The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #226
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Putting aside semantics.....the Broncos beat one team with a winning record last year in the regular season. And Kyle Orton was our QB for that game.
Cleverly chosen semantics -- they beat some decent teams. They beat 4 teams that finished 8-8, which is no doubt why you chose the "winning record" phrasing, and chose "regular season" to exclude another win over a quality opponent. Once again carefully crafting the narrative to minimize the accomplishment.

It was winning football. That's the point of the game.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #227
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
What you do not know is Manning has a bad case of planters warts on the back of his hands and Saturday did not want to risk butt warts.
That makes more sense than anything DB4L has offered up so far. I will take it.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #228
menonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
Manning fixes everything.

Not everything. You are still going to need some of this to fix your problem:

Old 10-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #229
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
Not everything. You are still going to need some of this to fix your problem:

Been sitting on that gem for awhile haven't ya slugger? Welcome to the Internet circa 2000. Well played.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #230
menonite

Just because you have an avatar from a 20 year old comedy doesn't make you a comedian.

You aren't funny. I know you think you are, but you aren't. You are the "lonestar' of of funny posters.

Edit: Oh, and before I forget - Tebow sucks.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #231
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
His argument from the outset has been that players came here because of Manning and has yet to back that up. If his argument holds water the one guy, Saturday, that Manning reached out to would have signed in Denver. Saturday is about the best case scenario to support DB4L's argument that Manning brings players to Denver. If this were true Saturday would have come regardless of the pay or situation because playing with Manning is really what motivates players to sign with a team.
My argument is every free agent that we SIGNED is here because of Manning not that every free agent in the world wants to sign here dumbass. You keep spinning it though Saturday wasn't wanted in Denver as a starter you tool. Hence why he isn't here.

I'm still waiting for that link saying Saturday pick Green Bay over Denver because they offered more money. I think I will be waiting forever though. Since you just spit out nothing but crap.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #232
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
My argument is every free agent that we SIGNED is here because of Manning not that every free agent in the world wants to sign here dumbass. You keep spinning it though Saturday wasn't wanted in Denver as a starter you tool. Hence why he isn't here.

I'm still waiting for that link saying Saturday pick Green Bay over Denver because they offered more money. I think I will be waiting forever though. Since you just spit out nothing but crap.
You sure you're not a Raider fan? You are starting to sound like one.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #233
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
You sure you're not a Raider fan? You are starting to sound like one.
Why because I don't like Tebow and listen all off season how Manning was broke and how are scrub OL couldn't possibly block for him. Then how Decker and Thomas suck and how Denver would regret picking Manning up. Looks like only one player was the issue.

Lucky for you live in NYC. Priced any billboards yet?

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 10-09-2012 at 07:11 PM..
Old 10-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #234
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Why because I don't like Tebow and listen all of season how Manning was broke and how are scrub OL couldn't possibly block for him. Then how Decker and Thomas suck and how Denver would regret picking Manning up. Looks like only one player was the issue.

Lucky for you live in NYC. Priced any billboards yet?

It's easy dude, I don't hate players that brought me happiness. Tebow was the QB of one of the most relevant Broncos teams in the last decade.

Guess what dude I know Manning is a better than Tebow, and I too believe that will never change. Tebow had a nice run here and I will always be grateful. It's really that simple.

Your hate is borderline creepy. I have no problem with you not liking Tebow. I have a problem with you pissing on everyone's parade who holds a different opinion than you. It's to the point where I think everyone knows where everyone stands. These arguments haven't changed 1 iota and we are approaching 1 year since the trade. GTF over it!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #235
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Who's arguing that?

You conveniently left that out when you posted the whole from #1 to #17 rushing totals......

We're currently 3rd overall in passing, and while 17th isn't as desirable as 1st, McGahee believe it or not is on pace to rush for same amount of yardage in 2012 as he did last season.

Also you try to paint that running the ball better than anyone else did helped our D...how did it do that when we were one of the NFL's worst at converting 3rd downs?

BTW, we're currently 3rd overall this season with Manning vs. 30th last year with Tebow for 11.5 games and Orton for 4.5
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #236
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
It's easy dude, I don't hate players that brought me happiness. Tebow was the QB of one of the most relevant Broncos teams in the last decade.

Guess what dude I know Manning is a better than Tebow, and I too believe that will never change. Tebow had a nice run here and I will always be grateful. It's really that simple.

Your hate is borderline creepy. I have no problem with you not liking Tebow. I have a problem with you pissing on everyone's parade who holds a different opinion than you. It's to the point where I think everyone knows where everyone stands. These arguments haven't changed 1 iota and we are approaching 1 year since the trade. GTF over it!
Do you put last years season ahead of 2005 and what Plummer did? People still b**** and moan about what he did for the Denver Broncos like he was the worse thing ever does that upset you?

As for me disliking Tebow and pissing on everyones parade, I keep the Tebow talk in the proper threads. I started the Monday night game thread yesterday and not once I say he sucked or anything negative about him. Also Tebow was traded late March, its October now. How is that close to a year?
Old 10-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #237
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Did TGN hack DB4L's account?
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #238
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Do you put last years season ahead of 2005 and what Plummer did? People still b**** and moan about what he did for the Denver Broncos like he was the worse thing ever does that upset you?

As for me disliking Tebow and pissing on everyones parade, I keep the Tebow talk in the proper threads. I started the Monday night game thread yesterday and not once I say he sucked or anything negative about him. Also Tebow was traded late March, its October now. How is that close to a year?

Absolutely not. Check my posts on Plummer. Always supported him. That was a great season and actually the last time I got to see Denver play albeit against the Giants where Eli had his coming out party and what I consider his first great game as a pro.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #239
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:

I'm claiming that if ever there were a FA Manning could land it would have been Jeff Saturday.
And I'm sure if we didn't have Walton and the FO liking Blake in the 2012 draft, Manning could have talked them into signing him. Seems to me the TEAM didn't want Saturday, regardless of whether or not Manning did.

Just because a player doesn't come out an actually say "I'll go to Denver because they signed Manning" doesn't mean Manning wasn't one of the reasons they wanted to or actually did come here.

A TE like Tamme is a better receiver than blocker, so it would make sense that he'd look at the Manning signing and think "I'm familiar with most the offense, and I have a history with the QB, and the money offered is a fair one"

It would also make sense that a player would look at the Broncos as a whole and say "they signed Manning, which means they seriously want to pursue the Holy Grail of a SB title, and I want to win one too"

So whether directly or indirectly, whether admittedly or not, Manning made the Broncos a more attractive team for potential free agents
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #240
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Anyone that would think Manning does not positively influence FA singings is just being silly.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #241
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Cleverly chosen semantics -- they beat some decent teams. They beat 4 teams that finished 8-8, which is no doubt why you chose the "winning record" phrasing, and chose "regular season" to exclude another win over a quality opponent. Once again carefully crafting the narrative to minimize the accomplishment.

Was it winning football? 0-3 is winning? Why do tebow foowers ignore these most important games of that year? I never see any of them referring to these must win games. Only 1 was needed. It was strike 1 2 and 3. Without a win here there is no playoff game. Good thing the raiders lost.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 10-09-2012 at 08:01 PM..
Old 10-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #242
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Absolutely not. Check my posts on Plummer. Always supported him. That was a great season and actually the last time I got to see Denver play albeit against the Giants where Eli had his coming out party and what I consider his first great game as a pro.
Well that's good then. Most of the time now days last year was the only year Denver has been good since 1999.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #243
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Well that's good then. Most of the time now days last year was the only year Denver has been good since 1999.
I loved that 2005 year. It was amazing. I also noticed after the Pitt game there were people jumping off the bandwagon the back to back Super Bowls created right after the afc champ game. Brand new steeler fans living in Denver in 2006. Good riddance to those scaly wags
Old 10-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #244
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I loved that 2005 year. It was amazing. I also noticed after the Pitt game there were people jumping off the bandwagon the back to back Super Bowls created right after the afc champ game. Brand new steeler fans living in Denver in 2006. Good riddance to those scaly wags
Lots of similarities between last years team and the 2005\2006 season. Plummer vs Cutler Tebow vs Manning. Hopefully we got it right this time.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #245
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Regardless, we needed to change the QB. It was a must.

And its not like we traded away D players to get peyton.
With Tebow, Denver could beat good teams, but not the best.

With Peyton, Denver can beat good teams, but not the best.

I'm baffled. Where is the "needed" change at QB? Denver didn't trade defensive talent for Manning, at least, not in an obvious way. No, they just stacked a chunk of salary in his pocket instead of looking for free agents and spent a high draft pick on his back up. Tebow was not only cheap, but also young. 16 games total in starting -- not exactly the end of the road when it comes to a young player's development. Why are Denver fans so hellbent on constantly dumping the one position that requires the most investment? This team has had serious defensive issues up the middle for years now dating back to Griese for goodness sake, but thankfully we got Plummer to patch that up. I mean Cutler. I mean Orton. I mean Tebow whoops now I meant Manning. Kinda get lost in the smorgasboard of dumped QBs sometimes.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:18 PM   #246
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post

Its called being the least ****ty in a **** division

Chiefs won 10 games with Cassel in 2010
It is very possible to win this division with **** at the qb position

Loved last year, but Peyton was too good to pass up
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #247
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

We are still top 10 I believe in cap room

Does the idea that we are not going to build the team through FA not occur to anyone else?

Obviously Peyton was the exception, but I tend to think Elway meant what he said when he said we will "build through the draft"

It seems like we hear this ever year
"oh we didnt sign X, Bowlen is broke rabble rabble"

If we are being honest guys like Jeff Saturday and Jerell McClain are not the difference between winning the SB and not making the playoffs
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #248
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Was it winning football? 0-3 is winning? Why do tebow foowers ignore these most important games of that year? I never see any of them referring to these must win games. Only 1 was needed. It was strike 1 2 and 3. Without a win here there is no playoff game. Good thing the raiders lost.
And Peyton would have no shot at the playoffs in any other AFC division.. Good thing the Raiders still suck.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #249
Rolandftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
And Peyton would have no shot at the playoffs in any other AFC division.. Good thing the Raiders still suck.
I think they'd have a good shot at the wildcard in any other AFC division. Agreed that they're probably not as good as the Texans, Ravens and Patriots though. yet.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:53 AM   #250
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
I think they'd have a good shot at the wildcard in any other AFC division. Agreed that they're probably not as good as the Texans, Ravens and Patriots though. yet.
Not so sure. If we can barely make 10-6 in the AFC West there's no way we'd get there anywhere else.