The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #176
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
7 pages.

Usual suspects, usual arguments, usual hate.

Tebow wasn't the problem, Manning didn't solve the problem.

Hope you all are enjoying 2-3. I know I'm not.
Don't worry because on the pace Manning and the O are going you will be gone from the site for a year

Sorry about the Jets being 2-3 by the way. Tebow looks great blocking punts HA HAHAHAHAH

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 10-09-2012 at 01:48 PM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #177
Drunken.Broncoholic

Can't believe people think this way. So they get upset cause we lose to elite teams. Other than the steelers name one playoff caliber team Tebow beat last year.

I'd rather lose watching a QB play well than lose watching one go 6-22 and lay turds all over the field.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #178
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Tebow wasn't the problem, Manning didn't solve the problem.
Tebow wasn't the problem, and Manning didn't solve the problem. The problem was the team, as a whole, not being good enough.

But Tebow was a problem, and Manning did solve a problem. A problem was the QB not being good enough.

In other words, the team still isn't good enough. But the QB position has been vastly improved in the short term.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #179
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Don't worry because on the pace Manning and the O are going you will be gone from the site for a year
They're on pace to go 7-9.

Doubt he'll be going anywhere when Manning puts up that record.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #180
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I'd rather lose watching a QB play well than lose watching one go 6-22 and lay turds all over the field.
Truth be told, you'd rather watch Manning lose than Tebow win.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #181
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
They're on pace to go 7-9.

Doubt he'll be going anywhere when Manning puts up that record.
he is going to LOSE our bet, and Denver won't finish 7-9.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #182
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Now? You bet.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #183
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Tebow wasn't the "issue", Tebow was only the issue at QB. We had other issues Our WR's often didn't know what to do and neither did the line with Tebow. The defense was a big issue but they even held the game so Tebow could make those comebacks. Peyton more than resolved the issue at QB. We will continue to have average years as long as the defense is an "issue". Once the defense has their parts in place, we are going to the SB (and that will include, for the first time in a long, long time, true safeties) and winning.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #184
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
you damn straight
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #185
KO5K

Quote:
Now? You bet.
Weak reflection.

You would rather watch Manning lose, than watch Tebow win as the Broncos QB.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #186
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Tebow wasn't the problem, and Manning didn't solve the problem. The problem was the team, as a whole, not being good enough.

But Tebow was a problem, and Manning did solve a problem. A problem was the QB not being good enough.

In other words, the team still isn't good enough. But the QB position has been vastly improved in the short term.
Where it looked like the WRs couldn't do anything last year there will be 2 that go over 1,000 yards this year. Several problems on the team last year, 2 less this year. The FO love for Mays and putting all hope in a guy who hasn't played DT in over 2 years are the biggest problems.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #187
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Tebow wasn't the "issue", Tebow was only the issue at QB. We had other issues Our WR's often didn't know what to do and neither did the line with Tebow. The defense was a big issue but they even held the game so Tebow could make those comebacks. Peyton more than resolved the issue at QB. We will continue to have average years as long as the defense is an "issue". Once the defense has their parts in place, we are going to the SB and winning.
They ignore the first part. With Tebow we needed to replace the OL, WR's, and fix the D. With Manning he turned the same OL and WR's into pro bowl players. Tebow WAS a HUGE part of the problem.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #188
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Weak reflection.

You would rather watch Manning lose, than watch Tebow win as the Broncos QB.
You'd rather watch Manning lose now than watch him win. You're blasting me for not liking Tebow, yet you have an AV that is anti bronco.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #189
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Tebow wasn't the "issue", Tebow was only the issue at QB. We had other issues Our WR's often didn't know what to do and neither did the line with Tebow. The defense was a big issue but they even held the game so Tebow could make those comebacks. Peyton more than resolved the issue at QB. We will continue to have average years as long as the defense is an "issue". Once the defense has their parts in place, we are going to the SB (and that will include, for the first time in a long, long time, true safeties) and winning.
So what I find frustrating is when are we going to do this? I don't see any signs of this any time soon. This team has been mired in mediocrity since 1999 while we get to sit back and watch other franchises turn things around either via the draft or FA. Don't get me wrong, I would rather be mired in mediocrity than be a continual bottom feeder, but what's it going to take to make this team elite again?

The team this year reminds me of the Plummer days when we would win 9-11 games, but we all knew we would get bounced once we played the good teams because the D is garbage. I am just tired of seeing the same old crap year in and year out.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #190
KO5K

Quote:
You'd rather watch Manning lose now than watch him win. You're blasting me for not liking Tebow, yet you have an AV that is anti bronco.
I never claimed otherwise?

But your weak attempts to spin the question twice are a pretty good indicator of what you would rather see.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #191
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

But your weak attempts to spin the question twice are a pretty good indicator of what you would rather see.
Tebow trolls in full force on the Broncos board. Don't you guys have a QB to get the coach to bench? Billboards cost to much in NYC?
Old 10-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #192
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

So you admit you want to see manning lose, yet are blasting me by assuming I want tebow to lose? I'm about 98% sure you get a semi when seeing people critique tebow.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #193
KO5K

Quote:
So you admit you want to see manning lose, yet are blasting me by assuming I want tebow to lose? I'm about 98% sure you get a semi when seeing people critique tebow.
Assuming? You've avoided answering the question three times.

How about a straight answer this time. Would you rather see Tebow win as the Broncos QB or Manning lose as the Broncos QB?
Old 10-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #194
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Assuming? You've avoided answering the question three times.

How about a straight answer this time. Would you rather see Tebow win as the Broncos QB or Manning lose as the Broncos QB?
I'm not avoiding anything. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy you are throwing at me. You won't like my answer anyways. I'd rather see Manning as the broncos QB, win OR lose as the broncos QB. Just like you'd rather see Tebow instead of manning. I get it. You like tebow. I like manning.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #195
KO5K

Quote:
I'm not avoiding anything. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy you are throwing at me. You won't like my answer anyways. I'd rather see Manning as the broncos QB, win OR lose. Just like you'd rather see Tebow instead of manning. I get it. You like tebow. I like manning.
I don't give a **** what your answer is.

Just don't go around playing the 'superfan' and shouting troll when anyone dares criticize Manning, seeing as this was you last year, hoping Tebow was going to lose.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #196
Jay3

Quote:
Can't believe people think this way. So they get upset cause we lose to elite teams. Other than the steelers name one playoff caliber team Tebow beat last year.
Every time a supporter slips and says only "Tebow," guys like you remind them it was a team effort.

But putting aside semantics, there were some quality teams on the schedule. As it happened, they didn't go to the playoffs because it was an odd year, but the Chargers were good. The Bears had a playoff caliber D, just lost Cutler. But that 18-24 finish Tebow had against them was him coming alive against an elite defense. The Jets barely missed the playoffs and had an elite defense. Any win over the Raiders is a good quality win, even though they haven't been in the playoffs in a while. The Dolphins were playing good defense last year.

You play who's in front of you, and you can't win them all. Pittsburgh was a quality performance against a quality team. Threw the ball well. He showed enough -- the kid's got game. Just needs to find another ride.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #197
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I don't give a **** what your answer is.

Just don't go around playing the 'superfan' and shouting troll when anyone dares criticize Manning, seeing as this was you last year, hoping Tebow was going to lose.
If you don't give a **** why did you ask me in 3 posts? I wasn't even posting on this site last year when he was playing so posting "hoping tebow to lose" is impossible. Frankly I find it fascinating you critique a QB with a 101.2 QBR rating, yet praise a guy bouncing footballs off his head and showing ZERO production all preseason, and now regular season.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #198
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Link to Denver offering Saturday a contract.
You put forth the thesis. It's on you to make the case. I'm not going to argue against myself because you find yourself in the inconvenient position of being totally wrong. Where is the Manning influx you speak of? I hope you're right but I don't think so.

What's going to be super awesome is next year when players start requesting trades to Denver to play with Manning. Then you'll really be on to something.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #199
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
You put forth the thesis. It's on you to make the case. I'm not going to argue against myself because you find yourself in the inconvenient position of being totally wrong. Where is the Manning influx you speak of? I hope you're right but I don't think so.

What's going to be super awesome is next year when players start requesting trades to Denver to play with Manning. Then you'll really be on to something.
I'm not sure if there was an influx of FAs wanting to come. I am sure there were plenty that didn't if Tebow was here. Even players like Lloyd requesting a trade. I still remember the laughter desean Jackson had when asked about playing here
Old 10-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #200
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post

no you made the case for Saturday picking the Packers over Denver for money. Denver didn't want Saturday that is why he didn't end up with the Broncos. You claimed signing Saturday was a huge selling point for Manning and that wasn't the case at all. The influx is the 5 starters playing we signed after Manning.