The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #51
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
No, we got some real trolls posting on here lately.....

When people have the unmitigated gall to claim Manning is only getting yards and TD's in garbage time and was a waste of money......
And that Teblow was just as good
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #52
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
That is some funny ****...
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #53
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
I certainly haven't seen that...

I've seen some say he wasn't the problem and the 20 million would've improved the team more at different positions, but that's from claiming Peyton and Tim are even in the same stratosphere.

Maybe you guys are too sensitive?
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #54
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I certainly haven't seen that...

I've seen some say he wasn't the problem and the 20 million would've improved the team more at different positions, but that's from claiming Peyton and Tim are even in the same stratosphere.

Maybe you guys are too sensitive?
Ok let's venture there....I'm curious which FA's would these guys have signed had we not signed Manning and kept Tebow...and do you truly think the end result would have been different?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #55
menonite

How many millions are the Broncos under the cap right now? I know it was posted before but I can't find it.

Edit,. Nevermind. I found the answer.

Last edited by menonite; 10-08-2012 at 06:39 PM..
Old 10-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #56
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
What's funny to see is during preseason predictions 9 out of 10 OMers predicted a loss this week in their season predictions. Now it's emotional hysterics. I'd rather have them lose because of self inducing errors than get blown out when playin their best. 18-1 at home in October for pats. It was expected.
True enough, the Pats hit their mid-season stride two games ago and were in sync all around at home yesterday. But we played them tough the last quarter and were literally two completed plays away (three if you count the McGahee easy dropped pass on 4th and 1) from likely winning this thing as it was.

If Willis keeps both hands on the ball on that last run, which is how he started out the run with the ball totally wrapped up, we get 7 on that drive for sure, and had a VERY good chance for an on-sides kick recovery based on doing so well at that the last few years since Prater has been kicking them.

We get that onsides kick back when down only 3 and there is no way BRady gets the ball back and no way the Pats were stopping Manning and company at that point.

It took US to stop ourselves, even after the terrible 3rd down production on defense and the monster rush yards allowed. We still made a real game of it!

That is something to build on and few, if any, other teams on our schedule will be able to run the no-huddle with the speed and efficiency as we saw Brady run it at home last night.

Brees and NO might come close on offense, if we make no improvements in coverage and pressure on 3rd downs by then, though no doubt we will. However, that game is at Mile High, not the Superdome and their defense is a true sieve.

We do need to take care of business next Monday night and go into the bye in sole possession of first place in the division, having the tie breaker San Diego.

In any event, these clowns on the mane now that are b****in' and moanin' like the little pussies they so obviously are, are meaningless and contribute little of value here in any event. Don't pay them any attention at all .. that's what 'ignore' is for.

We could add a rule that if a given relative newbie poster earns a certain large number of 'ignores' from the bulk of long time loyal OMers, then they are toast. That might be one way to deal with the more obvious and obnoxious little whiners? But otherwise, just ignore them and they will shrivel up and blow away to greener pastures at some point.

Last edited by Hulamau; 10-08-2012 at 06:53 PM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #57
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Ok let's venture there....I'm curious which FA's would these guys have signed had we not signed Manning and kept Tebow...and do you truly think the end result would have been different?
Virtually none. It was a free-agent exodus before Manning came on board (Lloyd, Royal, Bunkley, Larsen, Fells)
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #58
Bacchus

I just stay away from this place after a loss. I let the trolls have their fun do and cherry pick the threads I read. Usually by thursday you can come in and talk football and I hope for a Broncos' victory on Sunday that usually gets rid of the trolls for the most part.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #59
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I don't why you're asking me to answer for other people, but okay....

Guys like Tulloch/Lofton would've been a huge upgrade to our largest area of need. Then you have All-Pros who are the tops of their positions in weak areas for Denver with Carl Nicks and Reggie Wayne.

You could've gotten all three of the above AND Michael Bush for Peyton's price tag.

To me, Peyton is the GOAT and I've defended him against accusations of:

- ****ty teammate that throws his OL under the bus
- Only wants money
- Can't win the big one

Etc.

...but I can see the Devil's Advocate argument for sure. Especially at this age. We don't have time to gel. A QB who's closer to 40 than 30 means "Win now" and we're still 2-3 regardless of how rough our competition has been.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #60
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Aren't I one?!
You know as soon as I saw the list I thought you should have been on it.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #61
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:

Guys like Tulloch/Lofton would've been a huge upgrade to our largest area of need. Then you have All-Pros who are the tops of their positions in weak areas for Denver with Carl Nicks and Reggie Wayne.

You could've gotten all three of the above AND Michael Bush for Peyton's price tag.

- Only wants money
- Can't win the big one

Etc.

...but I can see the Devil's Advocate argument for sure. Especially at this age. We don't have time to gel. A QB who's closer to 40 than 30 means "Win now" and we're still 2-3 regardless of how rough our competition has been.
If you think any legit WR or TE signs here with Tebow, you are crazy. I could see a RB or OL given the running game we had.

Nearly all of us wanted a MLB. I would say that the $4M/yr they gave Mays would say that the $5.5M/yr that Lofton and Tulloch got wasnt out of the price range (ie due to Manning). They just thought that Mays was a better value... and were DEAD wrong

Last edited by Jekyll15Hyde; 10-08-2012 at 09:54 PM..
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #62
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

- Only wants money
- Can't win the big one

Etc.

Do you keep TT or dump him? I can see your devil's advocate side and agree. I'd would also have drafted Weeden and plugged him in (and traded TT too).
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #63
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
I think it's all part of a plan by CanadianBroncofan to make American Bronco fans look bad. He slowly destroys the fan base one post at a time and then boom: say hello to the Winnipeg Broncos.
ha ha ha ha ha ha

Good theory HOWEVER as some can attest, I rather enjoy having the Broncos in Denver, in fact I'm visiting at the end of the month for the Saints game.

If you've ever been there, you would understand that I would go to Denver any day of the week over Winnipeg.

That and I think AmericanBroncoFan is an A-Class troll and is really KCDud in disguise from when he was banned.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #64
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
menonite is my favorite new poster. Please no insinuations that this genius is trolling.
I liked him until he unveiled my master plan about moving the Broncos north.

For the record, Bowlen did spend a lot of time making a name for himself as a lawyer here in Edmonton....................it's all coming together nicely.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #65
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
I love this place when its Broncos fans talking Bronco football and the podcast you guys put together every week is amazing. I think it deserves to reach more ears but its just a shame a lot of it gets overlooked due to the amount of douche bags claiming to be Broncos fans.

Seriously this is getting out of hand after a loss the trolls come out in large and some even have avatars pretending to be Broncos fans, look I get rivals talking trash but if your sporting a Broncos avatar and your trolling other Broncos fans that really care about their team. I get the fans upset about a loss I get that but I am talking about the ones claiming to be Broncos fans but trashing them every chance they get for example "AmericanBroncFan".

I don't know if its the bitter uneducated Tebow loving crowd thats causing this but its gotta stop.

Criticism of the team is cool I understand that Joe Mays was horrible today but trolling and being a blatant douche is another thing.

so we are 2-3 its not a big deal its a long season.
Curious to know how many people you've got on your ignore list before you started this thread.

I don't like it when someone calls "Champ" as "Chump," but it's editorial. More than the editorial, however, I'd like to see more analysis of why a fan would editorialize as such - and to that end, I've asked him to do so. My first instinct is not to ban for editorial - but at some point empty editorializing becomes trolling. So we'll see...

Discussions aren't typically about everyone agreeing with each other.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:35 AM   #66
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Curious to know how many people you've got on your ignore list before you started this thread.

I don't like it when someone calls "Champ" as "Chump," but it's editorial. More than the editorial, however, I'd like to see more analysis of why a fan would editorialize as such - and to that end, I've asked him to do so. My first instinct is not to ban for editorial - but at some point empty editorializing becomes trolling. So we'll see...

I agree, but what is funny is the people you only see after loses that really are hear just trolling. No_Broncos, LostKnight are two I can think of. Anyway, I'm not a fan of banning just to ban people. I have not yet figured out how to put someone on ignore. It seems to be beyond my reasoning level.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:03 AM   #67
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I agree, but what is funny is the people you only see after loses that really are hear just trolling. No_Broncos, LostKnight are two I can think of. Anyway, I'm not a fan of banning just to ban people. I have not yet figured out how to put someone on ignore. It seems to be beyond my reasoning level.
How to place another poster on ignore:
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:22 AM   #68
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I don't even have to use the function. I just ignore them. Easy enough. You just skip over their posts.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:26 AM   #69
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I don't even have to use the function. I just ignore them. Easy enough. You just skip over their posts.
True, but you only have an approximately 30% efficiency rating when using this with me.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:22 AM   #70
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Calling Champ Chump is one thing

Calling Champ "lazy for the last 4-5 years" was the most ignorant statement I have ever read on this board. When you don't get thrown at except 2-3 times a game and still have the mental makeup to stay in the game on every play Champ would never be called lazy by anyone with .001 % of football IQ.

I would have banned him just on that comment alone. That to me is "empty editorizing" and adds zero value to the board
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #71
AmericanBroncFan

Can we BAN the eric WIMPstons of the the world who blow through their tampon because fans have a different opinion than thiers?
Old 10-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #72
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBroncFan View Post
Can we BAN the eric WIMPstons of the the world who blow through their tampon because fans have a different opinion than thiers?
By the way, this guy got banned. The perma variety...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #73
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #74
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Prolonged Golf Clap to you! That guy was worthless. A lot of people are called trolls for having viewpoints far from what is considered the norm or majority. But this guy was a true and true Troll.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #75
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
you squandered my plan Taco