The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: grade demaryius
A: Numbers speak for themselves 18 13.85%
B: Good so far, too many damn fumbles 73 56.15%
C: Hold on to the damn ball, D. Less drops too. 36 27.69%
D: Misleading numbers, he's the #1 WR by default 3 2.31%
F: **** DONNIE, You had one job! 0 0%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #51
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

A+ production with D mistakes (fumbles and dropped balls) so I give a B for benefit of the doubt while hoping he'll give me a W for wont **** me over anymore
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #52
DENVERDUI55

^ This. He has been a stud in fantasy though.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #53
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Anyone grading Demaryius Thomas out at a C or less is a shoeless orphan.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #54
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Oh so if we won the Pats game then what?
C too many sloppy fumbles and play. C to A is not that far of a leap if he cleans it up. I think he will get to an A too, rather not live up to his potential like other potential beast WRs
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #55
BroncoBeavis

Fun stat of the afternoon.

DT has lost twice as many career fumbles as Brandon Stokely.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #56
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Fun stat of the afternoon.

DT has lost twice as many career fumbles as Brandon Stokely.
and DT has more catches this season already than Stokley caught in 8 of his single seasons in the league.

Yays numbers!
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #57
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Wow, some seriously harsh critics here.

He earns a solid B. Needs to tighten up ball control, and work on red zone production.

As to the fumbles. Only one fumble was unforgivable. One was a desperation play, the other way partly a great defensive play.

He blew it big time in Oakland fumbling out of no where, but to hold his ass to the fire for the others is just assinine.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #58
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
C too many sloppy fumbles and play. C to A is not that far of a leap if he cleans it up. I think he will get to an A too, rather not live up to his potential like other potential beast WRs
That's what we generally call someone having a B.

Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #59
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
and DT has more catches this season already than Stokley caught in 8 of his single seasons in the league.

Yays numbers!
Brandon didn't play a lot some years. But he had one year with more receptions than DT has career. And 7 times as many catches overall. So in the end... fumbles are bad mmmkay.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #60
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I love how people insult other people over a hypothetical letter grading of someone else's performance after 1 quarter of a season.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #61
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

You are a shoeless orphan, Rev.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #62
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
First started? He is the league leader in drops over the last 3 seasons. As for fumbles, he had 8 in his 4 years with Denver.
I'm ok with Thomas producing like Marshall did. I think it's just that style of player. You take the good with the bad.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #63
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Demaryius having the most drops is false.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #64
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Marshall being the top player in drops is a lie too.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #65
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
I went back and forth between B and C. Those fumbles as a result of bone head lack of ball control give him a C. He'll if he just is more disciplined he is an easy A right now.
There is no way with those numbers you could give him a C, even with a few fumbles lost. What was that stat, he's 1 yard out of 1st place in the NFL in yards right now. C? gimmie a break dude.

So with your rule of thought, you could also give Manning a C right now because of all those INT's that cost us the game in ATL and a fumble in the last game that had as much to do with the loss as the fumble by Thomas. No, you don't give Manning a C. In fact, most here would give him an A. So to say Thomas would get a C, those who would cast their vote that way are clueless idiots, plain and simple.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #66
yerner
Ring of Famer

His fumble at New England made me very very angry.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #67
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I'd give him a B. The fumbles...ball security needs to not only be stressed daily but tattooed on his hands. Tuck that b**** away and then run for 40 yards downfield.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #68
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

too many mistakes IMHO. I think he's just feeling the pressure to perform and it's stressing him out a little too much. Hopefully towards the end of the year he will feel much more comfortable in this offense and just play ball. He's got great talent, with him it's a mental issue.

that fumble in the raiders game is a perfect example. He's running down the field, he tries to switch the ball from one hand to the other (in order to deliver a stiff arm to the DB) and he just drops the ball. It's crap like this that makes people scream.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #69
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
too many mistakes IMHO. I think he's just feeling the pressure to perform and it's stressing him out a little too much. Hopefully towards the end of the year he will feel much more comfortable in this offense and just play ball. He's got great talent, with him it's a mental issue.

that fumble in the raiders game is a perfect example. He's running down the field, he tries to switch the ball from one hand to the other (in order to deliver a stiff arm to the DB) and he just drops the ball. It's crap like this that makes people scream.
you think this is because of stress Or just a random occurance? Im voting the latter
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #70
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
you think this is because of stress Or just a random occurance? Im voting the latter
I think it might be just a bit of nerves with the Manning acquisition and the instant national expectations that brought for him (in combination with Hailmaryius)

I think he'll overcome it and eventually earn A's. But giving him A's for his performance when his mistakes have taken at least as many touchdowns off the board as he's scored so far? Just think about that. How does that grade out to an A?

Yards only pay out in FF.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #71
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
A+ production with D mistakes (fumbles and dropped balls) so I give a B for benefit of the doubt while hoping he'll give me a W for wont **** me over anymore
This except I voted C for CoC (and because the fumbles are unforgivable.)
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #72
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This except I voted C for CoC (and because the fumbles are unforgivable.)
Haven't we had enough threads concerning the forgive-ability of fumbles this week?
Old 10-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #73
Turd_Ferguson

I gave him a B strictly based on the two big fumbles he has had. The great thing about this kid is that he came from Georgia Tech....Meaning he was used mostly to block downfield...Meaning he isn't a lazy Randy Moss type WR that only plays when he is getting the ball. Seems like every game he is laying out some DB down field with a huge block. In college and his first few years in the NFL he has never had to worry about sharpening his route running and his ball skills, because he was in a run heavy option style offense, and even with Tebow several of his big plays came from breaking off routes when Tebow scrambled.

Look at how great Rod Smith became after being an undrafted free agent. I believe a lot of the reason he was able to do that was due to playing with Elway and learning how to become a great WR. Peyton Manning will be here for a few years at least. Hopefully by the time Manning retires, Thomas will be a veteran Rod Smith/Reggie Wayne type leader of the offense, and a safety blanket for a guy like Osweiler when he eventually takes over. Guy could be great, its very exciting, and even though I think a lot of the freaking out over his drops and fumbles has been greatly exaggerated, he does need to improve his ball skills. Keep in mind TO dropped a TON of passes and if not for his horrible locker room problems he may have been a HoF player. The kid has only been in an NFL passing offense for like 1 season lets just hope he has the work ethic to continue to improve cause he has the tools to be great. He is currently a B with A+ potential.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #74
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
I gave him a B strictly based on the two big fumbles he has had. The great thing about this kid is that he came from Georgia Tech....Meaning he was used mostly to block downfield...Meaning he isn't a lazy Randy Moss type WR that only plays when he is getting the ball. Seems like every game he is laying out some DB down field with a huge block. In college and his first few years in the NFL he has never had to worry about sharpening his route running and his ball skills, because he was in a run heavy option style offense, and even with Tebow several of his big plays came from breaking off routes when Tebow scrambled.

I find your avatar offensive and distasteful.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:50 AM   #75
CEH
Ring of Famer

Final point cause I think it needs to be brought up

In the NFL if you can beat man to man coverage and is the designated #1 WR on your team then you are better than average

DT can and does beat man to man coverage every game.

Name me 10 other WRs in the league that can beat man to man coverage on a daily basis..

If you can I bet that list is a list of All Pro Wrs
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote