The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #201
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Tebow was a problem. And Manning fixed that problem.

But that's only 1 position fixed. Although it's the most important position, we still have other important areas that need improvement.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #202
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
They're on pace to go 7-9.

Doubt he'll be going anywhere when Manning puts up that record.
Actually if Manning puts up that record (or any record resulting in a worse finish than last season) I'm gone from pro football entirely until Bowlen no longer owns the team. Can't find the post, but I still believe what I said then. There is only so much money and attention I can allow myself to waste on an owner who keeps making the same mistake every 2 years for the last 14, going on 16.

The bet DBag must have been referring to (I have the DBag on ignore) is that Tebow will start more games over the next two years than Manning, as I was unconvinced that Manning had fully healed from his neck injury and that with our line he wouldn't survive long anyway. Still not very convinced, given what I've seen.

Anyway, that just means I'll have to find another place to talk about politics, MSU and the Detroit Tigers.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #203
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Actually if Manning puts up that record (or any record resulting in a worse finish than last season) I'm gone from pro football entirely until Bowlen no longer owns the team. Can't find the post, but I still believe what I said then. There is only so much money and attention I can allow myself to waste on an owner who keeps making the same mistake every 2 years for the last 14, going on 16.

The bet DBag must have been referring to (I have the DBag on ignore) is that Tebow will start more games over the next two years than Manning, as I was unconvinced that Manning had fully healed from his neck injury and that with our line he wouldn't survive long anyway. Still not very convinced, given what I've seen.

Anyway, that just means I'll have to find another place to talk about politics, MSU and the Detroit Tigers.
That and you thought Denver wouldn't be a top 10 O and Manning isn't a top 5 passing QB in the NFL. ****ing dumbass
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #204
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Still not convinced Manning is healed and our OL is better with Manning then it was with Tebow. Good thing my bet didn't include the CFL starts Tebow will have.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #205
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
no you made the case for Saturday picking the Packers over Denver for money. Denver didn't want Saturday that is why he didn't end up with the Broncos. You claimed signing Saturday was a huge selling point for Manning and that wasn't the case at all. The influx is the 5 starters playing we signed after Manning.
We didn't want Saturday so bad we flew him out to tell him to **** off.

Elway: Hey Jeff, why don't you fly on out to Denver so we can visit.
Saturday: Can do.

Elway: Welcome to Denver Jeff.
Saturday: Glad to be here.
Elway: Glad to have you. We wanted to bring you out here to let you know we don't want you to play for this club. You're not Bronco material. Now **** off. MUA HA HA HA HA

I'm claiming that if ever there were a FA Manning could land it would have been Jeff Saturday.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #206
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post

Elway: Glad to have you. We wanted to bring you out here to let you know we don't want you to play for this club. You're not Bronco material. Now **** off. MUA HA HA HA HA

I'm claiming that if ever there were a FA Manning could land it would have been Jeff Saturday.
Jeff's own words explained "the broncos didnt want me" he said he didn't feel the love from the broncos like GB. In GB he's the first choice. In Denver he said they wanted a different direction being first choice.

Has nothing to do with Manning has to do with Saturday not wanting to sit behind Walton.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...y-lard-3-25-12
Old 10-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #207
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

Elway: We would like to come in and help Walton and be a back up
Saturday: No thanks John I think I still can start and play
Elway: OK Jeff thanks for your time

Manning: How did the meeting go Jeff?
Saturday: Well Peyton the Broncos want me more as a mentor and a back up for Walton while the Packers want me to start.
Manning: Do what you feel is best for you Jeff.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #208
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Jeff's own words explained "the broncos didnt want me" he said he didn't feel the love from the broncos like GB. In GB he's the first choice. In Denver he said they wanted a different direction being first choice.

Has nothing to do with Manning has to do with Saturday not wanting to sit behind Walton.

Raider it too dumb to get that.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #209
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Every time a supporter slips and says only "Tebow," guys like you remind them it was a team effort.

But putting aside semantics, there were some quality teams on the schedule. As it happened, they didn't go to the playoffs because it was an odd year, but the Chargers were good. The Bears had a playoff caliber D, just lost Cutler. But that 18-24 finish Tebow had against them was him coming alive against an elite defense. The Jets barely missed the playoffs and had an elite defense. Any win over the Raiders is a good quality win, even though they haven't been in the playoffs in a while. The Dolphins were playing good defense last year.

You play who's in front of you, and you can't win them all. Pittsburgh was a quality performance against a quality team. Threw the ball well. He showed enough -- the kid's got game. Just needs to find another ride.
Putting aside semantics.....the Broncos beat one team with a winning record last year in the regular season. And Kyle Orton was our QB for that game.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #210
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Manning landed us Clady, Walton, Beadles, Frankling, Decker, and Thomas. With Tebow they didn't exist.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #211
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

RaiderH8r- We might be a better team, but we are still not good enough. I am not sure trading for Manning will be worth it after all is said and done.

Dbroncos4life- Manning makes us better

Raiderh8r- I never said he didn't

Dbroncos4life- lol omg f-ing tebowner
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #212
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
no you made the case for Saturday picking the Packers over Denver for money. Denver didn't want Saturday that is why he didn't end up with the Broncos. You claimed signing Saturday was a huge selling point for Manning and that wasn't the case at all. The influx is the 5 starters playing we signed after Manning.
This is a dumb distincion because "Didn't Want" is basically synonymous with "Didn't Want to Pay for"

If Jeff volunteered to play for league vet minimum to follow Manning, he'd be a Bronco right now, NQA. Green Bay offered him more money, AKA "Wanted him more" so instead he's in Green Bay.

This isn't difficult.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #213
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Manning landed us Clady, Walton, Beadles, Frankling, Decker, and Thomas. With Tebow they didn't exist.
Manning also resigned Joe Mays. He was gone until Peyton started pounding desks. And since we know Joe reads the OM, he read all about how having PFM would make defense so much easier because they'd be sitting on 28 point leads every game.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #214
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:

Again, I'm not arguing any of that. I'm arguing that 1. Denver was interested, at least to some degree. Enough to bring him out and 2. If there is any player in the mix that Manning could have had an impact on signing it would have been Saturday. If playing with Manning were the be all, end all DB4L is making it out to be then it wouldn't have mattered to Saturday what Denver's plans were. He would have put all of that aside to play for God, Country, and Manning. Obviously that didn't happen. Players don't pass up self interest in favor of playing with certain players. Doesn't happen. Yet DB4L would have me believe that players do indeed pass up self interest to play with Manning. I hope that's true because I'd love to get JJ Watt in here next offseason. I bet Watt requests a trade to play with Manning.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #215
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
RaiderH8r- We might be a better team, but we are still not good enough. I am not sure trading for Manning will be worth it after all is said and done.

we traded for Manning now
Raider claims Denver would be better with Tebow and used the money spent on Manning for other FA's.

I claim no FA was coming to Denver because of Tebow. Is that clear?
Old 10-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #216
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
And his tears heal baby cancer. I know. Manning fixes everything.

BTW, OL also take pride in the #1 running game in the league.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #217
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Again, I'm not arguing any of that. I'm arguing that 1. Denver was interested, at least to some degree. Enough to bring him out and 2. If there is any player in the mix that Manning could have had an impact on signing it would have been Saturday. If playing with Manning were the be all, end all DB4L is making it out to be then it wouldn't have mattered to Saturday what Denver's plans were. He would have put all of that aside to play for God, Country, and Manning. Obviously that didn't happen. Players don't pass up self interest in favor of playing with certain players. Doesn't happen. Yet DB4L would have me believe that players do indeed pass up self interest to play with Manning. I hope that's true because I'd love to get JJ Watt in here next offseason. I bet Watt requests a trade to play with Manning.
I think there's some lost in translation here. I re read his post and he's stating Denver wasn't as interested(which means less money and no starting position)
Old 10-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #218
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
we traded for Manning now
Raider claims Denver would be better with Tebow and used the money spent on Manning for other FA's.

I claim no FA was coming to Denver because of Tebow. Is that clear?
Tebow sucks. hehe haha rofl
Old 10-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #219
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
And his tears heal baby cancer. I know. Manning fixes everything.

BTW, OL also take pride in the #1 running game in the league.
Pretty much what I expected from you.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #220
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I think there's some lost in translation here. I re read his post and he's stating Denver wasn't as interested(which means less money and no starting position)
That is it. If Denver wants him as a starter he is a Bronco.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #221
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post

I don't get it.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #222
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I don't get it.

I was writing without thinking. I was doing a good dbroncos4life impersonation.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #223
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
That is it. If Denver wants him as a starter he is a Bronco.
But I thought the presence of Manning is all that is needed for the most coveted free agents to flock to Denver.

Manning fixes everything.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #224
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
His argument from the outset has been that players came here because of Manning and has yet to back that up. If his argument holds water the one guy, Saturday, that Manning reached out to would have signed in Denver. Saturday is about the best case scenario to support DB4L's argument that Manning brings players to Denver. If this were true Saturday would have come regardless of the pay or situation because playing with Manning is really what motivates players to sign with a team.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #225
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
His argument from the outset has been that players came here because of Manning and has yet to back that up. If his argument holds water the one guy, Saturday, that Manning reached out to would have signed in Denver. Saturday is about the best case scenario to support DB4L's argument that Manning brings players to Denver. If this were true Saturday would have come regardless of the pay or situation because playing with Manning is really what motivates players to sign with a team.
What you do not know is Manning has a bad case of planters warts on the back of his hands and Saturday did not want to risk butt warts.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote