The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #26
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I see us losing to the saints, panthers and possibly cincy. I do not see any other teams that will present us problems. I know the ravens are on the list, but I just have this feeling that we are going to kick the ever living piss out of them. And I think we can easily sweep the division. I still fear the raiders more than the chefs and bolts.
Chefs, shut down charles (which is not easy at all I know) and we are good.
Bolts, pressure rivers and dont let gates or mathews beat us, they only have 2 dangerous guys, we can take them.
Raiders, we did it once, one more time for the circle to be complete.
11-5 or 12-4 should likely be our record.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #27
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
I see us losing to the saints, panthers and possibly cincy. I do not see any other teams that will present us problems. I know the ravens are on the list, but I just have this feeling that we are going to kick the ever living piss out of them. And I think we can easily sweep the division. I still fear the raiders more than the chefs and bolts.
Bolts, pressure rivers and dont let gates or mathews beat us, they only have 2 dangerous guys, we can take them.
I wouldn't say easily with how we give up the rock every game. I like your enthusiasm against the ravens. But throw in a couple turnovers that game and then what's the outcome?
Old 10-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #28
jerseyboiler120

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

I sure hope your feelings are right about the ravens. Can't remember the last time we beat them. Seems like they always hand us our lunch.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #29
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

As someone who made the mistake of drafting Cam newton in Fantasy, you all can be assurred that we are not losing to Carolina. and look at who we have played : Pitt, ATL, HOU, JOKELAND and New England.....San Diego's offense is too one dimensional to give us issues; KC's offense is a turnover machine and Jokeland is well, jokeland. We may split with diego but that's still 5-1 in the division. Cincy and baltimore will be our toughest remaining games; but if we jump out in front of cincy by a TD (something we've done only once all season--against jokeland) I like our chances with Dalton playing catch up (he still has never beaten a team with a winning record). New Orleans will score high twenties/ low thirties on us but we should put mid to high 30's on them. the rest of the schedule should be fearful of having to play usand not the other way around...Next Monday night will be a time for rejoicing Bronco fans...
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #30
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboiler120 View Post
I sure hope your feelings are right about the ravens. Can't remember the last time we beat them. Seems like they always hand us our lunch.
Jake Plummer days...2006 we won 13-3

Week 5: vs. Baltimore Ravens

Total

Ravens

Broncos

at Invesco Field at Mile High, Denver, Colorado

The Baltimore Ravens traveled to INVESCO Field at Mile High for Monday Night Football on October 9. The last time these two teams played, on December 11, 2005, the Broncos won 1210. The Broncos won 133 and improved to 31, still tied for first place in the division with the San Diego Chargers.

The Ravens got on the board first when Matt Stover kicked a 24-yard field goal, following a fumble by Broncos RB Tatum Bell. The Broncos responded with a 43-yard field goal of their own by Jason Elam. The Ravens drove deep into Broncos territory late at the end of the first half, but that drive was thwarted as Steve McNair was intercepted by Champ Bailey in the end zone on a pass intended for Clarence Moore. The third quarter was scoreless as the defensive struggle continued. The Broncos controlled the clock in the second half with the running game led by Tatum Bell, who atoned for his fumble in the first quarter by bouncing back with 92 yards rushing. Ravens QB McNair was intercepted again by Darrent Williams, which led to a Jake Plummer to Rod Smith touchdown pass. McNair was intercepted a third time, ending the Ravens' final drive, this time by Domonique Foxworth.

Last edited by txtebow; 10-08-2012 at 03:23 PM..
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #31
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Really? I'm the opposite. I'm just worried about getting in but feel like if we do we could be deadly. We will be better in 2-3 months than we are now and I think we can beat anyone in the AFC if we play well
I hope we improve enough to make a dent come January. It's possible. We're currently making far too many mistakes though to survive a playoff game. And they're not nearly all because of the new offense.

I just don't see much competition in the division. I think we go 5-0 there. Peyton beats the teams he should beat. It's how he made his living all those years in the AFC South.

Then we just need to play .500 outside the division and we're home free.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 10-08-2012 at 03:48 PM..
Old 10-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #32
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I see us at 9-7 at best!

Our offense will come around...one of the best, if not the best in the NFL.

Our defense......not even close. Actually, our defense is Pathetic.

Without a defense...we cannot slow down the Tom Brady's of the league, and therefore have to be mistake free. That's a lot to ask.

9-7 (and that's 7-4 the rest of the way), and whoever wins this Monday night wins the division.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #33
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
I see us at 9-7 at best!

Our offense will come around...one of the best, if not the best in the NFL.

Our defense......not even close. Actually, our defense is Pathetic.

Without a defense...we cannot slow down the Tom Brady's of the league, and therefore have to be mistake free. That's a lot to ask.

9-7 (and that's 7-4 the rest of the way), and whoever wins this Monday night wins the division.
I predicted 9-7 and a division Championship so I like what you say.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #34
DaFace
Resident Chiefs Lurker

Yep.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'd be pretty surprised if you guys didn't win the division at this point. Whether you survive more than one game in the playoffs, I'm skeptical, but you've just played the the toughest part of your schedule by far.
DaFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #35
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I'd be pretty surprised if you guys didn't win the division at this point. Whether you survive more than one game in the playoffs, I'm skeptical, but you've just played the the toughest part of your schedule by far.
I just want to see Denver make the playoffs. Hence I'll be also watching the wild card scenarios. The goal is to make the playoffs where anything can happen.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #36
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
I just want to see Denver make the playoffs. Hence I'll be also watching the wild card scenarios. The goal is to make the playoffs where anything can happen.
Exactly. Colts had some of the worst defenses but then the playoffs started and they turned into a top 5 D. That is pretty unlikely for us with Mays controlling the middle. It will be interesting to see how DJ plays when he comes back. I'm all for putting him in at MLB and leaving Woodyard at the WLB.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #37
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Denver has crapped the bed in Balt forever and still its a win by most fans. Like I told the team on here PROVE IT you can beat a quality team. We are 0-3 so far. Nothing to be ashamed of losing to them but, if we want to be a major player we need to find a way to win one of these games.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 10-08-2012 at 08:26 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:37 AM   #38
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Denver has crapped the bed in Balt forever and still its a win by most fans. Like I told the team on here PROVE IT you can beat a quality team. We are 0-3 so far. Nothing to be ashamed of losing to them but, if we want to be a major player we need to find a way to win one of these games.
Manning is 5-1 against Baltimore.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #39
richpjr
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Man, I'm not sure why people are so confident the Broncos will sweep the Chargers, especially given recent history and their past play against Manning. The Chargers are already 2-0 in the division with both wins on the road. They will likely take care of KC and Oakland at home and even a split with the Broncos leaves them with a 5-1 division record and a game up on the Broncos. Now anything with a Norv coached team can and does happen, but it's certainly not a gimme by any stretch of the imagination. And if they hold serve this Monday, it REALLY puts the pressure on the Broncos.
richpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #40
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Like the optimism but they aren't going 10-1 the rest of the way
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:27 AM   #41
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
I think we beat Baltimore and lose to NO
We're not going to win at Baltimore. I can't remember us ever winning at Baltimore.

In fact, I can't remember us ever going into Baltimore and coming out with anything other than being physically and emotionally broken.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #42
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
We're not going to win at Baltimore. I can't remember us ever winning at Baltimore.

In fact, I can't remember us ever going into Baltimore and coming out with anything other than being physically and emotionally broken.
Baltimore's defense is more name/legendary than it really is. They're not that great anymore. You can run on Baltimore today. The offense is stopping Ray Rice and I just don't like Flacco commanding an offense. Denver can win this game. History is useless, we are dealing with today. It's the same **** I read about Charger fans thinking the Chargers have Manning's number. Doesn't mean a damn thing today. While the Ravens are 4-1, other than the Cincy game they have all been very close. They are not dominant on defense like in the past. Denver can win this game.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:51 AM   #43
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I think #1 determining factor of our record will be health...

One Injury at Von Miller or Champ Bailey or Damaryius (yes, look at what we have behind him) and we're a sub 500 team.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:28 AM   #44
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I think #1 determining factor of our record will be health...

One Injury at Von Miller or Champ Bailey or Damaryius (yes, look at what we have behind him) and we're a sub 500 team.
That is every team and every sport.

Cushing is gone for the year in Houston. Cedric Benson is gone for the year in Green Bay. What if JJ Watt was next and blew his knee? What if Rivers went down for the year? You have to have some luck and hopefully the Broncos have it this year.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:25 AM   #45
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post

That's because we never have won at Baltimore

0-5 there (includes 1 post-season WC match-up)
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:04 AM   #46
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
That's because we never have won at Baltimore

0-5 there (includes 1 post-season WC match-up)
So you're sayin' were due
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #47
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
So you're sayin' were due
Haha works for me! Would love to go into Baltimore and give that overrated Muppet something to whine to the media about (again)
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #48
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

We better win Baltimore. Recently, their big accomplishment was to win a nail-biter field goal contest, against the powerful Kansas City Chiefs...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #49
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

I'm not sure why so many on here have us losing to the Saints. KC beat them in NO.....and SD could/should have beaten them in NO.

We have them in Denver........and oh, in case you hadn't noticed......NO's defense is absolute garbage. They are giving up about 31 points per game (4th worst in the league).
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #50
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
I'm not sure why so many on here have us losing to the Saints. KC beat them in NO.....and SD could/should have beaten them in NO.

We have them in Denver........and oh, in case you hadn't noticed......NO's defense is absolute garbage. They are giving up about 31 points per game (4th worst in the league).
it will be a high scoring game
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote