The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
Bacchus

Default $175 to go to Atwater banquet

Last edited by Bacchus; 10-12-2012 at 09:15 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Is Atwater going to be pissed at Bowlen for not picking up the whole tab.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Is Atwater going to be pissed at Bowlen for not picking up the whole tab.

Well if Pat doesn't, I'm sure the Moops will be along to help him write a book about all the injustices he's had to endure at the hands of people like Bowlen.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Bowlen has a team worth over $1 billion and he could not do what other NFL owners do and honor the past by helping Floyd little pay for $500 to help him with his expenses?

Now, I believe Pat is probably too senile to know what he is "supposed" to do at these HOF inductions but I do not blame Little for voicing his displeasure over it. It sounds like all the teams pick up these misc. expenditures their players incur at the HOF because it is a great moment for the organization as much as the player. The Broncos just showed they did not care about Little or the fact that he kept the Broncos in Denver.
sounds like? But is it true? Why would Floyd Little who has made a lot of money (and got book advances I'm sure) even need Bowlen to foot any of his ****?

and again with the false notion that Floyd kept the Broncos in Denver. Umm, not accurate at all....Gerald Phipps (and his brother) in '61 and '65 bought up shares of the team to prevent the Broncos being sold to interests in San Antonio and Atlanta. Floyd wasn't even a Bronco when the team was potentially skipping town.

Professional players make a lot more $$ than the average fan does...but they don't seem to have a problem charging a 6 year old kid $$ for autographs, etc...they also, due to their fame of being a pro athlete, have more doors open for them as far as post NFL jobs opportunities go
errand is offline   Reply With Quote