The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 05:34 AM   #151
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
One game soon Moore is going to grab a pick. Some players just take a bit longer to get comfortable. Also Dback increbily hard because there is so much real estate back there and the players so much better. In college with most qbs you dont worry about the type of throws Brady can make. So it can take some time but I think Moore looking better. Hes starting to make a few nice tackes a game. Hes not where he needs to be for a high draft pick or bona fide NFL starting calibar but by end of the yr I think he might be.
Agree, he just needs some strong Oskie Karma! I have a feeling once he gets his first this year, three or four will soon follow. Just has to get that confidence boosting INT... Then the gates will open!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #152
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Not anymore? Did you even read the wiki article you posted or know anything about the surgery in regards to NFL players?

Carter is looking at a long recovery and most likely will never be the same. Must hit the draft/FA this offseason.
it isn't anymore. the issue with the failures is that most were either on their last leg as a player or waited til the last option was microfracture.
the younger the person the higher the success rate. under 40 is better but younger than 30 is ideal due to the way the body reacts to the surgery.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #153
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

OK. Did ANYONE watch the Patriots game? Did Anyone watch Moore be totally indecisive almost every play about where to be? The ONLY good play he had was a short screen to welker where he had primary man coverage and got his TFL.

I had Moore making 15 minuses in run support, failing to secure his gap on over half of them until the RB passed the first down marker. I had him having 5 missed coverages where he simply failed to be where he needed to be. Look no further than Moore on Woodheads first down run on third and 17. Dude panicked and STOPPED once he had an opportunity to close on the ball.

Seriously, he played a lot more assignment sound in the passing game, but he was a scrub versus the run as a Safety against NE.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #154
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
OK. Did ANYONE watch the Patriots game? Did Anyone watch Moore be totally indecisive almost every play about where to be? The ONLY good play he had was a short screen to welker where he had primary man coverage and got his TFL.

I had Moore making 15 minuses in run support, failing to secure his gap on over half of them until the RB passed the first down marker. I had him having 5 missed coverages where he simply failed to be where he needed to be. Look no further than Moore on Woodheads first down run on third and 17. Dude panicked and STOPPED once he had an opportunity to close on the ball.

Seriously, he played a lot more assignment sound in the passing game, but he was a scrub versus the run as a Safety against NE.
I don't blame him. They're playing Adams closer to the LOS. Time for that scrub to man up and make a ****ing play
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #155
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:

Is the above why they bought in Blake Gideon to the PS?

How did you grade Mays out?
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #156
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I don't blame him. They're playing Adams closer to the LOS. Time for that scrub to man up and make a ****ing play
I would have cut Adams on the way home after watching his performance on SUN. He was twice as bad as Moore. However, neither safety would close on the ball in run support or in the middle of the field versus Welker or Gronk. It was worse than grading my high school team watching that game again....

Moore looked lost all game long, just like last year. He had the deer in the headlights look going on and he drifted off his drops horribly again. When he starts going bad, he just implodes. Dude needs to get thicker skin, trust the gameplan, and do his JOB!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #157
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Is the above why they bought in Blake Gideon to the PS?

How did you grade Mays out?
Non idea about gideon.

Mays and Adams were so poor in that game, I would have not them them on the team plane going home. They robbed the broncos witht hat performance. They got caught off guard with the Hurry up offense, failed to get the team set up correctly, blew assignments, failed to play proper techniques situationally, and were lost all game long.

The middle of this defense was atrocious and NE exploited it all game long!
Old 10-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #158
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I would have cut Adams on the way home after watching his performance on SUN. He was twice as bad as Moore. However, neither safety would close on the ball in run support or in the middle of the field versus Welker or Gronk. It was worse than grading my high school team watching that game again....

Moore looked lost all game long, just like last year. He had the deer in the headlights look going on and he drifted off his drops horribly again. When he starts going bad, he just implodes. Dude needs to get thicker skin, trust the gameplan, and do his JOB!
I would have cut Adams before he ever signed

Btw, have you noticed Claiborne is every bit as overrated as I warned? Guy is getting Mike Jenkins'd all day now that he doesnt have P2 or Honey Badger to hold his jock for him.

(btw, I hope Mathieu declares anyway and that we use an early pick on him )
Old 10-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #159
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

watched the replay again...the Broncos Quick Mix

Moore is awful...i retract my statement that he is improving...id rather have him miss big than play scared
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #160
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

Btw, have you noticed Claiborne is every bit as overrated as I warned? Guy is getting Mike Jenkins'd all day now that he doesnt have P2 or Honey Badger to hold his jock for him.

Have not seen Dallas at all this year. No time. As for Claiborne, P2 struggled mightily his first four or 5 games last year as well. Got picked on like all rookies do.

Still not a fan of Ryan's system in Dallas. Dude has a ton of defensive talent, and they are awful compared to Wade's defenses there. DAL should be a top 5 defense with those players, even if you or I were running it
Old 10-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #161
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Have not seen Dallas at all this year. No time. As for Claiborne, P2 struggled mightily his first four or 5 games last year as well. Got picked on like all rookies do.

Still not a fan of Ryan's system in Dallas. Dude has a ton of defensive talent, and they are awful compared to Wade's defenses there. DAL should be a top 5 defense with those players, even if you or I were running it
Having a couple PSU linebackers will do that
Old 10-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #162
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:

On the flipside Janoris Jenkins is every bit the stud we knew he would be - if he has cleaned up his act he is a major steal for the Rams.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #163
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
On the flipside Janoris Jenkins is every bit the stud we knew he would be - if he has cleaned up his act he is a major steal for the Rams.
Best corner in the draft by a VERY large margin and a better secondary add than Barron even.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #164
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Man I wanted Jenkins. He was top 15 talent with a cement head that scared away people. But his talent was never questioned and he can ball
Old 10-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #165
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
By "cleaned up his act", you mean... figured out how to circumvent drug tests?
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #166
R-Mac

Rahim Moore has become a good tackler. 37 tackles in 5 games. 28 solo.

He's on pace to end the season with 118 tackles, which is a Pro Bowl number for a FS/SS.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #167
DENVERDUI55

Elway needs to call up Nick Collins and see if he is hungry and ready to play.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #168
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Man I wanted Jenkins. He was top 15 talent with a cement head that scared away people. But his talent was never questioned and he can ball
Flat out ball. Knew he was going to be a stud. If he stays relatively straight, he might be pro-bowl good. It's rare to get his combination of body control, instincts, and speed. Even if he is sort of a dullard.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #169
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod-BR View Post

He's on pace to end the season with 118 tackles, which is a Pro Bowl number for a FS/SS.
The bad news is half of those tackles should have been Mays'
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #170
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

The problem is that over half those tackles came after a first down was made and he still is missing plays that need to be made by a competent safety in the NFL.

Tackles are the WORST statistical argument for defensive performance, because of a lack of situational representation. Making a tackle 3 yards past the first down marker when you should make it 3 yards before it is not executing your responsibility. It is still a minus play for your grade. Now, if he missed that tackle it would be a Major Minus.

Also, those numbers are inflated because of the poor play of the defense on third downs and playing so many snaps The middle of the defense has been especially porous. That gives him more opportunities to make tackles with little impact on the game or play. Having a safety with a high tackle number is NOT a good thing. Having a safety with high TFL's, FF's, INT's, and sacks would be much better.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #171
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 'Dre View Post
By "cleaned up his act", you mean... figured out how to circumvent drug tests?
Or just schedule his blunts around the drug test schedule.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #172
R-Mac

Quote:
The problem is that over half those tackles came after a first down was made and he still is missing plays that need to be made by a competent safety in the NFL.

Tackles are the WORST statistical argument for defensive performance, because of a lack of situational representation. Making a tackle 3 yards past the first down marker when you should make it 3 yards before it is not executing your responsibility. It is still a minus play for your grade. Now, if he missed that tackle it would be a Major Minus.

Also, those numbers are inflated because of the poor play of the defense on third downs and playing so many snaps The middle of the defense has been especially porous. That gives him more opportunities to make tackles with little impact on the game or play. Having a safety with a high tackle number is NOT a good thing. Having a safety with high TFL's, FF's, INT's, and sacks would be much better.
Every time he makes a tackle, it means the offense did not get to the endzone. And Moore already prevented some TDs with his tackles. The defense needs to step up, but so far Moore is showing more confidence and tackling better, and the bigger plays will come with more experience.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #173
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
The bad news is half of those tackles should have been Mays'
half? that's being generous.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #174
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Every time he makes a tackle, it means the offense did not get to the endzone. And Moore already prevented some TDs with his tackles. The defense needs to step up, but so far Moore is showing more confidence and tackling better, and the bigger plays will come with more experience.
At this point, I'm much more concerned about the gaping void of talent in the middle of the front seven, than I am about Raheem Moore.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #175
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
i think that was one of the 50 guys jjprice wanted in the top 15.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote