that demonstrates we can play and beat the "big boys" in the NFL. Not so sure now. What I do know is that this team is capable of playing with any team in the NFL if they clean up their mistakes. Stopping turning the ball over and win on 3rd downs and we're set. That easy!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:01 PM.


Denver Broncos